WHAT TO EXPECT

[96...]

[96...]
woke up with some back pain and slight very slight burning in my face...is this all common? I need support today TY guys... :)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the slight burning in the face for about a week after I stopped clonazepam. I am 16 days out now and the burning and tingling has all but stopped. My symptoms started after 3 days off.

16 days and I can feel a significant improvement. Hang in there...all will be okay. Deep breath, big smile (even if you don't feel like smiling) and some good old fashioned positive self talk.

[96...]

This is an open blog anyone is allowed to comment here... :)

Day 6! Well rested, feeling good so far, not much to do today but thats ok, rest and food is good!!! Maybe ill go on a bike ride  :P

[96...]
have a psycological possibly issue i guess you would call it, with c/t and not taking pills anymore, or even those who have tapered...Isnt it an odd feeling to not have to pop pills all the time? I think when I get off of the phenobarb I may have that problem, I told my doctor and he said I need to see a pyscologist for that LOL  :laugh: But what can you do? I feel that not taking any meds is going to cause me alot of anxiety...maybe a ton of vitamins? :) What do you guys think? Are there herbal remidies or non benzos treated for anxiety that I can pretend are my pills? lol

I totally get it, Jane. Try this:  Tic Tacs or little candy mints made with xylitol (a natural sugar-free sweetener that repels decay). I think Tic Tacs would be good because they are tiny, like your old friends.  I do not recommend any "candies" made of sugar unless you are brushing your teeth often.

As for supplements, I tried to add them back into my regimen too fast, I was taking way too many and suffering for it. I stopped all supplements for a week, and now take just a couple that I find necessary. Personally, I cannot recommend supplements "instead of" pills as a substitute, they will effect your chemistry. Too much sugar, or even xylitol will too, but you have to pick your battles. If having this crutch will help you get by in a critical time _____, well, you fill in the blanks. How about "popping" a raisin at the times you used to dose? You could actually swallow it to simulate pill taking.  Best of luck!  :-*

[96...]

white tic tacs! perfect! thanks for the info on the otc remedy replacements, ill just take my melatonin to sleep as usual :)

anyone else??  :)

[96...]
of my system by day 6? should i start feeling anything yet? or is that more of when the active metabolite is gone 13-14 days?

If you took no more valium, half of your last dose would still be in your system in 8.3 days, afer 3to 4 weeks it probably would not show up in a drug test wishing you fast healing bando

glad to hear things are going so well for you!! you are super positive and I think that is great!!! you said you were going away for a year!! a trip or work? you sounded excited!!

hope the rest of you day is great!

[96...]

I am going to a transitional living program where I will be in pyscotherapy and taught more about life skills and a job trade! I screwed up the last 3 yrs of my life (18-21) but I know now is better than ever to improve it! I try to be as positive as I can so it can feed off others who are down, and hopefully that karma will come back to me when I need it :)

How are you doing today?  :smitten:

Here is what Ashton says...

"Speed of elimination. Benzodiazepines also differ markedly in the speed at which they are metabolised (in the liver) and eliminated from the body (in the urine) (Table 1). For example, the "half-life" (time taken for the blood concentration to fall to half its initial value after a single dose) for triazolam (Halcion) is only 2-5 hours, while the half-life of diazepam is 20-100 hours, and that of an active metabolite of diazepam (desmethyldiazepam) is 36-200 hours. This means that half the active products of diazepam are still in the bloodstream up to 200 hours after a single dose. Clearly, with repeated daily dosing accumulation occurs and high concentrations can build up in the body (mainly in fatty tissues). As Table 1 shows, there is a considerable variation between individuals in the rate at which they metabolise benzodiazepines"

Hope this helps Janedoe.

Chrisw