WHAT TO EXPECT

[1a...]

Hi Jane,

I had a bad reaction to Phenobarb where I couldn't even walk.  I tried once and nearly collapsed on the floor.  Once I made it back to my bed, I couldn't even turn over.  It's like it paralyzed my muscles.  It just wasn't the right med for me and they offered me no other anti-seizure meds while there, so I was sent home and my GP told me to go back on the Klonopin and we would figure out a taper from there.

However, if you're tolerating the Phenobarb thus far, that is great.  I just couldn't tolerate it.

Sincerely,

fg

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ch...]

• [fi...]

• [GH...]

• [we...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[1a...]
ohhh ok. im sorry to hear that. Yes this is my 3rd time around in detox/ct. 1st time was out patient detox covered by insurance, i was only 2 months deep into xanax not even 1 mg, then i went again a year later but i was too much into drinking and decided screw it, i guess ill just stay on the meds for life. I started maturing more and looked into my future and how I wanted that to be and decided that I needed to get off the meds when I joined BB in November...Now im self-detoxing...idk what would have been better? A one month rapid taper which I could have done if the rehab I was supposed to go to yesterday would have taken me or to be on the route that I am now...? Oh well thats life.

On a positive note, the Phenobarb did help out with my appetite and sleep issues.  The bad side effects just outweighed the good, so the detox physician took me off of it.

Sincerely,

fg

[1a...]
does anyone know why the day i went to the hospital i had a strong taste of metallic in my mouth? is that the norm? i cant find the cooralation anywhere.

Yes, I've heard about a metallic taste several times on this forum. It seems to be part of WD.  :sick:

[1a...]

feeling a wave coming... :(

:( I hope this doesnt mean another ER trip, I think it may be anxiety?

Ive never had good coping skills with that.

Does deep relaxation breathing help?  If so...take a breath, hold it for a count of 4 or 5, b-r-e-a-t-h-e out slowly, repeat five or six times.

I breathed my way through many a day, Jane...

Challis  :smitten:

[66...]

Jane what is going on.  What do you mean by that you have been doing so well.  Seriously talk to me how do you know you will feel better going back on.

Lizzy

Jane,

Are you still on Phenobarb?  Are you able to sleep?

I would hate to see you reinstate since you were doing so good earlier.

Regards,

fg

Jane,

I hope today improves for you.  Have you started tapering the Phenobarb?

Sincerely,

fg

[1a...]
i went to the er and got the valium. i dont know if i am going to take it...im so torn... :'(

[1a...]
i feel better at the moment...idk if maybe i am having really bad rebound effects from the xanax? idk...its been 2 weeks off id hate to do this but cant stand the rollercoaster. :'( :'(

[1a...]
no...in a couple days....i think im going to be strong. idk id hate to throw all these days away. idk what to do guys please help me...

[1a...]
i feel like ive been on this crap for too long for any improvement to ever take place..this feeling really sucks its like walking down the walk of shame... :'(

[d9...]

there is no shame jane,these are just side effects from the withdrawals you are going through

when its rough i tell mysel these are side effects not reality

big hugs

[d9...]

if you reinstate you might get soem relief

you might not

i cant guide you as to what to do

take it minute by minute and breath and see if you think you really need to reinstate

thinking of you

hugs

Jane,

Are you still on the same amount of Phenobarb?  That should help with the withdrawals.

Sincerely,

fg