The POSITIVE withdrawal thread.

[os...]

Hi SadieM!

It's great to hear from you!! Let's do this thing together....the POSITIVE way! I had a slightly better night last night.  Slept from 10-2, fell back asleep (which I used to not be able to do), woke up at 3, 4, and 5.  I consider dozing in between wake ups a positive step on my tough days.  This past weekend was a couple of the hardest days I have had yet. 

I agree about eating healthy.  SO important!  I also realize how critical it is to be getting my walks in.  I haven't been as consistent as I should be the past 2 weeks.....hmmmm, coincidence that I've been struggling so much during the same time frame?  The other thing that I had changed in the past couple of weeks  was taking my magnesium supplements.  Gotten lazy about taking them.  I wonder if that made a difference, because I had good results when I started taking them.

Anyway, it's time for me to get back to basics.  This week I will:

*Get up in the morning before work and walk my 2.5 mile loop (just finished today's! :thumbsup:)

*Start taking the magnesium and Vitamin C

*Practice yoga breathing

*Eat healthy

I'm hoping by being proactive again I can help myself through this wave.

Hoping you have a good day today! GREAT job on getting K down to .18.  How are you cutting?  I did a daily titration, cutting .01 or .02 per day. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

Hello Positive People-

I read my Febr. 3 post just now & realized how very near hopeless I was.  I began going to a hypnotist and have been to 2 sessions now.  I also stopped taking fish oil supplements after reading how they can cause increased anxiety.  I didn't miss one day of work last week and was at work late for parent meetings 2 of the 5 days.  I am sleeping much better. No awake from 1:00 or 2:00 on.  Every night I listen to the CD's the hypnosis guy gave me.  I think my body forgot how to relax! After the first hypnosis session I realized I hadn't felt like that for a very long time.  I've been practicing every evening with the CD and absolutely crave the relaxation. 

I slept nearly 8 hours last night which was very rare for me over the last year.  I really think the fish oil I was taking was just too stimulating for me.  I was trying so hard to be healthy & didn't realize a benzo compromised body can't be stimulated by caffeine or certain herbs and vitamins.

I feel so encouraged! :D I've started jumping on a rebounder and love it.  I love having some energy to make it through the day with the great students I have this year. 

Hope you're all doing well.

SADIE

So glad to hear, Sadie! So interesting about the hypnosis, I look forward to hearing more as you progress. 

I am feeling really positive, too....despite going through the usual upswing in anxiety that I tend to get along with my PMS every month.  I pulled out of my horrible wave that I was in for 3 weeks, and have had a really good past 2 weeks.  I have been walking every morning, which helps tremendously! 

The positives I have noticed:  my baseline seems to be higher, I'm sleeping much better on the whole, I have more energy at the end of the day (like to even cook dinner for my family, and CLEAN afterwards!!). These make me very excited and hopeful for the future!

Someone said something to me today about going out sometime to shoot some pool and have a couple of beers. 

And instead of making some excuse I actually thought it sounded like fun.    ;D

It may not sound like much but for me its a big deal!

:smitten:

China

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate this thread :) Thank you all for the focus on positive, and for the encouragement :)

With much love & support,

Mrs. :smitten:

My positive for today: Was very anxious this morning and it lasted until about noon, but then quickly flipped off and I have been feeling good since! The symptoms can go away as suddenly as they appear. I suppose that if they can do that in the short term, then it can happen for the long term too. Like one day simply disappear for good! Wouldn't that be nice? 😊

• 4 weeks later...

Hey All!

I've got a positive.  I've cut my Ambien in half & it hasn't been too bad.  Missed out on some hours of sleep, but it is half gone (for the 2nd time!).  I'm feeling pretty good.  Excercise is the key for me.  That deep breathing is soooo calming.  I really enjoy the hypnosis/relaxation CD too.

I hope you're all doing well!  HealingHope- When is your Spring Break?  I loved mine last week.  It was a great time to begin to cut the Ambien.

SADIE :)

I'm relatively new to BB, my positive is that I am actually able to laugh sometimes when discussing symptoms, don't feel so alone anymore and I love the idea of this thread!

Love and Healing,

Lightbright  :smitten:

Even though I'm in a wave right now I have made many improvements:

I go out alone without the comfort of my "safe"person to appointments

I can drive short distances

I'm working again

I started a meditation course for people with anxiety (group setting)

I've started taking walks, building up distance

I have slightly more control over my anxiety and can usually stop a panic attack

I hope to continue to add things to my list soon.

-Kiddo

Even though I'm in a wave right now I have made many improvements:

I go out alone without the comfort of my "safe"person to appointments

I can drive short distances

I'm working again

I started a meditation course for people with anxiety (group setting)

I've started taking walks, building up distance

I have slightly more control over my anxiety and can usually stop a panic attack

I hope to continue to add things to my list soon.

-Kiddo

Well done Kiddo; you're gonna be 100% before you know it ;)

Hope you continue to feel better and better :)

Take care friend,

Mrs. :smitten:

Hey Lightbright, Kiddo, MrSalw & positive people!

Hope you are all well!  I wanted to say a Hello to you all before I go to bed.  I'll have more time to catch up this weekend.

Small victories are soooo satisfying!!

SADIE :)

Lots of positives at the beginning of month 5....

.....1)....sleeping better...able to go back to sleep after early wake ups

.....2)....2-4 days in a row with greatly diminished s/x

......3)....my hair is coming back..like it used to be ( took about 6-8 months)

.......4)....the peeling skin on my hands stopped

.......5).....agoraphobia ...better

........6).....** depression...better..( so so thankful for this one)

........7) ... **anxiety betted...( thought it would never end)

........8).....**intrusive morbid thoughts better ( this one dogged me every day)

........9).....lethargy lifting

.......10)....**palps better.....( this one sent me to er in month 3)

.....To everyone who is in the thick of it and not able to see through the desperation... It does get better...In my experience,  waves are followed by sunbreaks and windows. I truely believe we all heal. I know I am not healed yet, but I there is a shift in my thinking ...I know I will get there...and so will you....

............Wishing you all sunbreaks and windows and better days....coop

Hi positive people:

A shout out to Cooperten.....you are making progress, way to go! I'm so jealous and hoping you have nothing but big windows from here on out. You deserve it!  :smitten:

Lightbrite - keep laughing, it's all we've got!  :laugh:

Sadie - good job with the Ambien and sleep  :)

HealingHope - that's a great way to look at things....symptoms can disappear  as quickly as they appeared. Hard to remember when you are in a wave but it's the truth. I'm going to start thinking about my waves this way. Thank you.  :thumbsup:

Mrs - how are you my friend? Anything positive to report?

My positive for today.....I spent an entire day on the move, got lots of work stuff and errands done and only had to push through some mild anxiety and DP/DR. This last drop was tough so I will take these functional days whenever I can get them.

Lets try and keep this thread going....we all need a little positivity during this journey!

My intrusive thoughts got better when I slowed down my taper.

But I have sped it up again a bit and they are back. Well....at least it was nice for a bit.

Other than that I have some emotional "Ah-hahs" more and more. I know now what bothers me and affects me more than I ever did before. I am more able to stand up for myself, especially to Drs. And even though my physical body is going through heck right now....it is easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel! That is pretty good for today!

Smiles and happier times to everyone! :)

AkaMom....good for you! Standing up for yourself is so empowering...and standing up for your thoughts and perceptions about your own body/ health to the medical establishment is the first step forward in taking responsibility for your own health ....( I am not suggestionig not seeing the doctor when you need to...just sticking to your guns about what you feel in your own body and not being pressured into approaches that you don't feel comfortable with).

....Once I started to own my own experience thoughts and feelings about getting off ativan I suddenly felt strong enough to go the distance ...no matter what. ...Not that I didn't need support, assurance and decent information along the way ( thank you BBs).

.....Keep it going AkaMom....stay strong ...we all heal... coop

• 2 weeks later...

I looked out the window yesterday morning and for a few seconds I connected to life again... in a way that was like a true real window... I am often in a semi window but this was the real deal... OK, it only lasted a few seconds but I felt it and it was really nice.

;D

Hey Oscar,

That is great to read! I look out the window every morning and listen to the birds singing. They are coming back now that it is spring here in Michigan. I am learning to tell the different bird chirps and it is nice. Some days it is warmer so I can go outside and sit in the backyard. But still a bit cold so not always.

I hope you can get outside a bit and maybe that will cheer you up! Best wishes to you!

E :)

Thanks akka  :smitten:

I think it is a good thing noticing things like the birds singing, I have been doing that too lately.

;D

Keep healing.  :smitten:

Oscar I had a similar experience. It was a couple of months ago though but for a couple of split seconds I felt real again. It was so strange but so good.

• 1 month later...

I hope so much that everyone on the Positive Thread is doing well.  I made it through the end of the school year without getting docked too much pay, so am ready to take on the challenge of reducing my klonopin dosage a little more.  I'm exercising and trying to improve my eating habits and am meditating also.  I wish Oscar & everyone who has responded to my posts on this thread a great week ahead! You guys are the greatest!

SADIE ;D

So, obviously I am new to this thread, but I really wanted a place to record my positive progress - just so I remember how far I have come. I am glad I found this thread!

I am in my 7th week off of Ativan (after 7weeks use, including taper). This week:

Lightheadedness and that spacey feeling is much better - feel like my soul is connecting to my body again if that makes sense?

That lovely band of pain around my head that has been my constant companion for weeks is gone.

Constant hunger seems to be subsiding - I don't have to eat every hour now!

Anxiety is almost all gone

My eyes are dealing with light better and I am able to read without a lot of eye fatigue - can see without double/blurry vision

Night sweats are almost gone - sleeping from about 10-6

Very little tingling in face and arms

I am excited that my healing is progressing. I know my experience is short compared to so many of you, but it has felt like forever to me. I am ready to be healed!! We are all going to be healed!

• Popular Now