tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

could someone read this and tell me what u think there are some scary things on here and some sondlike whaat im having go to   it tlaks about raashes and others i googles under can you get a rash and blisters from klonopin and this place showed up

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first of all the company that operates that site wants to sell you some very expensive supplements to supposedly make it easier to come off of benzos.  Several members have tried them and said it was a waste of money.

That being said, they do list a lot of very scary things they say are associated with taking klonopin. However, I don't know that they are all scientifically proven to be caused by klonopin and, again, they are trying to scare people into quitting so they will buy their products. Reading all this scary stuff is just feeding your fear which seems to be causing a lot of your other symptoms.

Let's say you could somehow know for sure that the rash is caused by the klonopin.  What would you do differently?  You can't cold turkey off of it.  You could call your psych doc and see if he would change your medication but you still can't just suddenly stop taking it.  As we have said over and over again, you can taper off the klonopin after you are off the xanax. 

I understand you have cut the xanax to 1/2 and that is very good.  :thumbsup: Hold that for 5-7 days and then cut another 1/4.  Before you know it you will be off the xanax and tapering off of the klonopin.

sweetpea,

I removed the link to the web site you were referring to,  it's against forum policy to post a link to a site that is a for profit.

That site would scare most anyone.  It's there to get people that are desperate in wd to buy their program.  I didn't read it all but what they were saying is the same thing we have been saying all along.  They were just very dramatic about it, it's intended to scare. 

There are many things that your body will go through while in wd.  While rashes are uncomfortable they are not life threatening and are one of the milder wd symptoms. 

I'm sure you've had some type of rash/blister before in your life and you didn't give it a lot of thought, but now that you are in wd you are obsessing over everything, which is pretty much normal to a certain degree.  You would treat this rash/blister as you would any that you had in the past.  Stress in itself can cause many symptoms, add that to wd and you can see where anything is possible. 

More toxins come out through our skin than any other organ in our body, it's not surprising that these poisons coming out are giving you a rash.

Thank you both for the positvre words,my hubby is in bed passed out and im here freaking and also i always write down when i take my meds and since we wernt home today i dint and i took my 1st klonopin later this mornign and so my 2nd one i dint take till 630 pm and i wait 8 hours to take them and now its only 8:30 p.m and im ready for bed but cant take my 3rd klonopin cause its only been 2 hours what shoould i do,i dont want to mess up and miss one like i did the other day,my pharmist says it dont hurt if you miss one dose but im afraid it will,,,and i was thinking i was exercising on our new rug the other day maybe that caused the rash im trying to think positive...please if you can advise me on what to do about my 3rd pill tonight

More than likely the rug is where the rash came from...problem solved. ;)

It's very important that you take your pills the same time everyday.  I can not stress this enough.  If you have to leave the house take them with you.  This could be a large part of your problem.  Since it's only been 2 hours since your last dose and it was 8 hours before that I would suggest that you skip this next pill.  What would be idea would be for you to take it at 2:30 to keep it leveled out.

Have you been taking your pills like this all along? 

i always take my klonopin every eight hours i think when i was on 4 pillls of then i took them ever 6 hours..do u mean 2 30 am try to take one,will it make me feel sicker to miss one,i have a funeral to go to tommorow,u know there for awhile i was down to 2 1/2 klonopin and had to go back up my dr said to 3 till i got off the xanax

To feel as good as possible tomorrow I would take a pill at 2:30am. 

If you are taking your pills every 8 hours what is your timetable?  You stated in your other post that the reason you didn't take one unitl 6:30 was because you weren't home today.  I'm a little confused.  You really need to take them the same time each day, take them with you or whatever you have to do to stay on track.

on days mu hubby works i take my klonopin at 4 30 am then every 8 hours,on days he is off i take it at about 6 or 6 30 and then every 8 hours,,my pharnist said as long as i took then ever 8 hours i never knew i had to do it the same time of dau every day just 8 hours aparrt,,i hope i can wake upa t 2 30 my hubby is alseep already and the alrm would wake him up if i sit it

im trying to think positive...

Good for you! Thinking positively will definitely make this process easier.

About the dosing, I can just tell you what I did.  At one time I was taking my lorazepam 5 times a day.  It doesn't stay in the body as long as klonopin and I would often start getting anxious when it was time to take some.  I didn't do it at the same times every day but probably within an hour or two.  For instance, at 9 am, 2 pm, 7 pm, 12 pm and 5am.  Usually I woke up naturally around 5 am and never set an alarm to make sure I took my early morning dose.  Just took it when I woke up. I used those pill containers I told you about. The ones I have have 4 compartments but one with 3 compartments (morning, afternoon, evening/bedtime) would work for you.  It really took the worry out of "did I take my pill yet" thinking.

Hope that helps.  :)

im trying to be positive but i feel like i can hardly not function......my dizziness and breathing is bad nad the wierd rash...i feel faint all the time

I know it's hard to stay positive when you don't feel well, but just keep telling yourself that you will get better.

The dizziness, faintness, breathing difficulty may mean that you are hyperventilating.  Did you try any of the things I posted the other day? The breathing through only one nostril and breathing into a small paper bag are both very easy to do. Why not give it a try?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=8418.msg108278#msg108278

my right hand is all numb,,yes im working on the hyperventalation tips....the rash has now turned into just a big blister,,,,i woke up at 3 30 am and took a 1/2 klonopin i figured i dint want a whole one as that would mess up mu dosing to day so at 9 30 am i took a whole one and im feeling BAD!! Hope i can walk right today and i have no clue what is making my hand all numb heart rate is oveer a 100

The numbness is a common anxiety and wd symptom. Try to calm down a little and it will probably get a little better. Remember to take deep breaths, and try to occupy your mind.

Are you able to get out of the house? Maybe go for a walk if it's nice. Do something today. You must try to continue living, though I know it's hard, a life because if you only dwell on these symptoms they will only get worse.

Amanda

Yes i will be getting out of the house,to a funeral for a young 19 year boy my friends sonwas killed in a car accident...why are my benzos making me ill now..before tapering they never made me feel this bad

oh also have benzos ever made one side of anyones head feel funny and one eye to feel messed up this is something i have had for years,all of the otehr things are new...i cant wait to be off this poison

alos a couple hours after thaken the meds is when i feel bad and worse anxiety they dont even help the anxiety

Yes i will be getting out of the house,to a funeral for a young 19 year boy my friends sonwas killed in a car accident...why are my benzos making me ill now..before tapering they never made me feel this bad

Aww I'm so sorry to hear about that.  The family is in my thoughts.

About tapering and feeling unwell- that's common. You are having less and less drugs in your system and your body is going through wd. Some cuts for me are ok, some are very very hard. But either way we must keep moving, have no other choice. We must get off of this crap and let the healing begin.

Amanda

oh also have benzos ever made one side of anyones head feel funny and one eye to feel messed up this is something i have had for years,all of the otehr things are new...i cant wait to be off this poison

That's good to hear about wanting to get off. This will keep you moving forward at a regular pace.

alos a couple hours after thaken the meds is when i feel bad and worse anxiety they dont even help the anxiety

How many hours after your meds do you start to feel worse?

about 2 hours worse anxiety,confusion,dizziness,blood pressure doiing all sorts of things nad dheartrate  rightside of face and head kinda numb or wierd feeling

oh im so bad head feels like it has a band around it,and my blood pressure is high and heart rate is high and so confused

That is a common wd symptom. Feeling a band around the head. It gets better.

You blood pressure and heart rate is up probably because your panicing. You gotta try to calm down and they will go down.

still bad headaches,i noticed if i break my klonopin in half and take i every 4 hours i dont seem to have the numbness and throat and cheek thing as bad, i took a whole 1 this morning and i am having all that again,i dont feel good at all and i dont know if i should  be halfing my pills and doing it that way if it will mess up my taper busy day planned today and i feel so bad,the dr took a culture on the blister on my rear

still bad headaches,i noticed if i break my klonopin in half and take i every 4 hours i dont seem to have the numbness and throat and cheek thing as bad, i took a whole 1 this morning and i am having all that again,i dont feel good at all and i dont know if i should  be halfing my pills and doing it that way if it will mess up my taper busy day planned today and i feel so bad,the dr took a culture on the blister on my rear

SP, if taking 1/2 every four hours works better for you, then by all means, do it that way!  :)

You dont hink it will matter i so which i had of taking only half this morning i am so nervous confused heartrate dizzy head feels like its burning are all these w/d symtoms? I wish i could cut back on the klonopin to 2 1/2 pills right now

[79...]