Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Online Support....Can it make things worse?

[KR...]

[bb...]
aaawww Jen i just want to give you a big hug your so beautiful love ya lots and lots xx should say this on your blog but I love yours and krocks friendship makes my heart warmxxx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [KR...]

• [ja...]

• [In...]

• [Co...]

Aww Lizzy I have to agree with you. I feel like KRock and myselfs friendship is very special.

We met like 1 1/2 years ago and very early on we knew something was strange.We were so alike and had many similar experiences and we even share some of the same kinds of heart pain. Were buddies !!! I admire him so much for so many reasons. I look up to him and I do not do that with just anyone. Do not tell him that.He has mad EGO.. lol..Na He has changed the course of my path and did it with such a genuine concern for my wellfair when he did. Ill never forget that.These kinds of things are priceless and I do not ever take them for granted.

But hes kinda lucky to ya know. Come to think of it ..Hes way Lucky  :laugh:

J...Rock!!!

What did u take a vaca? Well its time to come back and get Ur thread up and running..I love this thread .I feel like its got so much important info and peoples experiences .I know when I was first on here I was in Torture and seeing anything else other then support on line was limited. I didn't even know on line support could possibly have neg effects. lol .I do now.. But truly I believe it had way more Benefits then Negatives.

Keep it Rolling this threads is a important one... :)

:smitten: ~J

you guys get a room please,rstud

rstud...

Is there anything said here that would make you say such a DisRespectful statement???

Not Cool

[bb...]

just read that and thought the same thing Jenny that you and Krock would be pissed of at that unnecessary statement im quite surprised rstud i mean if these people were friends of yours and you were close to them I maybe could understand the humour but seriously its comments like these that are hurtful and unkind however im sure your just being a smartass and didnt mean for this to happen.

Lizzy

just read that and thought the same thing Jenny that you and Krock would be pissed of at that unnecessary statement im quite surprised rstud i mean if these people were friends of yours and you were close to them I maybe could understand the humour but seriously its comments like these that are hurtful and unkind however im sure your just being a smartass and didnt mean for this to happen.

Lizzy

Thank You Lizzy!

I just read it and thought where would this come from and why would this rstud say that? Im actually really insulted. I mean do men just going around saying these kinds of things to woman? Well wether it was said in seriousness or humor the outcome is the same.

[bb...]

Jen

im sure it was in humour admittedly a poor attempt i guess in withdrawal this can happen but its no excuse and in very poor taste.  Dont let it bother you sweety I just love you to bits.

Lizzyxxx

...................................................(@)(@)......................................................... rstud

rstud its all good. I appreciate humor especially in w/d I was just kinda thrown a bit from your comment and where it was coming from. No worries.

U didn't have to remove your responce I appreciated you saying you were just joking.:)

Lizzy thanks Ur the best

Lizzy

Lizzy, you must have me confused with somebody that gives a f***!!! rstud

[bb...]

ahahahaah love it great comeback and thanks for your kind and caring support its much appreciated i understand life must be still pretty rough for you so Ill forgive your rudeness.

take care

Lizzy

RStud..... I'm not going to come at you with a bunch of nonsense comments like you've been posting here. Your probably not feeling to well and your just pissed that your still going through this W/D crap. The old me would call you out on this Sh*t. The new me feels bad for you. I hope you get feelin better. Take care.

Rock

rstud,

That's enough. If you have a problem with any member of this forum, please contact the team. These sorts of posts aren't necessary and you know they go against the guidelines of this forum.

Please end this now!

Hope

I feel like this thread has sort of turned into a slow motion chat room. WITH MORE MEMES

http://i.imgur.com/luGzA.jpg

I don't know about the chartroom aspect at all; never been part of one and have no interest. Just posting on this forum can sometimes be challenging as one asks questions and gets posted "over" and the original info is lost in all the posts due to the nature of the system.

I think this online support is valuable w/o doubt. Tons of info here to help with w/d whether w/d all the way off or to lesser degree.

Also plenty of support when one is having a rough time or needs to know if others have similar sx.

But also plenty of apparently some philosophical points of view that kind of go over the head of some in many detached ways that i don't think are very helpful. It's just really great if one is into these types of theoretical discussions, and they do have a place, but since I am generally looking for info of some kind, I get annoyed with this.

But having said that, I will admit to most likely participating here and there. I surely have enough posts to verify that I've said tons on this forum.

And then there's the scary stuff and the warnings about certain benzos. Well some of us just have to try what we can, and although the truth for many is the truth experience wise. Warnings abound here, and I suppose as I now embark again on another round of another benzo experience, I am afraid, particularly of the w/d process.

I'm just stating my opinion here. This is a good forum, and the points of view are going to be encompassing the whole spectrum of opinions and experiences.

I have learned that my experience is just that; my experience and it will remain that way throughout this process.

Intend

Couldn't agree with you more Intend... Everyones experience is so radiacally different.  If you just sit and read negative things....yeah that is going to make it worse.  A few days ago though when I was really going through it I read success stories archives and purposefully looked for names I didn't know.  Than I thought well obviously those people have moved on and are better.  i am really thankful for this forum and have learned not to dwell on everyones sxs.  If I can help bc I have ahd that sx i may post to them about it but, if I haven't dealt with that sx then I dont read about it bc if i do it will probably upset me.  Just a suggestion.  Jess

Jessica,

I am just so very worn out with warnings which is why I said what I said. I've been on BB for @9 mos. now.

Doc has bounced me around between Xanax and klonopin 4 times. I really wanted her transfer back to X to work for me as that was what I had taken for 11 years. I even regret trying to get off it now initially as the process has just caused me a lot of real heartache.

So my initial K experience wasn't perfect cause same doc gave me no guidance and then my body wouldn't accept X again. Back to K. And now warnings of what mistakes im making, how horrible K is, how I should be on Valium.

So easy for others to give instructions when they are stable and tapering. Or they have been successful at getting Valium ( although many have plenty of trouble with it). It just is so individual how ones body reacts to any of this.

I do hope the successes are real successes. I should read some I suppose. There are plenty on other sites as well. Thanks for your thoughtful response.

Intend

Hi Intend and Jessica,

I understand much of what you're saying. This is a big forum. We have a lot of members who have come from other forums that have shut down and many members aren't feeling their best so some discussions can get heated and potentially off topic. However, we have a lot of boards. This board is one that can lean more toward "philosophical points of view". We have other boards, as you know, that are more centered toward practical help regarding tapering and dealing with withdrawals, such as the Withdrawal & Recover board..etc.

It's like with anything, take what pertains to you and ignore the rest if you can.

I'm glad you have found this forum useful for the most part. That's why were here.

Hope

Hope... I really enjoy the site.  Thanks for your hard work.  Thats why i said definitely read the success stories when your feeling bad.  They helped me through a tough time the other day.  I only deal with the sx boards when I am up to it.  Didn't mean to come across in a negative fashion...Jess

Hope,

Thanks for your reply. I actually find this "chewing the fat" section to be great and like philosophical info that people discuss. And I've not only participated here, but have started threads here.

It's probably the W and R section ( and only in the last few days) and in response to my posts that I've gotten some real "advice" that I'm on the wrong track.

And I just find that some members ( a lot of times the very same ones) will challenge anyone about anything on any of the sections whether here or another section. That just appears to be in their nature.

I also realize (logically though not emotionally) that many are just having a rough time like me. And then I kind of "get my back up," really forgetting that we're all really in some major transition, and like I said to some one yesterday, "it's not a cakewalk no matter what benzo you're on, so I don't know that Valium or any other is the universal panacea."

So, it's really ok. This is a great forum. Lots of concrete info. This section is the absolute best. I'm kind of feisty myself on occasion, so I just kind of speak my mind. But not to worry. You all are doing great. Glad your w/d sx have tempered down. Gives me some "hope" that I'll be where you are at some point.

Thanks for caring and responding.

Intend

Hope... I really enjoy the site.  Thanks for your hard work.  Thats why i said definitely read the success stories when your feeling bad.  They helped me through a tough time the other day.  I only deal with the sx boards when I am up to it.  Didn't mean to come across in a negative fashion...Jess

Jess,

You didn't sound the least bit negative. I understand exactly where you're coming from on this. I just wanted to add my two cents to the discussion. I know you enjoy the site...and I'm glad you do. I feel the same way. I take what I feel is helpful and ignore the rest.

Hope :smitten:

Hope,

Thanks for your reply. I actually find this "chewing the fat" section to be great and like philosophical info that people discuss. And I've not only participated here, but have started threads here.

It's probably the W and R section ( and only in the last few days) and in response to my posts that I've gotten some real "advice" that I'm on the wrong track.

And I just find that some members ( a lot of times the very same ones) will challenge anyone about anything on any of the sections whether here or another section. That just appears to be in their nature.

I also realize (logically though not emotionally) that many are just having a rough time like me. And then I kind of "get my back up," really forgetting that we're all really in some major transition, and like I said to some one yesterday, "it's not a cakewalk no matter what benzo you're on, so I don't know that Valium or any other is the universal panacea."

So, it's really ok. This is a great forum. Lots of concrete info. This section is the absolute best. I'm kind of feisty myself on occasion, so I just kind of speak my mind. But not to worry. You all are doing great. Glad your w/d sx have tempered down. Gives me some "hope" that I'll be where you are at some point.

Intend

There is always hope, Intend.  ;)

[bb...]

Hope,

Intend

Intend

how are you going i just thought i woud say to you that you have done nothing wrong as such.  Please before you make any big decisions on what you are doing take into account your own personal situation.  The forum is awesome but I received some advice earlier on by the people I presumed were experts and it was sooooo bad for me made my situation ten x worse.  Also because i had read about crossing over to valium was the best i got my doctor to do it based on the information i gathered here.  So one day he just stopped my xanax and preceded to give me valium instead problem is there was no cross over just a direct c/t of the xanax the valium would have taken ages to get into my system each day was living hell on a mass proportion unfortunately he didnt read the part of the asthon manual were it said gradual reductions and took me off the valium in 18 days.  what was the point of this i should have just stopped the xanax in 18 days thats how ridiculous it all was.  So while everyone is the captain of their own ship one thing i have noticed on this forum is that people's ideas are whats best for them not necessarily whats best for you.  I know you will do well in your journey its gunna be tough but you will get there regardless of what you do.

Lizzyxx