Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Online Support....Can it make things worse?

[KR...]

Hey Rock,

i am so glad to find your post.

i am brand new on here and at 62 days off all benzo's.

i had a similar w/d and detox experience as you...i left detox one day earlier AMA with prescriptions for phenobarbital, gabapentin, suboxone of which i am currently tapering off of slowly.

but came off of the pheno and gabapentin in a few weeks because they were making me crazing and/or so i thought but now realise this all was a benzo w/d and i went to ER after i was home from detox and felt better when they put 1mg.ativan in my vein and then got off all benzo's and soma.

i too did not think i was going to make it through this detox.

i got onto this site when i was feeling better and have taken some steps back and not feeling so good since i've been on here.

what is up with that?

my mother was only reading me the success stories while i was in w/d.

i hope i can monitor how often to go on to this site and which posts to read because my brain right now is trying to heal but still going off like fluorescant lights in there and still hallucinating when the spinning goes across the optical part of my brain.

i thought i would have to reinstate and i should have but chose to just spin and fly around.

there were times when i would just hold on to the couch and i would feel like i was on a windy beach.

i wish to go back to last week when i was still feeling really badly but some things were indeed changing and felt a little stronger to do things.

prettydaisys

Daisy...Sorry your feeling like hell right now.  :-\ Your brain was already compromised by the removal of the benzos. When you came off the seizure meds quick it just destabilized things a bit more if that makes sense. Your brain is trying to figure all this crap out and when you remove or add things to quick it seems to get confused even more. Thus making the withdrawl symptoms even worse in some cases.

As far as suboxone is concerned. The doctor that was overseeing me when I got home from detox offered me this to help deal with all the physical pain I was in. I never had ANY physical pain prior to detox from benzos. So I knew in my heart it had to be the withdrawl. The doctor told me suboxone is given out now to treat people with chronic pain issues. I saw while I was in treatment that they were giving this to EVERYONE coming off opiates. The people I talked to said it did alleviate their opiate withdrawl symptoms and even helped some patients with their pain issues. A few of them had been on it before and tapered off it SLOWLY and were fine. I was just to scared to take anything else due to the fact that I just came off 230mgs a day of phenobarbital and 1,800mgs of Gabapentin. Not to mention the Valium they ripped me off of as well. My brain was totally spun out of control.  :crazy: Big time!!! Long story short most of the severe pain went away. The nerve pain did all together for the most part. I still get flare ups from time to time. Its a brief reminder of the way I use to feel 24/7.

It terms of using this site and steering away from negative posts. Well that can be a bit challenging seeing how everyone here is so desperately seeking answers to their withdrawl problems. Lots of despair in the air. But on the same note theirs a lot of positives that come from this site and its members as well. You'll find some of the most compassionate people you've ever met here. These guys understand your pain like no other. They get it. If one person doesn't quite get what your going through. Trust me. Theres someone else here that will.

When I first joined here I sort of gravitated to the members that came out of detox or did a cold turkey. I'm not saying this is the right thing to do because I found out that I received a great amount of support from people that were tapering as well. But at the time I needed to talk to people that went the same route I did. I needed to know that I was going to be alright. Because I dam sure didn't think I was. Anyways I met some people on here that went through some very hardcore witdrawls/cold turkeys. I latched on to these members and they reassured me CONSTANTLY that I was going to make it. These members had a ton of knowledge when it came to this crap. Some of them had way worse withdrawls than I was even going through and they were doing pretty well considering. So I knew that healing does happen. What I didn't know that I kept bugging them about is when will this be over? That's the million dollar question for everyone. Know one seems to know the answer to this. But it does end. Its just takes TIME. That's the worst 4 letter word ever.

Hopefully you will find some friends on here that you can relate to that are further along with this process. Friends that will guide you through the worst of it until you can stand on your own. I still find parts of this website that I steer clear from due to that nature of the posts. Its just not something I currently want to read and dwell about. Once you read something negative and start dwelling about it things sort of go south from there. Its pretty easy to scare yourself while your brain is so susceptible to everything. Keep up the good work. I hope your symptoms start to ease up and you get relief sometime soon. You will meet some freinds on here that will help guide you through this. I promise.

Rock

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [KR...]

• [ja...]

• [In...]

• [Co...]

Hi Rock,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Today was one of the worst days for me when i thought it was getting better.

i really need some reassurance that the brain stuff will eventually go away. what is confusing to me is: (and i should mention first that i had 7 years clean and sober) from benzo's and opiates before i started again in 2002. and what is so confusing to me is this brain stuff. i do not remember it being like this at all before and i was on a lot and did not taper. it was a real hard-care c/t. and didn't have all this brain stuff?

anyway, today my brain stuff lingered on the left side and it just felt like I had been hit with a bat and had a severe head and brain injury. i even had to take some excedrin and ice the left side which i didn't have to do these last few months in w/d.

i could just feel it spinning like someone had a drill-bit and was drilling on the side and everything on my left side is affected.

i came out of the detox on 5/3/12 and i had come off the benzo's and a lot of soma too. i had been taking about 1750mg/ of soma for 3-4 days a week for 4 months so i wonder if i am also w/d from that too?

i wish i had never started suboxone and screwed up on my taper today because the day was so bad. i really hope to be able to get off of the suboxone soon. but i guess i should slowly taper?

thanks!

prettydaisys

Hi Rock,

Thank you for taking the time to write to me.

Today was one of the worst days for me when i thought it was getting better.

i really need some reassurance that the brain stuff will eventually go away. what is confusing to me is: (and i should mention first that i had 7 years clean and sober) from benzo's and opiates before i started again in 2002. and what is so confusing to me is this brain stuff. i do not remember it being like this at all before and i was on a lot and did not taper. it was a real hard-care c/t. and didn't have all this brain stuff?

anyway, today my brain stuff lingered on the left side and it just felt like I had been hit with a bat and had a severe head and brain injury. i even had to take some excedrin and ice the left side which i didn't have to do these last few months in w/d.

i could just feel it spinning like someone had a drill-bit and was drilling on the side and everything on my left side is affected.

i came out of the detox on 5/3/12 and i had come off the benzo's and a lot of soma too. i had been taking about 1750mg/ of soma for 3-4 days a week for 4 months so i wonder if i am also w/d from that too?

i wish i had never started suboxone and screwed up on my taper today because the day was so bad. i really hope to be able to get off of the suboxone soon. but i guess i should slowly taper?

thanks!

prettydaisys

PD....Be carefull not to taper off or put yourself through multiple withdrawls while your fresh in benzo withdrawl. Whether you believe it or not right now. You could be a whole lot worse. I know that's hard to believe but its true. I'm sure you and your doctor will form a plan to get you off the suboxone. But your brain right now is still trying to piece itself back together from the lack of benzos. And yes the (brain stuff) mental symptoms are brutal. The absolute worst IMO. 

Rock

yes, they are worse than the physical symptoms.

i will go slow as molasses and honey during the suboxone w/d.

i will have a new Doc helping me with the suboxone w/d--and hope that he will devise a good plan and that i can stick to it unlike the way i did since 2004 trying to taper from benzo's and not knowing about this site or The Ashton Manual up until now--i can't believe that as i am pretty good when it comes to research. did a ton of research about klonopin but not enough i guess.

thank you!

prettydaisys

Hey J...Rock!

Just coming bye to say you've given such great advise and its extremely wise!I always appreciate to read what you have to say and how solid your advise always is..

Hope this weekend went bye nice and fast for you. Its almost Sunday :)

~J

Hey J...Rock!

Just coming bye to say you've given such great advise and its extremely wise!I always appreciate to read what you have to say and how solid your advise always is..

Hope this weekend went bye nice and fast for you. Its almost Sunday :)

~J

Hey Jenny...Thanks for the kind words. Your a great friend. You still coming around and helping people on this forum is a very selfless act. It takes time out of your day and with you having 3 young kids I know time can be hard to come by. The thing of it is I always took your advise and a few others on here that went through this mess. I had NO advise for myself. I was lost looking for answers. So anything Ive learned has been from you and the others that have gone before me.

Most of the stuff people tell you on here while your in the thick of it doesn't make any sense at all. You don't want to hear what people have to say. You just want the madness to stop. Members here tell you that you will heal. Everything is going to be alright. Just give it some more time. Blah, blah, blah.. When in reality you just want to be yourself again without all the crazy thoughts and symptoms that your currently having. Well as time passes, you come to realize that the things that you've been being told all along are true. You start to learn to live and cope with your symptoms and push forward whether you like it or not. You realize there is no magic pill. You realize you have NO choice in this matter. Its forward. Not backwards.

You read on here how people try and reinstate while in pain and it doesn't always work. I tried that route and it really jacked me up. Should of listened to my peers. But i was desperate. After that speed bump I realized that I could be a lot worse off. I got way sicker. So after that short lived deal Ive been terrified to do anything. I now know that you can be a whole lot worse than you currently are. Sometime you have to go through some stuff like that to prove it to yourself. But once you find out. It will scare you enough to never go back.

Some how some way you have to tell yourself that if so and so made it through this ordeal than so can you. Your story Jenny has been one of them. This is one of the most F'ed up cruelest processes there can be. But reading success stories and talking to people like yourself that have healed is priceless. This is truly a gradual process that takes time and patience. The withdrawl symptoms that gives you anxiety makes our patience run thin. Some how we have to dig deep and have a new found mental mindset. One that powers us through the worst of this until we can see clearly enough that were going to survive. Learning to do this has been the hardest thing Ive ever been through.

The best advise that you ever gave to me was to shelter myself from as much stressfull stuff as I could while going through this process. You told me to be gentle on myself and to quit fighting against the withdrawl. To just go with it. You said I have my whole life to live ahead of me when this is over. Just give myself the time its going to take for my brain to heal. I was so pissed off that all this was happening to me I really didn't listen that to any of this at first. I fought against the whole process and really caused a lot more unwanted anxiety than needed.

As you know I finally came to terms with myself with the people and things I needed to address in my life that where causing me unhappiness and stress. I was done being fake to myself and others. I got rid of all the fake friends that I really didn't like but pretended I did. Their values and morals were not what I was about anymore so away they went. I told any family members that didn't believe in what I was going through to pound sand. Their hurtfull words and lack of support were weighing heavy on me anyways. Once I removed the fact that I didn't have to answer to them everyday was a huge relief. I didn't have to see them roll their eyes at me anymore when it came to my symptoms. I felt way better. Screw them. I couldn't fake this mess if I tried. The final and last thing was to address a WAY stressfull job that I was trying to hold onto. I knew if I ever wanted to truly be happy I need to find another job. So what a better time to do it than when I'm making all these other life changes. So I quit my job. That was one of the hardest thing Ive ever done. But after about a week or 2 of being away from it I saw just how bad it was effecting me and my health.

So now here I was with next to NO friends. No Job. No family except my wife and son. And I'm still sick as hell. But I was sick and felt better inside without all those toxic things I use to deal with. I'm happy to say that when this is all over I will have ridden myself of most of the stressfull and unhappy things I was dealing with in life prior to this happening. I know life isn't perfect. And their will be more speed bumps to come. But it feels really good to clear my plate from some of the things that I may have never addressed if it wasn't for this withdrawl. It has been a true cleanzing experience.

Thanks again Jenny for all your guidance. Your a true friend!! Sorry you've had to watch a lot of difficult things in my life unfold. But things are getting better. Sunny days ahead.

Rock

Thanks J...

You don't ever have to thank me for being a friend..You sure have been through this and hard..

But your strength had always been obvious. This is no Joke this w/d and its something I take very seriously.

I did when I was in the darkness of it and I do when you are as well. Going thru something so Life Altering is something I think all our Friends should step up to the Plate. But that's just not how it usually Rolls. Unfortunately . But the way I see it is If I can Step up Fully then I am.

Your a Voice around here of No BS.. You say it like it is. No Sugar coating. You have a heavy hand sometimes but I needed that from time to time as you know. Its Refreshing in my opinion.

It gets the job done. You don't Side Step and you don't BS anyone and your Words have a Impact and bring serious Truth to them. Thank you for being the Real Deal with me. I'm Head Strong so it takes that for me to stop and listen.

You know when I was in this w/d I think from like 3 months when I was really deteriorating I didn't know anyone that was going thru this. No one. I didn't have BB and I had doctors telling me I need meds and Its not the C/T doing this to me. I knew better. I just did. I also knew I had to be here in this Nightmare. I accepted it and did everything I could to register ever aspect to this w/d on every level. I Took note on what was happening to me . Then I found BB at month 7. That's when I realized I wasn't going thru this for NOTHING. I am so glad for all the roads I have had to walk mostly the Hardest ones. Those are the ones that brought me Revelation and Awaking.Brought me Understanding and Knowledge as to how to LOVE.. How to care about people Fully with a Pure heart. I find this to be My most Cherished Road and that is why I do everything I can for you and for anyone here who is hurting in this.

I was recently told by a member here"At This Juncture I Should Get A Life" That's the thing I do have a Life and I have learned very well how to manage the hands of time .To Stretch time and  Time to make a difference. I do that and do things in my personal life.

To me when I think back I'm not gonna remember all the superficial lunches with friends who don't know truly how to be a friend. I'm not gonna think back at doing things that to me are self centered. I'm gonna think about the people who Hurt and Suffer tremendously and If I was able to even bring one min in there day a Smile or comfort. Idk maybe peeps think I'm crazy but to me that's just ME.

Being through this Journey with you has made me a better person in many ways and you did that. So to turn that Thank you around and me to say...Thank You for being a great friend to me. I needed it.

Your almost done with this J..Keep yourself moving forward and soon not only will Brighter day lye ahead but will Blessed ones as well.You have Lost so much during this time in w/d .But what your going to Gain will be Out of this World..

Talk to ya soon my friend ...:)

Jenny

Hey KRock and Jenny,

I want to say - I have been reading your words from the past couple of pages on this thread - and you have such stable - strong - sound messages.  You can tell that you both have really been thru it but you can also hear the healing that has taken place to varying degrees.

You can also hear the bond between you two, the loyal - honest friendship that has developed and grown out of this evil but is good and pure.

I so wish both of you are enjoying your summer with your families.  Lord do I so love mine and appreciate their support and help to me. 

May God continue to watch over you and bless you and walk with you as you heal,

love,

Sally  :angel: Stillbelieving we will heal

KRock - I use to get mad when I would hear the four letter word - I so didn't want to hear it, be told it, I couldn't imagine surviving long enough for "TIME" to happen to me, but I am.

Oh yeah, on line support - yes there are negatives but the positives so out weigh them, I can't imagine doing this without this forum and others that have or are going through this also.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes people join other online support groups while going through this. Some people will join antidepressant forums, anger forums, depression forums, eating disorder forums, insomnia forums, and many other forums. The list goes on and on. While people are in withdrawl they just keep looking for answers be it on Google or other support groups. If I joined a forum for every benzo withdrawl symptom Ive had I would have more passwords than I could remember. I would be totally out of my mind with all the info I was trying to process from everything Ive read on all the other sites. I would have members of all these forums trying to help me diagnose and deal with my issues. When in all reality its just withdrawl. I just assume keep it simple and stick with people that are dealing with THIS problem. No need for others. I mean if I lose my appetite... its not from a tape worm. Or some other eating disorder. Its just withdrawl. Its normal. Even though its real abnormal if you get what i mean. 99% of the symptoms Ive had Ive NEVER had before in my life. I know its benzo related. If you get to many cooks in the kitchen your really going to confuse the hell out of yourself. This forum can be enough to process in one day. Let alone 3 others. Just let your brain decompress from the drama for a bit. It helps.

I'm glad people find comfort with this forum. Its helped me get through one of the loneliest journeys Ive ever went through in my life.

Rock

• 1 month later...
Sort of sad to read threads where members say that their leaving the forum due to certain posts that they read...I guess online support made things worse for them. I hope they rethink things and stick around to get the support that I'm sure they need.

Well I observe a lot of real intense debate over what I often think is minutiae in the overall scheme of things.

I suppose some of this is thought provoking and that can be important, but then folks just get offended and then these threads wander off the subject, there's a lot of analysis about what was said and what was meant, and so on.

I frankly think the same posters will be back anyway. People might need a short break, but these forums are too "addicting" for people to stay off for long. I'm still on it even though I often realize there are other things I need to attend to.

I think the support is good if people address the subject. But it often turns into a free for all of personal animus, criticism, and even anger. But that's being human so there's always going to be some of that. Folks will be back.

Intend

It's my experience that those who say they're leaving rarely do. These things are often said at the height of a heated exchange. This is why we have a 48 hour waiting period if a member asks for their account to be closed.

Sort of sad to read threads where members say that their leaving the forum due to certain posts that they read...I guess online support made things worse for them. I hope they rethink things and stick around to get the support that I'm sure they need.

JRock...

You woke this thread up.. Its been awhile since this has popped up. Its upsetting to think that the one place someone may go for Help,Understanding, and Comfort can become Anything but...

This w/d is so not of anything Describable and it plays so hard on our Emotions its only Natural to feel like running for the Hills when it feels watching Unnecessary Debates that can actually hurt instead of Help. I know me .If I get Over worked and then feel Upset I wanna just remove anything that's causing it. But like Hope said pretty much after 48 hours I'm back to a more even level of emotion and realize I may have got Over worked up.

I almost left BB when I was here for a few months and I said good bye to some peeps . Then I threw out a Shout in the Shout box to say ..Stay Strong Everyone.. That's the day you Shouted back "Thanks For being here Jaso we need more of your energy around here."

That shifted everything I was feeling and why I was going to leave. See Online Support from One person was making me feel like its time to Peace Out.. Then Another wiped that out and Changed the out come.. {KRock} So yes Online support can be tricky and when your in this horrible w/d can play hard on our Emotions. But if you recognize this and know to stick to the People who make you feel good and Far away from the ones who don't This can be a Beautiful Life Changing  experience. At least it was for me  ;)

Anyway I'm glad you revived this thread I have always liked it and Loved everyones POV on this subject.

Were all just people and we make mistakes .But when given the right Advise from each other this Online Support can be a Awesome Game Changer..

P.S Ive Missed you  :mybuddy: LOL Just kidding I talk to you everyday :)

:smitten:~Jenny

Online support has been a double-edge sword for me.  I used to frequent numerous message boards from psychobabble to credit/debt help sites.  The psych site helped me sort out meds and compare notes with others, the credit card rating site, get out of debt.  But in the end, I'd gravitate towards the fights that broke out, personalize everything, and wade into the drama. 

The cycle seemed to coincide with my drinking binges.  I'd build up to drink as the drama unfolded, go on a bender, and fight it out until I was suspended, blocked or banned.  One large psych site hosted their intra-site fights in the administration section which became a kind of clearing house, fight club arena where the blocks really piled up. 

I can't count the times I waded into the drama and went on a drinking binge.  I did a lot of PWD (posting while drunk) and the usual round of apologizing the next day.  Hangovers were bad enough without the day after damage control.

Over the last few years I've steered clear of message boards for the most part.  I'd check in to ask a question or get some information but I really limited my exposure.  There seemed to be a coorelation between online activity and my drinking.  The more I became involved in online life, the worse my real life got - not that I had much of one to begin with.  I'd get in a tailspin with each making the other worse.  Fortunately, now I'm 10 months sober and my online world doesn't have much of a hold on me and I keep a healthy distance.

That said, I don't think I could have done this taper without online support.  Ashton's site and BenzoBuddies helped immensely with the mechanics of tapering.  But now that I'm nearing the end of my taper, I'm sitting in the back pew ready to break for the door.

If my real life is healthy enough, I hope to help others online the way I was helped.  I just have to be careful not to overextend myself.  I'm well enough to go to church but I'm not ready to sit up front or join the choir.

Vrbl 

Because there is a lack of scientific information on this topic I feel like a lot of us look to this forum to inform us.

The best advice regarding w/d is to listen to your body and see what works.

I tried very hard to read this forum and recognize trends and parcel out what seemed to be true.

Even in doing that I feel like I still misjudged.

I think you have to be really careful to understand that one person's experience is one person's experience. 

Intend...I do agree with you that these forums can be very addicting..I mean even though there is a lot of stuff we could do with out..there also isn't many places to go where we can chat with people that understand this deal. Support is key..no matter how you get it or what you have to muddle through.

Hope....I do agree with you about most of these things are said in heated exchanges...been there done that myself. Not real proud of it looking back on it but it happens. A cool off period for members is a great thing. People say and do a lot of stupid stuff while going through this process that they would never do otherwise. You guys are really fair when it comes to giving out warnings. I mean it takes a lot to get suspended. Take it from me.  ???

Jenny...As you know I just really steer clear from "most" parts of this forum. I use to be all over this site early on. Then again they had chat up and running back when we met and we would just stay in there talking 24 hrs a day back when none of us could sleep. That was a great feature of this site that would be great to see come back. I know the staff is under manned but it was a real life saver for me. Now moderating the chat room can take some doing as everyone found out. I mean it can get a little out of line in a hurry. But I feel the good far out weighed the bad. I mean I met a good friend like yourself in there. Two people chatting while in cold turkey in real time...what a mess.  :laugh: So NOT funny looking back on it.  :-\

Vribble...Your post had me Rollin when I first read it. I know it wasn't meant to be funny but I was trying to picture myself getting hammered then posting a bunch of crazy stuff on this site. I posted a bunch of nutty stuff here when I first C/T'ed. I think the stuff I would post drunk my trump that.  :o IDK.. I'm glad this forum is monitored and run the way it is. This place would be a complete zoo without it. The people running this site are more than fair when it comes to people getting wild. I think they've seen about all of it. Some people are completely out of their mind one month saying some off the wall mean stuff. The next month their like "wasn't me". I don't remember doing that.  ??? Thing is i believe them. This w/d makes people act bizarre.

goto.....You hit the nail on the head..there is lack of scientific info on this withdrawl...there for people run to the internet for advice. It can be both informational and dangerous at the same time. You have to listen to your body while going thru this deal. Even when its telling you one thing. Hopefully that little rational voice in your head is telling you the right thing. If its not hopefully you have someone you can trust to help guide you through the darkness. I was lucky enough to have someone like that. Things were really F'ed up for me for a awhile.  :idiot: Extremely bad is another way to put it.  :( I needed constant reassurance that I was going to be OK. Like 24/7. Everything in my mind told me I was doomed or going to die. My best friend that went though this and recovered told me it was all a lie. Glad shes been right.

Just wanted to stop in and say Hey KRock since I saw you here!  Hope you are doing well.  I'm hovering around 75-80% with some 60% days, but onward and upward!  Your words resonate in my brain when I feel like having a pity party, so thank you so much again!

God bless!

Mary

I have found a lot of comfort on some of my darkest days. Yes, there are scary things on here but there are also many kind loving people who have been through the storm and are willing to share their knowledge and support.

Hey Mary (Marantha)...So glad your doing better. You were so bad when we first met. I was thinking about how online support really jacked you up. You met a person online that gave you bad taperring advise which you listened to. Next thing you know he told you to jump off a dose of benzos that lead to severe akethesia and withdrawl symptoms. Then you had to reinstate after a few months of severe hell and go through another painfull taper until you got free again. Talk about some messed up stuff. All because you listened to someone online that you thought you could trust.

Thing of it is I had a bad online experience close to yours. I just got out of a detox center and was in severe C/T from benzos. I came home on a heavy dose of Gabapentin that the detox put me on and was told online I could come off it rather quickly. So off I went. All hell broke loose. I got Way worse than I already was. I lasted about 90 days in C/T and and was considering reinstatement to save myself from the hell. A few Buddy's on here, ONE in particular pitched that reinstatement to Valium could help. The one buddy even went as far as to tell me how to reinstate and what dose to start at. Also how to work my way up in milligrams until the symptoms died down. So nice of him. He said start with 5 mgs of Valium and go up a few mgs every few days. Problem was the symptoms weren't going away. I ended back on 20 mgs of Valium and was still very sick. I'll leave out al the pain and suffering that went down after that. Its funny that when people give you advice and find out it didn't work they pretty much bow out and wash their hands of you. Looking back should I of listened to him? Hell no. But I wasn't thinking rational at the time and was in a lot of pain. Should I went to see my doctor for advice? IDK..He was the same guy that put me on 30mgs of Valium and tried to taper me off it over 2 weeks. I don't trust the guy nor do I ever want to see him again. I really Thought my online friend was a better choice. He seemed sincere. I thought he really knew what he was talking about. Well he didn't. Not even close. Stupid me. I was in a lot of distress and I made a huge mistake. Funny thing is that's NOT so funny is he STILL gives out reinstatement advise on this forum today. He's healed and thinks he knows a lot more than he does. Sort of narcissistic if you ask me.

Rock...

Even tho we talked about this earlier today I just wanted to come on here and say how very sorry I am. What you have had to Endure and how much Pain and Suffering that has  You and your whole family Encountered makes me so Mad.. Due to what you just said in your previous post.

I'm not gonna get into it to much but Online Support that you received was Wrong. The problem is you didn't know what to do.. None of us do in this. So what might have worked for One may be the Beginning of someone else trip down a very Hellish road.

I did a C/T  and got through and Healed.You will never see me on here running around telling people who are doing this a diff way to Hurry Drop this meds. It worked for me it will worked for you...Noway.Nor should anyone who gets off extra fast and escapes the Wrath of a Shocked brain for a Hard  and Extended period of time. Its not like that for everyone.Same goes for anyone advising a Reinstatement. So telling anyone here what to do is not only Wrong Its Beyond our Realm of expertise..I am really really sorry J.. I wish I had known you back then because I think you know I would have tryed to do everything I can to Ease your mind in the current sxs you were having to not Go down another uncertain road with adding anymore Meds.. :(

But what I do know is In spite of some seriously bad advise and so many many months of Unspeakable Suffering and Loss to you and your family.You have been such a Strong, Focused,Dedicated man to get through this with allowing people who will Now help you Out of what One may have done to get you into this situation..Now that's what is in my Opinion a Game Changer.. Well talk Later

Your buddie ~ J

Well, the fact is that we do have to be careful who's advice we take no matter where it is and no matter what's it's about.

But this subject is really "special" that way. Too important and life altering for folks to be throwing it out there to others in w/d and distress (those go together for sure), and oh so susceptible to suggestion and so vulnerable and just wanting to feel better.

Hard to know what to do when your doc has not made good decisions and then someone online gives advice under those circumstances. And of course, some situations are way more impacting than others.

But that's why prescriptive advice is forbidden. I'm sure it's difficult for moderators to always know how to draw that line. Hard job.

Intend

People have their own experiences to draw from and possibly learned something from those of others they have read about or met, although that can be tricky because one probably can not know everything from another's situation from even long detailed posts or conversations.  If one has gotten some really poor medical advice and reads of another buddy seemingly going down a similar path, one sometimes tends to try and provide at least another option to consider to try and help a buddy avoid some pain or suffering that one experienced themselves.  Just as some opinions may not be helpful  here on an online forum, there are plenty of unhelpful things going on outside in the medical world. I have family members who have been harmed by medical advice on many occasions.  And sometimes there was helpful medical advice, but not always in the beginning.  It is almost always a good idea to get 2nd and 3rd opinions before considering a course of action, regardless.

One may read some information online but one is under no obligation to follow it.  The buck stops with the individual.  If one is in a hyped up state and can't process too many choices on one's own, hopefully a friend or close family member can help one sort out the options.  It's always a good idea to see doctors for 2nd opinions  with another person in the room, if nothing else but to take notes.  Sometimes another person will come up with a previously unasked question.  Forums can provide all sorts of information that could be helpful or harmful like anywhere in life.  More information is better than less, in my view.  There are ideas I came across on forum that I never knew were options from the  first doctors I saw after c/t.  It's not always clear what the pros and cons are when one goes into a situation.  Sometimes it's important to deal with short term pain vs long term pain, other times it may be the opposite.

It's ok to question one's doctors.    I believe doctors and buddies in most cases mean well.  Much seems to be unknown about benzo recovery.  Some doctors seem more informed than others.  Big Pharma also seems to play a role in providing information to busy doctors who may not have the time to read all the journals and information that may otherwise be available.  If a doctor gets defensive if you bring up a second opinion or idea, it might be worth considering switching doctors. Likewise, one should read online suggestions with a grain of salt and seek out other opinions.

People have their own experiences to draw from and possibly learned something from those of others they have read about or met, although that can be tricky because one probably can not know everything from another's situation from even long detailed posts or conversations.  If one has gotten some really poor medical advice and reads of another buddy seemingly going down a similar path, one sometimes tends to try and provide at least another option to consider to try and help a buddy avoid some pain or suffering that one experienced themselves.  Just as some opinions may not be helpful  here on an online forum, there are plenty of unhelpful things going on outside in the medical world. I have family members who have been harmed by medical advice on many occasions.  And sometimes there was helpful medical advice, but not always in the beginning.  It is almost always a good idea to get 2nd and 3rd opinions before considering a course of action, regardless.

One may read some information online but one is under no obligation to follow it.  The buck stops with the individual.  If one is in a hyped up state and can't process too many choices on one's own, hopefully a friend or close family member can help one sort out the options.  It's always a good idea to see doctors for 2nd opinions  with another person in the room, if nothing else but to take notes.  Sometimes another person will come up with a previously unasked question.  Forums can provide all sorts of information that could be helpful or harmful like anywhere in life.  More information is better than less, in my view.  There are ideas I came across on forum that I never knew were options from the  first doctors I saw after c/t.  It's not always clear what the pros and cons are when one goes into a situation.  Sometimes it's important to deal with short term pain vs long term pain, other times it may be the opposite.

It's ok to question one's doctors.    I believe doctors and buddies in most cases mean well.  Much seems to be unknown about benzo recovery.  Some doctors seem more informed than others.  Big Pharma also seems to play a role in providing information to busy doctors who may not have the time to read all the journals and information that may otherwise be available.  If a doctor gets defensive if you bring up a second opinion or idea, it might be worth considering switching doctors. Likewise, one should read online suggestions with a grain of salt and seek out other opinions.

Vertigo.. This is the hardest part at least for me.. I saw Dr after DR after DR. I KNEW somethings not right even when they stated over and over again its stress causeing this Jenny.Its you making this happen to you. I FIRMLY said NO Doc your Wrong.. Im powerful but im not this Powerful.. But the problem is we become so desperate for help and having some people say do this... No do that.. Others saying this will work for you.. I did this. Up your dose. Do more untill your stable. Or better yet do a  C/T and hang in untill it stops. Hay maybe you should reinstate.. Go back to your original dose and add a bit until ur stable. I mean thats some dangerous info when someone is reaching so hard for relief and help when the Medical community doesnt even know how to help..

So in return people on line seem like the ones who have the Answer for there Pain. Its a slippery slope and IMO I think the day I wear a White Coat is the day Ill start DXing people . Until then not so much. People on here are more then screen names and have real lives and real suffering . I take it more then serious.I think everyone should.

KRock listened and he felt desperate at that time and in return his Real life has been turned into a Nightmare with Real pain for not only him ..His whole family. They all reap the suffering in a Whole. To me that could have been avioded had NoOne gave medical advise at any time .

I know the intentions of everyone is to Help . I do. I also think if what worked for them they think its the Golden Ticket. Not really. Because were all different. We have diff meds. Diff amounts. Diff Body makeup and genetics. So speaking of ones experience is good but thinking it worked for me it will work for you is not always the case..

And thats why I like the Rules here we may not always understand them but there overall purpose is to Protect us from any kinds of Medical advise from a Non medical community...

~Jenny

I agree that one ought not "prescribe" but if one says "this happened to me and this is what I did.  It may or may not work for you", then fine.  If one says "this will definitely work for you", then it can become a problem.

Gotta run,

Vertigo

To define the narcissistic person in my post above .....Narcissists have such an elevated sense of self-worth that they value themselves as inherently better than others. Yet, they have a fragile self-esteem and cannot handle criticism, and will often try to compensate for this inner fragility by belittling or disparaging others in an attempt to validate their own self-worth. It is this sadistic tendency that is characteristic of narcissism as opposed to other psychological conditions affecting level of self-worth.