tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

Sweetpea -

I'm not a medical person but I can tell you what I'd  probably do if I felt as you do.  I wouldn't take the risk since the drug can't cure the underlying cause.  I had shingles many years ago which is another kind of herpes.  There wasn't any treatment for it then (I'm not sure about now) and eventually it went away.  My doc also said it probably erupted due to stress.  I guess I've been handling stress better since then because it never came back.

You have to do what you think is best for you. Since you are fearful of meds, that may be another reason to avoid adding a new one. You already have enough worry going on, don't you?

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

im freakin and yes i have enough to worry about this upsets me so bad....the pharmissits said an allergic reaction to this med happens like 1 in i can tremember so mehuge #but they said i need to take it to get my body to do what its suppose to be doing and that it migh have been brought on by the prenisone the pills are huge 1000 mg and im suppose to take 2 a day..im afraid to google it to much valtrex its called...why me?

Maybe my tounge neck throaat thing is from the herpes? I know nothing about it and i have been reading about it i dont know if it is the HSV1 or HSV 2 and the drs office isnt calling me back and im afraid if i take the med i will totally freak out...and i looked a some pictures and i dont think my bump on my butt looks like the picture but its in a hard place to see but when it happened i dont hink there were several little blisters there was a rasha nd tehn abump with a blister that popped

maybe i have an infection aan thats why i feel sso bad

Yes, a herpes infection can definitely make you feel bad. It's a virus. It's very possible this is what is going on with you. 

Maybe my tounge neck throaat thing is from the herpes?

Yes, if you have sores in your mouth and throat, and they have diagnosed the other blister as the herpes virus, then it could also be in your mouth. Didn't they check your mouth?

This is something you must discuss with your doc.

But the virus will go dormant again in a while, with or without the medication. the medication just speeds things up a bit.   

The dr did look down my throat and he said it was fine but when he was looking at my sore on my rear crack he said "i have never seen nothing like this before" makes me wonder how he told the lab the test to culture for,,,im so scared of the med its a huge pill 1000 mg.its called valtrex and the pharmissit said it should not mess with my tapeer.....im making my self crazy over whether to take it or not,,,,,,,,on on ehand it might help and make me feel better on the other hand mu fear of meds it could push me over the edge..if i take it the sore should be gone in like 3 days otherwise it could take a couple weeks.......any words?

The dr did look down my throat and he said it was fine but when he was looking at my sore on my rear crack he said "i have never seen nothing like this before" makes me wonder how he told the lab the test to culture for,,,im so scared of the med its a huge pill 1000 mg.its called valtrex and the pharmissit said it should not mess with my tapeer.....im making my self crazy over whether to take it or not,,,,,,,,on on ehand it might help and make me feel better on the other hand mu fear of meds it could push me over the edge..if i take it the sore should be gone in like 3 days otherwise it could take a couple weeks.......any words?

Listen, Let me just tell you my own point of view. I think taking it will make you feel better. I don't think it will mess with your taper. it actually might help. I can't promise you anthing, just going out on a limb here, and giving you my opinion. Knowing your diagnosis, I honestly thing this may be why you have been feeling so horrendous. IMO, Give the meds a try, sp. 

[3d...]

Hi SP,  :)

Something else I wanted to say to you.  STOP looking for advice and help about withdrawal and symptoms from doctors and pharmacists who know NOTHING about it.  A lot of you problem sweetpea I recognise from reading your posts, is that you are seeking help and advice from those who don't understand about withdrawal and this is making you very confused.  All the confusion is doing is making your anxiety and already severe symptoms even worse.  I can understand your need an desire to want to get help and assistance from these different professions.  But you have to remember, that most do not even recognise that a benzo withdrawal syndrome exists to the extent that it does, and will dismiss the symptoms out of hand as not being withdrawal related, just as your pharmacist is doing by insisting that you vision problems have no relation to benzo withdrawal, when quite clearly they DO.

Along with many others, benzo and other psyche drug withdrawal has left me with a dirty taste in my mouth regarding the medical profession.  When I was in withdrawal all I used my doctor and pharmacist for was access to the drug I needed to withdraw from.  Other than that I just kept well away altogether.

There is far more knowledge on these benzo forums and the Ashton Manual about benzo withdrawal than from any doctor or pharmacist and this is where you should be getting your advice and help from.  Listening to all these other people is not helping you.  :(

Hi sweetpea,

My cousin has herpes. Everytime she get an outbreak, it's on the crack of her butt. She also takes valtrex and her sore is gone in days.She also was tapering off xanax during atleast one outbreak I know this because we talk and work together. She also has a daughter and her doctor told her to make sure she always wipes the toilet seat with bleach when she uses the bathroom,So her daughter won't get it. I'm sure your doctor told you if you have a sore you need to be causious of that. Anyways, she has been ok and dealt with this for years. You also will be fine. But, you really need to get your strees level down. Your body is begging you to let it heal. You need to listen to it. Good luck :thumbsup:

no my dr told me nothing about it when he did the culture he was puzzled at what it could be im surprised he knew what to ahve the lab check for,the nurse just called and told me i have it and to take this med,i told her i was scared becaue im afraid of meds and she said if i dont take it it will just take it longer to heal,,,,,,,,,,,its such a high amount of meds 1000 mg.im afraid i will be allergic to it,trying to decide or not to take it

i guess there are 2 types of herpes i have no clue which i have im pretty sure its not genital herpes as i have no sore in that area...my husband is no help he said well just dont take the med....im just wondering if it will spread if i dont take it

I don't think anyone here can help you with that.  We are not medical professionals and only know about tapering from benzos from reading and other forum members.  You need to ask the doctor or nurse your questions about your infection.

I took the pill last night i am so sick this morning not sure from what,but awful headache cant think and my head is burning and feels like im gonna pass out

Your med did have some listed side effects so that could be the problem.  Your cns was already sensitive so it may have had more of an effect on you but it should relieve other symptoms related to the infection.  It make take a little time for it to settle for you.

Im here all alone and im afradi to take the valtrex as my right eye is all messed up hard time seeing out of it andi feel very dizzy..the nurse told me i dont have to take it if im afraid (she told me this yesterday) Im very shakey..she said if i dont take it it will just take longer to go away,im wondering about my eye pain if it has he virus in it or if if from the medicine its awful kinda my face feels likes it is burning and im nauesared

..the nurse told me i dont have to take it if im afraid (she told me this yesterday) Im very shakey..she said if i dont take it it will just take longer to go away,

I think she probably meant to make a decision to take it or not take it.  Starting and stopping meds is not a good idea, regardless of what kind of meds they are, and especially in wd.  You might want to call the dr. office just to make sure.

I just decided to take the 2nd valtrex and im feeling so dizzy its been maybe 1/2 hour since i took it,i talked to teh nurse and she said i should if i was gonna have side effects that  they would be stomach related,,,maybe its my fear of meds doing this to me..........i pray i make it thru the day,there are things i need to do and im just sitting here in fear..and im to dizzy to drive and my mouth feels funny what if it starts closing off what would i be able to do here all alone im being a pain again i know

It's the anxiety from your fears of taking meds that's causing the numbness and breathing problems.  Try the breathing, relaxation exercises and see if that helps with the anxiety, sometimes it takes more than once.  Once you get better at it the anxiety/panic will release sooner. 

my cheeks are all tingly feeling i think i am allergic but wont go to my quack drs here,i think its that antplapict shock kind of allergic reaction i know i spelled that wrong

Sweetie you';ve been having tingles for weeks now. I dont think your allergic to it. I think this is your anxiety thats causing it.

Please try to calm down. Your ok

Amanda

my cheeks are all tingly feeling

That is a very, very common effect of anxiety.  Working yourself up before taking a med is certainly adding to your side effects.  Everything we do and feel in life has some type of physical affect on us, wheather good or bad, it shows up in our body somewhere.  As Amanda says, you've been having these for weeks now, and if you were allergic you would have been to the ER by now.  

[3a...]