Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Has anyone had vertigo or lightheadedness before taper?

If anyone had symptoms of vertigo or lightheadedness before starting their benzo taper, how did it progress/improve as the taper progressed?

I have this situation and taking the benzo helps resolve the lightheadedness.

Please share some light on this.

I'm worried.

[Kr...]

Im doing my benzo cutting since January and I have it since. I’m on my 10th day after beeing totally off and I still have it. A lot. It’s my number one symptom. Going out in the night it helps not to feel so dizzy. 

• Like 1

@[...], i had vertigo and lots of other things before tapering and while being in tolerance. I also had had fits of vertigo+insomnia prior to taking benzo. That's exactly why i first started to take it.

All the toler symptoms didn't get much worse during my, not the best one, benzo taper. I'd say their pattern changed. They started to come and go in waves. I do hope you'll find the right solution and will sort out all your tolerance issues. I'm sure it's possible!

• Like 1

[Bo...]

Can you try to see how splitting your dose of 3mg up once a day into split doses helps….. you might not have this during the day if you get constant serum level of benzo in system. Ativan is very fast acting so you’re likely in withdrawal in between doses and vertigo is very common symptom.

If it persists after spilt doses and making a couple reductions you might get things looked at by Dr but at least start with trying to have a steady dose of the Ativan on your bloodstream so you aren’t having potential interdose withdrawal problems.

Tapering thread can help you work on splitting your dose some to get you more coverage during the day and see if this resolves.

i had vertigo lots during higher doses of my taper and it got better the lower I went. I was on Klonopin though so I could dose once a day and be ok bc it’s long acting.

• Like 1