• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[14...]
nasuea extreme anxiety sweaty fever shaky nervous achy feelings im going insane very hot insomnia loss of appetite... etc.

Jane,

It's completely normal to have rebound anxiety and panic attacks when coming off benzodiazepines. I hope you have coping mechanisms such as breathing techniques, and other mindfulness techniques.  If what I'm telling you is something you've never heard before, check out the anxiety section of the forum.

It's very possible that these symptoms are going to continue to increase in intensity, but it's absolutely not possible to predict. You may be just fine .  Since it's important for you to be drug-free, the only way for you to reinstate and taper is with the help of a doctor.  I'm not asking you to tell me, but is there a doctor, or a caseworker that you can contact.  Is there somebody that can recognize that you may be going in acute withdrawal. Is there someone who can believe you other than BenzoBuddies. Many members bring along a copy of the Ashton manual to their doctors.  Another thing that has given me credibility is to mention that I have online support for benzodiazepines withdraw. Doctors seem to take this seriously.

It's difficult to know ahead of time what your reaction is going to be.  It's definitely a case of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  30 minutes of intense withdrawal is to be expected. If that 30 minutes changes into many hours, that's when you should start becoming concerned.  You mentioned that you went out and was able to mingle with people, if that is at all helpful, then it can get you through a difficult patch.

Hoping for the best.

Hi FG,

Hope you are well!  It's a grand mal.  They changed the terminology a few years ago for some reason.  I guess it hasn't really taken on.

The best,

Mariann

[14...]
im having trouble posting...the screen is hurting and i cant think of what to type? am i going insane?

im having trouble posting...the screen is hurting and i cant think of what to type? am i going insane?

Jane,

I used to turn the brightness on my screen waaaaaay down because the light hurt my eyes.

No, you're not going insane.  It's just withdrawal... Just?!  I know.  It's miserable, and it will pass.

Challis :mybuddy:

[14...]

Ill admit it really sucks...really bad but Ill get through it no matter what. Im taking it a day at a time and staying plugged in with you guys.

It seems like its a battle that never ends, but each day passing is a day closer to me being better. ;D And I LOVE the sound of that! Not sure where I saw this but I love the saying... nothing in life worth having comes easy, I gotta fight and fight no matter what to get what I want and need for myself.

How are you doing?

Ill admit it really sucks...really bad but Ill get through it no matter what. Im taking it a day at a time and staying plugged in with you guys.

It seems like its a battle that never ends, but each day passing is a day closer to me being better. ;D And I LOVE the sound of that! Not sure where I saw this but I love the saying... nothing in life worth having comes easy, I gotta fight and fight no matter what to get what I want and need for myself.

How are you doing?

Although, still have some physical issues, I consider myself recovered.

Nothing in life worth having comes easy is, a good saying, it's true when it comes to this process and what's waiting at the end is all worth the battle.

Keep that positive fighter attitude,

Mike

[14...]

day 10-over with...time for day 11 :)

in W/D but still managing to smile a bit. Goodnight BB! :)

[57...]

oh Jane

that blog is so old I forgot it existed.  So ive come looking for you so many new threads you have going why dont you start a blog so we can always find you.

Lizzy