Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Walking in nature has been healing, if anyone has pictures of their walks post it here

[b2...]

On 25/11/2023 at 21:59, [[J...] said:

Lady it’s so good to know that you’re able to walk now. I too struggled with walking for months and months.

I didn’t know you were struggling too.  How do you feel after the walks? 

Oh yes Jacky I struggled to walk for 2 years or so! I just physically couldn’t due to my severe symptoms. When I first started walking again, it wasn’t much but to me it was huge! It immediately ramped up my symptoms and for the rest of the day, I was only able to stay in bed. So, in other words, it punished me every time I walk even a little! But, I didn’t give up or let it discourage me. I was in a situation to where I had no choice but to carefully get up to take care of my personal business. I thank God that he always allowed me to not fall or get hurt especially since I was alone. 
As time has passed and healing has been good….

when I go for walks, I still get ramped up in boatiness but it is bearable and not as intense. Rarely do I have to lay back down to let it settle. Now I can just sit down to rest. As I’m ending my walk I do also get a bit unbalanced. That’s usually my signal to go back inside to rest. And I listen even if it’s not been my 30 minute walk. I just finish it later. I’m up to 5000 steps now. 😀 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

Oh yes Jacky I struggled to walk for 2 years or so! I just physically couldn’t due to my severe symptoms. When I first started walking again, it wasn’t much but to me it was huge! It immediately ramped up my symptoms and for the rest of the day, I was only able to stay in bed. So, in other words, it punished me every time I walk even a little! But, I didn’t give up or let it discourage me. I was in a situation to where I had no choice but to carefully get up to take care of my personal business. I thank God that he always allowed me to not fall or get hurt especially since I was alone. 
As time has passed and healing has been good….

when I go for walks, I still get ramped up in boatiness but it is bearable and not as intense. Rarely do I have to lay back down to let it settle. Now I can just sit down to rest. As I’m ending my walk I do also get a bit unbalanced. That’s usually my signal to go back inside to rest. And I listen even if it’s not been my 30 minute walk. I just finish it later. I’m up to 5000 steps now. 😀 

Lady, I had no idea that you couldn’t walk, but 5000 steps is a lot. I sometimes use the treadmill and 5000 steps takes me 30 minutes or more sometimes. I’m slowing down with my steps bc even though I made a 3% cut a week ago my body reacting with extreme exhaustion again and this depression comes and goes. 
my body feels rigid and stiff. I  did 3 full months of long long distance walking but something changed. I hope we can continue walking and pushing through these symptoms, wow. 
Walking gives me hope.

please stay in touch, I love hearing from you. ♥️

Way to go, Jackie! Keep doing what you can. IMO it doesn’t matter how many miles or steps. What’s important is keeping the body moving. As Begood said…the circulation is healing. Keep your focus on the beautiful scenery. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Way to go, Jackie! Keep doing what you can. IMO it doesn’t matter how many miles or steps. What’s important is keeping the body moving. As Begood said…the circulation is healing. Keep your focus on the beautiful scenery. 

I think the same thing. The important thing is to keep your body moving. I also believe sunshine and fresh air plus nature itself is so healing. Today I was able to walk 2 1/2 hours and it was 32 degrees F plus snowy and windy and I felt so alive and after 30 minutes walking I had smile plastered on my face. 😂 

i wear winter gear that lets me be out in the cold for hours. 

Edited by Guest

47 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I love this woman and I always need to be reminded 

IMG_0528.png

Thank you for the reminder!

This is what my benzobuddies and i really need right now.

• Like 1

I have not exercised since yesterday but have been doing intense stretching that I needed so badly. 

this picture is about 3 weeks ago. 

IMG_1370.jpeg

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I have not exercised since yesterday but have been doing intense stretching that I needed so badly. 

this picture is about 3 weeks ago. 

IMG_1370.jpeg

The picture is so gentle and peaceful! It definitely has a curing effect)

• Like 1