The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Trishy, just had blood work and voted.  Now waiting to hear about your appointment girlfriend, love and thinking about you!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷😷😷😷♥️

Hey girlfriend! Yay, get that all important vote in! 🌊 My appt went very well. The ENT Dr was just adorable. She reminded me of my daughter. Actually if I had another son I would want him to meet her lol! So she scoped me 😳 it wasn't all that bad but she put the scope down my nose and into my throat. She said it all looked great and she showed me on a TV screen after she did it. She couldn't feel the swelling in my neck but I myself think it's gone way down since I first noticed it. She said the clicking sensation I'm feeling sounds like cartilage rubbing or something like that. She said I wasn't the first person to ever complain of this and she has sent people for MRI's and they always come back showing nothing. She also said she could order an ultra sound of my throat if it would make me feel better. I told her that I'll wait a couple more weeks and if it's driving me crazy I'll come back and she agreed that was a good plan. So she thinks I'm just fine nothing serious.

So I do feel better after having seen her. I really liked her and she was very easy to talk too and gave me all the time I needed. I will stick with her for an ENT Dr.

TT, 😷💞💞💞💞

More good news Trishy!  A good doctor is worth her weight in diamonds.  I hope your anxiety has eased up. 

I saw my new primary dr Monday.  He spent lots of time and was thorough.  Having an EGD and colonoscopy next month.  My digestive tract is better.  I'm doing yoga and a morning exercise for hiatal hernia.  My symptoms fit, and 1 in 3 people have one, they're very common.  Anyway the yoga seems to be working. 

Scardie,  great news that your dr recommends holding.  Benzo wise doctors are few and far between.  Ginger

Ginger,

Sorry to hear your having GI issues. Glad you don't seem too worried about it. Best wishes fir good outcome.

Yes, I'm very fortunate it worked out that way with p doc. I don think he's really benzo wise, just nice, & willing to keep status quo., I guess?🤷🏻‍♀️ X

Trishy,

I hope your still feeling better. And if not you get some answers.

Be well peeps

❤️SC

I'm hanging in Scardie. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with everyone's posts I've been so wrapped up in my own misery but I hope everything is settling down for you.

Hang in there girl 💪❤️

Thanks Trishy for reaching out, especially while your struggling. Means a lot. I totally understand not being able to keep up with all of the posts.

Here's to smoother sailing ahead. ❤️

Trishy, just had blood work and voted.  Now waiting to hear about your appointment girlfriend, love and thinking about you!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷😷😷😷♥️

Hey girlfriend! Yay, get that all important vote in! 🌊 My appt went very well. The ENT Dr was just adorable. She reminded me of my daughter. Actually if I had another son I would want him to meet her lol! So she scoped me 😳 it wasn't all that bad but she put the scope down my nose and into my throat. She said it all looked great and she showed me on a TV screen after she did it. She couldn't feel the swelling in my neck but I myself think it's gone way down since I first noticed it. She said the clicking sensation I'm feeling sounds like cartilage rubbing or something like that. She said I wasn't the first person to ever complain of this and she has sent people for MRI's and they always come back showing nothing. She also said she could order an ultra sound of my throat if it would make me feel better. I told her that I'll wait a couple more weeks and if it's driving me crazy I'll come back and she agreed that was a good plan. So she thinks I'm just fine nothing serious.

So I do feel better after having seen her. I really liked her and she was very easy to talk too and gave me all the time I needed. I will stick with her for an ENT Dr.

TT, 😷💞💞💞💞

More good news Trishy!  A good doctor is worth her weight in diamonds.  I hope your anxiety has eased up. 

I saw my new primary dr Monday.  He spent lots of time and was thorough.  Having an EGD and colonoscopy next month.  My digestive tract is better.  I'm doing yoga and a morning exercise for hiatal hernia.  My symptoms fit, and 1 in 3 people have one, they're very common.  Anyway the yoga seems to be working. 

Scardie,  great news that your dr recommends holding.  Benzo wise doctors are few and far between.  Ginger

Ginger,

Sorry to hear your having GI issues. Glad you don't seem too worried about it. Best wishes fir good outcome.

Yes, I'm very fortunate it worked out that way with p doc. I don think he's really benzo wise, just nice, & willing to keep status quo., I guess?🤷🏻‍♀️ X

Trishy,

I hope your still feeling better. And if not you get some answers.

Be well peeps

❤️SC

I'm hanging in Scardie. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with everyone's posts I've been so wrapped up in my own misery but I hope everything is settling down for you.

Hang in there girl 💪❤️

Thanks Trishy for reaching out, especially while your struggling. Means a lot. I totally understand not being able to keep up with all of the posts.

Here's to smoother sailing ahead. ❤️

🙏😘💞💞

Morning everyone! I haven't had time to catch up. Hope everyone is doing ok. Sounds like we are all having alot of anxiety. Im ok. Just going through the motions trying to stabilize. It takes so long, im wondering if maybe I never will. Im going through the its me im crazy and its. Ot the drug.  My brain keeps saying that. Saying awful things about me and I don't know anything.  Im a mean person.  If I am im sorry . Laet week I thought I was roo nice.  Its not making sense. Please be gentle with yourself, this is so hard and we all have so much courage and we deserve credit for 2ha5 we are doing.  💕💔

Hi Suzy! Don't blame yourself. I think you hadn't even stabilized from all the klonopin cuts when she cut your gabapentin by half. All things considered, it's a miracle we're not in a ward. Keep trusting yourself and remember not to blame yourself for everything. Life's hard enough with everyone else blaming us for everything 😘😘

Thanks v, you made me laugh!!!! Your right . I think maybe 8m felling paranoid, idk. I know him isn't the greatest, but I feel like he's out to get me or make me think im crazy. Its probably a sx. But he tells me to stop when the thoughts hit and think of something else. Maybe I want to torture myself. Then I started thinking maybe I do, it stopped me in my tracks.  It scared me because if I'm thinking a way thats making me freak out then I must be crazy. Why wouldn't I stop. Its like I purpose want to make myself miserable.  I know ge doesn't get this. He means well. Why would I do something that makes me feel vad about myself. Its not normal, I must be crazy. This is very confusing.  I just have to analyze everything.

Sorry you're going through such a rough patch D. I went through a paranoia stage too. I thought people were out to get me or they were thinking bad thoughts about me. Or I felt I was crazy and even suicidal. Benzos are truly an evil drug. It'll past after awhile.

What an ordeal Mary. I'm glad no one was hurt. Cars can always be repaired or replaced.

Thanks jwl,

It all seems so real. I know what I need to do is disfractvand not ruminate. Everytime I go to it tells me I'm doing the wrong thing. Like I need to think and figure out these bad thoughts. They are mean. Insulting telling me I deserve it. Maybe I so crazy.  Are you feeling any better?

Sorry you're going through such a rough patch D. I went through a paranoia stage too. I thought people were out to get me or they were thinking bad thoughts about me. Or I felt I was crazy and even suicidal. Benzos are truly an evil drug. It'll past after awhile.

What an ordeal Mary. I'm glad no one was hurt. Cars can always be repaired or replaced.

Thanks Jwl!  That's very true and he didn't push our truck into the garage door.  So we had a lot to be grateful for  ;)    Since we all three had the same insurance, the insurance company came out on the bad end  :D.   

Thanks Jwl!  That's very true and he didn't push our truck into the garage door.  So we had a lot to be grateful for  ;)    Since we all three had the same insurance, the insurance company came out on the bad end  :D

Mary, I posted you back some you must have missed it. Glad nobody was hurt. Cars and trucks can be fixed but there's only one Mary and Tim. 😘

So my grandson's school is shut down. Several staff members have tested positive for covid 19. They were all here in my house today too! 😳 We all had masks on but still! My dil is going to take my grandson for a covid test tomorrow and I get his baby brother starting Monday! 🙏🙏 Shit is starting to get real around here. Both my granddaughter's and my grandson's school are now both closed for 2 weeks! Thankfully at least my granddaughter learns remotely at home. I just wish they would shut the schools down for the year, this is too damn dangerous. I'm glad I'm blood type 0 . They're finding more evidence to suggest that type O is more resistant to the virus. Not that type O's can't get it, they do but studies are showing they do better than the other blood types...I have to keep finding something positive bc I'm beginning to crack up over this gosh damn virus 🤬

Well talk soon I hope girlfriend.

Love ya,

TT, totally terrified 😱😷🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

Good morning everyone.

Jwl, I'd like to know if you have put on weight or feel very hungry on gabapentin. I'm always hungry and I'm fearing it's that med. I find no other explanation. Hope you're doing well with your taper and family issues.

Thanks Jwl!  That's very true and he didn't push our truck into the garage door.  So we had a lot to be grateful for  ;)    Since we all three had the same insurance, the insurance company came out on the bad end  :D

Mary, I posted you back some you must have missed it. Glad nobody was hurt. Cars and trucks can be fixed but there's only one Mary and Tim. 😘

So my grandson's school is shut down. Several staff members have tested positive for covid 19. They were all here in my house today too! 😳 We all had masks on but still! My dil is going to take my grandson for a covid test tomorrow and I get his baby brother starting Monday! 🙏🙏 Shit is starting to get real around here. Both my granddaughter's and my grandson's school are now both closed for 2 weeks! Thankfully at least my granddaughter learns remotely at home. I just wish they would shut the schools down for the year, this is too damn dangerous. I'm glad I'm blood type 0 . They're finding more evidence to suggest that type O is more resistant to the virus. Not that type O's can't get it, they do but studies are showing they do better than the other blood types...I have to keep finding something positive bc I'm beginning to crack up over this gosh damn virus 🤬

Well talk soon I hope girlfriend.

Love ya,

TT, totally terrified 😱😷🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

I'm sorry I missed your post.  Yes, the drunk driver at 3 in the morning was nerve wracking but we are okay  ;).  I have O blood too, positive, so I can give to most , but not all, like O negative .  Tim, unfortunately has a rare type blood, neither one of us can remember.  I don't have kids, but I totally agree, all the schools should be shut down.  It is just too damn risky, for the kids and all the teachers and everyone else working there.  Churches are causing super spreaders.  I just don't get it.  Pence is still campaigning even though so many around him are positive.  :tickedoff:  If kids get behind one year, that's so much better than the people dying from it.  We will probably have a vaccine, so they could go next year without nearly the risk.  I want you to be careful woman.  You have the best plan possible.  You will be busy taking care of that baby, not thinking about the virus, so your days will be much happier  ;).    Love you Trishy Bear, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😷😷👶💕

Good morning everyone.

Jwl, I'd like to know if you have put on weight or feel very hungry on gabapentin. I'm always hungry and I'm fearing it's that med. I find no other explanation. Hope you're doing well with your taper and family issues.

Hi Val, I've actually been losing weight. It doesn't help that I've been having stomach issues for about a week. I don't know if it's WD or just a bug. I never thought I would see the day where I wished I had a bug or food poisoning.  :)

Trisha, what a scary situation with your G kids school. If I had young kids There's no way I'd let them set foot in school.

My laptop crashed and I have to type with my IPad which is a pain. Just pecking along. I can't use my phone because the words are too small >:(

Good morning everyone.

Hi Val, I've actually been losing weight. It doesn't help that I've been having stomach issues for about a week. I don't know if it's WD or just a bug. I never thought I would see the day where I wished I had a bug or food poisoning.  :)

Trisha, what a scary situation with your G kids school. If I had young kids There's no way I'd let them set foot in school.

My laptop crashed and I have to type with my IPad which is a pain. Just pecking along. I can't use my phone because the words are too small >:(

Hi Jwl! Thanks for answering  :) I'm so sorry to hear you have stomach issues. Yes, it's hard to tell if it's bwd or a bug. Please keep us posted as stomach issues can be very very upsetting. I hope this subsides as you start stabilizing from the recent cuts. I'd hold until it settles but you know what a compulsive holder I am  :laugh:. I wasn't always like this. I became like this after the trauma of 2019 benzo taper crash. Now I'll hold for as long as I need and then some. BTW I made a 0.10 cut 4 days ago. I usually feel the kick around day 15 and gets worse on day 21.

As for gapapentin and weight gain. You say you're losing weight but I understand it's this week because of the GI issues? Have you noticed increased apetite and weight gain on gabapentin? I read FB forums and there are many people who do. I have a tendency to put on weight which I've always fought with nails and teeth, but now it's more difficult due to this hunger thing. I'm going to try to convince my p doc to hold the valium and start tapering the gabapentin. I'm seeing him in mid November. He's very stubborn and not very open to ideas that are not his own, so we'll see. I don't want to change doctors because he allows me to whatsupp him with questions, not all the time but maybe once a month. Nobody else does that. He also said if I end up in hospital for any reason, I can call him and he'll talk to the hospital so that they keep me on my meds, so I'm staying with this dr.

As for kids and school, my daughter is fourteen and she goes to school. It's a risk, but you can't keep a teenager at home for three years. This would cause psychological problems in them that honestly they don't deserve. Yes, some people will die, maybe I will die who knows, but you can't keep kids at home forever and it seems this is going to last for years. Anyway, where I live we have a curfew now from 12 at night to 6 am and my area is restricted so we can't go to other neighborhoods, and if this doesn't bring down the cases and the hospital occupancy, then they will start implementing further restrictions and probably close schools again. I think schools should be the last place to close but that's my opinion of course.

Back to gabapentin, I'm in a FB group for tapering gaba. Some people do perfectly fine and some go through hell. This is so uncertain  ???

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Val totally agree with you regarding school and kids this virus ain't going anywhere and a vaccine is not guaranteed so we must learn to live with it.l have to say l would also have a big problem with any vaccine that comes out l am not sure l would take it and l certainly wouldn't let my child have it.Again that's just my thoughts.l have to say all the drugs you are on could cause weight gain so l don't know for sure.Can you not taper without informing the psych? hope you have a decent day honey.love you.X

Morning Trish please stop worrying honestly you are doing yourself more harm constantly worrying about the damn virus.The virus is here to stay my love and we must get on with our lives.I am glad our wee man will be with you soon l really hope he will help you to come to terms with this.Keep your mind active honey and stay away from the dam news.love you my lST X

. Sorry folks l am in work and l have run out of time.Busy as ever.Will be back when l can.love you all.X

Hi Stut!!

It's so nice to see you pop in and I really appreciate it as I know your life must be a living hell ATM. Please think about yourself before anyone else and take care of yourself. I hope you're managing to get some rest. Don't worry about my weight, and of course I'll try not to taper behind my doctor's back, only if it becomes absolutely necessary. Before that, I'll start looking at the med's side effects and telling him I have them all, to see if I get him on board  :laugh: When he told me to take it I was in acute wd which didn't get better with anything and I was about to do something really crazy so I would've drunk bleach if someone had told me it would help with the acute wd or make it go away. The truth is, it didn't go away and only an updose and long hold helped and now I'm, trapped with both meds plus the trazodone. I don't mind the trazodone though: I get five hours sleep thanks to it and I'd probably be living on three hours without it and I couldn't possibly do all that I have to do for long in those conditions, let alone the health issues I could be developing with so little sleep for years. But the gabapentin: I really think is something he threw at me unnecessarily, although I guess he meant well.

Sending love to you and your daughter, to daisy and to muffins. I know one of them is sick so sending you a big hug to help with the heart ache. Bye Stut.

Oh, I forgot to answer to your comment on the vaccine. I am terrified of a vaccine if it's not tested enough. If it is not mandatory I will not get any vaccine until two years have passed. In Australia it will be mandatory  :o. I hope they don't make it mandatory in Europe. We don't even have a decent mandatory app to track the virus after more than half a year of this nightmare. It is simply outrageous. I think my daughter's group of teenage friends would be doing a better job leading the country than this group of communist illiterate idiots we have in office. And I will say no more. Rant over.

Hi Val, yes a lot of pain and cramps from the big D and I don't mean Dalles  :laugh: I've been taking lots of probiotics so maybe that'll help. No I haven't noticed weight gain prior to it but I've never had an issue with that anyway.

I was advised on the Gabapentin thread to wait until my V taper before tackling the G. Dehytq had a terrible reaction but I think she made a huge cut. I can't believe my idiot doc put me on 1200 mgs. If he hadn't lost his license I'd problely sue him. He was writing scrips for opioids indiscriminately. He got me hooked on it as well plus all the other drugs. Those were the days when I didn't question docs. And the drugs made me feel soo good  :) for awhile anyway. What's the FB page called?

It's hard to know what to do with your kids and school. Mine are already done with school so I'm probably looking at it from a different perspective. It seems to me with skype,zoom and social media that they'll be ok but that's just me.

As far as the vaccine I would listen to health care professionals and not this administration.

Greetings, ladies.  I've been reading back on the thread since my last visit and appreciate the shared info here on UTI's especially since those fluoroquinolone antibiotics are evidently a no-no for us.  I hope that you had luck clearing it up Shayna!  I had so many of those growing up, then nothing until I hit my 40's--and they were doozies--so I'm terrified of getting one while healing.  My mom's mantra of "drink your cranberry juice" is coming back to me now.  :D

I'm staying away from supplements other than popping one of my daughter's Flintstone vitamins with iron every once in a while, but kudos to those who can use and benefit from them with no issues.

So my sleep cycles were starting to improve (and I actually had a few nights last week where I hit 7 hours and it was SO glorious, a first since June before this mess began!), but lo and behold the 3 am insomnia visits have returned again.  And wouldn't you know that I began spotting at the same time too.  UGH!  My waves had been pretty darn manageable, but over the weekend, particularly yesterday running into today, the insidiousness of the mental/emotional stuff is back with a vengeance.  I never was one who experienced the emotional PMS symptoms prior to the benzo nightmare; I was more of a physical pain/extreme cramping during the period kind of gal, so these extreme emotions (including rage/anger out of nowhere) are unsettling.  I will say that the physical stuff I am used to experiencing, including leg muscle aches and increased loose bowels/IBS-like symptoms during my period, is definitely amplified during this withdrawal healing.  This sucks. 

Welcome, Patty!  And Melanie, keep hanging on!  I'm glad you have some help with the littles.  I have a two year old and a 15 year old, but the two year old is a BIG personality so I feel constantly behind the curve and completely understand your feeling of not being able to be as attentive of a mom as you'd like.  My hubby also works long hours/started traveling again for work, and we do not live near family and still don't have much of a support network here as just moved last August, so really I'm just doing the best I can given the circumstances.  It IS hard, and a daily battle, but try not to beat yourself up.  Easier said than done, I know, but we are going through difficult journeys and need to be kinder to ourselves.  I have faith that we will get back to our fully functioning selves again, and the kids WILL be alright. 

Back to the benzo healing grind,

Amanda

Jwl

As far as the vaccine I would listen to health care professionals and not this administration.  My thoughts exactly!!    :).  I am not writing it off, waiting to see how it's all handled and open it is.

Then I will decide.  Hope we all feel much more comfortable with the idea when it's time.  ;)

🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😷😷😷😷

Hi Jwl, the group is called "gabapentin awareness, it's use and abuse". But the people inside don't abuse it, they're just like you and me.

Yes I used to trust in doctors blindly too. Those days are gone.

Kids can be ok with online teaching for a month, two three, but not for one, two or three years. Remember when you were a kid? Can you imagine being in the house for years without seeing anyone your age and learning online? Besides, I lived in a very abusive household. My only escape was going to school. I can't imagine the little ones going through that and locked down with their monsters.

Wow Mary, crazy!! That just happened to a friend of mine. She has a door camera and caught it on tape, though it woke her up out of a cold sleep.

I'm sorry you had to experience that! Sending you guys love.

Thanks OK!  It really is no way to wake up at 3, but it could have been worse.  My husband loves his truck and it is still close to new.  It is a good looking deep red and now it's all banged up  :(.  Mine is new too, but when you're in wd, somehow it doesn't matter as much  :D. I am just glad he didn't push Tim's truck into the garage door.  What are you up too?  Are you in Portland or back on CA?

LY 🙋🏼😘😷

HI Mary,

Thanks for asking! I'm doing alright, I'm in Portland. Going to go down to Santa Cruz over Thanksgiving, as long as nothing really weird happens over the next month (HA!)

I've been doing pretty well overall. I still have annoying digestive issues, mainly bloating and stomach aches. I do not think these are wd related. I have had digestive issues for most of my adult life. They relate back to my phobia I'm sure.

I'm feeling pretty nervous bc my roommate is sick. It seems to be a mild cold with no fever, but still. She is going to get tested. Ugh! Why do we have to worry about this it sucks!

Love you guys.

Wow Mary, crazy!! That just happened to a friend of mine. She has a door camera and caught it on tape, though it woke her up out of a cold sleep.

I'm sorry you had to experience that! Sending you guys love.

Thanks OK!  It really is no way to wake up at 3, but it could have been worse.  My husband loves his truck and it is still close to new.  It is a good looking deep red and now it's all banged up  :(.  Mine is new too, but when you're in wd, somehow it doesn't matter as much  :D. I am just glad he didn't push Tim's truck into the garage door.  What are you up too?  Are you in Portland or back on CA?

LY 🙋🏼😘😷

HI Mary,

Thanks for asking! I'm doing alright, I'm in Portland. Going to go down to Santa Cruz over Thanksgiving, as long as nothing really weird happens over the next month (HA!)

I've been doing pretty well overall. I still have annoying digestive issues, mainly bloating and stomach aches. I do not think these are wd related. I have had digestive issues for most of my adult life. They relate back to my phobia I'm sure.

I'm feeling pretty nervous bc my roommate is sick. It seems to be a mild cold with no fever, but still. She is going to get tested. Ugh! Why do we have to worry about this it sucks!

Love you guys.

Here is hoping it is just a cold!!  This seems to be happening a lot over bb right now.  People needing to get tested.  I know it is very stressful waiting though.  Please keep us posted OK!  LY

🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘🙏😷♥️

Morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Val totally agree with you regarding school and kids this virus ain't going anywhere and a vaccine is not guaranteed so we must learn to live with it.l have to say l would also have a big problem with any vaccine that comes out l am not sure l would take it and l certainly wouldn't let my child have it.Again that's just my thoughts.l have to say all the drugs you are on could cause weight gain so l don't know for sure.Can you not taper without informing the psych? hope you have a decent day honey.love you.X

Morning Trish please stop worrying honestly you are doing yourself more harm constantly worrying about the damn virus.The virus is here to stay my love and we must get on with our lives.I am glad our wee man will be with you soon l really hope he will help you to come to terms with this.Keep your mind active honey and stay away from the dam news.love you my lST X

. Sorry folks l am in work and l have run out of time.Busy as ever.Will be back when l can.love you all.X

Hey twin! So good to hear from you I've been thinking a lot about you. I was beginning to worry about you.

Honestly Stut this virus is scary. I did well for a long time dealing with it but I'm really finding it difficult to cope with it this time around. The doom and gloom the news reports about it is enough to make anyone want to lock themselves in the house and never come out. The little guy came today. I'm officially babysitting everyday now for the foreseeable. Taking care of him did help keep my mind busy. Seems my grandson likes to be held... like all the time  :o  Oh well I'll have nice defined arms :laugh: :laugh:

You stay safe twinny and don't work too hard  ;)

love you, lst  :smitten: :smitten:

Good morning everyone.

Very scary jwl. My granddaughter is learning remotely for the entire school year , that's my daughter's child, but my son's little boy goes two days a week. I hate it. I want all the kids home. I'm with Mary better they fall behind one year rather than risk covid.  :-\

[29...]