The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Hey Mary,

I competed day one of babysitting with a mask on! I did okish with it. I tried to be as careful as I could be.

I'm still having throat clicking and it scares me. I don't want to go to another Dr. I'm just not up for it. I am feeling so blue  :(  having the baby will help me I believe. Life is just so damn depressing right now.

How are you liking your new bed? Did you adjust to it or are you sending it back?

Love you girl,

Tt  :smitten: :smitten:

So "Martha" came a day late (of course she did bc she was 4 days early last month ..whatever...). Physical stuff but i don't feel "acute psychotic" (yet?).

Fingers crossed ;)

“Martha” should be in the house in about 3 days. :laugh: Ovulation was awful this cycle, but so far I feel ok mentally now. Just have this awful pain shooting down my right thigh and some low back/hip pain on the right side. Hope this is all it amounts to, that would be wonderful. Watch us all sync up with each other.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JWL,  Sorry to hear about your digestive tract problems.  Mine are getting better.  I went from 40mg daily of Prilosec to 20mg.  Next week I'll reduce how many days a week I take it and then get off.  I still have to eat very small meals and stick with a bland diet or I have problems.  I think my stomach has shrunk to the size of a walnut.  I've lost several pounds and still losing.

Trishy,

Your little guy will be the best therapy for you.  Nothing like a warm little body to rock.  My daughter's school has five teachers and 63 children out, either sick or in quarantine.  One teacher is a confirmed case and is now having trouble breathing.  Her entire class is in quarantine.  My daughter is terrified and takes all the precautions.  The school is going back to classes two days a week and remote learning the rest of the time. It was three weeks ago that the district, in it's infinite wisdom, said all students come back full time, masks and distancing optional.

I had 3 or 4 days of no wd sx.  Slept better last night.  Alas today, I have the cog fog and some dizziness with movement.  Still I feel encouraged that I had three good days in a row.  This after a 4 week wave following the steroid injection.

Take care everyone and stay safe.  Hugs, Ginger

Hey Mary,

I competed day one of babysitting with a mask on! I did okish with it. I tried to be as careful as I could be.

I'm still having throat clicking and it scares me. I don't want to go to another Dr. I'm just not up for it. I am feeling so blue  :(  having the baby will help me I believe. Life is just so damn depressing right now.

How are you liking your new bed? Did you adjust to it or are you sending it back?

Love you girl,

Tt  :smitten: :smitten:

Hey Trishy Bear.  It is so scary right now, I agree totally.  Our numbers are going back up and we had been doing so good.  I think a lot of it is schools and sports.  Your daughter is so lucky to have you.

Whenever he's asleep, take the mask off and take a break.  I can imagine how annoying it gets after awhile.  Let's keep praying Nov 3rd changes things for us.  I don't know about my bed.  I am not sure anything is really going to help as long as I'm in withdrawal.  Did you look in the search engine for anything that matches your symptoms? 

Did you read Cant has a lot of animals on his land lately.  I told him he should start a drive through and charge money and remember to tell everyone to look up in the trees for a Trishy Bear, very rare

;D:laugh:

I get down when I sit here for hours and Tim is gone.  We are just getting so close to the election and numbers of virus are rising so fast.  It's hard not to watch the news.  So many important things are happening right now, that will effect us for a long time.  I'm thinking about you girlfriend, always .

Take care of that little one, he's life and he's important!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏🙏🙋🏼😘😘😘😘😷🙏🙏😷

👶♥️

JWL,  Sorry to hear about your digestive tract problems.  Mine are getting better.  I went from 40mg daily of Prilosec to 20mg.  Next week I'll reduce how many days a week I take it and then get off.  I still have to eat very small meals and stick with a bland diet or I have problems.  I think my stomach has shrunk to the size of a walnut.  I've lost several pounds and still losing.

Trishy,

Your little guy will be the best therapy for you.  Nothing like a warm little body to rock.  My daughter's school has five teachers and 63 children out, either sick or in quarantine.  One teacher is a confirmed case and is now having trouble breathing.  Her entire class is in quarantine.  My daughter is terrified and takes all the precautions.  The school is going back to classes two days a week and remote learning the rest of the time. It was three weeks ago that the district, in it's infinite wisdom, said all students come back full time, masks and distancing optional.

I had 3 or 4 days of no wd sx.  Slept better last night.  Alas today, I have the cog fog and some dizziness with movement.  Still I feel encouraged that I had three good days in a row.  This after a 4 week wave following the steroid injection.

Take care everyone and stay safe.  Hugs, Ginger

That's what happened with our schools too Ginger, they just opened them back up and are already going to start closing some.  They just need to do virtual, this opening and closing can't be good for the kids, or teachers.  Glad you had some good days!    :smitten: :smitten:

This month it came on time, but my sleep was compromised as usual especially the  night before.. had morning agitation  had the passing out feeling...UGH. have to also up my iron but eating foods that contain it...has anyone tried evening primrose  any good results? :smitten:

Hi All,

I am currently tapering off Gabapentin and recently had 10 days or horrific withdrawals 5 days after a drop.  What I realised was that the day it all started was the day I got my period and someone in a group I'm in on Facebook mentioned about the potential connection .  I am on the pill and have been for decades.  My question is has anyone tried taking their pill continuously so they dont have the 7 day break? And if so does that have an effect in terms of lesser withdrawals?

Thanks

Hi All,

I am currently tapering off Gabapentin and recently had 10 days or horrific withdrawals 5 days after a drop.  What I realised was that the day it all started was the day I got my period and someone in a group I'm in on Facebook mentioned about the potential connection .  I am on the pill and have been for decades.  My question is has anyone tried taking their pill continuously so they dont have the 7 day break? And if so does that have an effect in terms of lesser withdrawals?

Thanks

I haven’t been on birth control since before I started taking benzos, but I know many have reported birth control causing issues during/after benzo tapers. As for gabapentin, I’m not familiar enough with it to say. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I was able to work today..I had to bc I already committed to removing wallpaper for a someone. I did better than I thought despite the " crime scene" going on in me lol.

Birth control....haven't done that in forever bc I've had a tubal ligation so I can't chime in on this one:)

I just wanted to share that I ovulated and didn’t feel psychotic this month! 🤣

I’ll never get over how horrific and foreign this experience is. I used to be thankful if I didn’t feel a pinch at ovulation...now I’m grateful for anything less than psychosis. Oh, benzos.

No birth control for me either (I’ve had a hysterectomy), but I’ve seen several buddies mention hormones and the pill causing issues. I’ll look around for some links.

Beauty

Wow, it's really quiet here! Could mean you're all doing better. Or worse, of course...

Now that the weather is getting autumnal, my Fibromyalgia is getting worse again. Lots of muscle and joint pain.

It's even making my sleep worse.

No walking outside today because of it.

Holding again: felt fine, started to taper a little faster, exercised more, but now have to pay the price for that again.

This tapering just cannot be hurried. Low and slow, I know...but so hard to do at times.

Wishing us all better days and nights!

Trochsetter

Wow, it's really quiet here! Could mean you're all doing better. Or worse, of course...

Now that the weather is getting autumnal, my Fibromyalgia is getting worse again. Lots of muscle and joint pain.

It's even making my sleep worse.

No walking outside today because of it.

Holding again: felt fine, started to taper a little faster, exercised more, but now have to pay the price for that again.

This tapering just cannot be hurried. Low and slow, I know...but so hard to do at times.

Wishing us all better days and nights!

Trochsetter

I have fibromyalgia too. That's what got me on this whole polydrug nightmare. It took a total breakdown for me to take control of my health and to look at alternative treatments. I found a good Functional/Integrative doctor who helped me to find the underlying causes of my problems as well as why I have low dopamine,serotonin and gaba. Have you ever looked into low dose Naltrexone? A good book: The LDN Book.

Thanks Ginger. My gut feels much better now. I think it was just a bug and not WD. I can't afford to lose any more weight

Hey Jasmine, where are you? You must be doing so much better.

When I took birth control before Benzos they made me crazy, so I can’t imagine what they’d do know. I actually told my hubby I was going to stab him on birth control. Suffice to say I stopped taking them after that!

Can anyone relate?  Having such a hard time and in despair.

I didn’t have periods for a long time, then they came back for 5 months in a row in 2019.  Fast forward to 2020, I got a period in July (wasn’t as bad as previous times but still Very testing to my strength), August had another and since the end of that period it has been one long psychotic hell ride.  I did get a 5 day break once I started again on Oct 16th but this period has now been going since.  This has never happened before and I’m really scared I can’t hang on with how bad it is making things.  Just when I think it’s on its out, it kicks into go mode again.  Two weeks of this period now and I’m so severely suffering akathisia, insomnia, psychosis, blackouts, DP/DR, awful intrusives, mental images and mind loops, ear worms, louder tinnitus, terror and fear, sweating and clammy even if I’m cold, some hallucinations, smell and taste of metal, more terrified of being alone, plus this awful most horrendous symptom of chest electrocution feeling like defibrillators are zapping inside my chest or like being tazed inside over and over, shocked repeatedly.  Just before the start of this month’s cycle, all my CT symptoms came back and I’m just beside myself.  Hanging on but fearing ability to cope.  There seems to be no pattern to my cycles and how sxs play out, before, during and after each one. 

I held my taper for over a month so far.  At 4.2mg of V and don’t know how I can even taper further with such bad hormonal issues, not that the V is even a help (not noticeable).  But to add wd on top seems to be a bad idea?  Don’t know what else to do to help myself. 

Desperately seeking hope.  Can anyone relate at all?   

Uni, I’m so sorry you’re having awful symptoms. I know some women who have posted here in the past have said they suffer from similar symptoms. I haven’t missed a period yet, my periods have become more regular. It seems like we all get slammed with some variation of awful.

Thank you Kitsune, means a lot that you responded.  I‘m glad you are having more regular periods.  Have the symptoms been tolerable for you with hormonal shifts? 

Hey Jwl

I am.doing way better. Too well that I don't want to jinx myself by writing a positive post. I am in the middle of my cycle so I hope that in 10 days I will still.be okay.

I have been raking leaves, cleaning the house, and taking my kids to swimming.

The online school is a full time job for a 5 years old though.

I still have morning surge but I take my 2mg of valium and pray and it calms down.

I also reintroduced tea and it gave me more energy.

This is the strangest year ever. Fauci said that things won't returned to normal.until 2022 and I believe he is right.

I also received my disability claim check and will start long term disability in November. I will start working back few hours a week.

I keep adding some weight back despite cutting back on carb. That makes me think that valium slow down our metabolism.

Trying to find use of my time, clearing up and donating stuff.

We are redoing our bathroom and replacing the carpet in December.

It was my bday last week and I got a new phone. Mine was 7 years old.

Sometimes it daunts on me that I still need to get off the valium and other time, I can forget all about it and enjoy my day.

Most of the symptoms are gone except during pms.

Uni, if I taper too fast my symptoms get pretty rough. I generally have a lot of aches and pains (lately it’s been bad aching in my thighs and hips). Mental symptoms are the worst for me though. Anxiety, insomnia, agitation, and SI. Thankfully they don’t last too long if I taper slowly or hold my dose. Right now I’m holding, probably until the beginning of next year in hopes of letting my brain and body catch up some. I get hit with symptoms at both ovulation and the start of my cycle so it’s kind of a double whammy. I’m due to start today and so far am only dealing with the pain and insomnia.

Unicorn, what you are experiencing is really hard, I hope you find some relief soon. Can you hold your taper until you stabilize a bit or are you in tolerance withdrawal? If you can hold, perhaps it’s best to do so. Hang in there, we are rooting for you. You can do this and know you aren’t alone.

looks like a good little group of ladies here, been looking for extra support going through this madness! A couple cycles ago i noticed a huge amount of symptoms raging.. and then found this support group and was comforted knowing that it wasn't just me. Anyway, took my last bit of klonopin yesterday. and I'm nervous to say the least... crossing my fingers, and praying !!!

Unicorn...ugh thats rough..sorry girl. I'm going to let the other ladies chime in as I never had the opportunity to do a proper taper. But I can say 9 months after jumping I'm starting to not have as bad hormonal shifts (acute psychosis...).

Lexlu: We are a great group of ladies.. ;)lol. Goodbye to your Klonopin!!! You can do this..we're here for you!

[80...]