Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

looks like a good little group of ladies here, been looking for extra support going through this madness! A couple cycles ago i noticed a huge amount of symptoms raging.. and then found this support group and was comforted knowing that it wasn't just me. Anyway, took my last bit of klonopin yesterday. and I'm nervous to say the least... crossing my fingers, and praying !!!

Congrats on k drop! All the best  :smitten:

Scardie, have you read the Ashton manual? There's a reason they recommend a cross over to Valium. It has a long half life which reduces interdose withdrawal and make long holds possible. As far as tolerance I don't think you need to worry about that once you start tapering. Is tolerance the reason you started tapering? Were you experiencing withdrawal symptoms before you started tapering?

There is something called cross tolerance. This means that once you become tolerant to one benzo you may be tolerant to the others as well. I switched from Klonopin to Valium and have been completely off of Klonopin for 3 full months though I started crossing over 5 months ago. VALIUM HAS NO EFFECT ON ME. This happens to people and Ashton mentions it. Also, the Ashton Manual was written 40 years ago.

Anyway, not sure how a long hold will help someone who is in tolerance. Also, Valium has a long half life but a short duration of action. I know many people who have interdose withdrawal on Valium because of the short duration of action.

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Morning Butterfly very true regarding cross tolerance very well documented.l have no idea what your history is so l can't really advice on your particular circumstances.Most people l would imagine are in tolerance when they begin to taper.l have been in tolerance for a very long time and l still hold.l have to say I decided a long time ago l was going to go as slowly as l needed to go to keep me semi functional.Holds are not a cure all for me and l have accepted that.Yes withdrawal symptoms do settle down however l am not symptomless.In other words it makes me feel a little less crappy.It also allows me to gather my strength to creep forward.ln simplified terms tolerance is not a reason to keep pushing through a taper.love to you.X

Morning LWT glad your stomach issues have resolved.l hope your daughter is still in recovery?I also hope your withdrawal symptoms are staying manageable? love you.X

Morning Troch l am sorry to read your fibro has increased.l know you tend to get ahead of yourself when you taper it really is like walking a tightrope.Try to be patient honey slow and steady is definitely the way to go.love you.X

Morning Jasmine that is excellent news woohoo 🎊🎉. You are definitely on the up.Just enjoy how you feel and forget about tapering at this time.love you.X

Morning Trish l hope our beautiful boy is keeping your mind of the virus.I know everyone is suffering so you are not alone.l think we have to learn to live with the virus.l know it won't be easy.I must be a bit of a nutter because l am not that worried I think l would rather live my life the best l can and living in fear isn't for me if that makes any sense.love you twiny and give my little man a hug from me.X

Morning Lady Mary, Olive Gilly Valley Val NJ GP Suzy Ginger Meems Esperanza Free Nova Miyu Intend Gilly Final Bill and everyone here sending you my love.X

thank for the welcoming.

does anybody deal with retention water, specially before periods, It's the worse for me as well as very swollen belly.

I can take 10 kgr of water in a day.

Scardie, have you read the Ashton manual? There's a reason they recommend a cross over to Valium. It has a long half life which reduces interdose withdrawal and make long holds possible. As far as tolerance I don't think you need to worry about that once you start tapering. Is tolerance the reason you started tapering? Were you experiencing withdrawal symptoms before you started tapering?

There is something called cross tolerance. This means that once you become tolerant to one benzo you may be tolerant to the others as well. I switched from Klonopin to Valium and have been completely off of Klonopin for 3 full months though I started crossing over 5 months ago. VALIUM HAS NO EFFECT ON ME. This happens to people and Ashton mentions it. Also, the Ashton Manual was written 40 years ago.

Anyway, not sure how a long hold will help someone who is in tolerance. Also, Valium has a long half life but a short duration of action. I know many people who have interdose withdrawal on Valium because of the short duration of action.

I think most of here are in tolerance that is benzos no longer have a therapeutic effect on us. What we're trying to do is to minimize withdrawal and Valium as per Ashton is the benzo of choice. Just because it was written years ago doesn't make it less true. Please read what  Blue001 posted on the Diazepam/Valium thread on how Valium metabolizes and why it has such a long half life

Jasmine, so good to hear your voice. I'm so glad that you're doing good and have finally stabilized. You're a perfect example of how long holds work.

How did you get disability? I've heard of some getting paid leave or going on FMLA but I don't think I've ever heard of anyone being able to get disability because of benzos.

Jwl

I got disability for panic disorder.

I was truly suicidal at that time and my bosses and spych filed a claim for me.

I don't feel really good today. Chest pain, and I have a sore throat and a cough. Probably due to all the raking

Do you take niacin or niacinamide supplements?

Jasmine, I didn't know you were in such bad shape but I'm glad you were able to get some financial support while recovering. You must have an amazing boss for him to support you.

Sorry you're not feeling well. Sometimes we feel so good that we overdo it.

Yes I take Niacin. It's part of my multi. It's a vasodilator that is it relaxes your blood vessels. Why are you taking it? I never heard of it helping with WD.

Thank you all for responding, so good to not be alone in this.  Wish none of us had this additional suffering. Wd is quite enough.  Praying for the strength to make it through.  This is rough!  Day 15 of bleeding now, ugh.  Def the most intense cycle I’ve had in my life.  Like you said, Trina...  acute psychosis.  Wow.  Ran the symptoms by a therapist and my doctor and confirmed as psychosis.  :( 

Kitsune I hope today isn’t as bad on you.  Glad you’ve had some help with holding.  Maybe a longer type hold would be wise for me at this point.  How are you going?

Trying2BHopeful, yes I’m wondering if this needs a longer type hold.  I don’t feel safe at all tapering over this.  Good question about tolerance wd.  I suspect yes.  Also an ultra rapid metabolized of diazepam. 

Shayna, thank you xx

Lexlu, congrats on freedom from K best wishes for smooth recovery, you’ve got this

Trina,  great to hear that things are not as bad in these hormonal shifts, such good news

Patty I don’t get too much water retention but def get worse Benzo belly around periods.  Swollen and GI issues worse. 

Hugs to all of you

❤️Uni

unicorn: Day 15 of bleeding?!!! Can you tolerate taking iron supplements? Or at least eat some dark greens or beef? I'm thinking maybe some source of iron may be beneficial. Just a thought.

unicorn : yes, 15 day of bleeding is so much. for iron, I know the best form that the most tolerate is bisglycinate iron.

for very bleeding periods, shepherd's purse is supposed to be the best plant.

do you tolerate plants?

you can take it in herbal tea.

hope it will get better.

Hi everyone. I hope you're dealing with the wd and the pandemic as best as possible.

Stut, if you happen to pop in and read this, my 14 y/o daughter is thinking of what to do when she grows up. I tell her she doesn't need to know just yet but she still thinks about it. She is very artistic but she doesn't see herself studying fine arts (she likes art but she doesn't dig being poor). Anyway, she's started saying that she'd like to be a nurse. That she likes to take care of people, that she thinks she'd like it. I tell her it's a very tough job. But I do picture her more in a hospital than in a bank for instance. Just so you know that you might have a successor here  :)

Hi everyone. I hope you're dealing with the wd and the pandemic as best as possible.

Stut, if you happen to pop in and read this, my 14 y/o daughter is thinking of what to do when she grows up. I tell her she doesn't need to know just yet but she still thinks about it. She is very artistic but she doesn't see herself studying fine arts (she likes art but she doesn't dig being poor). Anyway, she's started saying that she'd like to be a nurse. That she likes to take care of people, that she thinks she'd like it. I tell her it's a very tough job. But I do picture her more in a hospital than in a bank for instance. Just so you know that you might have a successor here  :)

Hey Vali, just wanted to say Hi , glad to see you posting quite a bit again.  Are you feeling better?

I know you are being safe, take care of that daughter of yours.  LY, Mary  ;):smitten:

Hey Vali, just wanted to say Hi , glad to see you posting quite a bit again.  Are you feeling better?

I know you are being safe, take care of that daughter of yours.  LY, Mary  ;):smitten:

Hi Mary!

I'm not posting for two reasons, one, I really have nothing new to report except that I feel much less symptomatic  ;D. But the main reason is I have SO MUCH WORK. I'm not going to start listing what I have to do each day because I have to do my accounting today (I'm at it now), but I have a lot of online classes, now with groups too, so I'm happy but very very tired and stressed. My apartment that I rented is for sale now after spending 13.000 euros refurbishing it, and the beach studio apartment I've put up for rent, let's see how that goes. A lot of online classes, between 5 and 6 a day, plus house, finances and daughter and my own health stuff, so no time to get bored. I thank the universe every day for allowing me to keep up with this. When my daughter is raised I want to lie on a beach for ten years and then die.

Hi Mary!

I'm not posting for two reasons, one, I really have nothing new to report except that I feel much less symptomatic  ;D. But the main reason is I have SO MUCH WORK. I'm not going to start listing what I have to do each day because I have to do my accounting today (I'm at it now), but I have a lot of online classes, now with groups too, so I'm happy but very very tired and stressed. My apartment that I rented is for sale now after spending 13.000 euros refurbishing it, and the beach studio apartment I've put up for rent, let's see how that goes. A lot of online classes, between 5 and 6 a day, plus house, finances and daughter and my own health stuff, so no time to get bored. I thank the universe every day for allowing me to keep up with this. When my daughter is raised I want to lie on a beach for ten years and then die.

That is very impressive my friend!!  Very proud of you, that's a lot, but really nice to hear you are happy  :D :D. You will deserve laying on the beach for a long time.  LY!!  🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘.    👻🎃👻🎃

Hi all - been a bit since I’ve posted.  Hope you’re all doing ok.  I’m in a really really bad wave.  It started about three days ago. I think I’m really triggered by the election coming up and the obsession I’ve had with all the news tv and twitter. Like obsessively addicted to it. So much fear about this election and covid.  People outside the US-this is what a lot of us are going through.  Plus the stress with my mom.  And I started taking magnesium too. Don’t know if that has anything to do.  And I’m hormonal (sorry guys).  I’be been holding at 4.62 mg.  But have gone into a wave that feels acute.  I’m not gonna name the sxs cause you all know. 

PLEASE send me some prayers and healing thoughts. 

Love,

Meems

Hi all - been a bit since I’ve posted.  Hope you’re all doing ok.  I’m in a really really bad wave.  It started about three days ago. I think I’m really triggered by the election coming up and the obsession I’ve had with all the news tv and twitter. Like obsessively addicted to it. So much fear about this election and covid.  People outside the US-this is what a lot of us are going through.  Plus the stress with my mom.  And I started taking magnesium too. Don’t know if that has anything to do.  And I’m hormonal (sorry guys).  I’be been holding at 4.62 mg.  But have gone into a wave that feels acute.  I’m not gonna name the sxs cause you all know. 

PLEASE send me some prayers and healing thoughts. 

Love,

Meems

Meems!!  I am so glad to hear from you, but hate you are in a wave.  I am definitely anxious about the election and virus too.  I can't help it, it is sooo important to all of us.  Plus you have extra stress on top of wd.  I bet you can look in search engine about the magnesium and anxiety.  I wish I could take it, it's suppose to help with so many things, but my heart rate is already low and that drops it  lower  :(.  Thinking about you girlfriend and sending you prayers🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏.  Really hope we get the best news ever in 3 days! LY, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😷😷😷👻🎃👻🎃👻💝💕💘

Calling all Trishy Bears!!  Of course, there is only one  :smitten: :smitten:    Miss you girlfriend, need to hear from you.  Love you very much 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘😷😷🙏🙋🏼🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏🙏🙏😷😷😷.      ♥️♥️♥️♥️.      👶💝.    Happy Halloween 👻🎃👻🎃👻 

Mary !!

Memes, I'm so sorry you're in a bad wave. I've heard from many people that magnesium can cause an uptick in symptoms although it doesn't seem to affect me. Yes it's a very stressful time with the election and all. Please try not to get too stressed over things you have no control over. Hope you feel better and sending you healing thoughts.

Val, do you live in Europe?

Thanks Mary and JWL.  Ya I’m wondering if magnesium may have ticked up my sxs.  I went out to get some errands done and go to the bank and holy moly the DP/DR.  Ugh!  I’ve been here before and know this passes.  It takes time. 

I get this way every presidential election cycle since 1988 but this is the most insane it’s ever been and going through F-in withdrawal.  Aghhhhhhh

Thanks Mary I’m gonna research magnesium effects.  I read it increases GABA so I started taking it.  Idk. 

Love u

Meems

Meems I'm sorry you're having such a bad wave. I'd love to take magnesium but I've read too many buddies reporting setbacks that they blame magnesium for so as much as my muscles and tendons are crying for it, I'll stay away from it. I hope you find a way to feel better. I'd keep holding but that's because I have this blind faith in holding, for the wonders it's done for me.

Mary thank you so much for your wishes, we might share some time on that beach together when things settle down for everyone.

Jwl, I'll PM you with my whereabouts.

Thanks Vali- ya I think it might be the supplement.  My muscles are crying for it too.  W/d has just thrashed my muscles and also I get twitches and tightness from w/d.  Spasms too.  Ugh. 

Meems I was looking at you signature and wondering, were you feeling fine before your 0.10 mg cut in July? The cuts seem small but I know how evil this drug can be. When you're very symptomatic it might be better to hold even if it takes forever. At least that's my personal bet in this. I can't afford to push through intolerable symptoms. When did you start taking the magnesium? Is there a correlation between taking it an a worsening in symptoms?

[a4...]