The POSITIVE withdrawal thread.

[os...]

Because of this experience I learned to eat much healthier and cleaner (mostly organic) started juicing. I also learned to research natural remedies and supplements rather then turn to meds. Another good thing that came out of this I became very skeptical of the doctor's and started researching everything myself. I feel like I went to school to study many health issues. I diagnosed my tumor on my parathyroid gland that docs did not diagnose for two years (that's why I was given Benzos). Had it removed, have the picture as a proof.

Went down from being reinstated in the ER to 15 mg V (because of fast withdrawal) to 3.25mg V. I am so much closer to freedom!!!!

I also feel that I am partially healed because I end up in the ER at 7.5mg V but now at 3.25 I am in my own bed.

Everything considered things can always be worse.

Thanks Oscar for starting this thread, even if there is another one. We need as many as we can get!!!!

D21

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

I found great TV shows to overdose on Netflix and Amazon, watched many good movies!!! Who knew?!! You can always find something good if you look for it.

D21

I have learned : ....I am much stonger than I thought....To take responsibility for my own health medical information/research and decisions....the power of intentional living...patience ( so much patience)....how to endure...how to live in hope while suffering...compassion for others suffering....the power of will...the power of needing a meaningful life ( one beyond surviving)...the determination. to live fully while being afraid every minute....to appreciate the smallest moments of peace and comfort...to make each day count as much as possible ...to do something ( no matter how small) for someone else each day.. I think the most important thing I learned is how poweerful hope and compassion are. Both are so evident on BB...people holding on through suffering ..holding each other up through suffering ...hoping not only for ourselves but each other better days and days of healing....

......To everyone on this journey...thank you for your support...I hope I have lightened the burden along the way as well. ...Our worst days are behind us.. our best days right in front of us. ....Wishing you all healing in the New Year...cooperten

I read a great success story...shared by Cupcake, but the story was Paul 's...I am looking for it to share on this thread..very inspirational ...long long recovery and ultimate 100% healing...will continue to try to relocate it and post. ..

.......thinking of all of you on this thread...stay strong and positive...one day at a time...sending sunbreaks.  cooperten. 

Hey y'all...

I went underground after my last cut on Dec.2. I held my own for about 12 days and got nailed again. Keeping with this positive thread I have started a new taper. Micro taper. I am hoping this will be my huckleberry. My ticket home. I did not expect it to be so difficult at this point but I will say that with A LOT of help I am smiling again. We have to be grateful for the good days. I did go to a new year's dinner party and stayed up until 2 am. :o I cannot remember the last time I pushed it like that. I felt a bit off the next day but I did it!

I am FEELING POSITIVE!!!!

Colorado smiling  :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

What a wonderful thread! I've read the last few pages, and would love to join in with your conversations, if you'd have me?

A small victory for me: I am ten days into a hold. Ten days ago I was in a bad place. I am doing a water micro taper, and pushed my last few cuts a bit, which landed me in a more symptomatic place than where I've been in a long time. But I knew what to do this time :) Here I am now, ten days later, and feeling MUCH better. Not quite to my previous baseline yet, but gaining ground every minute, hour, day. Thank God!

I've been tapering for 14 months starting in January. I'm now 76% free from my benzo. And outside experiencing the difficulty I did ten days ago, I've done nothing but progress and heal during my entire taper. I've had just about every symptom, and I started my taper barely stabilized and very sick from tolerance. Starting, I was nautious 24/7 to the point of barely eating 1200 calories per day; I barely made it through my 8-hour work shift and would come home and go straight to bed; I couldn't travel or be in places with lots going on (movies, stores, etc); you all know the drill. All those things had been restored throughout my taper :) I have worked full and part-time during my entire taper as well, so it is doable. VERY trying at times, but doable when you take things one day at a time :)

That's it for now, I suppose: beddy-bye time for Mrs :) Its nice to meet y'all, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!!

I am 7.5 weeks out. I had. a few bad days in the first month,  but also many sunbreaks and some windows that lasted 1-2 days. The first week of month 2 was ..I wont lie...was difficult ( I felt in that week that I was back in mid-taper. BUT..the good news is that after a tough week I am feeling 75%better. ... I still wake up with mild depression that fades within one hour of being up. The crying is about 80% better. The intrusive thoughts are only ting but I do still get them I would say the intrusive thoughts are about 65% better. Nausea is gone...motion sensation also about 65% better. Hypochondria is the one s/x that seems persistantbut even the hypochondria lets up for the most part during the second half of the day.

....I know this could all vanish tomorrow and I could be in a wave, but my resonance for posting is that I want to share that some healing can happen along the way. If we take one day at a time.  look forward. and stay strong we will get there. coop

Hey coop:

I am glad you are feeling better!!!! I guess we crawl before we walk. I hope you keep on feeling better and better.

Big hug from Colorado :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

So, now the new year is in full swing, any more positive posts out there?

Yay to making it through my daughter's wedding and enjoying it, too!! Was SO thankful for this! Had a peaceful and quiet Christmas w son & hus.

Starting to walk a mile several times a week. Does anyone else find help w some exercise?

So, now the new year is in full swing, any more positive posts out there?

Yay to making it through my daughter's wedding and enjoying it, too!! Was SO thankful for this! Had a peaceful and quiet Christmas w son & hus.

Starting to walk a mile several times a week. Does anyone else find help w some exercise?

Dont want to get too ahead of myself here, but at nearly 1 month out I am definitely making progress on all fronts. As I did during my taper, I am continuing to exercise post-jump. I tend to overdo the exercise which makes my sxs flare, but I am an exercise junkie and really enjoy it. On Sunday I spent half a day mountain biking singletrack, white knuckling some very speedy descents.  :D

Mountain biking sounds awesome right now Laserjet ! There's 2 feet of snow on the ground where I live, so that isn't going to happen for awhile yet. I did about a 60 mile snowmobile ride a few days ago that was thoroughly tiring though. Exercise definitely helps us recover ! 

this deep into our severe drought, I'd trade all of my MTB rides for your 2 feet of snow. Snowmobiling sounds like a lot of fun, on TV I've seen some pretty crazy snowmobile jumping, outrageous air. My snow ventures are limited to skis, snowboard, and snowshoe, but not in this snow-free drought >:(:(>:(:(>:(:(

It sounds like you are in the southwestern US, maybe Cali? I have heard that it has been bad there. We are like 35" above our average snowfall and could use a break. Crazy cold too. I hope you get some snow or rain and continue to heal !

I am feeling so good now! I thought I was doing well before, but in the last few weeks I've become much  more productive. I've stopped wanting to sit around all the time and started getting engaged in various tasks I set myself. I'm finally beginning to feel like I might be able to apply myself more fully to looking for work, and I've scoped out some opportunities. I have a lightness inside me, feel optimistic and engaged, and I am ready to face the world again. I hope it continues this way!

That's great Notgleeful ! This crap makes us so sick for so long that it is hard to tell how sick we still are sometimes. I am feeling way better than I was , but I am still setting around too much and that isn't like me at all, so I know that I am still not back to where I need to be. Getting much better though !!!

Laserjet- good for you getting all that exercise! I probably relate more to ama, having sat around for so long. My mile walk is probably pretty puny compared to all the mountain biking, but is a huge victory after being disabled for years. Had to skip it today because of the snow and cold.

Notgleeful- I've had some moments like that and look forward to more. It sound awesome.

Thanks for sharing the good parts, all you peoples

Now it doesnt take me 2 hrs to cum. Lately ive been able to finish in like 30 minutes the lower dosage i go in valium.  :laugh:

Honey, i demand you reinstate.  :tickedoff::-*

:laugh:

Lol Thanks for making me laugh!!!! :thumbsup:

• This is the thread that I need to be a part of! I joined BB a few weeks ago and, though I used this site as a non-member for the whole of my taper and 6 months of recovery, it seems like I have been on it so much more since I've become a member and I wonder how much of the challenges and fears that I read about I am absorbing and taking on.  I wonder how much of this is making this 17-day wave worse? 

SO, on this thought, I will be staying AWAY from the main boards and only looking at the positives for a while. Let's see if this will help snap me out of this wave!  :)

My positives?  I have many! 
    • I have been able to keep my life (job as a teacher, mom of 2, wife, ect) going throughout this process
    • I have lost 30 pounds from eating healthy, walking, and cutting out sugar
    • Even though I am in a darker place right now, I can still see my healing.
    • My sleep has gotten significantly better than it was about 3-4 months out.  It's not great, but I can fall back asleep after waking up at 3:00 or 4:00.  For many nights there, I lay awake in a state of anxiety.

Let's keep this thread active.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs it!  :thumbsup:

Hi HealingHope!

I'm a teacher too!  I was so encouraged to see another teacher here.  And I began tapering at .5 also, after eliminating Ambien a year ago.  Then I took on the klonopin and cut it down to .18 now. Really struggling with middle of the night stay-awake-anxiety since Spring 2013. I'm missing school this morning due to a racing heart in the night.  I've not got very many days left that I can do this.  I've been going to work on 3 and 4 hours of sleep most of the fall semester with a few nights of 5 and 6 hours that have made it possible to keep going. I've been sick more this year than ever.

I need this positive thread also.  I haven't looked at BB for a few months because I'm so sick of molding my life around this drug withdrawl problem. I ended up refilling my Ambien thinking--very wrongly--that it might help.

I also started on a healthier diet a year ago.  Fell off the wagon this summer & at Christmas, but am getting back at it again.  I think a healthy diet can help soooo much. 

I'm going to look into hypnosis and and Human Resources this morning to see if I can get some relief somehow.

So glad I saw your post! :)

SADIE M.