tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

I apologise for my spelling,,,my little pinky on my right hand is all messsed up another reason to think i have had a stoke,i just cant see feeling this bad when i have only cut that last xanax for a few days....and also i have sores in my mouth,,,,,i need to start getting off this klonopin too but i forgot how my dr said do it

Sweetpea,

As soon as you are done with xanax, then you can start tapering the klon.

How to do it:

Quarter one of your .5mg pills.

Then you will take (2) 0.5mg pills, plus (3/4's) 0.5mg pills. So for your first cut, you will take 2 and 3/4ths pills every day.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.how do u all know so much about these meds,,I think u seem to know a heck of a lot more than drs or pharmacists..Thanks

yes im slowly tapering the xanax,i hadnt cut it back as many days as i thought thats why i dont understand why i feel worse and have all these wierd things going on.i even called my dr office and said i just dont know if i can go on gosh i had to quick change that as she thought i was talking suicede im very depressed but i love my hubby and kids and woudlnt kill myself but i must find help over this depression and im so afraid of pills i dont now how i will take a antidepressant

yes im slowly tapering the xanax,i hadnt cut it back as many days as i thought thats why i dont understand why i feel worse and have all these wierd things going on.i even called my dr office and said i just dont know if i can go on gosh i had to quick change that as she thought i was talking suicede im very depressed but i love my hubby and kids and woudlnt kill myself but i must find help over this depression and im so afraid of pills i dont now how i will take a antidepressant

SP, it is possible that the particular antibiotic you had been taking may have increased your wd symptoms temporarily. It is commonly known to do that.

That said, you will get better. Things will calm down honey. I know it's bad right now, but I promise you this will not last forever. You will recover and heal. Please know that, even if you don't believe it yet.

((((hug))))) 

i have felt so bad the last two days i went to md yesterday he basically ignored he listedend to my heart said its fine but i feel like im having a heartattack my face is all numb feeling on one side and im so dizzy im usually not this dizzy,,,i dont now where to turn no since going badk to dr here as we only have 3 and they all work together,i havnet changed much of myu taper why am i so bad and im so scared

oh eljay im so scared i cant feel my right side of my face  my head hurts in my right jaw hurts and my eyes are all blurry and this dizziness my lips are numb too i think i have hadd a stroke,i dont know if i should go to the medical dr as i saw 1 yesterday and we have 3 but they all work out of the same clinic,,i dont know what to do...i think i only took 3 or 4 of those antibotics and i was on the prednisone too which my pshy dr told me i should never have taking it....im wanting to take more xanx to see if that would help me...im at a loss..and i was on tha t antibotic the 4 5 and 6th of july i think

oh eljay im so scared i cant feel my right side of my face  my head hurts in my right jaw hurts and my eyes are all blurry and this dizziness my lips are numb too i think i have hadd a stroke,i dont know if i should go to the medical dr as i saw 1 yesterday and we have 3 but they all work out of the same clinic,,i dont know what to do...i think i only took 3 or 4 of those antibotics and i was on the prednisone too which my pshy dr told me i should never have taking it....im wanting to take more xanx to see if that would help me...im at a loss..and i was on tha t antibotic the 4 5 and 6th of july i think

It sounds like you didn't take very many of those antibiotics, so that's a good thing. But yes, as I mentioned before, pred also can cause problems, even in the best of circumstances. Even so, this doesn't mean you won't heal. You will. I know you are scared.

I think if you had a stroke, I"m pretty certain the doctor yesterday would have detected something. Severe anxiety, caused by wd, can cause all the sx you are describing, honestly.

I don't think taking more xanax is the answer though. 

i know you cant give medical advice but im sure wondering if i had a stroke night before last and yesterday morning i should say mini strokes,i just dont know if i should go back to the drs here.Do u think its just withdrawal as the dr said yesterday,he listened to my heart and told me its all withdralal,but i havent cut much back on anything to make me feels so worse unless it builds up...any thoughts did u ever feel like this my right side of my face is numb,and i know i have had this before but i had those awful waves of dizziness like dizziness i never had before,,,it was like the world moved,,,so wierd and i havent been the same since....all that med dr would say yesterday was withdrwals..i dont get it ,,,why do i feel wworse

oh and when i do get to start tapering my klonopin how long do u think i will have to tapeer before im off it,,,i hate it

I cant give you medical advice. Alot of it sounds like wd though. The dizziness, the world moving. I've felt like I've been on a boat (as someone else put it) before and it's uncomfortable but when you acknoledge that it's wd it seems to fade away a little. Or atleast freak you out less.

On how long it will take you to taper it depends on how your body responds to cutting down. You might be able to go the 10% every 2 weeks or you may have to go 5% every 2 weeks or even less if it comes to that.

Dont worry much about how long it will take, just keep moving forward with it and get off this crap.

Hope you feel better soon!

Amanda  :smitten:

Thanks the more imput the more it helps me,im still worried about the stroke thing so i guess i will go to the dr here..its just my face feels so funny and my vision is all wierd..hope they cant put me away in a mental hospital beccause i have been to the dr so much lately

what a waste of money i went to the med dr,he said no stroke that i wouldnt be able to walk in there and there would be weekness and confusion i told him im having the numbness on the right side of face and confusion and he said i should not be going off the klonopin and xanax and i should not taper no more,till i talk to my pshy dr,i tried to tell him my pshy dr wants me off the meds...oh im so cinfused and feel so bad..and then i heard that if im botht he klonopoin and xnaxa much longer i will have sh-- to pay,,that was from someone in my support group i dont now what that meant

Sweetpea  :smitten:

I'm glad you got checked out.  Surely you didn't want to have a stroke so it should be good news to be assured by a doctor that you have not had one.  As you said, your psych doc wants  you off the xanax first and then the klonopin.  That's what we have said as well.  You just have to keep plugging away at your taper and you will get better.  You need to do it for yourself, your daughter and your hubby so you can have a good life together. You can do it.  :thumbsup:

Thanks yea such as he checkedd me out he looked in my eyes thats about it,I just dont know why i feel so sick and dizzy i have not been this dizzy in forever and i dont feel like eating i have dry mouth and almost like sores in my mouth and no concentration and i feel like im shrinking how wierd is that,,why would i get all these wierd effects now i started tapering in april,,,i dont get it

oh i was told by a pharmisist its ok to drink non alkie beer with xanax and klonopin i know there is a small percent of alchol like 0.5 by volume,so what do u all think///i have been drinking it the past year

Even though the % alcohol is small, I wouldn't drink it while I was tapering benzos.  Why don't you try laying off it for a week or so and see if you don't feel somewhat better?  It's worth a try, right?

sweetpea, just to be on the safe side, and trying to get you more stable, why not avoid all alcohol? 

My system got so sensitive that I changed my lifestyle to include only natural foods, no preservatives, no drugs, no supplements, no alcohol, etc.  I had to rule out everything that might cause even the smallest upset.  I had to stop eating salad dressings because of soy, I'm just now adding it back in my diet and only in small amounts.  I don't use anything with alcohol in it, ex. mouthwash, cold meds. etc.  It's amazing what's in foods that we never gave a second thought to before but now affect us. 

It took me months to figure it all out because I couldn't believe that things I had been doing and eating forever were now making me sick.  It better now but while I was in severe wd I stayed away from it all.

:smitten: Ts

[52...]

((((Sweetpea))))

You do sound like you are having a really hard time, I am so sorry.

I honestly feel that the avelox that you took has made your symptoms worse.  Sometimes the a/b can interact with the benzo so that it doesnt work all that well and that could be the reason that you are feeling so very sick.  It even continues to linger on for sometime after the antibiotic is finished unfortunately.  :(

I just wanted you to know so that you weren't continually worrying that there was something else besides a severe withdrawal going on.

Please take care and try and rest and not worry as much as you can, although easier said than done I know.  This horrible time will pass eventually SP.

If you have any other questions about it then just let us know.

Much love to you

Vicky

[52...]
Hi SP, I have merged all of your threads together because they were very similar, but on different boards. It makes it easier for us to help you if you post about about how you are feeling in one thread. :thumbsup::)

[6a...]

Dizziness is the ONE w/d symptom that has been plaguing me since this all started. The whole vestibular effect from benzo use is temporary, which is why it goes away from time to time, but it's abso-freaking-annoying and I hate it with a passion. I would personally avoid all alch. period until you're over this - even now, I can't drink (which is fine, but I miss my wine). It will help you, believe me.

-Pete

why would the foods and things we drink mess us up during a taper...i dont know how i would change my diet......does everyone have to do this? I have sores in my mouth and i think its from the klonpin  dont know

Woke up this morning with my tounge burning and i feel like i have sores in my mouth every day is worse if my pshy dr calls i dont know what i should even tell him,,,and like i ask last night does everyonedo like TS and change their diet during a taper how would we know what we are eating or drinking has been bad for us

[83...]