Online Support....Can it make things worse?

[KR...]

Hope everyone is continuing to get the support that they need to get through this horrific experience. Be it online or at home. Support is key. Try NOT to islolate. Take it from me....thats NOT a good path to take. Scary deal.

I've been through some really bad stuff in terms of symptoms and the real life fall out that benzo withdrawl can cause in a person's life. Health issues...loss of job...loss of family support.....friends that turned their back on me due to the duration of the withdrawl....you name it...I swear it probably happened to me during this deal. Just when I didnt think things could get worse they would.

But with all the negatives came some positives...it cleansed a lot of the stress and bull shit out of my life during the process. It put a lot of things in perspective on whats important and whats not. Its hard to see all this while your in the thick of it...but as the smoke clears...you will start to see a better and brighter future...a better you...and a better life ahead. Im way smarter and stronger now than I ever was before this. I know whats good for me and whats not and who my real friends are and whos fake. You have to push toward the end so you can reap the rewards. Your a lot stronger than you think. Trust me on that one.

I dont want to get all holy on anyone....but if you didnt believe in god or a higher power before benzo withdrawl...you sure the hell will by the time its over. Stay safe and be strong. Your being watched over whether you know it or not.

J... This is one of the best posts Ive seen you write. Its been a long horrible road you had to walk and you did it with dignity and strength. You continue to fight through the last of this w/d and are doing it everyday so well. Keep up the encourging posts when your feeling positive they are very helpful and bring a sense of realness to this surreal experience..

Your Friend

~Jenny

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [KR...]

• [ja...]

• [In...]

• [Co...]

Hope everyone is continuing to get the support that they need to get through this horrific experience. Be it online or at home. Support is key. Try NOT to islolate. Take it from me....thats NOT a good path to take. Scary deal.

I've been through some really bad stuff in terms of symptoms and the real life fall out that benzo withdrawl can cause in a person's life. Health issues...loss of job...loss of family support.....friends that turned their back on me due to the duration of the withdrawl....you name it...I swear it probably happened to me during this deal. Just when I didnt think things could get worse they would.

But with all the negatives came some positives...it cleansed a lot of the stress and bull shit out of my life during the process. It put a lot of things in perspective on whats important and whats not. Its hard to see all this while your in the thick of it...but as the smoke clears...you will start to see a better and brighter future...a better you...and a better life ahead. Im way smarter and stronger now than I ever was before this. I know whats good for me and whats not and who my real friends are and whos fake. You have to push toward the end so you can reap the rewards. Your a lot stronger than you think. Trust me on that one.

I dont want to get all holy on anyone....but if you didnt believe in god or a higher power before benzo withdrawl...you sure the hell will by the time its over. Stay safe and be strong. Your being watched over whether you know it or not.

That's a nice post. But I definitely did not come out of it believing in god. I actually think I just have a better understanding of human fragility now. I guess that doesn't mean much just that I understand now when I am doing well in life and when anyone is doing well in life there is the benefit that is taken for granted of a well functioning brain..

Gotto.....I should of probably kept my religious beliefs to myself in the last part of my posting...this forum has members from all walks of life and beliefs. For me I had a pretty week faith going into this deal......but as time passed my faith grew and I became stronger and more intuneed with myself and my beliefs. Thats just how it went down for me...sorry if my statement offended anyone. Hope your healing well and seeing great progress. Take care.

Gotto.....I should of probably kept my religious beliefs to myself in the last part of my posting...this forum has members from all walks of life and beliefs. For me I had a pretty week faith going into this deal......but as time passed my faith grew and I became stronger and more intuneed with myself and my beliefs. Thats just how it went down for me...sorry if my statement offended anyone. Hope your healing well and seeing great progress. Take care.

didn't offend me. i have the same beliefs about God, Universe, Higher Power. not at this moment though :sick:

pretty much only when my brain is balanced. although i pray like the devil :D you know what i mean? i pray a lot. almost like every moment i breathe ;)

That's okay. Thanks for being so nice and understanding.

[82...]

I guess i just wanted to post this in regards to some of the things Ive read on line while in withdrawl. I believe it creates ALOT more fear and anxiety than needed. Lets just say you never read it and went about your day doing some positive self talking and reassuring yourself that your going to be fine. Would your mind be alot clearer from the pain and suffering you just read about for the last 2 hours on the computer. Hell Yes!!Sometimes I read into someones posts and start thinking could that be me? What if i get that? Or I know I'm super screwed now. Then i start comparing my withdrawl to their withdrawl. The next thing you know I'm dwelling about things I would never of thought up in my life. I mean racing thoughts are bad enough without all the stuff I expose myself to on line. Then to top it off you will post something and you get respones from certain people that you have no idea of their past medical history. You don't know them at all. Like what meds their were on, if there still on meds, or lets say their still on other psych meds and just don't want to tell you because they think people will look down on them. Their really just some screen name telling you whats up. You have NO idea if these people are telling you the truth about anything. Just because their Sig line says one thing doesn't mean its even close to whats really going on. Yet we let them give us advise about what we should do. Or how things are going to go down. Crazy as that sounds . People do it. And they BELIEVE it. Happens to people everyday. Some of the stuff Ive been told on line has scared the hell out of me. Did the things ever happen? NOPE!! Not even close.. But I sure thought they were going to. All because I exposed myself to it. Ive seen people get WAY worse from having this happen to them. The reason I bring this up is because No withdrawl is the same. And the bottom line is you don't know what people are doing on the other side of the computer in there personal life that's effecting their withdrawl in one way or another. You don't know why their story is unfolding the way it is. It could be anything. I think everyone needs to be VERY cautious about what you read into and what you take serious. And what you even let your brain read while going through this process. Because if your having a tuff withdrawl. And many are. You don't need to be flooding your brain with a bunch of negative info and topic lines that you shouldn't be exposing yourself to in the first place. It can make a bad withdrawl WAY worse. And really it may just make you feel like your alot worse than you really are and take you down the wrong path. I know everyone says to distract. But there are alot of healthy ways to do it that wont scare the hell out of you. Theirs plenty of positive info to read on line. But there is alot of alot of negative stuff as well that will stick to you like glue. I guess this is just something I wanted to throw out their. I hope everyone has contined healing and progress. Be safe!

Rock

I come back to this OP many times and it helped me keep it real in w/d. Thanks Rock for this. Stay well and I wish you all the best.

Danni

J... This is one of the best posts Ive seen you write. Its been a long horrible road you had to walk and you did it with dignity and strength. You continue to fight through the last of this w/d and are doing it everyday so well. Keep up the encourging posts when your feeling positive they are very helpful and bring a sense of realness to this surreal experience..

Your Friend

~Jenny

Thanks jenny...youve been a HUGE part of my recovery!!! Youve always been there thru thick and thin.  I can NEVER thank you enough for everything youve done for me. Thanks for being the best friend ever!!

I guess i just wanted to post this in regards to some of the things Ive read on line while in withdrawl. I believe it creates ALOT more fear and anxiety than needed. Lets just say you never read it and went about your day doing some positive self talking and reassuring yourself that your going to be fine. Would your mind be alot clearer from the pain and suffering you just read about for the last 2 hours on the computer. Hell Yes!!Sometimes I read into someones posts and start thinking could that be me? What if i get that? Or I know I'm super screwed now. Then i start comparing my withdrawl to their withdrawl. The next thing you know I'm dwelling about things I would never of thought up in my life. I mean racing thoughts are bad enough without all the stuff I expose myself to on line. Then to top it off you will post something and you get respones from certain people that you have no idea of their past medical history. You don't know them at all. Like what meds their were on, if there still on meds, or lets say their still on other psych meds and just don't want to tell you because they think people will look down on them. Their really just some screen name telling you whats up. You have NO idea if these people are telling you the truth about anything. Just because their Sig line says one thing doesn't mean its even close to whats really going on. Yet we let them give us advise about what we should do. Or how things are going to go down. Crazy as that sounds . People do it. And they BELIEVE it. Happens to people everyday. Some of the stuff Ive been told on line has scared the hell out of me. Did the things ever happen? NOPE!! Not even close.. But I sure thought they were going to. All because I exposed myself to it. Ive seen people get WAY worse from having this happen to them. The reason I bring this up is because No withdrawl is the same. And the bottom line is you don't know what people are doing on the other side of the computer in there personal life that's effecting their withdrawl in one way or another. You don't know why their story is unfolding the way it is. It could be anything. I think everyone needs to be VERY cautious about what you read into and what you take serious. And what you even let your brain read while going through this process. Because if your having a tuff withdrawl. And many are. You don't need to be flooding your brain with a bunch of negative info and topic lines that you shouldn't be exposing yourself to in the first place. It can make a bad withdrawl WAY worse. And really it may just make you feel like your alot worse than you really are and take you down the wrong path. I know everyone says to distract. But there are alot of healthy ways to do it that wont scare the hell out of you. Theirs plenty of positive info to read on line. But there is alot of alot of negative stuff as well that will stick to you like glue. I guess this is just something I wanted to throw out their. I hope everyone has contined healing and progress. Be safe!

Rock

I come back to this OP many times and it helped me keep it real in w/d. Thanks Rock for this. Stay well and I wish you all the best.

Danni

Hey Danni...long time no talk....hope your doing alright. Ya I remember when I first wrote that post. I was just over all the crazy shit I was reading online. Especially while I wasnt thinking clearly. Not safe...or fun. I hope it reminds people to take what they read online with a grain of salt. Thats sometimes hard to do while in benzo withdrawl.

Your Friend

~Jenny

Thanks jenny...youve been a HUGE part of my recovery!!! Youve always been there thru thick and thin.  I can NEVER thank you enough for everything youve done for me. Thanks for being the best friend ever!!

Your welcome.Ive always tried to be there for you ..Its been a long hard road. Youve done great through out all of it.

• 1 month later...
You and Jenny remain two of my favorite people and biggest heroes.  You're right about this process having the ability to make you stronger and more focused. It's certainly done that for me. Love you guys!

• 1 month later...

You and Jenny remain two of my favorite people and biggest heroes.  You're right about this process having the ability to make you stronger and more focused. It's certainly done that for me. Love you guys!

Mary...hope life is treating you a lot better now than it was. Youve been thru hell and back with this withdrawl process. You had a pretty bad go at it. Stay positive and keep pushing forward. Your doing WAY better now than back when we first met. Thats for dam sure. Happy days ahead.

Thanks dear!  It's a rough go still on some days.  Still dealing with major alzheimer's like fog and my brain still is not keeping up with my vision  some days and other days I feel close to normal.  Pushing forward as always and trying not to be mad that it is taking so long.  I appreciate your reminder that I'm a hell of a lot better.  So true.  I hope the same for you!!  :)

Thanks dear!  It's a rough go still on some days.  Still dealing with major alzheimer's like fog and my brain still is not keeping up with my vision  some days and other days I feel close to normal.  Pushing forward as always and trying not to be mad that it is taking so long.  I appreciate your reminder that I'm a hell of a lot better.  So true.  I hope the same for you!!  :)

Mary! One of my most favorite people in this entire world!!!!! Love you Mary.. Your so strong I Admire you.

Xoxox ~Jenny

Love you Jenny!  Your generosity knows no bounds and I'm thrilled to call you my friend.  I owe you the debt of a lifetime  :smitten:

Love you Jenny!  Your generosity knows no bounds and I'm thrilled to call you my friend.  I owe you the debt of a lifetime  :smitten:

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 5 months later...
Just wanted to let everyone know that you do get better with time. Take it from me. I was totally screwed up out of my mind!!  Severe withdrawl!!!!! Try not to put a time frame on this process. Everyone is different. Just remind yourself it does end. Stay strong and keep clear of people and things that stress you out. Your central nervous system is to fragile to deal with that stuff. Hope these words of encouragement help. I would never lie or mislead you when it comes to this. You have to stay strong and believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree,I had a horrible withdrawal never thought I'd heal but I did 100% even after a cold turkey.  Glad to see your doing good krock.

Glad your doing well Krista. I remember how bad your withdrawl was. You were a hot mess early on. You had it really bad. Glad you can come back and give people the hope they need when they need it most. Hope all is well.

• 2 months later...
Hope everyone here is doing better. If not...you will soon. Stay patient. Healing does happen and you ARE getting better. I know time goes SLOOOOW when your in the thick of it. But things calm down and your body resets. Its hard to believe when your totally screwed up. But it DOES happen. Stay safe and try to distract. Time will pass.

Hope everyone here is doing better. If not...you will soon. Stay patient. Healing does happen and you ARE getting better. I know time goes SLOOOOW when your in the thick of it. But things calm down and your body resets. Its hard to believe when your totally screwed up. But it DOES happen. Stay safe and try to distract. Time will pass.

Thank you...nice post. :thumbsup::)

Thank you...nice post. :thumbsup: :)t

No problem. I started this thread 3 years ago.  I Just like to pop in every now and then and remind members that are struggling that things will be OK. A little encouragement goes a long ways.

• 7 months later...
Sorry people here are still suffering. I just want to remind everyone you do get better. Some heal faster than others. But you do get better. Unfortunately it takes time. Such a mean word when your in so much pain. It slowly fades away ....promise. My withdrawl WAS off the charts! Please be safe and take good care of yourself.

hi KRock, totally agree with what you wrote, being fairly new here, i have to just read what i can handle and gather support and courage from those like methat  are still trying to RECOVER, i try to stay as neutral as i can, but we can get lost in some stories, i am trying to limit my time, it is hard, but i am beginning to get a grip on my time here. i will read what i think will help me and i can pray for those that are having such a tough time, as i know how it can feel. Congrats on your RECOVERY, i can see mine down the road a bit.  :thumbsup::):thumbsup: 

Hi Rock:

Good post! I saw it before, like you said. But it never hurts for a recap. The withdrawal section doesn't bother me because I have seen to many horrible things as a police reporter that are far worse than the posts here. I take a break every now and again, so I can go out and do things because I feel good. I want to do this before the shoe drops. In fact, I have been spending less time on BB at the moment. Not because this site isn't great, but because everybody needs a break, no matter what the situation is. I call it my BB coffee break. And I have always had a positive mindset, which I think helps a lot.

Bets

• 2 weeks later...