• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

Hi everyone! I'm officially 8 months off. Still dealing with symptoms but I was able to take my son to the playground yesterday, I was so thankful!

Enjoyed Christmas and enjoyed a holiday dinner with 10 people.

Last weekend I had a window, took my son to the riverfront and then to Old Town to see the large tree & lights!

I'll stop there...just wanted to share good news!

Good topic.  I'm so focused on what's still wrong that I forget about what's gotten better.

INTENSE DP/DR near the end of my taper is COMPLETELY GONE.

Tinnitus is GONE. period.

No longer dizzy, ever.  During and right after my taper I could barely go for a walk.

WAY more energy.  Like I said could barely walk.  Now I'm biking 30-40 miles as often as I can!

No longer sensitive to foods.  I can eat anything.  GI functioning pretty much normally.

Hello!  I am just joining this thread! Great idea and thread btw!  Curious you said your tinnitus is gone...how long did you have it and how long did it take to be gone?

I'm glad someone else mentioned the sexual dysfunction - I was beginning to think it was off limits.  I know the ability will come back when my dose gets lower...

Since my dose correction, I have no:

d/p, d/r

fasciculations

electric shocks

tinnitus

depression

GI upset

crippling am anxiety

fear of being alone

constant sense of dread (more afraid of w/d than death)

bone deep weakness and fatigue

I have a slight tremor, the anxiety is constant, but bearable, I get some tingling occasionally, and I have to think about it to unclench my muscles... but this is all tolerable.  I'm myself again and able to function 100%.  And my appetite is back!

Thanks for starting this thread.

Hey D....how did your dose correction make your tinnitus go away?

I am almost 9 months off and I have seen improvement in being able to concentrate, can go out in public more comfortably, sleep is a little better but is still not consistently good. 

This is definitely a great thread topic!!

I drove 400 miles yesterday to buy a motorcycle & rode it today 60 miles, I held off tapering until after the holidays

& felt like I was in a one week window but it seems to be closing a little the more I realize I have to go back to work

tomorrow  :'(

Ninj :smitten:

Ninj! That is wonderful News! Congratulations also for getting yourself a motorcycle! This is going to help you a lot! Imagine that tomorrow after work you can ride a little bit!...If possible, take the first Day at work a bit easy...

:)

I rode it 60 miles yesterday, I have been riding all during my tapering.  It's the one thing I can do that takes my mind off tapering issues. 

It's like the old saying " you will never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office" it's like therapy for me.  :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

I no longer have air hunger

I am proud of myself

My depression is gone

I learned to meditate

I don't run from pain, look for relief in rxs

My body is healing

My insomina is gone

Muscle pain gone

Developed symptom tolerance.. See them as signals of healing, health

I don't grind my teeth anymore

I have learned how to self soothe, without meds, never took a rescue dose

I am happy

I am proud of myself

My depression is gone

I learned to meditate

My body is healing

My insomina is gone

Muscle pain gone

I am happy

Very nice NYC!!!

I am proud of myself

My depression is gone

I learned to meditate

My body is healing

My insomina is gone

Muscle pain gone

I am happy

Goo stuff NYCwaverider!

So glad you dug up this thread!

Hi everyone,

I have been receiving daily inspirations from a woman who went through a severe K w/d and now dedicates her life to helping others. Her newsletter yesterday celebrated her 4 year anniversary, and I wrote and asked her for a more positive spin on the four years. I suggested maybe she write a post telling us all of the things she COULD do in those 4 years. Here is her inspiring response:

http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/2015/06/30/what-i-did-during-benzo-withdrawal/

Hope this helps someone today. It has certainly given me more hope and ideas to weather the storm...

xoxoxoSC

Hi everyone,

I have been receiving daily inspirations from a woman who went through a severe K w/d and now dedicates her life to helping others. Her newsletter yesterday celebrated her 4 year anniversary, and I wrote and asked her for a more positive spin on the four years. I suggested maybe she write a post telling us all of the things she COULD do in those 4 years. Here is her inspiring response:

http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/2015/06/30/what-i-did-during-benzo-withdrawal/

Hope this helps someone today. It has certainly given me more hope and ideas to weather the storm...

xoxoxoSC

thank you for posting that link. So helpful for me to read something like that. I gives me hope and encouragement.

Lois

I rode it 60 miles yesterday, I have been riding all during my tapering.  It's the one thing I can do that takes my mind off tapering issues. 

It's like the old saying " you will never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office" it's like therapy for me.  :thumbsup:

Ninj, there has been a Harley outside mine before 8)  :thumbsup:

CD - You're a good man my friend  :thumbsup:

Rubber side down & sunny side up brotha!

Ninj  :thumbsup:

I love it!  You two guys are great!

:smitten:

Lois

[df...]

Hey Ninge,

My fiancie rides a lot too. She always complaims about groin pain and numbness. Does that ever happen to you?

Sunny Side UP :thumbsup: