tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

If you had a heart problem I'm pretty sure your drs. would have found it by now.  Life is not fun on these drugs and you have been on them a long time.  You will only feel better once you're off, that is pretty well documented fact, that's the way it is in tolerance.  You have to get off to feel better.

I know you are waiting to go to the dr. on the 7th so in the meantime stay on a schedule with your pills.  You can't control some things in wd but you can control that.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

HI,Im having severe lower back pain,feels like my body is shutting down on me bad dizzines  i cut to 2 1/2 klonopin a few days ago dont know if i should have extrene headaches weekness drw ont call me...kidneys hurt tooo and my husband expects me to not complaon at all there is no joy in this life

also while out camping i had my hubby get me a pill and it was dark and it was a 1/2  a xanax i should have looked i hope this wont screw me up

oh still drinking the non alkie beer which has a bit of alchol but my smoking urge has gone away and im hoping the non alkir isnt bothering me

Lower back pain is pretty common, in fact it can affect all your joints but it will go away in time.  Alcohol is not a good idea in any form during wd, it works in the brain the same way that benzos do.  A lot of symptoms can be lessened by watching your diet.  It's amazing what caffeine, sugar, alcohol, and many other things can do to make our symptoms worse.

There is no joy in wd, that's why it's so important to get off the drugs.  What were you calling your dr. for?  The lower back pain?

also while out camping i had my hubby get me a pill and it was dark and it was a 1/2  a xanax i should have looked i hope this wont screw me up

Honey, if you are finished tapering off of xanax - and I think you are  - you need to throw away any remaining pills.  Taking 1/2 one time by mistake won't mess you up long term but you don't want it to happen again, do you?

You said you dropped to 2 1/2 klonopin a few days ago. Please write that on a calendar for the day you started on that dose so you will know when to make the next cut and won't need to worry about it.  If you want to cut again in a week, that would be fine or you could hold a bit longer.  You could put a date on your calendar for your next cut and see how you feel when the week is up.

I'm afraid dizziness and weakness are common w/d symptoms.  You'll be seeing your psych doc this next week, right?

Couldnt sleep,face is feeling wierd ,heart is feeling like its gonna stop,my skin is kinds havign burning sensations,ear pain back,my body is falling aprt i look in the mirror and i look like death necka nd sjouldher pain,.i cant go to ER for i know they would do nothing my lips feel funny i feel faint,im gonna lose my hubby.im scared

Oh My GOSH i got to looking where i have been writing my pill schedule i have been doing and it looks like since i started cutting in half my klonopin for my doseage i have only been taking like 2 1/2 instead of 3 since middle of july except on those days when i went back to taking them hole could that be part of why i feeel so freaking lousy im telling u all i feel like my bosy is quitting i shak when i walk and i notice different things on my body like my right side of my face has way puffiness under right eye and the left dont and my lip lines are way differnt around my mouth i feel like im going to fall all the time im dying i know it and there is no help for me  i dont even now how i should taper off my klonopin now,i do see phsy dr on aug 7..could that herpes be making me so ill

i went to er just now made him do an ekg says its fine but i can tcalm down and he wouldnt check my lower back pain

Oh My GOSH i got to looking where i have been writing my pill schedule i have been doing and it looks like since i started cutting in half my klonopin for my doseage i have only been taking like 2 1/2 instead of 3 since middle of july except on those days when i went back to taking them hole could that be part of why i feeel so freaking lousy ...

Taking different amounts on different days can make withdrawal symptoms worse.  If you have been at 2 1/2 pills since mid-July, you could be ready for another cut.  Since you have .5mg tablets, you can cut those in quarters and start taking 2 1/4 tablets for a week or two.  I know it's scary to keep reducing the klonopin when you feel so bad but I am convinced that it is part of why you feel ill, so the less of it the better. 

i went to er just now made him do an ekg says its fine but i can tcalm down and he wouldnt check my lower back pain

sweetpea, we've tried to explain to you that the symptoms you're having are from wd.  While it's good to have anything checked out that really concerns you it's not good to keep going to the ER and drs. over and over for the same thing.  They will eventually assume all is well with you and miss the important stuff if something should come up in the future.  You see what I mean? 

I know you feel really bad and these drugs are messing with your brain and body but realize that it's wd symptoms, it's a "symptom" you are experiencing from the drugs, not an actual illness/disease. 

Please get your pill in a pill box and stay on a schedule.  You will feel so much better if you would do that.  :smitten:

But everyone i talk to say oh u shouldnt feel so bad i went off that and i was ok even stopping cold turkey why am i having such a hard time i took a whole klonopin and my mouth feels so wierd and its all raw on top and my lips feel funny and i can tsmoke naymore would withdrawal cause klonopin to do wierd things to me?

Yes, klonopin wd will do that to you.  Some people can come off this stuff with no problem, but you are not one of them.  Your body can not handle the drugs anymore.  You are in what we call 'tolerance', your body can not tolerate the drugs, they are toxic to your system. 

I've said this many times but it's still true today.  The only way you are going to feel better is to get off the klonopin.  That's why were are encouraging you to stick with your taper.

By taking a whole one here and a half one there with no schedule of dose or time is only hurting you.  You are hurting yourself by continuing on this way.

Ok so nomore 1/2 at a time i figure once my dr gives me taper  instructions being on a whole will be better do u? I do take tehm every 8 hours....even when i was halfing it  i did 1/2 every 4 hours,,as for as time period that varies as i dont alwayas get up at the same time does that matter or as long as the hour period is the same..so u think this drug is toxic to me...then i need to get off it this time i ahve been on it since april 23 before that  i was on it from june 07 till jan o8 will that matter,,,,could it kill me and so thats what is making me feel so ill,maybe it wasnt so much the xanax withdrawwal but its the klonopin? I know it has always made me depressed,my fear is that since i ahve always been on pills how do i learnt o deal witht he anxiety and fear whne im on no meds i mean i know they arent helping me,,,but my body must be craving them..I pray i get better before i lose muy love of my life,,,,i so wish i could share all this u tell me with him but he dont want to hear it,,,says im the one that did this to myself i have to deal with it,he will support me but its not his fault he says

When I say toxic I mean that your body can't process it the way it used to.  No, it will not kill you.

It will not harm you in any way except to make you feel exactly like you are feeling now.

oh anyone have a taper schedule for mr to get off klonopin...what has happened to eljay she seemed to know

Ok, the recommended way to taper is 10% every 10-14 days.  eljay is still around, on different post she has given you tapering advice, you need to follow it. 

You've been on 2 1/2 mg a day, spread out every 8 hours,  for 2 weeks now, is that right?  For us to advise you we need to know exactly what you are doing.

Yes i would say that is about right i think there was a couple days i took 3 pills....and you know whne i i split tehm in half it was 1/2 pill every 4 hours but still 1 pill in 8 hours and i wonder where that post is from eljay i was thinking it was on xanx

i so wish i could share all this u tell me with him but he dont want to hear it,,,says im the one that did this to myself i have to deal with it,he will support me but its not his fault he says

No, it's not his fault, but it's not yours either.  The drugs have done this to you but you have to get yourself out of it.  

Don't worry about what will happen when you get off the drugs.  You can deal with that when the times comes and more than likely you won't have the fear/anxiety you think you'll have.  Most people don't.  The drugs cause those symptoms.

sweetpea, you are stating you are on 2 1/2 pills a day, is that right?  If you are on 2 1/2 pills a day, and each pill is .5, you are down to 1 1/4 mg of Klonopin.  Is this correct?? 

Oh My GOSH i got to looking where i have been writing my pill schedule i have been doing and it looks like since i started cutting in half my klonopin for my doseage i have only been taking like 2 1/2 instead of 3 since middle of july except on those days when i went back to taking them hole

She posted this tonight, eljay.

OK, if you are sure you have been taking 2 1/2 pills for two weeks, then you can go to 2 1/4 pills a day for the next two weeks. This is 1.125mg

Oh My GOSH i got to looking where i have been writing my pill schedule i have been doing and it looks like since i started cutting in half my klonopin for my doseage i have only been taking like 2 1/2 instead of 3 since middle of july except on those days when i went back to taking them hole

She posted this tonight, eljay.

Thanks Beep

i took a whole klonopin at 3 pm its 8 pm and im having the worst anxiety and headache i have had this made 2 klonopin.i need to tske teh other 1/2 but cant wait 8 hours i dont think any ideas

[33...]