Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Walking in nature has been healing, if anyone has pictures of their walks post it here

[f6...]

Thanks Jacky for your beautiful pics, I am so happy that you have been able to walk, even in the most dire of times and capture natures beauty regardless of you being not well. Like Shamrock, you both have been able to bring peace and comfort to many. 💖Peace and Healing.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Wow, your walks look amazing with all the beautiful scenery. Do you walk at a leisurely pace for relaxation or brisk for both relaxation and fitness? How long are your walks? Do you walk alone or with someone?

Hi Antibenzo, I walk for exercise/fitness and sunlight and for the fresh air which has done wonders for me in this K taper. I started by walking a mile for a week and now up to 8 to 10 miles. I know that’s a lot but it feels so good that I want to keep walking. I usually get windows whi,e I’m walking too. When I go walking I like putting my headphones on and I listen to podcast and I like going alone. I can’t talk with anyone longer than 10 minutes at a time bc it’s too overwhelming right now. ♥️

do you walk also ? 

5 hours ago, [[b...] said:

Thanks Jacky for your beautiful pics, I am so happy that you have been able to walk, even in the most dire of times and capture natures beauty regardless of you being not well. Like Shamrock, you both have been able to bring peace and comfort to many. 💖Peace and Healing.

Hi BG,  I usually walk for hours 😂 bc it feels so good and while I walk, I get windows of feeling so good.  I also have to take pictures of these beautiful trails also because they are breathtakingly beautiful. 
I believe that these walks have been improving my symptoms. I hope to walk all the way till the end of this taper. I have fallen in love with walking. I will be snowshoeing with a group of people when there’s enough snow. 
♥️🌷

I saw this big mushroom but I couldn’t get any closer, too high up. I don’t know what kind of mushroom 🍄 

thus was. 

IMG_1476.jpeg

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, [[J...] said:

Hi Antibenzo, I walk for exercise/fitness and sunlight and for the fresh air which has done wonders for me in this K taper. I started by walking a mile for a week and now up to 8 to 10 miles. I know that’s a lot but it feels so good that I want to keep walking. I usually get windows whi,e I’m walking too. When I go walking I like putting my headphones on and I listen to podcast and I like going alone. I can’t talk with anyone longer than 10 minutes at a time bc it’s too overwhelming right now. ♥️

do you walk also ? 

Wow, that sounds wonderful.....8 to 10 miles. 💪 I don't walk Jacky but I do exercise daily for one hour on a stationary bike. Physical exercise helps so much during and after benzo w/d if you can do it. I divide my exercise into (3) 20 min sessions. The 1st thing I do after I wake up each morning is hop on my stationary bike for 20 minutes. How long does it take you to walk the 8 to 10 miles?

28 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Wow, that sounds wonderful.....8 to 10 miles. 💪 I don't walk Jacky but I do exercise daily for one hour on a stationary bike. Physical exercise helps so much during and after benzo w/d if you can do it. I divide my exercise into (3) 20 min sessions. The 1st thing I do after I wake up each morning is hop on my stationary bike for 20 minutes. How long does it take you to walk the 8 to 10 miles?

Once I started walking I started to actually have dreams which I take as sign of healing bc I haven’t had dreams in years while on klonopin. One hour a day is good to raise your heart rate. I started walking and sprinting now. Today I did a little over 5 miles bc I didn’t dress warm enough and it was freezing outside. I also feel the exhaustion hitting hard again and my legs and feet feel like concrete and that symptom comes and goes. I have a gym in my building but now I hate being indoors and prefer the outdoors as much as possible. I had extreme agoraphobia to the opposite now. This is one crazy ride. 

IMG_1518.png

10000 steps is the goal which is around 4.5 miles but I like going longer, it makes me feel better and from so much exposure therapy, I now prefer fresh air and sunshine. Tomorrow I’ll leave early and wear a ski suit to walk because it’s getting so cold here in NY now. 

22 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

When did you 1st start walking Jacky or have you been doing this for a while?

I started almost 4 months ago. I started going to the gym using the treadmill, then I mustered the courage to go outside even though my agoraphobia was so bad. After so many hours every day of exposure therapy the agoraphobia disappeared.  I’m still very jumpy, when someone passes me or says hi, I get started so easily but end up laughing so hard because it’s funny reaction. Do you also go walking? 

Jacky said>>>

Once I started walking I started to actually have dreams which I take as sign of healing bc I haven’t had dreams in years while on klonopin.

Funny you mentioned this. I too am starting to dream again Jacky.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

I started almost 4 months ago. I started going to the gym using the treadmill, then I mustered the courage to go outside even though my agoraphobia was so bad. After so many hours every day of exposure therapy the agoraphobia disappeared.  I’m still very jumpy, when someone passes me or says hi, I get started so easily but end up laughing so hard because it’s funny reaction. Do you also go walking? 

I was walking some but I stopped. I may start back walking. You have inspired me.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Jacky said>>>

Funny you mentioned this. I too am starting to dream again Jacky.

Antibenzo, that’s so good to hear. I get so happy when I dream even if it’s not a good one, I still get happy that I dreamt. I just looked at your page to see your history with benzos and I’m sure I’ll forget bc my memory is not good while tapering. 
so your currently still tapering Valium and your on a low dose, that’s great . The fact that you’re exercising on your bike is so good for you.  Don’t stop. 
I hope doing ok, I know the lower the dose, the harder it gets but you got this. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

I was walking some but I stopped. I may start back walking. You have inspired me.👍

If you start walking can you take pictures of your walks? I love seeing people walking while tapering or post taper. There’s something about walking that’s so healing for us who are in BIND. 
I started slowly, then little by little my stamina grew and now I don’t get out of breath so easily or get tired easily. I actually am exhausted but strangely not when it comes to walking/running. 

If I could do it, anyone could do it. 
I did it everyday since august 1st, except yesterday. 😂 

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, [[A...] said:

When did you 1st start walking Jacky or have you been doing this for a while?

I keep forgetting to say that I started this cocktail from tropicalsoul on extreme fatigue. 
it helped quickly.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Once I started walking I started to actually have dreams which I take as sign of healing bc I haven’t had dreams in years while on klonopin. One hour a day is good to raise your heart rate. I started walking and sprinting now. Today I did a little over 5 miles bc I didn’t dress warm enough and it was freezing outside. I also feel the exhaustion hitting hard again and my legs and feet feel like concrete and that symptom comes and goes. I have a gym in my building but now I hate being indoors and prefer the outdoors as much as possible. I had extreme agoraphobia to the opposite now. This is one crazy ride. 

IMG_1518.png

That's interesting you didn't have dreams on klonopin. It was about the same for me, and the less i dreamt, the more headache i got. I didn't think it had anything to do with benzo. Now i'm off benzo and my dreams are back! At first it was mostly nightmares but i was happy all the same)

Yes, dreams coming back is a good sign. I Wish you quick recovery and thank you for the wonderful pictures)

• Like 1

These pictures were taken over a year ago, I just can’t sleep 

can you see the hummingbird?

IMG_0509.jpeg

Edited by Guest

Hi Kate, same with me, I suffered with bad headaches for the last 5 years on klonopin.

I had tension headaches for about 11 months while tapering but now, no headaches. I haven’t touched a Tylenol or ibuprofen in 4 months.  I never thought my headaches were caused by taking a benzo. I’m relieved to know one day I’ll be free from this medication.  

kate how are you feeling? 

Edited by Guest