Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Cosmic yes my pill weighs  the same each time. The same pill. 

Kiddo is right about not weighing each pill , that is what my husband said its such a small difference it makes no real difference. I'm just anal right now. I will stop weighing each pill next time I do my pills.

Kiddo  You are on liquid now?  Did you have a problem changing over ? Your on such a small dose so that is what I plan on doing when I get that low.

I feel like I read somewhere that if a pill is "scored" then the active ingredient is evenly distributed. Hopefully Laser will chime in, that's his area of expertise. You could also call the pharmacy and ask or look it up online.

The reason I never weighed my pills first was because of fillers. All pills have fillers and I knew the weight of every pill would be different. I don't think, personally, it makes enough difference because pills have to be within a certain percentage of accuracy when they are made.

If it is really upsetting you, get your pills compounded into capsules or liquid. In Ontario, my liquid cost me $78 for 30 days. You could probably be off your remaining dose in 90-120 days max....so it would cost you $312 which is peanuts if it stops the insanity and you can taper a little faster with more accuracy.  :thumbsup:

Do you need a px to get it compounded?? I would love to have it professionally done with proper accuracy.

Since when do you use liquid??

I feel like I read somewhere that if a pill is "scored" then the active ingredient is evenly distributed. Hopefully Laser will chime in, that's his area of expertise. You could also call the pharmacy and ask or look it up online.

The reason I never weighed my pills first was because of fillers. All pills have fillers and I knew the weight of every pill would be different. I don't think, personally, it makes enough difference because pills have to be within a certain percentage of accuracy when they are made.

If it is really upsetting you, get your pills compounded into capsules or liquid. In Ontario, my liquid cost me $78 for 30 days. You could probably be off your remaining dose in 90-120 days max....so it would cost you $312 which is peanuts if it stops the insanity and you can taper a little faster with more accuracy.  :thumbsup:

[/quote

hi kiddo,I'm from Ontario too ( didn't realize u were canadian too) and am taking the 0.5mg tabs .They are not scored so I,m hoping these are accurate enough re: filler distribution. I reduced the size of the pills by using a course emery board

All this scale and powder and accuracy talk is giving me a headache :)

Switch to liquid and I'm pretty confident your worries will be over. It's simple. Get your prescription from where you normally get it and take that prescription (I'm talking just the little piece of paper) to a compound pharmacy. They'll make you a liquid solution which can be divided with such accuracy it's a joke. As I've stated in this thread many times I've done it now for about 2 months and it's been smooth sailing ever since. 90% of the time I have zero symptoms and when I do they're pretty mild. Stuff like - "is that leg burn or is it just the sun coming through the windshield?" I hope it stays this way but if it doesn't I'll be able to easily adjust. I've held for 2 days in the last 40. It's really worth a try for the people who are struggling trying to get their pills divided evenly. I know when I did the scale thing for the first week or two of my taper I found it very inaccurate. Didn't feel confident at all and to me confidence is HUGE. Just my 2 cents.

GIT

Switch to liquid and I'm pretty confident your worries will be over. It's simple. Get your prescription from where you normally get it and take that prescription (I'm talking just the little piece of paper) to a compound pharmacy. They'll make you a liquid solution which can be divided with such accuracy it's a joke. As I've stated in this thread many times I've done it now for about 2 months and it's been smooth sailing ever since. 90% of the time I have zero symptoms and when I do they're pretty mild. Stuff like - "is that leg burn or is it just the sun coming through the windshield?" I hope it stays this way but if it doesn't I'll be able to easily adjust. I've held for 2 days in the last 40. It's really worth a try for the people who are struggling trying to get their pills divided evenly. I know when I did the scale thing for the first week or two of my taper I found it very inaccurate. Didn't feel confident at all and to me confidence is HUGE. Just my 2 cents.

GIT

Yeah, I'm going to do it for sure now. You guys have convinced me. The only problem is actually being able to bring my px to a pharmacy because I don't have the paper anymore. If I tell my doc why I need another and that I'm trying to taper off 0.14 she's going to laugh at me.

I'm either gonna do a compound pharmacy or do the liquid myself. How much is it costing you green?

Warrior - hi....I don't use the liquid. I'm too afraid to actually try it right now. Don't want to rock the boat  :)

Judy - yes I'm from Central Ontario. Nice to have another Canadian....there are 4 of us now...we're taking over the Ativan thread. Lol.  :laugh:

Green - thanks for your input, so happy to know you are still doing so well.  :smitten:

Cosmic - looks like you've made a decision.....that's great  :thumbsup:  Hopefully your doc will work with you or you'll have to make your own.

Omni - you sound great!!! That makes me happy. One day at a time  :)

GIT

Yeah, I'm going to do it for sure now. You guys have convinced me. The only problem is actually being able to bring my px to a pharmacy because I don't have the paper anymore. If I tell my doc why I need another and that I'm trying to taper off 0.14 she's going to laugh at me.

I'm either gonna do a compound pharmacy or do the liquid myself. How much is it costing you green?

Well I don't pay anything for it because of my health plan at work. I think it's like $80 for a month supply ($50 for the Ativan and $30 for the liquid prep). Peanuts in the grand scheme of things.

Green - thanks for your input, so happy to know you are still doing so well.  :smitten:

Thanks. I'll convert you to the "wet" side one day Kiddo.

So i had some really bad nerve burn all over my arms legs and stomach. I read somewhere that you can trick your brain from the uncomfortable sensations, so in a desperate attempt i applied tiger balm all over. BAD MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic - yeah....I would NOT suggest tiger balm. I "trick" my nerve burn with a heating pad. It doesn't take away the burn but at least my brain thinks that it's from the heating pad so it doesn't get into a panicky state.

I remember Tiger Balm. The PX carried it while I was in basic. We weren't "allowed" to have it but we bought some anyway. It was definitely helpful for pulled/strained/hurting muscles but I would NOT recommend it for nerve burn. LOL.

I remember Tiger Balm. The PX carried it while I was in basic. We weren't "allowed" to have it but we bought some anyway. It was definitely helpful for pulled/strained/hurting muscles but I would NOT recommend it for nerve burn. LOL.

Noted. Still not as bad as the time I applied tiger balm to my thighs, had a full bladder so I went to the bathroom immediately after... I failed to realize I had leftover tiger balm residue on my hands... 

Now that was an unpleasant experience.

Noted. Still not as bad as the time I applied tiger balm to my thighs, had a full bladder so I went to the bathroom immediately after... I failed to realize I had leftover tiger balm residue on my hands... 

Well Cosmic, it sounds very unpleasant  :D I had to ask Kiddo WTH is tiger balm!?! Never heard of it...sounds like you need to step away from it based on these experiences...

For the burning skin, I remember reading this in Parker's notes,  use the icy hot rub,...it cools down the skin and fools into thinking it is not burning. For me I found it worked pretty good.

But do wash it off your hands before adjusting your pocket change!  :-\

ATU

Well Cosmic, it sounds very unpleasant  :D I had to ask Kiddo WTH is tiger balm!?! Never heard of it...sounds like you need to step away from it based on these experiences...

Hahahahaha Nono tiger balm works wonders for muscle pains, tendonitis, cts, and a whole assortment of other injuries. Just not nerve burn :)

For the burning skin, I remember reading this in Parker's notes,  use the icy hot rub,...it cools down the skin and fools into thinking it is not burning. For me I found it worked pretty good.

But do wash it off your hands before adjusting your pocket change!  :-\

ATU

Lollllllllllllllll. I think I have some of that. Thanks for the input!

ROTFL!!!!! Cosmic. Get it together man. You'll need your "pocket change" for when you get married and live happily ever after  :laugh:

ROTFL!!!!! Cosmic. Get it together man. You'll need your "pocket change" for when you get married and live happily ever after  :laugh:

Since withdrawal my pocket change has remained mere pennies and dimes if you catch my drift. Hahahahahba

Just want to mention that I haven't had any hypnagogic jerks sleep starts since I've reintroduced 600mg magnesium bisglycinate and 1000mg vit c just before bed. Don't know if it's a correlation or just my cns getting used to lower doses.