The POSITIVE withdrawal thread.

[os...]

I am having tons of tolerance withdrawal symptoms so I think (let me know if you agree) that the best plan of action is to stabilize by taking my .50 mg each day and each night and then begin my taper say next week.

Sounds good!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

trying to be positive daily :D

I had terrible morning anxiety - went to work and was productive despite

Had panic this evening ... used grounding and eft tapping and got through .... :smitten:

Torb,

I agree, it was not real peace of mind, just drug induced calm so not a big loss. A day at a time and positive thinking will get us through this.

You too Kael :thumbsup: With BB's we will get through the fears and knowledge that pain is part of healing is such a great gift when I am struggling. :smitten: I love Parkers post on what happens in the brain and read it all the time.

Positive daily here I go … even though lights bothered me a lot today … and was spacey a lot I had ..

decent morning

windows of clarity throughout the day

got in some retail therapy  ;D

worked out hard! ;D

Mornings are still bad BUT by mid-day I feel a bit better. That is a gift in and of itself!

It's something to look forward to.

I play The Clock Game...I pick a period of time I will make it to, whether it is 12 minutes, 42 minutes, 90 minutes, and then work on distracting myself like crazy until i check the clock. I often find it's after the target time by the time I remember to check back!

SeriouslyDone,

That is a good idea, I like it and I also like your quote. I did not know I was actually healing during the taper, I thought that came when I was down much lower. I am doing well on my taper, been sick a few times but could function for almost all of the time. I feel so much better knowing I am healing now too.  :thumbsup:

I feel better off AD's and pain killers and with this benzo taper but thought it would be healing on the way but mainly when I am off the medication.

M x

Fear of showering - GONE

Early morning waking - GONE

Panic while driving - GONE

Hair loss - STOPPED

Hot flashes/sweating - REDUCED

Shaking/tremors - REDUCED

Morning dread/terror - REDUCED

Weight loss - STOPPED

Sensitivities - REDUCED

Brain fog - REDUCED

DP/DR - slightly REDUCED

16 months psyche drug free

I like this thread  :smitten:

I was able to have lunch out with my husband and grand daugher yesterday and enjoyed it.  Also today I took a drive to look at a building project with my husband and enjoyed that too.  A couple of weeks ago I could harly leave the house. 5 night of my last cut tonight may get slammed tomorrow but have enjoyed having the last two OK days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is this group just for those tapering?  Or can people done with the taper but still in withdrawal participate?  I'd like to join.  :)  A positive is that I got sleep last week.  I slept between 4-7 hours for 5 days straight.  That has not happened for me in months.  I also participated in family Thanksgiving, went to a holiday community festival, and did some holiday shopping at a mall.  I have not done anything like that since the end of my Klonopin taper in August.  I am grateful and thankful for a positive post like this one! :)  Thank you!

Is this group just for those tapering?  Or can people done with the taper but still in withdrawal participate?  I'd like to join.  :)  A positive is that I got sleep last week.  I slept between 4-7 hours for 5 days straight.  That has not happened for me in months.  I also participated in family Thanksgiving, went to a holiday community festival, and did some holiday shopping at a mall.  I have not done anything like that since the end of my Klonopin taper in August.  I am grateful and thankful for a positive post like this one! :)  Thank you!

Wow! You went to the mall! Got some sleep, part in a fest and a family gathering! You're rockin and rolling! You really are!

Congrats!

:smitten:

I really want to become a part of this group! Sohello!  I'm extremely scared I've been through a rough ride thus far! around 7 years of xanax use hit interdose or tolerance unknowingly after many test cat scan, mri,soinal tap, er visits you name it I committed myself for 10 days and they did a 5 day detox switching me from xanex to add ativan then nothing. after that 11 days in hell went to my doctorand reinstated on klonopin. I then found this forum and realized I should've been reinstated on valium because I was still having introduce with klonopin and was still dealing with severe depression. I'm on lexipro right now and I am currently and successfully crossing to the valium. during this journey I've had tolerance eveb on klonopin....I really hope valium helps me out and gets me ready for a smooth taper.....

I really hope it's possible to have hey positive taper after hitting tolerance!

• 3 weeks later...