The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

I should mention that some of us in withdrawal have the pain associated with UTIs, but when tested, don’t actually have a UTI, it’s just a withdrawal symptom. This has been the issue I’ve been dealing with lately and it comes and goes— particularly bad when I’m tapering too fast, and goes away when I slow down or hold. So make sure to get your urine tested so that you aren’t taking antibiotics unnecessarily.

Trishy, just had blood work and voted.  Now waiting to hear about your appointment girlfriend, love and thinking about you!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷😷😷😷♥️

Hey girlfriend! Yay, get that all important vote in! 🌊 My appt went very well. The ENT Dr was just adorable. She reminded me of my daughter. Actually if I had another son I would want him to meet her lol! So she scoped me 😳 it wasn't all that bad but she put the scope down my nose and into my throat. She said it all looked great and she showed me on a TV screen after she did it. She couldn't feel the swelling in my neck but I myself think it's gone way down since I first noticed it. She said the clicking sensation I'm feeling sounds like cartilage rubbing or something like that. She said I wasn't the first person to ever complain of this and she has sent people for MRI's and they always come back showing nothing. She also said she could order an ultra sound of my throat if it would make me feel better. I told her that I'll wait a couple more weeks and if it's driving me crazy I'll come back and she agreed that was a good plan. So she thinks I'm just fine nothing serious.

So I do feel better after having seen her. I really liked her and she was very easy to talk too and gave me all the time I needed. I will stick with her for an ENT Dr.

TT, 😷💞💞💞💞

More good news Trishy!  A good doctor is worth her weight in diamonds.  I hope your anxiety has eased up. 

I saw my new primary dr Monday.  He spent lots of time and was thorough.  Having an EGD and colonoscopy next month.  My digestive tract is better.  I'm doing yoga and a morning exercise for hiatal hernia.  My symptoms fit, and 1 in 3 people have one, they're very common.  Anyway the yoga seems to be working. 

Scardie,  great news that your dr recommends holding.  Benzo wise doctors are few and far between.  Ginger

Thanks for the help ladies appreciate it x I am taking 5htp and probiotic, fish oil occasionally and vitamin c. I used to drink magnesium every night but haven’t been lately x

Trishy, just had blood work and voted.  Now waiting to hear about your appointment girlfriend, love and thinking about you!  Mary 🙋🏼🙋🏼🙏🙏😘😘😷😷😷😷😷♥️

Hey girlfriend! Yay, get that all important vote in! 🌊 My appt went very well. The ENT Dr was just adorable. She reminded me of my daughter. Actually if I had another son I would want him to meet her lol! So she scoped me 😳 it wasn't all that bad but she put the scope down my nose and into my throat. She said it all looked great and she showed me on a TV screen after she did it. She couldn't feel the swelling in my neck but I myself think it's gone way down since I first noticed it. She said the clicking sensation I'm feeling sounds like cartilage rubbing or something like that. She said I wasn't the first person to ever complain of this and she has sent people for MRI's and they always come back showing nothing. She also said she could order an ultra sound of my throat if it would make me feel better. I told her that I'll wait a couple more weeks and if it's driving me crazy I'll come back and she agreed that was a good plan. So she thinks I'm just fine nothing serious.

So I do feel better after having seen her. I really liked her and she was very easy to talk too and gave me all the time I needed. I will stick with her for an ENT Dr.

TT, 😷💞💞💞💞

More good news Trishy!  A good doctor is worth her weight in diamonds.  I hope your anxiety has eased up. 

I saw my new primary dr Monday.  He spent lots of time and was thorough.  Having an EGD and colonoscopy next month.  My digestive tract is better.  I'm doing yoga and a morning exercise for hiatal hernia.  My symptoms fit, and 1 in 3 people have one, they're very common.  Anyway the yoga seems to be working. 

Scardie,  great news that your dr recommends holding.  Benzo wise doctors are few and far between.  Ginger

Hey Ginger,

Yes good Drs aren't always easy to come by. I'm still pretty anxious but it's more the worry over covid and the direction the country is going in.

I'm glad you're feeling better. My mother had a hiatal hernia and so does my husband. He gets a lot of heartburn.

Here's to good health and better days sister! 🥂

Love ya,

Trishy ❤️

Ginger, can you do a video for me of that move  :laugh: :laugh:  I need something to help my benzo belly.  I will look on YouTube  ;).  I am glad you are feeling better.  LY 🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷

Trishy, that sounds like a good, very well thought out plan.  I know you will be as careful as you can.  I have seen those things on a commercial.  They looked really interesting and perfect for what you need.  I can't believe we are in this mess, let's hope we are close to getting the help we need.  :(

That baby will keep a smile on your face 👶💝❣️🙋🏼😘🙏🙏😷

LY! ♥️💕❣️

Okay so I was in h--- the other day - today has been a window - this recovery process is insane :idiot:

Shayna - I did fine with macrobid

Melanie - I'm just glad you have help! And we all miss the "old us" - its still there..just on pause:)

Trying: I've always taken fish oil(omega 3). I have no problem with a low dose D. Just last period I took some iron bc I felt low and I had no problems, but this was the first time in awhile I was ok with it. All things going well I may try a drop of b-complex soon. Right now I'm just relying on nutrient dense foods. What makes you ask?

I take d mannose, garlic pills, a zinc/vitamin c gummy, and a probiotic. I’ve been taking all of these since the last few weeks of my taper, and I’ve tolerated them fine. I tried to take a low dose vitamin d this past month, and I had a nasty wave come in the next day. I don’t know if the d set it off or something else, but I’ve been just opting for sunshine and a serving of vitamin d milk a day since. I’ll probably try the d again in a few months, because I’m insufficient.

Beauty

My benzo brain sometimes feels desperate and starts thinking there surely must be supplements that can help us through this that we just don’t know about... I know I know... bloods tests showed deficiency in vitamin d, iron and b12. So I take 1000U vitamin D, 15mg chelated iron supplement and b12. I tried to increase the iron and vitD dosage and got into a wave so low doses for now. I’m also taking omega3 and recently started Vitamin B1, I cut the pill in half for now. I read that B6 can help with our PMS so was thinking of taking that a week before the period starts... does anyone know about B8 (Inositol)? I need something to help with the brain twitches while falling asleep so contemplating trying either B6/B8....

I don't know much about b8 so I can't comment on that.

I think its amazing that you can tolerate so many vit/supplements! I think like anything...just time..more time is needed. Sounds like you're doing everything you can:)

Hello,

I'm new here. I have problems too with menstrual issue and withdrawn.

The thing that really help me was St John's Wort for depression before period. Now I take IRSS antidepressant.

So I can't take it anymore.

Three plants helps me too : yarrow, alchemilla and Vitex agnus-castus (can't find the name in english).

They are regulators for oestrogen and progesteron.

I take too vitamine B complex and evening primrose oil.

I took inositol before but did nothing.

Ginger, can you do a video for me of that move  :laugh: :laugh:  I need something to help my benzo belly.  I will look on YouTube  ;).  I am glad you are feeling better.  LY 🙋🏼😘😘🙏🙏😷

Hi Mary, Here is the one I'm doing.  https://youtu.be/geNfabdNUgI.  I hope you can open it.  It's  by Monica Yearwood and titled Release Hiatal Hernia Technique.  It seems to be helping.  Hope you get some relief from benzo belly.  Ginger

Trishy, that sounds like a good, very well thought out plan.  I know you will be as careful as you can.  I have seen those things on a commercial.  They looked really interesting and perfect for what you need.  I can't believe we are in this mess, let's hope we are close to getting the help we need.  :(

That baby will keep a smile on your face 👶💝❣️🙋🏼😘🙏🙏😷

LY! ♥️💕❣️

Hey girl!

Yeah so I will do my best to be careful with my little guy.

I have so much anxiety I don't know what to do with it. I cleaned all morning so far, did laundry, going to make a baby blanket out of fleece today.. Don't know what else I can do but to stay as busy as possible.

I feel like my throat is swollen on one side and I had a little bit more of that clicking sensation as well 😩 I'm wondering if it's gerd. I'm going on an anti inflammatory diet. I hope it helps. I have been so bad about my diet especially during covid. I really just haven't given a damn. I know you went on this diet so if you have tips pm me. I'll probably do more of a partial or mostly anti inflammatory foods. I can't go strict with my diet or I'll blow it 😜

TT, trying times 😏😘💞💞💞💞

Scaredie, I am so glad your doctor is on board with holding! That must be a huge relief. Therapy can be very helpful, a good therapist is worth their weight in gold. ❤️ I think you will start to feel better with the combination of a long hold and therapy. Please try not to worry about kindling or long term damage, this group in particular exists because long holds HELP. You are giving yourself time to heal and stabilize.

Thanks for the feedback, Kit,

Yes, quite a relief. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope I can find the right therapist. When I get the time. It takes me forever to research such things. I'm holding untill I get through too many upcoming doctors appointments. I'm not sure how long that will be. It's so hard on hubby😢💔

My best to you

TT, 😷💞💞💞💞

Ginger,

Sorry to hear your having GI issues. Glad you don't seem too worried about it. Best wishes fir good outcome.

Yes, I'm very fortunate it worked out that way with p doc. I don think he's really benzo wise, just nice, & willing to keep status quo., I guess?🤷🏻‍♀️ X

Trishy,

I hope your still feeling better. And if not you get some answers.

Be well peeps

❤️SC

Hi Mary, Here is the one I'm doing.  https://youtu.be/geNfabdNUgI.  I hope you can open it.  It's  by Monica Yearwood and titled Release Hiatal Hernia Technique.  It seems to be helping.  Hope you get some relief from benzo belly.  Ginger

Yes!  It works, thank you.  I will give it a try, but probably not today.  We had a drunk driver pull into our driveway. Hit both our vehicles, trying to flee after hitting my neighbors car in the street.  All at 3 this morning, it was a disaster Ginger.  3 cop cars, a wrecker and the guys in jail.  I am trying not to take a nap incase my husband can come home and get a nap with me.  Truthfully, my head is getting very heavy  :laugh:  Thanks again for that video.  My benzo belly needs help!  LY!  🙋🏼😘😷

Yes!  It works, thank you.  I will give it a try, but probably not today.  We had a drunk driver pull into our driveway. Hit both our vehicles, trying to flee after hitting my neighbors car in the street.  All at 3 this morning, it was a disaster Ginger.  3 cop cars, a wrecker and the guys in jail.  I am trying not to take a nap incase my husband can come home and get a nap with me.  Truthfully, my head is getting very heavy  :laugh:  Thanks again for that video.  My benzo belly needs help!  LY!  🙋🏼😘😷

Oh my gosh, Mary. Sorry to hear that. I hope everyone is ok. And it gets sorted without too much stress.

Hope you get rest.

XX

Hello Patty, welcome. This group of ladies are amazing and very supportive. We are lucky to have this group.. Thanks for sharing your info. Trina, maybe I’ll wait till Dec before adding new supplements. I just get desperate sometimes and need to be reminded it’s withdrawal and only time will heal... I hope your cycle hump is completely settled now.. Shayna, I hope the UTI is getting better, or maybe it’s just withdrawal like Kitsu says...

Wow Mary, crazy!! That just happened to a friend of mine. She has a door camera and caught it on tape, though it woke her up out of a cold sleep.

I'm sorry you had to experience that! Sending you guys love.

TT, 😷💞💞💞💞

Ginger,

Sorry to hear your having GI issues. Glad you don't seem too worried about it. Best wishes fir good outcome.

Yes, I'm very fortunate it worked out that way with p doc. I don think he's really benzo wise, just nice, & willing to keep status quo., I guess?🤷🏻‍♀️ X

Trishy,

I hope your still feeling better. And if not you get some answers.

Be well peeps

❤️SC

I'm hanging in Scardie. I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with everyone's posts I've been so wrapped up in my own misery but I hope everything is settling down for you.

Hang in there girl 💪❤️

Mary, I hopped on and saw you had quite the ordeal early this morning. I'm glad you're all ok.

I hope the guy gets what he has coming to him. He could have killed someone in the condition he was in. I also hope he gets the help he needs he clearly needs it. What's most important though is you, Tim and your neighbors are all ok. There was a tragedy in my state some years back where a pick up truck went right into a house and I believe a child was killed in that. She was in the living room I think when the truck plowed through.

Glad that was not the case with you guys. 🙏🙏🙏

Love ya,

Trishy ❤️

My goodness Mary, what next? Thankfully you are ok and no one injured.  I imagine your vehicles may need some body repair.  What a night you had.

I hope Mr. Drunk driver has learned a lesson and gets some help.  Get a good nap in.  It's snowing here, our first of the season.  It's so quiet and pretty, but a heavy wet snow when the trees still have most of their leaves can spell trouble for my neighborhood.  We had that last October and so many trees were toppled or so damaged they had to be removed. 

Sweet dreams.  Ginger

Wow Mary, crazy!! That just happened to a friend of mine. She has a door camera and caught it on tape, though it woke her up out of a cold sleep.

I'm sorry you had to experience that! Sending you guys love.

Thanks OK!  It really is no way to wake up at 3, but it could have been worse.  My husband loves his truck and it is still close to new.  It is a good looking deep red and now it's all banged up  :(.  Mine is new too, but when you're in wd, somehow it doesn't matter as much  :D. I am just glad he didn't push Tim's truck into the garage door.  What are you up too?  Are you in Portland or back on CA?

LY 🙋🏼😘😷

Just a reminder that supplements/vitamins that work awesome for one can be horrendous for someone else. Only try one new thing at a time to see how you respond to it:)

[69...]