An experience like no other

[...]

TOMORROW IWILL BE 6 MONTHS OFF,IWAS GOOD AND NORMAL LAST 3 WEEKS TODAY LITTLE DESZY CANT FOCUS GOOD

Good for you, hoda.  It sounds like you are doing much better.  You had a little set back with your being dizzy, and not being able to focus, but I think you will just keep on getting better, and better, until you are healed.

Good luck to you.

pj

hi pj, how r u my friend my doing good this dayes just my stomach tide make me feel heavy to breath other than that good idoono if that also from the symptoms ,

Wow PJ.  That was moving.  I teared up.  I too feel like life has just been waiting for me to come back. I do take time now to stop and smell the flowers.  To feel the wind in my hair.  To feel the warmth of the sun.  I never took time before to just enjoy the moment.  I am so thankful to have my life back.

I have met so many kind and loving people on here.  People I was not afraid to lay it all out for.  My family has no clue what I felt or what I went through.  On here I could get it all out and I felt better. 

Good post.

DG

Thank you for your kind words, DG.

Having experienced the confusion, the loneliness, the pain, and the uncertainty of withdrawals, in my opinion, does indeed give to us a new found perspective on life, and all its challenges ....  and tames our restless, wandering spirit.  Whereas we may have consumed ourselves with worry about all the 'what ifs' and trivial matters that confronted us on a daily basis.  I feel that now, we do cherish, and appreciate the little things that gives to us a happiness, and contentment that so often used to allude us. Even a blade of grass becomes a mysterious, and wondrous world in itself.

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever.

( Isak Dinesen )

The best to you.

pj

Hello everybody,

Since I am 100% healed now, I find that I have become very busy in my personal life, happily so.

I want to take a minute to say .... so long .... not goodbye .... that sounds too permanent .... to all the awesome people that I have had the privilege of  interacting with during my time here.

"I will be this way forever." " I will never heal."  I cannot remember how many times I have read those words, understandably so, because Benzodiazepines have a way of tricking our brains into thinking that all is gloom, and doom, and there is no hope of ever becoming healed.  Nothing can be further from the truth.  Because as sure as there is a morning sunrise, and as sure as there is an evening sunset, you will completely heal one day.  Remind yourself of this daily.

Welcome every morning with a smile, and a positive, 'can do attitude'. Tell yourself that you will get through this.  Because you were not born to fail.

If you are up to it, take a walk in the sunshine every day.  Listen to the music of the songbirds, see the beauty in the trees, feel the wind on your face, and stop to smell the flowers.  Mother Nature can mend a wounded spirit in a way that a doctor, and all his medicine can never do.

l want to thank you, Colin, for having the foresight to see the need for establishing BenzoBuddies.  I also want to thank all the moderators, and team members, who, along with Colin, work tirelessly to ensure that this site will always be a safe, and friendly refuge for those in need of a helping hand, and words of kindness .... that offer hope, and reassurance to those who are hurting, and are in need of a friend.

The very best to everyone.  As you travel on down that road of life, may you encounter love, peace, and happiness. 

pj

Hi PJ,

This was such a good thing to read......you are moving along into life.

I am grateful for your communications - from the "chicken thread", to questions and answers, to the story in the wild west and the best; "An experience like no other". I know that this is virtual reality, but while we are going through withdrawal and healing, it is still reality and a very important reality at that. So thank you for being part of my reality during the last year.

I wish you all the best.

Hanna

iam happy for u pj keep going ur good person thx god for his help for u and ihope iwill be there soon

Thank you, hoda .... it has been real nice getting to know you.  I hope you heal soon, and that you have a good life, and you do a good business in your store.

Your friend.

pj

Thank you for all your help pj.  Enjoy life!  I hope you will check back in once in a while.

Thank you rmcd, I wish you the very best.

pj

Hi PJ,

This was such a good thing to read......you are moving along into life.

I am grateful for your communications - from the "chicken thread", to questions and answers, to the story in the wild west and the best; "An experience like no other". I know that this is virtual reality, but while we are going through withdrawal and healing, it is still reality and a very important reality at that. So thank you for being part of my reality during the last year.

I wish you all the best.

Hanna

Thank you hanna,

We had some good laughs, that's for sure.  The 'chicken thread', and the 'let's build a house' were so funny.  I often wonder how vancouvergirl is doing.

Take care.

pj

Yes, the house was great. I hope vancouvergirl is well, too.

And you are still an honourary Canuck, eh? Just a well one!

PJ...

You will never be forgotten from so many here .And especially from me. You have really said some Profound and wonderful things to me when I was hurting so much.Things that will never leave my memory..

Keep your self just the way you are,Life will always serve you Well.. ;)

Enjoy your life pj...

~Jenny

PJ...

You will never be forgotten from so many here .And especially from me. You have really said some Profound and wonderful things to me when I was hurting so much.Things that will never leave my memory..

Keep your self just the way you are,Life will always serve you Well.. ;)

Enjoy your life pj...

~Jenny

Jenny, :)

You enjoy your life, too. 

pj

Good luck to you PJ.  Go and enjoy the rest of your life as we were made to.

DG

Hi DG, thank you for the kind words.

Last night, when standing out on my deck enjoying life, as you suggested.  I was observing the stars, with a new-found appreciation for the simple pleasures that life affords us, and I recalled the words so eloquently written by Thomas Merton that I want to share with you. 

He wrote the following: When we are alone on a starlit night, when by chance we see migrating birds in autumn descending on a grove of junipers to rest and eat; when we see children in a moment when they are really children, when we know love in our hearts; or when, like the Japanese poet, Basho, we hear an old frog land in a quiet pond with a solitary splash - at such times the awakening, the turning inside out of all values, the "newness," the emptiness and the purity of vision that make themselves evident, all provide a glimpse of the cosmic dance.  I have always thought those words were so profound. 

I wish you a life filled with peace and harmony.

pj

Dear PJ, You certainly had a remarkable journey and you made some lifetime friends whose faces you have never seen but without doubt whose hearts you have touched. This was such a truly wonderful thread and I want you to know you are like an OLYMPIC TOUCH CARRIER...carrying the message of hope and healing. I don't know what PJ stands for but for me the P is certainly for a PRINCE of a person. All the best to you.

Hi Needsomehelp,

Thank you for your kind words.   

If anyone has received even a glimmer of hope after reading my success story, that they will one day completely heal, then my benzo experience has had a purposeful meaning.

I wish you a happy and a meaningful life.

pj

Hi hoda,

I was just wondering how you are doing my friend.  I hope you are feeling better, and that your life is good.

Take care

pj

Hi PJ.  Glad to read another success story and one that, like mine, took over a year to write.  I read about your stomach issues.  I was wondering if those have all subsided for you?  I had GERD before benzos and still take a prilosec or zantac about five days a week (one or the other).  I tried to taper off last year but wasn't able to stay off.  By the way, I also took levaquin a few times for sinus infections in the last five years.  Fortunately, I don't think anything terrible happened from it but you never know.  I won't use them again based on what I've read since. 

Vertigo

HII pj , how r u my friend iam 7 months off now iam alot batter than before iget the symptoms  maybe one every 3 weeks ore more its start to go ifeel its getting alot batter . how u doing?