tapering off klonopin

[sw...]

Also something i still dont understand is how can i have such awful withdrawals and feel so bad when im still on the klonopin and still on some xanax,i feel like im dying and im losing my mind..please any ideas or words

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, Sweetpea.  :smitten:

You mentioned the sores in your mouth the other day.  When you went to the doc., did he look in your mouth?  You might consider seeing your dentist.  They sometimes have good insight into the causes of things like that.  I have a friend that gets them from time to time as was told they are related to one of her medicines.  Don't remember which one. I don't think she has the burning tongue, though I have read of a lot of people here who get a burning sensation in various places throughout their bodies.

About the diet, I'm sure not everyone changes their diet completely. I think we have individually found by trial and error what makes us feel better and what makes us feel worse.  For instance, I get too anxious on caffeine so I cut that out but others have said that they do fine having a couple of cups of coffee.  Besides staying away from alcohol, which everyone on a benzo should do, there aren't any hard and fast rules.  

About how bad you are feeling:  It could be that the antibiotic you took had a bad reaction with the benzos.  Some antibiotics do that.  The prednisone is out of your body by now so I don't think that has anything to do with how you feel now.  Hopefully you will start seeing some improvement soon.

Take care.  :)

Im losing it,,,,,what is going on with me i have been to 2 medicval drs in teh past 2 days and they say its alla niety and withdrawal as i said i dont get the withdrawal as im still on benzos whats up with that..and i think i only took 3 of those awful antibotics 4 at the most...im so afraid and my pshy hasnt called me yet...where did all of you find out so much about benzos and tapering i swear you know more than the drs!! Advice any would help i cant calm down and im shaking and a lady told me i could have had a mini stroke and thee would be no signs so now im really scared

Im losing it,,,,,what is going on with me i have been to 2 medicval drs in teh past 2 days and they say its alla niety and withdrawal as i said i dont get the withdrawal as im still on benzos whats up with that..and i think i only took 3 of those awful antibotics 4 at the most...im so afraid and my pshy hasnt called me yet...where did all of you find out so much about benzos and tapering i swear you know more than the drs!! Advice any would help i cant calm down and im shaking and a lady told me i could have had a mini stroke and thee would be no signs so now im really scared

By the very definition of a mini stroke (called a Transient Ischemic Attack or TIA), is there are no after effects. So you would not have any post symptoms. Whatever you are feeling now isn't from a mini stroke. What you are feeling is severe wd sx. You are getting the worst of it sweetpea. You just have to hang in there and bare it. It won't last forever. I'm sorry you are going thru this.  :(

Sweetpea you must try to calm down. You DID NOT have a mini stroke, I;m sure the doctor would have noticed something out of the ordinary. Did you start tapering xanax? If you did then your having less of that in your system, your body is now used to klono and xanax so you cutting down even a little is going to give you some wd symptoms. Please take a couple deep breaths, have some chamo tea, walk a little or take a nap. Anything to keep yourself calm. I know it's hard but you must try. Your working yourself up even more. Amanda

i have actully cut only to 3/4 of xanax i ahve done 1/2 mg too but i get so confused.........the dr looked in my pupils would he have been able to tell if i had a mini stroke that way........i dont know whhy i feel so bad that is not hat much of a cut....i know i need of teh xanax.but my body is freaking so and im losing my mind and my dr wont call me and i feel so sick i can barely funtion..............i dont understand im still on the klonopin why wont it help me,,Please i know u guys can only do so much.u know at first i was on 4 pills of klonopin and i did drop down to 3 but thats been quite awhile ago then i made it to 2 1/2 and was told to go back to 3 till off the xanax....why do i have such trouble stopping the xanax,,im so afraid i will end up in a mental hospital and i cant do that

SP -

I lot of people find they feel better when they have reduced their benzo intake.  After I had been reducing about 2 months, I definitely felt better.  I don't think you are going to feel better staying on the same doses.  You can't keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. 

It's not good to go back and forth on your xanax doses.  You need to stay at 1/2 mg xanax for a few days and then cut another 1/4.  I know it's hard when you feel so bad and so scared but you can do it.  :thumbsup:

i started tapering in april and im feeling worse......matter of fact i think it was in may i had tapered off some klonopin but they had me go back on 3 pills till im off the xanx  im having the worse day of my life today.....why am i worse u felt better after a few months tapering and i feel worse

beeper are u saying i should be tapering off the klonopin too,,,,,,,,,,before im off the xanax...like i said its been since april and im just now starting to feel the worst ever this past week i dont get it

beeper are u saying i should be tapering off the klonopin too,,,,,,,,,,before im off the xanax...like i said its been since april and im just now starting to feel the worst ever this past week i dont get it

I don't think beeper said that, sweetpea. You should get off the xanax first, then begin your klonopin taper when you are ready.

eljay as soon as i take a klonopinmy lips go numb and my neck and thraot feel like they are sweelen,but i saw a dr and he says im not allergic to it but he always blows me off i talked to my pharmicist and he thinks its my anxiety,,itscares me becuase i can feel how my neck and troat and cheels feel i feel so helpless

beeper are u saying i should be tapering off the klonopin too,,,,,,,,,,before im off the xanax

No, honey. All I wrote about was decreasing your xanax to 1/2 for a few days then cut to 1/4.   

oh ok

and do u have any thoughts on why just as soon as i take my klonopin my lips go numb my throat and neck feel like theya re getting big and my cheeks feel funny..i know my dr told me its not an allergic reaction but thses drs here jsut blow me off and as i leave i feel like they r laughing at me im desparate as therre is nothing i can do i cant just stop it cold turkey

I don't really know why you are getting those symptoms when you take the klonopin.  Numbness is a symptom often associated with benzos since they affect the nervous system.

The only thing that I can think of for you to do is to finish tapering off the xanax and then start tapering off the klonopin.  It is not good to keep having 2 benzos in your system this long.  Remember, you were put on the longer-acting klonopin to help you drop the xanax. 

Are you still taking 3/4 mg xanax/day or do you sometimes take 1/2?  It is important to know how much you are taking daily.  I used pill containers I got from the drugstore and would fill them each week for the coming week.  I don't have a very good memory and am sometimes confused so the pill containers help me relax about taking the same amount every day.  Just a suggestion.  :)

so far today i have only taking 1/2 a xaanx there is this guy in anotehr site telling me im not on a enough klonopin to cover the xanax withdrawal and i should ask my dr to up my klonopin to 1 mg 3 times a day i explained to him how klonopin depressed me and how it makes my lips neck amd throat feel....i dont know why im ahving such a time

It's not a bad thing for a short while. Many people here have slowly substituted valium for their usual benzo so they have two different kinds of benzos in their system all the while they are crossing over to valium.  I just don't want you to get stuck where you are and end up on more benzos that you started with. At some point your doc is likely to stop prescribing the xanax because he expected you to taper off of it with the klonopin.  And you don't want to have to stop xanax suddenly.  Trust me on this.

SP you are not the only one having a hard time so you are not alone.  We all have our days.  As far as the sores in your mouth, my mouth has been sore during my taper but they are just sore it goes away.  You are having withdrawls.  I have them about every 3 days after I make a cut in my dose.  You have to get stable on your meds.  You can not skip doses or take more or take less.  Take the amount you are suppose to.  That is the only way you will stabilize and that is the only hope of getting through the withdrawls.  Every time you cut you will feel it for awhile.  You are not dying and you need to stop thinking that way.  It is hell but you will stabalize.  You really need to read and listen to what the moderators say to you.  That is why they are moderators they have helped and heard from so many individuals.  If you do not listen they can not help you.  They keep telling you what you need to do but you keep asking them the same questions.  You need to calm down and do as they advise it will help you when you listen to them.  You are having major anxiety due to the way you feel that is real.  You have to try to make your self think of other things not just your feelings.  If you don't they just magnify your symptoms.  I'm not saying this is easy to do but the busier you are the better you will feel.  Please try to stablize and I think you will feel the difference.

Good Luck!!

mal

I have been on 2 benzos since april 23 is that too long?

I really don't know, sweetpea.  I just know it isn't good for you and you need to continue tapering off of the xanax.

Im so afraid im allergic to the klonopin and thats why i get the numb lips and cheeks feel funny and necka nd throat....but im not dead from it yet and i wish i could relax about it because i know i cant just stop it,i went to my counsler she thinks im not ready to come off meds and i should go back on xanax.oh im so confused and scared.I guess as soon as i swallow my pill my lips would not go numb right away if it was an allergic reaction,i would think it would have to get in my blood stream...and my counsler sais i should be feeling better not worse,,,,,,i have no clue.i thank you all for your advice and i am so sorrry if im such a pain....i just need to get over teh fear of the klonopin thing

You are not a pain but you need to listen to their advice. If your lips going numb is a side effect, other than it feeling weird it will go away.  All the weird feelings will stop once you taper.  Understand that they are just uncomfortable feelings.  You will not die from it.  Again I stress you need to stabilize and continue to cut your xanax first and then see how you feel.  You can do it but you need to see the light at the end of the tunnel and know that you are getting better even if you are having bad sensations.  Hang in there and listen to the moderators they know what they are talking about.

mal

i just need to get over teh fear of the klonopin thing

You are so right about the fear thing, sweetpea.  This fight is largely mental.

And you are NOT a pain; you are someone in pain: emotional, mental and physical.  Focus on what you can control which is mostly how you think about what is going on.  Decide what day you are going to reduce to 1/2 xanax and then do it.  Then,n decide to think of the sensations you get when you are tapering off the xanax and klonopin as coming from your brain healing.  I think that is mostly true though I can't prove it.  Anyway, it does help if you can find a way to make something positive out of it.

I know you have a least 2 good reasons to want to get well.  And you will.  :)

How wierd is this i just took my 1/4 of a xanax and as soon as i took it i started sneezing,,,im beginning to think i am allergic to teh benzos,,,oh and what will i do if i am my lips are numb already so its xanax and klonopin i cant stop then what will i do ...how can i stop it if its mental and the dizziness that comes with it....Beeper thank u for you words but this is too wierd.,,,,do u think im allergic to them

mal.i have been tapering still i cut my xanax from 1 mg to 3/4 mg and i jut took 1/4 and started sneezing and my lips went numb do u think im having allergic reaction to benzos now

[97...]