• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[db...]
yes but i have been weening off of it in fear that i may be using it somewhat as a clutch  :(

Since you've only been off Valium for a short time, it might be wise to see if your doctor will allow you to stay on it for a little longer.  I know Phenobarb can help the w/d sxs, but the main thing is that it prevents seizures.

Sincerely,

fg

I'm not sure about that, but I wouldn't risk seizures until my doctor said I could come off of Phenobarb.  You came off of Valium pretty abruptly.  Just my opinion.

fg

I think you may be experiencing the effects of benzo w/d, which the Phenobarb can help alleviate (if you can tolerate it).  I personally would not go off of the Phenobarb or make any dosage changes until you talk with your doctor.  Your health needs to come first.

Sincerely,

fg

[db...]
the sucky part is my doctor isnt a legit doctor. he only wants $$ i mean he is legit but a BAD one. he told me he gets people off valium within 7-10 days... :o

[db...]
day 9 over. hoping for a window or something like it tomorrow, i cant replay today again tomorrow. Day 10 hit me :) I got this :thumbsup:

[db...]
no i cant...i can go to N/A A/A meetings...I am going to rehab (non medical) wed or thurs...Im homeless no money and have no other choice. I cant even see this wanna be doctor anymore....once im out of pheno, ( i have half my script still ) im done.

[db...]
May have to go on paxil or effexor for ahwile...I was talking to my assessor. I think im having a lot of rebound anxiety too from quitting xanax a little over 2 months ago...its so so so very hard to deal with.

I had to go back on Paxil when tapering from Klonopin.  I had no choice.  For me, at least, Paxil is a lot easier to come off of than benzos.

fg

Yes.  For me Paxil has allowed me to sleep, it improved my appetite, has removed pretty much all anxiety, has given me more energy at times, etc.  I do eventually plan on coming off of it (with my doctor's permission), but I want to come off of Klonopin (at least the majority of it) first.

It is generally recommended that one come off of benzos first and then taper off of the AD's, due to the fact that coming off of benzos can cause anxiety, depression, etc.

I was actually on Paxil before going on Klonopin, but weaned myself off of it before tapering Klonopin (which I should not have done).  I have learned from my mistake, however, and am working with my doctor on the tapering process.

Sincerely,

fg

5. WHAT IS A "HALF-LIFE", AND HOW IS THE CONCEPT IMPORTANT TO BENZODIAZEPINE DEPENDENCE?

Half-life is a numerical expression of how long it takes for a drug to leave your body

http://www.benzo.org.uk/FAQ1.1.htm#5

Half-life    Diazepam (Valium) 20-100 [36-200]

Yes Jane.

Did you do a c/t?

I know the feeling. The self-reproach and disgust I feel over being in this situation makes it even worse. I just have to believe that things will get better.

Just as it is with epileptics certain things can trigger seizures in withdrawal.  A combo of not sleeping, dehydration and looking towards the sun through a tree whipping in the wind caused me to have a tonic clonic seizure a month after I had stopped taking K.