Tapering off Ativan Support Thread

[Ti...]

Cosmic - just start slow with the supplements....and introduce one thing at a time. Just to be on the safe side  :thumbsup:

Well I've always been on magnesium, however like I said I ran out last week so I don't know if that's been complimenting my shitty sleep. However I've never taken vit c, I'm really curious to see if it will help.

Hahaha take it easy on the supplements. If only you saw the stash I have stored in my room of all the supplements accumulated over time. Fortunately I never took the majority of them. Although I do have a gaba supplement waiting to be open....

Kiddo  yes that does make sense ! My husband figured it out, like you did it.  GREAT JOB  making my night and morning the same ,keeping cut still at .125 mg  Pefect !    You are  my Angel !!!

So what does the scale come in grams ? If so do we divide by 100 or 1000  to get milligrams ? to see how much weight we need for the dose on the scale? I'm using 0.5 mg of Ativan tablets.  You sure have been a life saver.

Still in my wave ,up early feel like I have the benzo flu. You do feel hot at times for no reason ? I've had the coldness but now  heat comes over my body. My skin on my face feels like its burning. Is that another part of the benzo hell ? 

First night @600mg magnesium, 1000mg vit c,  18mg seroquel= 8:30 hour sleep, 80% deep sleep, 5 REM stages (sleep app), no interruptions, no nightmares, no sleep starts.

I'll keep up this regimen and see if it was just fluke/placebo or we actually have something going on here.

Kiddo  yes that does make sense ! My husband figured it out, like you did it.  GREAT JOB  making my night and morning the same ,keeping cut still at .125 mg  Pefect !    You are  my Angel !!!

So what does the scale come in grams ? If so do we divide by 100 or 1000  to get milligrams ? to see how much weight we need for the dose on the scale? I'm using 0.5 mg of Ativan tablets.  You sure have been a life saver.

Still in my wave ,up early feel like I have the benzo flu. You do feel hot at times for no reason ? I've had the coldness but now  heat comes over my body. My skin on my face feels like its burning. Is that another part of the benzo hell ? 

I'm so happy Kiddo was able to work this out for you! I'm sorry I'm little more than moral support, Warrior, my math is ghastly... I was simply trying to share that even without a scale this is very doable, and not to get discouraged...the scale comes with directions.i believe her calculations are for the weight of the pill. I'm sure she'll confirm.

Yes,the burning skin is part of the fun...I'm sorry you're still in a wave :smitten:

Saga

First night @600mg magnesium, 1000mg vit c,  18mg seroquel= 8:30 hour sleep, 80% deep sleep, 5 REM stages (sleep app), no interruptions, no nightmares, no sleep starts.

I'll keep up this regimen and see if it was just fluke/placebo or we actually have something going on here.

Nice, Cosmic, I hope this continues  :thumbsup:

How does the sleep app verify that one is in REM sleep?

Warrior - glad my math helped  :thumbsup:  the calculations I gave you are what your dose should weigh on the scale. It doesn't matter what pill you use (.50mg or 1mg) as its based on the weight of the piece in the tray. You won't need to divide or anything. There is a decimal point on the scale reader. And yes, the burning/hot skin is common.....it's what cosmic refers to as "face melting off" lol. I've had it more times than I care to think about  :laugh:

Cosmic - good job on the sleep  :)

How is everyone else on the thread? Try, Omni, Judy, Dready, H0pe, Nolan? Hope I'm not forgetting anyone....my defence is that I have benzo brain  :idiot:

Hey Kiddo,

Thanks for asking. Today I started stage 3 of the Ashton manual, 0.5mg Ativan plus 5mg of Diazepam in the morning and 10mg of Diazepam in the afternoon. Crossover is progressing really well, I didnt expect the smoothness of the process to be very good. Of course, sedation of Diazepam is catching me up at moments, but i think I have more energy that I ever had on Ativan, and also desire for work to keep me distracted. Socializing with people is still an issue, I feel better somehow alone but that will change soon I think.

In the meantime I started to taper off Effexor XR with taking one bead plus each day from the capsule, I really hate this antidepressant and I hope I will finish the taper in 4 months, because I think thats the source of all my bad and negative thoughts and its screwing my mind. Taking Omega 3 and magnesium supplements and I think that helps a lot.

Thats it, I can see you are making progress and thats great! I wish you all smooth tapers and good health.

Hi Kiddo , Hi eveyrone :) !

Last night I slept 6hours so I had a relatively good day, but did eat late and "heavy" meal tonight, and i feel i'm digesting really slowly my food, and now i had some breathing problem (Which I always have under benzo and under withdrawal when I eat too late or too much). I will try to avoid it next time as much as I could. Other than date my day was fine . I am tapering everyday 1ml of the 100ml solution (with 0,5mg Ativan). I'm at -16ml and do not have too serious withdrawal symptoms. Just bad thoughts, the heavy breathing tonight, sometimes little weird things in my chest late in the day, benzo brain too  ;)  and just fatigue, but I guess we're always more fatigued when tapering than when benzo free for a long time. And Thanks for caring  :smitten:

How are you doing yourself Kiddo ?

Also I would love to know if you have any advice to improve my sleep on a regular basis since you seem to have this aspect "on control". Do you think that's because you're dosing 5times / day your Ativan vs me dosing once a day. Or is it Diet related?

Dready - I'm so happy things are going smoothly for you during your crossover. That is absolutely wonderful  :thumbsup:

Nolan - I'm not sure what to say about sleep....I think we all get different symptoms when we taper and I've just been lucky that my sleep hasn't been affected. I'm sure it will be in the future. Saga had decent sleep throughout her taper but it isn't great now that she's benzo free. I think it's just different for everyone unfortunately.

I'm ok, thank you both for asking. I just did another drop so I have an increase in the intensity of symptoms but they should die down in a couple days. Just another day in paradise  :crazy:

Hey Kiddo,

Thanks for asking. Today I started stage 3 of the Ashton manual, 0.5mg Ativan plus 5mg of Diazepam in the morning and 10mg of Diazepam in the afternoon. Crossover is progressing really well, I didnt expect the smoothness of the process to be very good. Of course, sedation of Diazepam is catching me up at moments, but i think I have more energy that I ever had on Ativan, and also desire for work to keep me distracted. Socializing with people is still an issue, I feel better somehow alone but that will change soon I think.

In the meantime I started to taper off Effexor XR with taking one bead plus each day from the capsule, I really hate this antidepressant and I hope I will finish the taper in 4 months, because I think thats the source of all my bad and negative thoughts and its screwing my mind. Taking Omega 3 and magnesium supplements and I think that helps a lot.

Thats it, I can see you are making progress and thats great! I wish you all smooth tapers and good health.

Dready, glad your crossover is going so well! I hated all the SSRIs with a passion, good luck and good job getting rid of it!

Hi Kiddo , Hi eveyrone :) !

Last night I slept 6hours so I had a relatively good day, but did eat late and "heavy" meal tonight, and i feel i'm digesting really slowly my food, and now i had some breathing problem (Which I always have under benzo and under withdrawal when I eat too late or too much). I will try to avoid it next time as much as I could. Other than date my day was fine . I am tapering everyday 1ml of the 100ml solution (with 0,5mg Ativan). I'm at -16ml and do not have too serious withdrawal symptoms. Just bad thoughts, the heavy breathing tonight, sometimes little weird things in my chest late in the day, benzo brain too  ;)  and just fatigue, but I guess we're always more fatigued when tapering than when benzo free for a long time. And Thanks for caring  :smitten:

How are you doing yourself Kiddo ?

Also I would love to know if you have any advice to improve my sleep on a regular basis since you seem to have this aspect "on control". Do you think that's because you're dosing 5times / day your Ativan vs me dosing once a day. Or is it Diet related?

Hi Nolan, glad it's going well so far...easy does it! I think fatigue is HUGE during withdrawal,not least for me it's been constant. My sleep was great during my taper, but all bets are off now...I think it's a wild card for so many people...

How is everyone else on the thread? Try, Omni, Judy, Dready, H0pe, Nolan? Hope I'm not forgetting anyone....my defence is that I have benzo brain  :idiot:

No I'm pretty sure you got everyone!!!

Oh my god Green....I LOVE YOU!!! So sorry buddy.....my excuse is that you're doing so good I don't consider you in withdrawal  >:D. Please except my humble apologies. You smell delicious.  :smitten:

Oh my god Green....I LOVE YOU!!! So sorry buddy.....my excuse is that you're doing so good I don't consider you in withdrawal  >:D. Please except my humble apologies. You smell delicious.  :smitten:

Apology accepted. But between forgetting me and leaving your knickers all over the place you're on very thin ice young lady.

Lmfao!!!! I got the message....loud and clear. I'll be on my best behaviour from here on out  :smitten:

Thanks for giving me another chance  :angel:

Hey Kiddo, thanks for asking, I'm doing fairly well. tomorrow is day 9 which means 9% of my total dose has been titrated. No w/d so far, I hope it continues. I actually got out of the house today and went shopping with my sister, my anxiety wasn't that bad. I also managed to locate a store that sells L-Tryptophan and a large variety of delicious herbal teas. I will most definitely be returning once I get paid. I also tried an aloe vera drink that was infused with peaches. It wasn't half bad. Eating and drinking healthier while Im titrating could possibly make a difference, so Ill try and keep it up. How are you faring today? No trouble I hope?

Greetings to the rest of you as well!

Saga you've already jumped, and it has been one month congratulation. You tapered the right way it seems, and is some months from now you will be 100% healed  8) ! Stay strong i'm pretty sure that coming December 70% or more of your symptoms will be off ;)

As far as sleep is concerned. I think i did some pretty dumb stuff lately concerning eating (it wasn't clean, it was too much, and not at the right hours. And i thick it affects me. Plus I did drink coffee 1 or 2 cups a day for 2 weeks (I confess) and that's pretty dumb considering the fact that i strongly feel it while i'm withdrawing. Today I took the decision to quit it once and for all (I'm pretty sure I will suffer from headache the 1st and 2nd day ) but if it can bring me some relief in the long run, sleep/anxiety wise it will be all good.

Right now I'm reading Kiddo blog  :angel: and enjoying it !

Saga you've already jumped, and it has been one month congratulation. You tapered the right way it seems, and is some months from now you will be 100% healed  8) ! Stay strong i'm pretty sure that coming December 70% or more of your symptoms will be off ;)

As far as sleep is concerned. I think i did some pretty dumb stuff lately concerning eating (it wasn't clean, it was too much, and not at the right hours. And i thick it affects me. Plus I did drink coffee 1 or 2 cups a day for 2 weeks (I confess) and that's pretty dumb considering the fact that i strongly feel it while i'm withdrawing. Today I took the decision to quit it once and for all (I'm pretty sure I will suffer from headache the 1st and 2nd day ) but if it can bring me some relief in the long run, sleep/anxiety wise it will be all good.

Right now I'm reading Kiddo blog  :angel: and enjoying it !

Thanks Nolan, I know this is a long road...I'm trying to take it one day at a a time...I'd be happy with that time frame!

I hear you on the coffee...I still drink it in the morning. I don't really see much difference with anxiety, but if you know it affects you, it may be worth going without. You never know unless you try, right?

Kiddo how are you doing ? I hope everyone is feeling the best they can.  When I get in my window I'll write everyone's name down on paper so I can remember.  I'm still in the wave, so feel pretty bad.

I did get a massage a few days ago. Now I'm wondering if massages are bad when you are going through withdrawals ? I did it because I was feeling so anxious out of control needed to relax. Maybe that was a bad choice? Anyone know ?

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new here, haven't done my profile yet, but would like to ask people something about Lorazepam withdrawal. I began this withdrawal (had to do another one a few years ago) at 2.5 mg., then began decreasing 0.125 mg. tablet every 2 weeks. Have made 3 decreases. My pdoc wanted me to start decreasing the doses during the day, so here's my schedule:

0.5 mg. around 4 a.m. when I wake up to go to the bathroom

0.25 mg. at 11 a.m.

0.375 mg. at 4 p.m.

1 mg. at 11:00 p.m.

I can't crossover to valium because it depresses me too much and I already have a problem with depression.

Any thoughts about the unevenness of doses and whether it's important to keep them even? We were trying to leave the night and middle of the night decreases last since I had terrible insomnia with another withdrawal, but I wonder if this unevenness is a problem. Thanks so much for any input.

Iamhopeful

I feel horrendous all day until around 9:30 at night. Then I feel better, eventually take my nighttime dose, and go to sleep.

I am wondering if part of feeling so bad is because my doses are uneven. When I tapered off Lorazepam years ago, I kept them more even.

ATTENTION ATIVANERS: I just want to point out that the two people on this thread that are enjoying an (almost) symptom free taper are Omnifarious and GreenIrishTweed. Both are using liquid to daily titrate. Just thought I would point that out to anyone who is struggling. Omni makes his own liquid and Green has his compounded at a pharmacy....just a little food for thought!

Omni - So. Great. Just really, really great!!!  :)

Nolan - it doesn't hurt to try eliminating or changing the things you mentioned and see if you get good results. Good for you for taking some initiative, I hope it pay off. Glad you like my blog  :thumbsup:

Warrior - I'm ok, typical withdrawal stuff, but I'll survive. I had quite a few massages at the beginning of my taper and I did find they revved me up for a few hours afterwards but it was worth it to help with the muscle tension that often caused pain.

Iamhopeful - welcome to thread....sorry you have to be here at all, but glad you found us. I would, personally, even out my doses but it's certainly not essential. I think keeping the Ativan level in your blood stream is more conducive to a better night sleep because your body isn't fighting for homeostasis during the day. This of course is just my theory, but if you are struggling already then it certainly wouldn't hurt to try. You could still keep you last dose before bed a little larger but I would try to at least even out the daytime doses.

Thanks Nolan, I know this is a long road...I'm trying to take it one day at a a time...I'd be happy with that time frame!

I hear you on the coffee...I still drink it in the morning. I don't really see much difference with anxiety, but if you know it affects you, it may be worth going without. You never know unless you try, right?

Coffee does not affect me too much with anxiety. It just disrupt more my sleep i guess. And I go too much to the bathroom too. Today I don't touch it . I will try to be coffee free for the rest of the tapering. And maybe reintroducing it one year after being benzo free. That's really my dream :  being One year benzo free… (Even 8 month gosh !! )

This forum is really the best! You are so positive and supportive, and the success story help a lot. Knowing that it can be done , and will be done ! But you're right Saga, one day at a time !  :)

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new here, haven't done my profile yet, but would like to ask people something about Lorazepam withdrawal. I began this withdrawal (had to do another one a few years ago) at 2.5 mg., then began decreasing 0.125 mg. tablet every 2 weeks. Have made 3 decreases. My pdoc wanted me to start decreasing the doses during the day, so here's my schedule:

0.5 mg. around 4 a.m. when I wake up to go to the bathroom

0.25 mg. at 11 a.m.

0.375 mg. at 4 p.m.

1 mg. at 11:00 p.m.

I can't crossover to valium because it depresses me too much and I already have a problem with depression.

Any thoughts about the unevenness of doses and whether it's important to keep them even? We were trying to leave the night and middle of the night decreases last since I had terrible insomnia with another withdrawal, but I wonder if this unevenness is a problem. Thanks so much for any input.

Iamhopeful

I feel horrendous all day until around 9:30 at night. Then I feel better, eventually take my nighttime dose, and go to sleep.

I am wondering if part of feeling so bad is because my doses are uneven. When I tapered off Lorazepam years ago, I kept them more even.

Hi Iam,

Welcome to the thread! I'm not sure if you're feeling badly because of the uneven dosing, mine were somewhat uneven but a little closer together than yours. You're at the point where you could very easily change the first 3 to .5 each and keep your last dose at .625. The option would be to take your next reduction from the last dose again and then be even all the way around and continue in a round robin style of reductions. Something to consider...

I think most people feel the mornings are their worst time and generally feel better as the progresses. I'm the total opposite! We are all different. :smitten:

Saga

Coffee does not affect me too much with anxiety. It just disrupt more my sleep i guess. And I go too much to the bathroom too. Today I don't touch it . I will try to be coffee free for the rest of the tapering. And maybe reintroducing it one year after being benzo free. That's really my dream :  being One year benzo free… (Even 8 month gosh !! )

This forum is really the best! You are so positive and supportive, and the success story help a lot. Knowing that it can be done , and will be done ! But you're right Saga, one day at a time !  :)

Nolan, you're going to have your dream of being free a year, and you're never going back! Then you can have your coffee ,LOL... I'm generally very positive, yes, it always helps to see it can be done. I know how much it helped me...yes, the one day at a time is how I look at this process. :smitten:

Saga