[os...]

Love this thread....

Thanks Oscar........

At almost 9 month.... 👏

Sxs less noticeable ~~~♡

Fear Factor

Anxiety and depression

Anger

Gone are the intrusive thoughts,  staying in bed,  cognitive issues

crying jags, agoraphobia, the list of things unique to my Xanax wd.

Want everyone to know it does get better and better with time.

One thing I practice is NOT focusing on what is,  but what is

BETTER.

Peace

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

This is a great thread idea! The main positive aspect of my current situation is that I haven't taken a sick day at work in over a month!! I believe that alone speaks volumes on how I'm starting to heal!  ;D:thumbsup:

I think this is a good idea....we all know it's hell but we have to try to be positive.

At 5 months out I have had some really good days; I no longer have nightmares or night time panic....

Still anxiety but the horror of it has subsided a bit. ::)

Love this thread....

Thanks Oscar........

At almost 9 month.... 👏

Sxs less noticeable ~~~♡

Fear Factor

Anxiety and depression

Anger

BETTER.

Peace

NFM,

So good to hear from you :) How are you doing? Has the fear/anxiety subsided for you? Congratulations on being nine months free!! So happy to hear from you :)

Mrs. :smitten:

I think this is a good idea....we all know it's hell but we have to try to be positive.

At 5 months out I have had some really good days; I no longer have nightmares or night time panic....

Still anxiety but the horror of it has subsided a bit. ::)

Tomorrow makes 5 months for me...praying I turn a corner in this 5th month. This was encouraging  :smitten:

This is a great thread idea! The main positive aspect of my current situation is that I haven't taken a sick day at work in over a month!! I believe that alone speaks volumes on how I'm starting to heal!  ;D:thumbsup:

:highfive:

You are courageous in your tapering.... Not taking a sick day off in a month, my hats off to you Courtney. :thumbsup:

Your going to get better and better......

Warm Regards,

NFM :angel:

Loving Mother, Minnie, Whoot, coop and the rest of the Postive WT,

You are an inspiration to each person whom reads and post's.

There is a positive message in Benzo Withdrawal, sometimes its BIG and sometimes its not.

What is amazing is being able to recognize each little thing that improves, hold on and up you go :smitten:

Healing vibes to all,

NOT :angel:

Love this thread....

Thanks Oscar........

At almost 9 month.... 👏

Sxs less noticeable ~~~♡

Fear Factor

Anxiety and depression

Anger

BETTER.

Peace

NFM,

So good to hear from you :) How are you doing? Has the fear/anxiety subsided for you? Congratulations on being nine months free!! So happy to hear from you :)

Mrs. :smitten:

Hi MRS    :smitten: :smitten:

Good to hear from you too. Yes the FEAR/ANXIETY has gone by by....... One day I woke up and it was gone.

Its going to be 10 month, I made a oops..... I have been so busy with life, plum forgot to add 1 month. HELLO

Guess I have a ways to go in the memory department, but its all doable and good.

One thing I can say, the more you live your life, keep doing the things you have always done, keeps the brain

active. I know... easier said than done. Healing will come to you.

Mrs..... a big  :hug:  and a :highfive: for you!!!!!!!!

Love

NFM :angel:

Okay....I signed up for a computer class....I would not have even considered that 1 mo. ago..... :yippee:......we are all doing more and more normal life activities.....people that were having such a hard time just a few mos. back are making great progress....like LM says "Lets keep It Goin" :thumbsup:

I started an art class last week and while I was sweating through it literally, I enjoyed it so much and came home, continued to finish my work, it was a thrill and exhausting at the same time. I cannot wait for this Thursday's class. It is commitment to something I feel I can fulfill right now.

I have no burning sensation since the last cut.

No ear ache or tinnitus after last cut.

Less headaches since taking Magnesium daily and resting more

I feel less anxious, less fearful, more confident and sure of myself than I ever felt (most of the time). This is the best feeling ever!!!!

Learning to accept whatever I wake up with and go with the body and let the mind follow.

Learning to lose the need to control because there is no control on this journey.

Got a new laptop, my old one died and I almost died with it - I need contact with BB :smitten

Feeling grateful that I can still sleep without help.

Grateful to be able to do this journey, it is bad but I can handle it.

Staying positive helps, I count the blessings all of the time as well as the misery but blessings first. :)

Love the information here, it helps so much, I am not alone.

Thank you everyone for sharing your lives, it is the only way we can look forward to the next stage as we continue to cut or for those who are benzo free, your new steps into a better life. :smitten: :smitten:

Moya x

Just a month 11 update...

...At the beginning of month 11....( Dec 3 was my jump date)

....This is my third day of a wide open 100% ' effortless mind ' window. Well this day is young yet but the last 2 days have been so wonderful.  NO s/x.  actually happy and feeling pleasure in everyday life. ln months 4-9 I have had persistent head pressure and morning headaches and brain buzzing. The head pressure triggered my anxiety in every possible way for 4 months. ...The other day in the middle if the day after a tough morning I. suddenly realized it was just gone. Excepting for a moderate headache in the morning that responds nicely to 500 mg of excedrin and disappears as soon as I get up it ALL has remained gone.

...I know that this is just a reprieve and a resting place in the process but it has given me a wonderful preview into what my life will return to by this time next year. I am 65 so I think it will.  .. take me all of 2 years as the Canadian physician suggests to  completely heal.  I have seen a great deal of healing in months ..8-10 although my last wave ( month 9...all if month 9.  sigh), was long and brutal with killer head s/x...however that was my only s/x...and the anxiety and health fears it triggered. As my window opened and the head pressure lifted my anxiety and health fears disappeared ( a few momentary fleeting intrusive health fears that I was easily able to stop)

. .

* months 6-9....* I have had persistent head pressure from months 6-9...not months 4-9 .....

.....I am so grateful and encouraged by these last few days. I have had some nice sunbreaks and windows along the way but most have not lasted more than 24 hours. The first one that lasted 2 days was just at the beginning of month 9 . right before the wave from hell.

.....Wishing all of you sunbreaks and healing days...coop

I am just beginning to get my head around my taper and love reading this thread. I don't know how I will even get off it I keep with the gloom and doom stories! I am most scared with how a) how will I sleep and b) what will calm me down. You all give me hope

I am just beginning to get my head around my taper and love reading this thread. I don't know how I will even get off it I keep with the gloom and doom stories! I am most scared with how a) how will I sleep and b) what will calm me down. You all give me hope

sleep will come with time.  Calming down is more difficult.  You'll learn how to calm your own self down, without substance (whether that be benzos, herbal tea, or even healthy companionship from a friend or therapist).  In the meantime, you have to learn how to live with the intensity.

I miss being calm the most of all things, but when I really look at it objectively, I also realize that my definition of calm was not true peace,  but rather a numbing of my mental abilities, senses, and emotions, which have rendered the past years of my life as an umemorable blur.  In lieu of that, being un-calm is a strange blessing.

I'm feeling better and better as I get lower in dose. I'm still quite symptomatic but am overall in much better shape.

My mood is not as dark, the terror/fear is now more of a low level undercurrent of anxiety, I'm out and about on a daily basis, I have hope for the future.

I noticed this shift once I got below .60mg - I'm not naive enough to think I will just slide right on down to zero with no issues but I'm healing for sure.

I'm not sure if this has to do with lowering the dose or because my coping skills have improved dramatically. I know this is "just w/d" so I take it for what it is. Withdrawal is likely to kill me so I try not to let it bother me too much. I rest when I need to and push myself to do/try more very week.

We are all going to make it  :thumbsup:

Kiddo1977 I am inspired ... you are getting there. I have to stabilize as I have been all over the map and then begin my taper. I just keep saying to myself I can NOT believe that I am addicted to a drug that was prescribed to me and that I literally never once abused. HOW is that fair or right.

Whether or not one abused their medication, for fun or whatever, is incosequential.  You're chemically addicted.  Fairness has nothing to do with it here.  Believe it, because you're living it.

Torbjorn

I know your right ... I just guess I am getting my head around it. Its kinda crazy ... I am dependant on it and this dose I am on I am in tolerance withdrawal. You are right.

Positive ... I finally know what all my weird symptoms are

Positive ... today I was anxious, out of it a bit and tense but I worked my work day and cared for my kids.

WIN

Those are some great positives, Kaelkiera  :)  Keep at it one day at a time; you'll get there.  Do you have a plan of action for tapering?  Let me know if I can ever help out.

I am having tons of tolerance withdrawal symptoms so I think (let me know if you agree) that the best plan of action is to stabilize by taking my .50 mg each day and each night and then begin my taper say next week.

• Popular Now