Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The POSITIVE withdrawal thread.

[os...]

[f4...]

I rode it 60 miles yesterday, I have been riding all during my tapering.  It's the one thing I can do that takes my mind off tapering issues. 

It's like the old saying " you will never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrists office" it's like therapy for me.  :thumbsup:

Ninj, there has been a Harley outside mine before 8)  :thumbsup:

CD - You're a good man my friend  :thumbsup:

Rubber side down & sunny side up brotha!

Ninj  :thumbsup:

ninge,

My fiancee rides a lot too and complains about groin rash, numbness and pain. Does that ever happen to you?

Sunny Side UP :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

Got out on the Boat for the day yesterday was cool watching the Crows Chase the Eagles lol! All have a great day and Mouse yes groin pain can be from riding i get it sometimes. Ninj, i will be trying to get the rest of the season out of my tires my Bike eats tires  :D ~CD

Hi everyone,

I have been receiving daily inspirations from a woman who went through a severe K w/d and now dedicates her life to helping others. Her newsletter yesterday celebrated her 4 year anniversary, and I wrote and asked her for a more positive spin on the four years. I suggested maybe she write a post telling us all of the things she COULD do in those 4 years. Here is her inspiring response:

http://benzowithdrawalhelp.com/2015/06/30/what-i-did-during-benzo-withdrawal/

Hope this helps someone today. It has certainly given me more hope and ideas to weather the storm...

xoxoxoSC

What a great link!

I'll add to that. I just walked 1.5 miles on major hills. It felt great.

I was weight training until I hit a bump with another med that triggered some strong w/d.

I started cooking more. I've gone for some nice rides in my car for about an hour drive.

I lost some weight by choice rather than because of benzo w/d.

I started meditating again.

I've learned to not make mountains or at least try to avoid making mountains.

I focused on love more than anger or fear.

I'm feeling pretty great right now and very grateful for it. :)

Got out on the Boat for the day yesterday was cool watching the Crows Chase the Eagles lol! All have a great day and Mouse yes groin pain can be from riding i get it sometimes. Ninj, i will be trying to get the rest of the season out of my tires my Bike eats tires  :D ~CD

CD -  I just put some new tires on my Ninja 1000, I am trying some Dunlop Q3's this time & loving them.  They stick hard in the corners & inspire alot of confidence  :thumbsup:

One of my sons friends came over & looked at the rear tire & sid Whoah! looks like you were leaning sideways on some corners, getting rid of the chicken strips  :laugh:

Have a great day my friend!

Ninj  :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
[00...]

Dear all,

I have been looking for a thread like this. For me my insomnia has got better and better. I no longer wake up in the middle of the night. I have herbs which helps..such as linden flower and valeriana. I like fish and have been taking omega 3 fish oil. I think most people like to be heard which is why we always accentuate the negatives. I like to laugh a lot and have been regaining my sense of humour..which is a quality which helps us get through difficult patches in life..laughing at things which are too silly to be taken seriously..but still crying because crying helps me get in touch with my feelings...crying to myself..not such a bad thing..expressing emotions...crying..laughing..are what makes us human..fear also is natural..and feeling fear is not a bad thing either despite being told don't be afraid of anything...fear is our response..sometimes our gut instinct telling us or warning us not to do the wrong thing..just my little evaluation..also anger is a negative emotion..and we tend to be angry especially with those we love...family..friends..partners..etc..when we are in withdrawal and hurt those we love the most....

Kiki2015

Great idea for a thread , we need this lol . So much suffering its good to read some positives! Well after 3.5 months im not so bedridden anymore and having mini 15 minute windows in the morning and and hour at night . I think im healing  :)

Good positive thread  :thumbsup:

Overall feeling and insomnia are getting better.  Some short windows or anxiety or sleeplessness but they are getting further and farther between.

It is nice feeling like my old self again.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone-

Still a see saw for me but windows are such a greay thing. Driving doing shopping having dinner and doing things I normally would feel so damn great. I went to buy some winter clothes and it fel amazing to be out laugh and shop without needing any damn pill!

Man. I cant beleive I can do stuff like this without being anxious. Wow, we really CAN do this..

Hi! What a good thread! Kiki, Lockie, Murph and Leo, I am happy to hear you all healing. I do not think I have felt this good in the last 5 years...at least!

The last 2 weeks have been the best  :)

Thanks Clona ,

Ended up having a nice weeklong window which i am very grateful for :) unfortunately back in a wave now but it was nice having a glimpse of the future !

Today, I am feeling a good 90% healed! I am so thankful!  :smitten:

What a ride, what a ride, it has been thus far!

I am hoping to be writing my success story very soon!  :smitten:

I wish us all comfort and complete healing very soon! :hug:

Blessed, I will be reading your success story soon, I do not think I will write mine soon, I am a very long time user  :-X, but I will be quite content if I keep on feeling like this.

All of you, have a very positive day!  :thumbsup:

Hi new to thread

I am almost done! I need to hear positives.

I need to hear these posts! I am afraid of jumping. Stayed on .06 for month and now .03 (i have to shave off a qtr piece of wafer)!

Having stress w moving to FL in 2 weeks for the winter at the same time,

remeron 15mg to help stay asleep. coincidentally? I woke early last 4 days.

Is it bad timing to quit in a week or so?  I am nervous about FL maybe cause last 2 times I was in a bad place in my head and terrible insomnia

I want to shave it down to crumbs and head south benzo free

I dont know how long it will still be in the body

• 2 months later...
Started my taper 7 weeks ago. Got through Christmas. After having my psychiatrist hammer me over the head every week about the importance of exercising I bought winter riding gear yesterday. Rode my horse for 45 minutes today in 6 degree weather. Can't believe I did it. Especially since I had only gotten three hours of solo the night before. It was great. Actually belly laughed with trainer while I had her video my ride stating the date, temperature and the fact I was doing this on barely any sleep. Sent it to my shrink!  Lol

What a fabulous thread.  I just found it and thought, "Wow, this is so right up my alley."  :thumbsup:

Let me share a thought with you.  What if you viewed your sxs not as a negative, horrible and awful thing but instead thought of it as what it truly is...your body returning to homeostasis?  Every twinge, emotion, quiver, shaking etc. is actually your brain and body recovering and taking back its desire to be free of what doesn't belong in its system?  What if you looked at every struggle with tapering as progress instead of fearful potential failure?

I'm finding mindfulness meditation to be a pure blessing because it allows me to witness the sxs without becoming attached to them, without building a story behind what I notice and instead just breathing my way through what has a beginning and will most definitely have an end, and an end much quicker if I can learn not to attach to what I witness.

So, I'm 3 days post my most recent cut and I'm not having any symptoms at all.  At times anxiety might spike but I know it is only temporary and when I focus on breathing the sxs go away.  If I treat myself kindly (take a day off if things get too hectic at work) and do what I love to do to keep myself distracted for a few days after a cut, I find life becomes much easier and this process much more joyful to go through.  Yes, I did say joyful.  Every twinge I feel I remind myself that I'm happy to feel it because that means my body has the ability to recover from what I've put it through with more than two years on Xanax and 3 months now on K to taper from. 

I feel good about what I'm doing even when it gets tough and I remind myself of my strength and courage to face anything without worrying about what that may be.  I stay present when the mind wants to borrow trouble.  It's wonderful!

I hope you all are doing really well.  Sending you blessings of love, healing, hope, courage and strength.

Everhopeful

• 2 weeks later...

Made another cut today! Down from 4 mg clonazepam to 3.25. Took 7 weeks to get this far. My doctor gave me a sample of remeron 15 mg tabs and told me to take 1/4 of a pill to see if it helped with my sleep and appetite. Took the smallest piece and not only did I sleep all night, my appetite is a lot better. I am only going to take when absolutely necessary and Change it up with bendryl. Feel like a different person today.

What a fabulous thread.  I just found it and thought, "Wow, this is so right up my alley."  :thumbsup:

Let me share a thought with you.  What if you viewed your sxs not as a negative, horrible and awful thing but instead thought of it as what it truly is...your body returning to homeostasis?  Every twinge, emotion, quiver, shaking etc. is actually your brain and body recovering and taking back its desire to be free of what doesn't belong in its system?  What if you looked at every struggle with tapering as progress instead of fearful potential failure?

I'm finding mindfulness meditation to be a pure blessing because it allows me to witness the sxs without becoming attached to them, without building a story behind what I notice and instead just breathing my way through what has a beginning and will most definitely have an end, and an end much quicker if I can learn not to attach to what I witness.

So, I'm 3 days post my most recent cut and I'm not having any symptoms at all.  At times anxiety might spike but I know it is only temporary and when I focus on breathing the sxs go away.  If I treat myself kindly (take a day off if things get too hectic at work) and do what I love to do to keep myself distracted for a few days after a cut, I find life becomes much easier and this process much more joyful to go through.  Yes, I did say joyful.  Every twinge I feel I remind myself that I'm happy to feel it because that means my body has the ability to recover from what I've put it through with more than two years on Xanax and 3 months now on K to taper from. 

I feel good about what I'm doing even when it gets tough and I remind myself of my strength and courage to face anything without worrying about what that may be.  I stay present when the mind wants to borrow trouble.  It's wonderful!

I hope you all are doing really well.  Sending you blessings of love, healing, hope, courage and strength.

Everhopeful

Thank you Everhopeful, your hope is inspiring. I hope I can learn to see side effects this way, especially the emotional ones. I NEED to learn to see them this way, positively. I appreciate your words

Oscar thank you for starting this thread, I'm so glad I found it! I really need to be reading positive withdrawl stories right now. Appreciate it  :thumbsup:

Just found this awesome thread. After a day of having more difficulty thinking yesterday today my thinking has improved. Even with only microsleep. And I was able to exercise. Yay!

Thank you Everhopeful. You are an inspiration. Distraction and being positive are the ways to go. My motto is get up, get dressed and get out the door. Sitting in the house focusing on negative looping thoughts and focusing on every single symptoms is not how I am going to deal with this.  :smitten:

Everhopeful

Thank you Everhopeful, your hope is inspiring. I hope I can learn to see side effects this way, especially the emotional ones. I NEED to learn to see them this way, positively. I appreciate your words

My absolute pleasure.  I just reduce to .875 today and am a little more anxious today but you know what? It isn't that bad.  It isn't that bad because I know the true cause.  Understanding and getting knowledgeable helps a lot and this is a great place for that.  Keeping the fearful thoughts at bay with positive ones is a challenge but it can be done.  I've done it from 4 mgs all the way down to .875 and I'm still kicking.  I have symptoms, I don't feel super awesome but I still feel awesome. :)  LOL  I'm just happy to be on the way - way down, if you know what I mean.  Xanax made life easy.  Well, life just isn't supposed to be easy, it is supposed to be work and it's okay to get anxious, scared or upset about things.  That's how we learn about life and ourselves, I think.  When it all gets too tough, I have my beloved counselor who I so look forward to seeing once a month.  She helps me keep things in perspective.  I allow tearful days with a smile.  I allow uncomfortable days with a nice walk.  I allow anxious days with some yoga or meditation to cope.  I allow myself to say no, I don't want to participate in your drama, thank you very much and I allow myself to be just as I am.  My poor brain is healing and I am so, so grateful that it is.  I'm so happy feeling anxiety because it means I'm alive and I've made it this far!  I'm happy when the GI symptoms strike and secretly wish they'll help me lose some of this benzo weight that I've gained.  Do you see how I take the negative and find some way to make it positive?  I've done this my whole life and wish I hadn't forgotten this ability a couple years ago when I went on overload and went for the bandaid instead of taking care of the real problem for me.  I've done that now and life is soooooo good.  I'm glad to be alive and so glad to be here typing out this little crazy message to you. :)  Everyone will find their way and you will too.  I just know it.  You wouldn't be on this thread if you didn't have it in you. This, I know. :)

I wish you loads of smiles and tons of courage. :)

Ever...

I am so glad I found this thread.  I feel so bad for everyone having a hard time withdrawing from their meds.  Reading all these stories had me second guessing my thoughts of going off my Xanax.  I so wanted to but hated the thought of going through all the things I've been reading.  My SO told me to stop reading and looking up things, he said it was making me crazy.  I love your outlook EverHopeful even through I've never really been the type of person that looked on the positive sides of things.  Trying to change that about myself.

I just started tapering off and saw my doctor yesterday.  He supports my decision and said that tapering off is the best way to do this.  I had a great day yesterday, no anxiety and I would love to think things will stay this way until my next cut next Monday.  I'm not crazy and realize that I may hit a wave before then.  I hope not...but who knows.

Thank you to the one that started this thread!!  :thumbsup: