Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

I slept a few hours with the sleep talk down video.  My brain really does fight it, but I thought I might as well listen  instead of tossing and turning.

Today is my appointment with the rheumatologist.

It's now dark again in the mornings with DST. I really dislike the change over.

TS, sorry you slept so little. It makes our days/nights so very stressful. I hope your day is better.

Hi nightengale,

Glad you managed to sleep a couple of hours. Nice to see the video works for you more or less.

Good luck at the reumatologist 's.

Our DST always starts the last Sunday of March. I got up this morning at 5 am. Got dressed and had my breakfast. The start of another really long day. Didn't go for groceries,  was too dizzy and groggy. Did go for a short walk this afternoon.

Hoping for better sleep for us all this coming night.

Good morning,

Took 12,5 mgs of Seroquel last night and slept a solid 6,5 hours! Wow! Felt rested after getting up. Hadn't felt that in over a year and a half. What a huge difference a good sleep makes. No anxiety,  nausea, exhaustion.  I hope today is going to continue like this.

Perhaps I 'll take another Seroquel tonight, not sure about that yet. Having my second EMDR session tomorrow,  so I have to be fit.

We do have to sleep,  as you all know too well. Sleep is the start to recovery.

Hope you all slept well.

TS I am glad the seroquel worked for you.

That is also a low dose.

Last spring I took it 25 mg at night

for a time, see signature. It gave me

about as much sleep as I get now.

I also found it had side effects for me

and one was bad so I stopped it.

Maybe it can help you taper.

I slept ok last night 6 plus hours.

But I’m on a long hold. Continue to

take melatonin/ sometimes 4mg

Not sure I need that. Maybe should

stop it and see.

NG  May you have good sleep.

The time change messed me up

but the clock looks like I slept longer.

You are very strong. An inspiration.

Good morning all, I slept perhaps four hours.  I really don't know for sure. When I awoke last night after an hour and a half, I decided to put the sleep talk down on. I went to sleep after that but then woke up when she was talking about painting and my thoughts went right to some paintings my mother did when she was younger and are hanging in her living room and dining room. Seriously...this is what occupied my thoughts. lol

I finally turned off the video and read, to clear my head and slept some.

As for my rheumatology appointment, she has ruled out pseudo gout. I was happy to hear that.  She says I have osteoarthritis, which is what I would expect. She recommended vitamins to start with rather than go right into prescription drugs. Sounds like a plan.

I gave up more blood for more tests. The stiffness may be like my shoulder pains last year and just go away.

TS I am so glad you got good sleep with the Seroquel! Indeed a good night of sleep helps us so much!! It definitely is the key to healing. I hope your EMDR session goes well. I'll say a little prayer for you.

HM, I am happy you slept 6 plus hours, also. The long hold is a good thing. I did those frequently throughout my taper. 

The time change has messed me up, but then it really only takes blinking wrong for me to get messed up.

All I can do is ride the wave.

Hi nightengale,

Glad you got good news from your reumatologist. Vitamins are definitely better than meds. I hope your stiffness goes away again.

You're right about holding for a long(er) period. It does seem to help a lot of people experiencing difficulties during their taper.

Let's hope your wave will pass soon.

I'm not quite sure if I should take a Seroquel again tonight. It does make me sleepy at times during the day. But having the second EMDR session tomorrow I need to get a good sleep first. So maybe I will take another one.

Wishing you a symptom free day.

Hi,

Second night on Seroquel. Slept for a couple of hours. Woke up to go to the bathroom. Felt really groggy. Didn't check what time it was.

Fell asleep again. Woke up a few hours later after not having slept well. Awful  nausea. Lasted for hours.

Got up, drank some luke warm water,  had another pee.

No more sleep, but nausea, anxiety,  feeling very sick. So tired again. Yesterday must have been a one off.

So no more Seroquel tonight.

After having had breakfast the nausea was gone...

Seeing my psychologist again today ( as scheduled); I decided not to have more EMDR therapy. Too exhaustion. Feel lost,  don't know what to do.

Want to get rid of this crippling nausea and fatigue.

Hope you slept well.

PS. My psychologist wants me to limit my visits to BB to 15 minutes once a week.

So, this is it for now.

Hope to be back next week. Take care.

Good morning,

I slept okay without the sleep video talk and had normal dreams. Got up and walked. The Tylenol for arthritis is helping with the stiff legs. At least the right leg. The left one is still fairly stiff for some reason. That's the one that was painful for a few weeks and is still a bit achy.

Anyway, today I am going to Costco and get what's on my list and take the dog for a walk around the park.

TS, I am sorry you had a bad night. :( We'll see you back next week.

HM, hope you slept better last night. Stay strong.

NG

It’s getting late here for me- 9 30 pm

Sometimes I’m asleep by 8 30 pm.

I went to work where crazy things

happened. Then to a church activity.

Bc I wanted to change my routine.

Don’t like the negative tv news.

And the next few days should be busy

and that’s better for me.

Last night I slept 5 to 6 hrs

Tonight fingers are crossed.

Trying to get emotionally, physically

strong so I can taper.

Tc NG. I Hope you get comfort.

TS all the best to you. We see you again.

Sleep was around 3.5 hours last night. My left knee was bothering me. Yesterday when we went to Costco, the leg stiffness was at its worst. I felt like I was walking on wooden stilts. I took the first glucosamine /chondroitin today. The doctor said it could take up to 3 weeks if it was going to help, so a day/step at a time.

I walked this morning for 30 minutes. Ran more errands so hopefully I have enough food for us and the dog.  Now I think I need more pasta and zateran's rice mix.

HM I hope you sleep okay tonight. Fingers crossed!

The world is a crazy place.

NG

Maybe 3 hours. My left knee is worse after I took the glucosamine supplement.  Not sure what to do, now. sigh

I did get up and walk ever so slowly this morning for 20+ minutes.

The pain in my left knee bothered me a lot throughout the night.

I find this all so very frustrating.

Staying up later than usual.

Not good for sleep.

I hope can sleep tonight

a decent amt. Stressful week.

And got word my script for cloz

is lower. Hoping I can work with it.

Tc good luck.

I am going to have to stop counting

hours I sleep. It is not helping me.

Not to say I will never come on here.

Ty  I feel need prayer.

If I’m not well how can I help anybody?

Hi HM,

I stopped wearing my fit bit because it showed my heart rate sometime during the night to be 120-130 BPM'

I also remember it said I did not sleep much and that was also a stressor.

I'm okay to walk away from figuring out my sleep time each night.

NG I hope you are doing ok.

You are such an admirable person.

I get anxiety. And evenings I can

manage to unwind some. You must

have to do so much more than what

you say with taking care of your husband.

I made church food yesterday and it

was a good diversion. Exercise is low.

Slept 5.5 hours. But it’s evening now

and sleep ?  Take good care of yourself

during these crazy times. God bless.

Hi HM, I am having a rough time with my left leg/knee. I finally relented and took some of my husband's prescription pain meds to get control of the pain.

Today the pain is gone and so I put his pain meds away.  My leg is very stiff and achy, but at least the pain is staying away.

My anxiety dealing with my husband day to day is fairly constant.  I've noticed lately my shoulders are less stiff. I am just baffled at everything I am going through, this far removed from my benzo ordeal.  I wish I could skip this chapter, but life isn't a book.

I am glad you got 5.5 hours of sleep. Every bit helps. Helping the church out with fixing food, sounds nice. Diversions do help.

My wish is for you to sleep well and your anxiety goes away.

NG

Hi,

Just a short visit.

Hope you're been getting some sleep and peace of mind. All the Corona news isn't makes things better, is it? I stopped watching the news and reading the paper. Staying away from all things concerning benzos. Only focusing on positive things.

Nightengale,  glad your knee is improving a bit. Much respect for you taking care of your husband. Wishing you strength and good health.

Healthyme,  Glad you slept 5,5 hours. Sorry about your anxiety. Hold on.

I've been taking Seroquel for four days last week,  sleep was good the first and third night, but not the second and fourth. I felt more tightness, stiffness in my muscles,  got more dizziness,  so stopped taking them. Sleep back to just a few hours. Waking up to nausea.

After a terrible Saturday and Monday now back on Seroquel for the second night. Sleep a little better, especially being able to get back to ( light) sleep after waking up. But more nighttime  nausea and early morning anxiety.

Because of CV no visit to the psychologist today, but a talk on the phone. 

Still feeling sick, weak, tired, anxious.

Wishing us all God' s love and support.

Hi TS, welcome back.  I limit the news and so we are watching a lot of Hallmark movies. Typically sweet and with a pleasant ending. They usually are uplifting.

Anyway, that's my 'escape."

My knee/leg/foot..(lol it keeps going) are still causing me a lot of pain and discomfort. I'm hoping this is just temporary like my shoulder problems were a year ago.

The corona virus news is both shocking and upsetting. Nothing we can do about it, except stay away home. 

I am sorry to hear the seroquel offered temporary relief.  The nausea sounds so awful. That's good news you are back on the seroquel with good results, sort of.  We can't give up on trying. Hope is all we have.

Good luck to you ANTI.  My sleep last night was, unfortunately, a 2!  I finally got off Benzos after 16 years.  I am 20 months post benzos and 18 months past SNRI med Cymbalta.  I am still suffering.  I hope you are younger than me, because I am now 68. It is rough when you are a senior citizen still going through this.  Please use whatever resources on this website you find and inner strength you have to get off of the **it for good.  I don't know how old you are, but I really wish I would have jumped ten years ago, no matter what the suffering would have been for me.  Geez, we are hurt by medications!

Hi Marja2, I am sorry to hear you also are having a difficult time.  I am older also and like you wish I had gotten off of the meds long before I did. I attempted to the 2nd year I was on them, but stopped sleeping so went back the way it was. Oh well, there is no sense beating ourselves up over this.

My sleep was/is my worst sympton, but the last couple of months, I have developed this left knee pain, leg pain and foot pain.  Two doctors later, I am suffering worse. I'm supposed to be trying physical therapy, but not going to venture out for that, if anyone is still even doing that. 

When I went to my pcp a year or so ago, he had a 93 year old woman who was tapering off of her clonazepam! Goodness, I hope she made it. 

Hang in there and remember were to find us!

Hi, stopped taking Seroquel again. Terrible stuff. Works for sleep for just a couple of nights. Muscles getting very tight. Problems with walking. Dizziness.

Hope sleep returns on "just" Diazepam.

Nightengale, So sorry your leg, knee, foot are causing you pain. Hope it gets better soon. Does It keep you awake?

I feel for you. My feet are killing me ( neuropathy?).  Getting worse by the day, almost. Sitting down a lot because of that is asking my back worse too.

Wishing us all a good sleep and calm day.

Hi TS, I am sorry to hear how the seroquel effected you. it's a rough road to be on. Hang in there.

The painful feet could be neuropathy. I have discovered the last year or more that strange things are doing numbers on my body that I've never had before.

With my limited knowledge, I wonder if the little sleep many of us get takes a toll on what is going on inside us. Major cellular repair takes place when we sleep and usually takes about four hours. I remember that from my college micro biology days.  if that truly is the case, our bodies don't get the required time to fix or repair damage that is going on. On another note, when I had the cancer taken off of my scalp in January, my scalp did heal. Not sure how, but I do remember the week after, I was sleeping 4-6 hours most nights. 

Last night I slept maybe 2.5 hours.

Hi nightengale,

I 'm sorry your sleep is still not good. Hope it improves soon.

I stopped Seroquel, period!

This was my second night on just the Diazepam and, for the first time in 3 weeks, it was a normal sleep: meaning some 5,5 hours. So grateful. Been doing some research on Seroquel,  and many people wish they had never started it! Enough said.

Hope this CV thing doesn't scare us too much.

Wishing you a nice day.

My sleep really has tanked and I can tell. My brain just isnt working right.  I think did nap a bit today. Perhaps 30-45 minutes. A first for a week or so.

That's great you stopped seroquel. Congratulations on sleeping so very well! I am truly happy for you. You needed that!!

My knee/leg and foot seem to be a little better today. Last night also,but my sleep was pretty much nil.  Not sure what's going on, this wave won't go away.

It is difficult to believe this CV is taking over our globe.  The reality is disturbing. 

[43...]