Sleep Quality Tracker started by Antibenzo7

[An...]

It was amazing. Cortisol manager is a supplement I started taking. It’s by Integrative Therapeutics. It has ashwaganda and L-theanine in it, which some say not to take, but I’m trying anything that helps.

Thanks, NightenG. I also started working out again full force and my mood has definitely improved quite a bit. I just don’t care anymore about cortisol and all that bs. I have to workout because that’s what makes me feel the best. But, I’m going to balance it with acupuncture, therapy, massage, etc. I just couldn’t sit back and wait anymore. I was getting worse.

Hope you are feeling ok today.

Hi DBM,

That's great! I really hope this better sleep is going to continue! 

If the work out makes you feel better, just keep doing whatever you think is best for you.

I wish I could do that, but doing too much hits me very quickly.

Hi nightengale,

How are you doing? Is your knee still improving?  And how about sleep?  Any change there?

This is my second week of a wave. Caused by tapering off too fast. I can't think of any other reason.

So I 'm holding again, in order to let things settle down again.

My pattern of one " better "  day followed by a bad one is back again as well.

Sleep is a little worse, but not too bad really. So I won't complain about that.

Hope you're all doing better.

Trust, hope, patience and time are our best weapons!

8.2 hours! Unbelievable. One small wakeup, but went back to sleep quickly. Fatigue and tinnitus upon waking, but not as severe. What a relief.

And to think I started sleeping better after I started my hard workouts again! The opposite was supposed to happen. I feel much better. I was deteriorating without the workouts mentally and physically. I recommend working out even if you feel like you can’t.

Wow, DBM,  that's wonderful!

Wishing you many more nights like that.

So great the workouts work for you. I suffer badly from Fibromyalgia (and polyneuropathy in my feet), so doing too much physical stuff is out of the question. Easy does it in my case. Some gentle walking and biking is all I can do right now.

Enjoy your days and nights.

I understand, Trochsetter. Not everyone is able. I have noticed a big improvement since I’ve gone back and wanted to share it in case it could help someone.

6.3 hours for me last night. Fatigue and tinnitus.

I' m sure it will help some people.

My sleep was just under 7 hours without waking up once. So, a good night.

Let's hope we all sleep well tonight.

Hi TS, that's great news about your sleep.  Keep up the good sleep!

Mine got better, then down it went again.

Perhaps I have too much stress in my life for it to even out and stay that way.

Last night I went right to sleep and slept for 2.5-3 hours. I awoke around 12:30 and did not go back to sleep.

Then I heard a pounding sound, so got up to investigate to make sure my husband was okay.  I could hear him snoring away, so went out into the back yard and noticed the guy behind me was pounding on something.  Their house was lit up like a Christmas tree, as well as the back yard and the man had on a hat with the light attached to the top.  It was 1:00 am.

He pounded for at least 15 -20 minutes and then all was quiet.

I had gone back to bed to read and listen to a hypnosis tape, but all failed and I was awake for the rest of the night.

I understand, Trochsetter. Not everyone is able. I have noticed a big improvement since I’ve gone back and wanted to share it in case it could help someone.

even when I sleep around 6 + hrs I have been waking up exhausted, could this be adrenal fatigue?

I don't understand  I  have vivid dreams thou... Can anyone answer this ? seems that I can't win no matter  what...I also did exercise  in the evening hrs maybe a bit to much

even when I sleep around 6 + hrs I have been waking up exhausted, could this be adrenal fatigue?

I don't understand  I  have vivid dreams thou... Can anyone answer this ? seems that I can't win no matter  what...I also did exercise  in the evening hrs maybe a bit to much

Bonty, I’ve been trying to figure the exact same thing out for 28 months. At this point I’m just thing it’s wd. We have the exact same symptoms. I can sleep 6 hours and feel like I slept zero. I still do all the things to regulate cortisol. Supplements and diet. It’s generally healthier anyway. I’m starting to think it’s just wd now that I’ve been back to the gym. Hard workouts are supposed to make adrenal fatigue worse, but it’s working for me. Of course, working out at night is not a good ideal whether in wd or not.

Around one hour of sleep for the last three nights and zero sleep four nights ago.

I'm not sure what is going on.

A week ago, I took a Benadryl and got maybe 2.5 to 3 hours of sleep. It was better than nothing.

Tried it again the night before last and I never went to sleep. Did some dozing towards morning, I think.

I really wish  that after 2 years and 8 months of being benzo free, I would be showing more signs of healing.

On the plus side my knee pain is gone. The body stiffness is still there.

NG

Bonty, I’ve been trying to figure the exact same thing out for 28 months. At this point I’m just thing it’s wd. We have the exact same symptoms. I can sleep 6 hours and feel like I slept zero. I still do all the things to regulate cortisol. Supplements and diet. It’s generally healthier anyway. I’m starting to think it’s just wd now that I’ve been back to the gym. Hard workouts are supposed to make adrenal fatigue worse, but it’s working for me. Of course, working out at night is not a good ideal whether in wd or not.

DBM , have you considered a sleep study?I think for me it was the exercise that made me more exhausted than usual but still wake up tired / drained... I do have stress from other things . Do you take something when you wake up after a few hrs? Do you wake up drained even after you work out , you say its working for you in what way?

Hello Nightengale,

Sorry to see your sleep has gotten bad again. Getting that little sleep makes the days so much harder, too.

I really hope your sleep will pick up again soon. We all need to sleep in order to be able to function. Trust that your sleep will improve again as it has done before.

So happy to hear your knee is OK again. At least walking has become nicer to do because of that.

Hopefully, the body stiffness will get better soon too.

My sleep has become a little lighter lately, but I still get some 6 hours most nights. The wave that started 2 weeks ago, has settled down nicely again this last week. I'm currently not tapering to let it settle even more. 

The wave coincided with a spell of bad weather, so that was a bit of luck.

Wishing you a nice Sunday and good sleep tonight.

All the best to you. :thumbsup:

DBM , have you considered a sleep study?I think for me it was the exercise that made me more exhausted than usual but still wake up tired / drained... I do have stress from other things . Do you take something when you wake up after a few hrs? Do you wake up drained even after you work out , you say its working for you in what way?

Hey Bonty, I’ve done a sleep study. I was right over the line and within the margin of error of an unreliable take-home sleep test. I elected to try a sleep apnea machine anyway. I’m not sure that it works, but I figured any extra oxygen I get is a plus. I worked out really hard all through withdrawal, but took a break for a few months because I thought it was giving me cortisol problems and causing my wakeups at 4am. When I stopped working out the wakeups and fatigue were just as bad, but my mood was also deteriorating. Not to mention that I was gaining weight. Since I’ve gone back to the gym, my mood has greatly improved, I have less fatigue, and my sleep is better. Working out is not for everyone during withdrawal, but it works for me having tried both approaches. I don’t take anything when I wake up. If I wake up at 4am I go to the couch and distract with a podcast and just lay there until my body decides to sleep again, which takes 1-2 hours. Thankfully, this pattern has gotten much better in the last week or so. I hope it’s permanent and not just a window. Hope this helps you.

5 hours last night, but an amazing 2 hour nap in the afternoon. This was the first nap I’ve been able to take in a while. It felt really good to rest. My body finally relaxed. And I did not wake up with the toxic nap feeling! It was a deep, solid sleep. Thank god. I hope this is a sign of improving sleep.

Hey Bonty, I’ve done a sleep study. I was right over the line and within the margin of error of an unreliable take-home sleep test. I elected to try a sleep apnea machine anyway. I’m not sure that it works, but I figured any extra oxygen I get is a plus. I worked out really hard all through withdrawal, but took a break for a few months because I thought it was giving me cortisol problems and causing my wakeups at 4am. When I stopped working out the wakeups and fatigue were just as bad, but my mood was also deteriorating. Not to mention that I was gaining weight. Since I’ve gone back to the gym, my mood has greatly improved, I have less fatigue, and my sleep is better. Working out is not for everyone during withdrawal, but it works for me having tried both approaches. I don’t take anything when I wake up. If I wake up at 4am I go to the couch and distract with a podcast and just lay there until my body decides to sleep again, which takes 1-2 hours. Thankfully, this pattern has gotten much better in the last week or so. I hope it’s permanent and not just a window. Hope this helps you.

Thank you for the info,  women hormones influence my sleep pattern as well... Im still going to exercise no so  much thou...

I hope this will last, Trochsetter. I’ve had good periods like this and they’ve ended. Hoping this is the beginning of the end.

Hi,

My sleep is mostly some 6 hours. I wake up around 5 am, go to the bathroom and get some light sleep until 6 am. Then I start to get more muscle and tendon pain in my thighs. So no more sleep. Usually glad to get up at 7. Back in bed by 11 pm.

Hope you're all getting some decent sleep. It's so important to sleep well.

Stay strong.

Good morning, my sleep is returning once more. I was frustrated, it's just a waste of good energy. 

I went a week or more with almost no sleep.

Anyway, now I am back to sleeping 5 or more hours.

My knee pain is gone.  I assume it was from the shot that took a couple of weeks to take effect.  The body stiffness is still there, but perhaps it is just stress and tension.  My muscle spasms and RLS are mostly gone, though now and then it comes back ever so slightly, to remind me not to forget.

Tomorrow I take my husband for a scope down his throat and a procedure to stretch his throat out, so he can hopefully swallow and keep his food down, better.

That was done four years ago and worked fairly well until the last year or so.  Monday I took him for a covid test and so we are a go for Thursday. 

DBM, I am so happy for your greatly improved sleep and state of mind. I'm impressed with that two hour nap in the afternoon!  Stay strong!

TS, that's great your sleep is going so well.  Are you back in bed at 11 in the morning or at night?  Does the pain stay away until morning? 

Okay, please don't laugh at this suggestion, because I did. ha.

My mother always has a couple of bars of soap in her bed. Recently I read an article about bars of soap in the bed help with muscle spasms, pain and RLS.  The "study" found that any kind of soap worked, so I tossed two bars in the lower part of my bed, as well as one at the top by my pillow. Gradually over the next week, the muscle spasms and RLS stopped.  Perhaps it is coincidence, but I'm not ready to put the soap away, yet.  I did retire the soap bar by my head, as I didn't see that one doing anything. 

Honestly, you don't even have to respond to these comments, TS, I just had to toss it out there. 

NG

Hello nightengale,

So glad your sleep has improved so much. I'm really happy for you! No sleep for a week must have been awful.

No more knee pain is great news too.

I hope all goes well with the procedure your husband is undergoing tomorrow.

I get up around 7 in the morning and go to bed at night just before 11.

The muscles and tendons start to hurt at the end of the night, probably because of being in one position for too long. Guess that's why I toss and turn a lot.

I'm certainly not laughing about the soap. My mom had RLS and had a small cotton sack filled with nails and screws.  She had the idea it did help, although not all the time. So soap could be the silver bullet. Worth a try.

I went  for another bike ride this afternoon. And went fishing again this evening. An enjoyable day without much pain. How I have missed this more "normal"  life...

Enjoy the rest of your day. Take care!

I had a two hour night last night.  I didn't think I was stressing about the procedure my husband is having today, but it seems I was.

Got up feeling light headed and having some stomach issues. 

Turned the coffee pot on early, as my husband could have black coffee and a clear drink before 6:45 am. Went back to the kitchen and the coffee was all over the counter and the floor. Mopped all that up and made another pot of coffee with some of the same results. Seems the coffee pot lid is the problem. 

Anyway, on with the day.

TS, interesting that your mom found nails and screws helped her RLS.  I won't share that with my mom, as that may be what she adds to her soap regime. 

My guess is if I take the soap out of my bed, the RLS and muscle spasms will be mostly gone, regardless. 

Hi nightengale,

That's very much possible, but just leave the soap where it is for now. It won't do any harm, right.

I hope all goes well today.

Sorry your sleep wasn't any better. Maybe tonight.

Stay strong.

Sleep has gone away the last couple of days.  Maybe one or two hours last night and less than that the night before.

My husband's endoscopy went fine. He has a hiatal hernia which food lands in and is then regurgitated.  Drinking water after meals to help wash the food down is what his doctor recommended. He does not recommend surgery and I agree with him. 

After dinner my husband drank a fair amount of water, which he never does, and no food came back up.  Now if I can just keep him doing this, the problem seems to be solved.

Me knee pain is still gone, for which I am grateful.

e

TS, the soap bars are still in my bed. They seem to have found a place that doesn't interfere with my feet.  My legs were moving around last night, but the muscle spasms have not returned. 

Your bike rides and fishing sounds quite nice. It all sounds very enjoyable and refreshing.  Hopefully you can have more of those days.

NG

[b4...]