Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Sorry to hear that, GP. I hope you start to feel better soon. I had trouble eating for a long time. I could eat eggs though so they were my main staple. I did lose 20lbs. But I have now gainedIt all back. Sending you so much love.

Troch I’m so glad you are doing well! 2mg V is a magic number. You are almost there!

Whew! What a night in the US. That’s all I’ll say.

💖💖😬😱🙈☺️☹️😶

Olive Kitty I'm so happy to hear from you and that you're doing so great. You deserve it for so many reasons. I hope you keep thriving in every possible way.

Trotshetter, congratulations for hitting that 2 mg low. You're having a very successful taper all considered.

Meems I'm so sorry for your mother and sister's ailments. I really hope your sister gets well soon.

GP I hate to see you suffer so much. I remember when you went to see that show where you dressed up, you sounded so happy. I think this whole pandemic and not being able to flirt with the horny neighbor is getting at you. I feel your pain, my horny neighbor can no longer harass us either. Now, seriously, I'm seding a hug and hoping you heal.

Thanks so much, Trina. I appreciate it.  Normally I would have let an appointment or encounter like that roll off my back. We’ve moved around so much with the military that I’ve had many different Dr’s, some absolutely wonderful and others who were definitely less than desirable.  However, the recent experience with my primary and the benzo has unfortunately made me much more sensitive.  I know she wasn’t out to get me (just like I know my primary wasn’t), but I agree the art of listening and validation was seriously lacking.  So frustrating.  I’m just fragile in this wave.  Doesn’t help at all. 

Ugh to the thinning disc.  😞 I hope the PT helps you out!  Darn benzo mess. On side note, would an at home interferential unit or TENS device help out?  I have some lower disc issues with degenerative disc disease and when it flares up, I have an IF unit that a Dr Rx’d me a few years ago when I didn’t want pain meds.  It did help out some and my hubby even uses it now when his back flares up.  Back pain is no joke so I feel for you. 

🤗 Amanda

I had an appointment with my new psychiatrist today and she wants to diagnose me with PMDD, even though I told her it’s because of the benzo she wouldn’t listen. I am so irritated. I never had period problems before psych drugs, I know my symptoms are due to them! ARGH.

GP I hate to see you suffer so much. I remember when you went to see that show where you dressed up, you sounded so happy. I think this whole pandemic and not being able to flirt with the horny neighbor is getting at you. I feel your pain, my horny neighbor can no longer harass us either. Now, seriously, I'm seding a hug and hoping you heal.

:laugh: 

Kitsu, I empathize. Most of these Drs don’t listen. I’ve resolved to not consult any of them unless I must. Sunshine, hang in there. You will get back to your old self one day.

sunshine: My husband suggested a tens unit..but i'm scared bc my nervous system is so messed up from benzos all meds ago paradoxical so would the tens be a bad or good idea? Basically its stimulation overrides the pain stimulus..so essentially its activating the nervous system in a way....

Hey all - just found out my sister who has lung cancer is in the hospital as she has pneumonia in one of her lungs.  I didn’t talk to her.  Don’t know if she’s been tested for covid or not.  She lives in West Virginia and they don’t have a mask mandate and are very anti mask there so if she does have it she could have contacted it from her boyfriend who could have contracted it and been asymptotic.  I’m jumping to conclusions but how did she just all of a sudden get pneumonia?  I’m here in CA and she’s in West Virginia.  Even if I lived there I wouldn’t be able to visit her.  I am numb.  Please keep her and my mom in your thoughts and prayers.

2020 can go fuck off!  Sorry for my language. 

Meems

I am so so sorry Meems.  My heart hurts for you.  I am sending your whole family healing thoughts.

LY, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😷.    ❣️💕♥️💝

Thanks Mary.  It’s just one blow after another.  😿

Hey Meems, saying prayers for your sister. I'm so sorry 😞

Big hugs girlfriend :mybuddy:❤️❤️❤️

Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm getting adrenaline dumps daily. My heart rate is up and I think it's from watching my 4 month old grand baby. I get adrenaline dumping from my dysautonomia and wd.. I'm not sure what to do about it. I get all rev'd up daily. The babysitting is very strenuous my grandson likes to be held. I'm on my feet almost all day. I'm changing diapers, feeding and washing bottles and rocking him, walking the floors.. You all get the picture. It's a lot for someone who has pots and going thru wd.. Any advice is always welcome guys. Chime in if you think you can help. Love to all! Trishy ❤️❤️❤️

Hey all - just found out my sister who has lung cancer is in the hospital as she has pneumonia in one of her lungs.  I didn’t talk to her.  Don’t know if she’s been tested for covid or not.  She lives in West Virginia and they don’t have a mask mandate and are very anti mask there so if she does have it she could have contacted it from her boyfriend who could have contracted it and been asymptotic.  I’m jumping to conclusions but how did she just all of a sudden get pneumonia?  I’m here in CA and she’s in West Virginia.  Even if I lived there I wouldn’t be able to visit her.  I am numb.  Please keep her and my mom in your thoughts and prayers.

2020 can go fuck off!  Sorry for my language. 

Meems

I am so so sorry Meems.  My heart hurts for you.  I am sending your whole family healing thoughts.

LY, Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😷.    ❣️💕♥️💝

Thanks Mary.  It’s just one blow after another.  😿

Big hugs girlfriend :mybuddy:❤️❤️❤️

Big hugs girlfriend :mybuddy:❤️❤️

Thanks Trishy! 

💗 Meems

Trishy- now I’m not a dr (just had to say that) but have you talked to your doc about beta blockers?  I’ve read they are pretty safe and not chemically dependent.  Idk just a thought. 

Meems

Trishy, would a baby carrier be an option beings your grandson likes to be held so much? It might make it easier on you and fulfill his need to be held.

Olive Kitty - it’s so good to watch you on your post taper journey.  I can’t wait to get to where you are.  I am so happy for you.  I haven’t known you through your taper I met you right when you walked off and so happy to hear your freedom and health. 

Love you to the moon fellow cat woman.

Ohhhhh I’ve wanted to share, those who remember back in July I lost my beloved Maggie to cancer.  Well then I had that handsome outdoor male cat, “Romeo”, that started hanging around about a month before she died and then hung around about a month after.  Well, he took off eventually and hasn’t been back.  So dunno what happened but I think he was sent to me to help me transition her and with my grief.  And...I almost adopted a 4 week older kitten that was abandoned with 3 other litter mates.  They were found in a box on a hiking trail.  But I decided against it cause my male 15 yr old Sam would be pissed.  Thought it might be too hard to handle. 

😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

Olive Kitty I'm so happy to hear from you and that you're doing so great. You deserve it for so many reasons. I hope you keep thriving in every possible way.

Trotshetter, congratulations for hitting that 2 mg low. You're having a very successful taper all considered.

Meems I'm so sorry for your mother and sister's ailments. I really hope your sister gets well soon.

Thank you Val for your well wishes about my sister.  It’s hard.  Cancer is horrible.  Just horrible. 

💗meems

Trishy- now I’m not a dr (just had to say that) but have you talked to your doc about beta blockers?  I’ve read they are pretty safe and not chemically dependent.  Idk just a thought. 

Meems

Hey Meems,

I'm already on a beta blocker. I have been on one for 27 yrs. I take .25 mgs of atenelol everyday at 7 pm but my heart breaks through it. They can't increase my dosage either bc my heart rate tends to run in the high 40's to low 50's so have to be careful. 😞 But thank you for answering 😘

Trishy, would a baby carrier be an option beings your grandson likes to be held so much? It might make it easier on you and fulfill his need to be held.

Hi Kit,

That's a great idea accept he's a little chunker lol and I'm on the small size so I think that might kill my back. It's an awesome idea though. 😘

Hey everyone,

Just have to say that I really miss this group! I haven't been posting much, very busy these days but I really miss reading about everyone and chatting.❤️ You're all such a great group and supportive. Love to all of you!

Stay strong my peeps!

Trishy ❤️❤️❤️

Stay strong my people

Olive Kitty - it’s so good to watch you on your post taper journey.  I can’t wait to get to where you are.  I am so happy for you.  I haven’t known you through your taper I met you right when you walked off and so happy to hear your freedom and health. 

Love you to the moon fellow cat woman.

Ohhhhh I’ve wanted to share, those who remember back in July I lost my beloved Maggie to cancer.  Well then I had that handsome outdoor male cat, “Romeo”, that started hanging around about a month before she died and then hung around about a month after.  Well, he took off eventually and hasn’t been back.  So dunno what happened but I think he was sent to me to help me transition her and with my grief.  And...I almost adopted a 4 week older kitten that was abandoned with 3 other litter mates.  They were found in a box on a hiking trail.  But I decided against it cause my male 15 yr old Sam would be pissed.  Thought it might be too hard to handle. 

😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻

I believe that, you just never know how an older male cat might act with a kitten.  I would have another dog too if it wasn't for wd  :(.  LY 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘🙏😷😷😷

Hey Trishy 🐻.  I am sorry this is so hard.  That thing Kit recommended might help.  My girlfriend got one and it worked great.  It's been a very anxious week.  Will pm you later.  Love you girlfriend.

🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏😷.    ♥️❣️💕💝.    👶❣️

sunshine: My husband suggested a tens unit..but i'm scared bc my nervous system is so messed up from benzos all meds ago paradoxical so would the tens be a bad or good idea? Basically its stimulation overrides the pain stimulus..so essentially its activating the nervous system in a way....

Trina, good point. I do not have knowledge of how either would affect the overall nervous system, other than at the site of pain, but I would imagine a tens might be a safer bet as it’s not as deep a penetration of frequency as the ifc.  Both effective at releasing endorphins though so I completely understand that concern right now of being too sensitive.  Hopefully a physical therapist can be of great help and info in this regard.  I’m sure heat and ice are your best friends!  Stinks getting older for sure. 

Hey Trishy 🐻.  I am sorry this is so hard.  That thing Kit recommended might help.  My girlfriend got one and it worked great.  It's been a very anxious week.  Will pm you later.  Love you girlfriend.

🙋🏼🙋🏼😘😘😘😘🙏🙏🙏🙏😷.    ♥️❣️💕💝.    👶❣️

It has been a very anxious week 😬.. ok you pm me when you get a chance. 😘❤️

Kitsune, that is super frustrating. You know your body. So done with the obsessive need to diagnose everything.  It seems if they would listen even half as much as they are quick to diagnose, we’d still be in better situations. 

Thanks, Trying.  I am hanging in there and fighting the good fight. 

Happy healing thoughts to you all!

Trishy,

Do you have one of those automatic baby swings?  It kept my babies happy for long periods of time so I could get a break.  You're doing a wonderful thing watching your little grandson, but babies are a full time job, and then some.  Ginger

Trishy,

Do you have one of those automatic baby swings?  It kept my babies happy for long periods of time so I could get a break.  You're doing a wonderful thing watching your little grandson, but babies are a full time job, and then some.  Ginger

Hi Ginger! Yes I do have a swing and it's currently his bed bc it's the only way I can put him down some of the time. I also have a gliding rocking chair that I rock him in. He's just one of those babies who likes to be close to the body. I wonder if it's bc he's breast fed. I obviously give him the bottle 😂😂 but my dil is not. So I will buy whatever contraptions I have too to try to get him to be more independent from my body. I love, love, love holding him but it's a bit much for me when it's almost all of the time. He'll probably kill me but he's so worth it! 😉

Love you long lost sister, ❤️❤️❤️

Trishy

[5c...]