The POSITIVE withdrawal thread.

[os...]

I'm in the midst of a taper....but:

If symptoms arise I won't focus on them or wallow in the situation. I will move forward utilizing a positive mindset and courage. I choose to see this as a challenge that will bring forth attributes such as fortitude and perserverence. I will take care of my body and mind. I choose to see this as a path towards peace and freedom. If I hit a glitch I will do my utmost to minimize it and not focus on it.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [os...]

• [Sk...]

• [lk...]

• [jo...]

I just decided to start titration!  I know it will work out better than dry cutting.  I actually feel a hope now for  my withdraw.  I really hope it works out!

I just decided to start titration!  I know it will work out better than dry cutting.  I actually feel a hope now for  my withdraw.  I really hope it works out!

Provided your daily cuts are in alignment with your body's recovery, and provided you are willing to adjust your cut size at the first sign of symptoms, I have every confidence that your daily titration will work out.

Your welcome.

When I feel thankful, I appreciate it so much that I either say it out loud, (thanked my central  heating for coming on today as it's old but has served me well)

Also, I am extremely thankful for my taper which is going well.

Been to the dentist, she advised that no work needs doing and a 'toothache' that I had was down to receeding gums and sensitivity, so she recommended a sensitive toothpaste.

Glad that I do not have to make a decision on local anaesthetics.

By the time I next need dental work done, I will most likely be off the valium.

• 1 year later...

Oscar...this is a great thread....we need on going positive posts at all points of the journey. I visit the accentuate the positive board too,  but find the format is somewhat different and most posts are from those already healed or well into healing. I have only been off about a week and am really clinging to the posts that speak to the issues of how things are better ( even if only a small thing)....or. how things are bad on a given day but what is easing the struggle

....Please keep the thread going....I really love it....cooperten

I'm grateful that I'm in the second day of my first .125 cut from 1mg ativan with no major problems so far. Also that my cat Joy has faithfully been my little nurse through this and my daughter got me soup from Wawa

Joy.

Hi Joy.....good for you!....My taper was very manageable from. 125 all the way down...I am a week off and have some very nice windows ...the s/x that do revisit me are less intense and don't last as long....keep it going slowly....wishing you many good days at this new cut...cooperten

I am jumping in. 8 days after my last cut and I AM NOT SICK. Buzzing a bit but holding my own. I dreaded this cut and I am a bit bewildered that I feel ok. Could it be that I have caught a break?? Feeling very positive in the high country. ;) ;)

[41...]

wow what a great blog here, so hard to find positive stuff on here  :thumbsup:I began my taper 146 days ago which was 1 mg xanax once a day for about 4 years, and i can say that it has been rough but i have had a much easier go of it then most i read about on here.

I have been blessed with a wonderful benzo doctor. On my first visit to him before i began my taper he talked to me about how important and vital it would be to stay totally positive during this entire process of tapering !! he said I would never make it thru it or heal totally unless I was totally positive "NO MATTER WHAT I EXPERIENCE" to stay positive about it !!! He had me read 2 books before my taper began. one was "The power of positive thinking and the other "feel good". They were both great books and worth the read and so helpful to be through out this journey.

wow this has been a battle for sure. its really hard to stay positive with some of the sxs we get in w/d but I feel I have stayed positive at least 90% of the time and i'm so thankful for it. I also have a strong faith and good support from family and friends so i'm sure that all has played a  big part in this process. Also "distraction" has been my best friend. the days when i ache all over and have mental stuff i just have to find something to do to distract myself form my sxs and they go away just like that, its amazing really.

I have only "5" more cuts to make and im so excited to get off this drug and be free and start my "new" life !!! I have been doing dry cuts of .0625 every 13 to 16 days and have been able to keep this pace up so far. My sxs's are a  bit worse lately but have had a lot of things happening in my family that have caused me stress like my mom had a stroke the end of October which took a big toll on me but i have kept my pace and pushing forward. !! i just keep saying to myself . "you can do this just one more day, one more step forward" !!

Keep the faith everyone and keep positive, don;t let the sxs win. we are all winners here and will all win the battle of freedom from benzos, you just have to believe you can do it !!! You can do anything you "Believe" you can do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! blessings everyone. Deb

[41...]
coloradochick good luck with your jump m sure you will do great !!!keep the positive thoughts flowing and you will win this battle !!!! dont let any evil thoughts come in push them out and replace them with winning thoughts !!! i will be here cheering you across the finish line !!! :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap:

[41...]
Hi Joy.....good for you!....My taper was very manageable from. 125 all the way down...I am a week off and have some very nice windows ...the s/x that do revisit me are less intense and don't last as long....keep it going slowly....wishing you many good days at this new cut...cooperten

>

cooperten what a nice post and very encouraging and inspiring to us still tapering. Good to hear some have a good experience after a jump ! !!! Congrats on your jump to freedom  :clap: :clap:i wish you much success in your healing and enjoy your new life !!!  deb

[41...]
I'm grateful that I'm in the second day of my first .125 cut from 1mg ativan with no major problems so far. Also that my cat Joy has faithfully been my little nurse through this and my daughter got me soup from Wawa

Joy.

JOY good luck my friend  with your new taper you are very courageous and just remember to stay positive "no matter what" and you will do just fine !!!! stay on this blog and you will do just fine don't let the other blogs scare you or make you negative!! keep positive and you will accomplish this journey !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yippee: :yippee: :clap: :clap: :highfive: :highfive:

[41...]
I'm in the midst of a taper....but:

If symptoms arise I won't focus on them or wallow in the situation. I will move forward utilizing a positive mindset and courage. I choose to see this as a challenge that will bring forth attributes such as fortitude and perserverence. I will take care of my body and mind. I choose to see this as a path towards peace and freedom. If I hit a glitch I will do my utmost to minimize it and not focus on it.

RXFREE  this is a great post you did here !!! bravo for you !!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well I did not catch a break. At 10 days past my last cut I did get sick. I woke up this morning really nauseated and the day got longer and I got sicker. The whole stew pot of sx. HOWEVER....I am still feeling positive even though I can't feel my chin. This is the first time that I have felt so good for so long after a cut. I am going to continue to think that it will spin back in that direction. I am hoping to pull out of this by Christmas and have a good holiday. Whew...I want to be better so badly. I will get there. :'( :'(

Well I did not catch a break. At 10 days past my last cut I did get sick. I woke up this morning really nauseated and the day got longer and I got sicker. The whole stew pot of sx. HOWEVER....I am still feeling positive even though I can't feel my chin. This is the first time that I have felt so good for so long after a cut. I am going to continue to think that it will spin back in that direction. I am hoping to pull out of this by Christmas and have a good holiday. Whew...I want to be better so badly. I will get there. :'( :'(

To be able to say this (bolded) is PRICELESS!

10-11 days off....things are good!....I am 10 days out...I have only had one bad day ( depression...crying).....The most discomfort I have are very mild ..transient. s/x that I had in mid- taper....very manageable....Things are not perfect but at least 80% better..only one episode of d/r...( only lasted about 1/2 day). NO panics or even ramped anxiety....the s/x that seem to be lingering at this point are some intrusive thoughts and moments of hypochondria,  both of these s/x are very transient and nothing like I experienced at mid-taper. I realize this could be a nice honeymoon and it could all go to hell...but I just wanted to share with people that things can be better even early on....I really love this thread....wishing everyone gentle days...cooperten

No kidding laserj.....perspective is everything. The sun is shining and it is 35 degrees here. Last week was 10 below. Happy for that. Going to Breckenridge/Frisco for Christmas.

12 days out....still good ( not perfect...but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be)

......my s/x remain mild and manageable...but they seem to switch up every other day or so..one day a little depression on waking...disappears when I get up....another day no depression but temporary d/r stops by...another day no d/r but dizziness needs a little recognition....

.......The one s/x that seems to be consistantly on leave is brain fog and feeling disconnected from.......I still feel. 70-75% better than mid- taper....going out to do some Christmas shopping again...still a little nervous ( agoraphobia was huge in my taper..never ever had agoraphobia before menniers disease and ativan..I feel the ativan made the agoraphobia worse)...but I am more looking forward to shopping than I am afraid of going out...a little breathing and self talk will get me through I think.

.........wishing everyone a gentle s/x free day....coop

Great to hear you're doing so well, Coop. You give me hope that my taper and recovery will be relatively trauma free. Hope everything stays good and gets better!

Joy :smitten:

Joy...I think it is a good sign that you are stablized on mg/24 hrs. ....take as long as it takes...I like the idea of making cuts according to s/x and stabilization rather than by the calendar...So glad for you that things are stable....keep going....I 'm with you all the way....coop

Now it doesnt take me 2 hrs to cum. Lately ive been able to finish in like 30 minutes the lower dosage i go in valium.  :laugh:

Honey, i demand you reinstate.  :tickedoff::-*

:laugh:

LOL....Probably not funny, and I can see where that would be frustrating.  Did you ever consider a career change during that time ;)

FB

I am glad to find this positive thread post

Less nausea yesterday since I can remember when... that was nice.

Also, my daughter gets married this week and I have actually started to get more excited and less fearful. Yay! I want to enjoy this with her.