• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [sw...]

• [Be...]

• [tr...]

• [el...]

Top Posters In This Topic

,,,maybe its my fear of meds doing this to me

I think that's quite possible, honey. Our minds really have a huge influence on how our bodies feel.  That's why we keep urging you to practice relaxation and slow, deep breathing to calm down. 

I know it's scary to be alone when you feel like this. Try to distract yourself so you stop thinking about how bad you feel.  Are some of the things you need to do today in the house?  Pick one and do it for 15 minutes and then keep going if you feel like it.  I can do most anything for 15 minutes.  ;D

i got up and made some brownies and im watering the tomatoes but i feel so ill and im still having a hard time breathing

Two of my favorite things: tomatoes and brownies.  Not at the same time, of course.  :laugh:

Good for you!  Even though you feel bad you pushed through it and got some things done.  Well done.  :thumbsup:

yum tomatoes with lots of salt (love love salt  :D) and brownies (also love love chocolate!).

Atleast you did something! That;s a good step. I know you dont feel well but the more you do the more your mind will be occupied and that's the a really good thing during wd.

I went to the dr here and just as i thought he blamed it all on anxiety said i wss not having a hard ttime breathing,,,and my pulse rate was 69 here at home it was 116,,,i feel horrible when i got home i talked to teh dr who gave me the valtrex and told him how awful it was making me feel and he said NO ITS NOT you are doing it,,,,u r causing the dizziness And he said him and my pshy dr had talked and my pshy dr said i should go back up on tghe xanax,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im so confused and he told me it didnt matter what kind of herpes it is that either 1 or 2 is treated teh same way with the valtrex,,,,and if i get another outbreak then they will check it fo r what kind it is.Im freaking out i dont want to take the valtrex....as i understand it it will just make it clear up faster

What did your doctor advise about stopping the valtrex after you've started taking it?

I know you still don't believe it, but anxiety and what it can do to your body is causing many of your symptoms or, at the very least, making them worse.  I'm not saying nothing else is going on but you are literally making yourself sick.  I wish I could touch you with a magic wand and take away all your fear.

As far as your psych doc recommending that you increase the xanax, you know what we think about xanax but, as always, it is up to you. Try to calm yourself down, sweetpea.  I'm really afraid that if you take enough xanax to dull your anxiety, you will be knocked out.

sp, both your drs. and everyone here agree that it's anxiety causing your problems.  Now what is causing the anxiety?  Wd from xanax and klonopin will cause anxiety and your fears are making it worse. 

I believe you have hit tolerance (I don't know if this has been mentioned before) and the only way to get better is to get off.  I don't agree with your dr. about upping the xanax but he doesn't know what else to tell you.  He really has no clue as to what's going on and is telling you all he knows--more drugs.

Many of us have been down this road, they prescribe more drugs, different drugs etc but getting off of them doesn't cross their minds.  They don't believe you can be addicted but we all know differently. 

oh im not going to up my xanx

im just wondering if i should keep taking the valtrex..im scared of how it makes me feel but im scared of the herpes spreading also....the dr said if i wa going to have the  bad kind of allergic reaction the shock kinf i would have already had it im just wondering if it is messing up my right eye and now my tounge is sore

im just wondering if i should keep taking the valtrex..im scared of how it makes me feel but im scared of the herpes spreading also....the dr said if i wa going to have the  bad kind of allergic reaction the shock kinf i would have already had it im just wondering if it is messing up my right eye and now my tounge is sore

I believe you posted that you were having these symptoms before you took the valtrex.  I don't think your symptoms have really changed since you took the valtrex but your anxiety level has.  You are making yourself sick with all this and only you can work this out.  We can't tell you to take this med. or not.

my amxiety is thru the roof i didnt take a valrex last night or this morning and im afraid i will die from this herpes

I'm glad you took the valtrex, sweetpea.  I think that when the infection is under control, you will feel better.  Now if you could just get your mind under control.  You absolutely CANNOT die from herpes.

Do you have plans today?  The more you can keep busy, the less time you will have to worry about how you are feeling. The worry and fear only make things worse.  Try to occupy your mind with other things, okay?

oh u misunderstood i didnt take the valtrex last night or this morning,it made so dizzier or else my way out of control anxiety did im trying to do some things but when i get up to walk my llegs feel all weeka nd shakey.i am so scared.i wish i never had found out about the herpes

Hi Sweetpea,

I have been following your thread and would just like to reinforce the fact that you CANNOT die from Herpes. It has NEVER happened.  Over 50 million people in the USA and 1 Billion people worldwide carry the Herpes virus.  You may have some localized discomfort, but it is like a cold, it goes away in 7-14 days.  Valtrex an anti-viral, not an antibiotic.  Valtrex is normally most effective at the start of the outbreak.  Once the outbreak is active, the Valtrex will only help a little.  If you choose not to take the Valtrex, the outbreak WILL clear up in a few days.  Trust me I know =)  It is nothing to worry about!! NOTHING!!  =)))  So that should be some good news for you =))

Please do not stress over the Valtrex SP!!!  You have enough on your mind.  You are in great hands here with Eljay and the Moderators.  Please hang tough =))))  

Best wishes,

Keith

I'm sorry, SP.  I see that you did say you "didn't" take the valtrex.  I guess my vision is blurrier than I thought.  :o

Well, the doctor and nurse told you it would clear up without the valtrex but would take longer.  I wish there was medicine for a cold but have to just wait until it goes away on it's own.

Are you eating regularly?  My legs get weak and shaky if I forget to eat, which doesn't happen very often.

Did you cut the xanax down to 1/4 on Thursday as scheduled?  Just wondering.

Take care of yourself and your lovely family.

Oh im so messed up today i always write down when i take my meds and in the state im in today i (i think) i hope this isnt going to mess things up,Im really fighting my mind today,its like im not focusing well and im having memory problems,i still am so shakey and i feel about like i did when i cold turkeyed off xanax last year and had to go to the mental hospital,i dont know what will ever help me

i have tried doing cleaning and baking again today,,,such a struggle and me and hubby had fight yesterday.its like im walking around in  afog or like a zombie...hope that valtrex didnt mess with me it said it could cause mental confusion.

No i actually took 2 one  night before last and one yesterday im feeling like im going pyscotic and im scared

sp, you are not going psychotic and there's nothing to be scared of.  What you are having is everyday wd symptoms and no one has ever died from them, they are very uncomfortable but not life threatening.  The fear of them is what's making it so hard for you, you have to accept them as part of wd and know they won't last forever. 

Don't even think about the ct last year.  That was last year and this is now, and now is what we have to deal with, not something that happened so long ago.

Since you haven't taken a valtrex since yesterday I doubt that's what making have mental confusion, but stress and anxiety certainly will. 

Oh my gosh about an hour ago i got this wierd headache sick  to my stomach and my left ear making wierd thumping sounds i feel faint and very dizzy im wondering if its because i messed up on my xanax yesterday and took it twice,i know my mind has been more stressed than ever with the worry of herpes added but i feel awful and my blood pressure was like 105/ 72 and pulse 92....hubby will be home soon and i must get to feeling better.i know this herpes when u first have an outbreak gives you flu like symtopms but i have had the bump since the 19th..i pray im not going to pass out

Oh my gosh about an hour ago i got this wierd headache sick  to my stomach and my left ear making wierd thumping sounds i feel faint and very dizzy im wondering if its because i messed up on my xanax yesterday and took it twice,

Yes, varying your dosage can cause strange symptoms.  How much xanax did you take yesterday?  Try to calm yourself.  It will pass.

i think i took a 1/4 in the morning and later i got all screwed up and took a 1/2  imgoing to try somebaking soda for my tummy but this dizziness is going to knock me down....dont know what caused it

Oh my gosh about an hour ago i got this wierd headache sick  to my stomach and my left ear making wierd thumping sounds i feel faint and very dizzy im wondering if its because i messed up on my xanax yesterday and took it twice,i know my mind has been more stressed than ever with the worry of herpes added but i feel awful and my blood pressure was like 105/ 72 and pulse 92....hubby will be home soon and i must get to feeling better.i know this herpes when u first have an outbreak gives you flu like symtopms but i have had the bump since the 19th..i pray im not going to pass out

Sp, a first outbreak can give you horrible flu like sx and last a few weeks. You are probably getting close to feeling better though.

Try not to stress over the herpes. You may actually never get another outbreak. And if you do, they will be much shorter and milder. 

Hi Sweetpea,

You know I was thinking. I get col sores with is a form of herpes. It can also show up as flat warts on your feet or hands. Anyways if I'm really stressed or running a fever. I'll get this huge herpie thing on my face. The one thing I found to heal and stop the spreading is grapefruit seed extract. Something in the acid kills the virius. They are actually starting to do studies on this. Believe me I have tried everything. My cousin who also gets her outbreaks where you do, put it on hers and it did heal. It also takes away the itching and tingling. Valtrx works from the inside out. Trying to make you not have an outbreak. All herpes works the same way. whether it be a std or cold sores (1 or 2). It's a virius that totally reacts to stress. If you just want the sore to heal, try the grapefruit seed extract. It's the only thing that has worked for me. Also I have 4 different friends who have herpes, They always know when they are getting an outbreak so they can take whatever precautions they need to. Their lives are full and wonderful. You will also be ok . But right now you just really have alot going on. Be patient with yourself. You will get all of this under control. Wishing you well :smitten: Kel

[8b...]