The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Trishy,

I'm sure today will bring good news about your granddaughter's test.  The vast majority of covid tests are negative.

I agree about getting that annoying clicking noise checked, but it is most likely something harmless.  Just getting things checked out can bring peace of mind and worth it for that alone.

I'm trying to keep my thoughts positive and not dwell on all that is going on.  Stut told me to watch my thoughts and she is right.  It requires constantly being aware of them. I practice over and over stopping thoughts of fear, worry or despair and affirming the opposite.

I have made a list of all things I want to address and made positive statements about them, and wrote them down.  These I say aloud twice a day and anytime I think of them. I'm trying hard to take back my power.

I hope for a better day for you Trishy and for all our friends here in LHSG. Ginger

Thank you Ginger, I hope you have a good day too.

I am going to Dr Thursday, ENT. THIS clicking sensation is driving me crazy. It doesn't make noise just a clicking sensation at the top of my throat when I swallow, so weird. 🤦‍♀️🤷🤷

😘💞💞

Just an update! My granddaughter tested negative for covid! Thank God!! It's probably just allergies. It's that time of year here with the leaves falling and that farm trip we took for pumpkins. Thank God! And thank you guys for all the support.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Oh TT, that is such good news.  I am so glad.  I don't really understand what is wrong with you though.  I need to read that again.  Did you get a Dr appointment?  Love you TT, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏😘😷

Trishy, not sure if this is helpful, but I get a clicking noise/sensation when I swallow sometimes. It comes and goes, not painful, just annoying. It sounds like it’s right by my ears, but feels like it’s on the sides of my throat.  I also grind my teeth at night and have to wear a night guard, so I suspect it’s benzo related in conjunction with the grinding.

Trishy, not sure if this is helpful, but I get a clicking noise/sensation when I swallow sometimes. It comes and goes, not painful, just annoying. It sounds like it’s right by my ears, but feels like it’s on the sides of my throat.  I also grind my teeth at night and have to wear a night guard, so I suspect it’s benzo related in conjunction with the grinding.

I am not a doctor and don't know for sure, but you may want to look at TMJ syndrome.  It's not uncommon.

Going to your doctor is great.

I am not a doctor and don't know for sure, but you may want to look at TMJ syndrome.  It's not uncommon.

Going to your doctor is great.

Both my dad and sister have TMJ, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I do as well.

Great news Trishy!

I'm going to be tested in about a week. Right now I'm in self isolation because I going to see my 92 year old mom who I haven't seen in about a year. This whole covid thing has been such a pain in the ass.

Kit, I grind my teeth too and have to wear a night guard.

Just an update! My granddaughter tested negative for covid! Thank God!! It's probably just allergies. It's that time of year here with the leaves falling and that farm trip we took for pumpkins. Thank God! And thank you guys for all the support.

Love to all,

Trishy ❤️

Oh TT, that is such good news.  I am so glad.  I don't really understand what is wrong with you though.  I need to read that again.  Did you get a Dr appointment?  Love you TT, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏😘😷

Hey Mary, yes going to Dr Thursday. It's hard to explain. When I swallow I feel a clicking sensation right in front of my throat but more to the right side. I feel like something gets caught on something and then releases. It does not make any noise just a sensation. It's not TMJ, no where near my jaw. It's right after my tonsil on the right side. If you put your finger right where your chin ends and throat begins it's right in that area I feel the sensation. It's maddening.

Love you too!

TT ❤️

Idk Kit. This is right at the top of my throat immediately after I swallow. It's not a noise it's a sensation of something getting stuck and releasing. I use the word clicking bc I have no other word to describe the feeling. It's very annoying. 😞

Great news Trishy!

I'm going to be tested in about a week. Right now I'm in self isolation because I going to see my 92 year old mom who I haven't seen in about a year. This whole covid thing has been such a pain in the ass.

Kit, I grind my teeth too and have to wear a night guard.

Thanks Jwl! You stay healthy, it's great you can go see your 92 yr old mom. I wish my mother was still alive. I miss her.

Totally agree covid is big pain in the ass!

Trying: ok thats stress..its not like just going to work and doing a role - you're overseeing others in their roles. I have a mini -plan for going back to work in mornings ...shower and lay out clothes night before. Choose a very basic makeup palette and keep it the same. Just run a hot iron thru my hair (or a clip on bad days). My car will be my lunchtime retreat if I need one.

Remember when we used to just get up and go and take on the world?...

Woohoo Trishy! So happy that it is not Covid.

TallGolfer, yes, when I was tapering I helped many times for holidays etc.. there's no rush!

Just need to complain, my psychiatrist of 2 years quit in March, then the new psychiatrist quit last month, now I’m waiting on my “new” psychiatrist to call for a phone appointment that was supposed to happen at 10:30 AM (it’s now a little after noon) and no call yet. Ugh! >:( >:(>:(

Woohoo Trishy! So happy that it is not Covid.

TallGolfer, yes, when I was tapering I helped many times for holidays etc.. there's no rush!

😘💞💞

Just need to complain, my psychiatrist of 2 years quit in March, then the new psychiatrist quit last month, now I’m waiting on my “new” psychiatrist to call for a phone appointment that was supposed to happen at 10:30 AM (it’s now a little after noon) and no call yet. Ugh! >:( >:(>:(

Oh Kit I'm sorry you're waiting so long. I hope you hear soon. I can imagine how anxious you must be i know I would be. Give it a little while longer then maybe give the office a call to make sure the call is still going to happen today.

Trishy ❤️

Oh Kit I'm sorry you're waiting so long. I hope you hear soon. I can imagine how anxious you must be i know I would be. Give it a little while longer then maybe give the office a call to make sure the call is still going to happen today.

Trishy ❤️

Thank you. It is making me a little anxious, but more annoyed than anything. I’ve gotten 3 calls in that time and they’ve all been spam! The office is closed for lunch now, but I plan on calling when they reopen.

Thanks Kitsu, Shayna and Trina. I’m going to the office tomorrow and trying to figure out how I can hide in my office...it’s messed up... I will be thinking of this group throughout the day when I have a difficult time, that will help me... you are all so strong and it encourages me... I had a useful session with my Psychologist today to reframe my decision about resigning from this job into something positive so I don’t end up bitter and angrier than I am about the many different losses from this medical poisoning.

Trying have u discussed that you are unwell to the team? U don’t need to go into specifics but perhaps tell them u have an illness and that u are working thru it and perhaps that will makes u feel less anxious about how u are feeling? When I got sick I was completely honest with my team and although I wasn’t in ur position I found my team really rallied around me and had my back on the bad days. I know I was lucky not everyone works with such lovely people. But we are all human, we all get sick or have things that happen in our lives that are challenging and when I put my hand up and said I’m struggling my team drew on the times they were struggling and they helped me through. My boss sat and cried with me one day telling me she tried to kill herself a couple of time with severe post natal and that she knew how hard it was to put on a brave face and that she’d help me thru. She covered for me when I had to leave early, when I couldn’t come in, when I was hiding in the toilet. My company sold that’s why I was made redundant it certainly wasn’t because anyone knew what was really going on, my bosses did not tell anyone because I was completely transparent with them. X

We women are truly strong the things that we can endure. Trying u are one tough cookie and u will get thru this ridiculous test too. Lady boss x

I went through a regular Dr's office like that.  My Dr would keep quitting, finally I asked one why they we're quitting.  She said the corporation made sure the top made all the money and the regular Dr's weren't paid for what they did.  She and I were just developing a relationship.  The guy that replaced her, is jus okay.  He's the third one in 4 years or so.  :idiot: :idiot:

Jwl, how is your taper going so far? I think you mentioned an uptick in sx a while back, but I may be thinking of someone else.

Hi Kit, I had a few days of benzo rage, short tempered and angry at everything. It went away after holding. I'm only at .79, crawling along at a snail's pace :)

Best news Trishy.  Prayers answered .  Good she was tested though.  I think it's better to catch things early if possible.  Ginger

:smitten: :smitten:

Trying: so have you legit decided to resign or just contemplating it? I completely agree with your psychologist about trying to reframe what feels (or is..)a loss. I can honestly say i've def had time to re-evaluate what I really want or need.

I have plan A - Regaining my career at best potential possible and everything is back to normal. Or... plan B....open minded to new opportunities life may bring me that I never explored before. 

Beautiful things can rise from the ashes -usually in the form of fresh green growth and renewal. - just a though that I "preach" to myself.  :)

[30...]