The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thanks Mary, that's sweet of you.

I've just eaten a chocolate rabbit. Don't tell the Easter bunny or he'll be after me....

You're a good old stick, Mary. You're running this thread now and doing a very good job.

💙💜💙💜💙  Gilly xxxxx

Hi Gilly.

Glad you had that chocolate bunny.

Mary is doing a great job!

Hope you feel better today.

A chocolate bunny is good for anyone today. 🎀 💙💚💛

Hello Intend! I think it might be one of those where you don't think you've improved much but when you think about what you were like three of four days ago, you know you've made some progress.

How are you?  G 💙💚💛

Oh, Trishy, so sorry it is hanging on, but that is one of my favorite paintings in the world. I wish all of you dear friends a Happy Easter. May the bunny leave us all a window! Love, Esperanza

The Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh.

This is Trish’s current avatar.

Hi intend, I've missed you! Haven't seen you here much but then again I haven't been on much, just feel miserable 😜

Hope you and Dan have a peaceful day Easter day together.

❤️❤️

Hi Trish. I’ve been around and reading. Lots of things have happened while you’ve gotten so sick.

I read in the paper that the CDC has reported that even though flu shots this past fall were given at the same rate as usual, there has been a second go round of a strain that has hit many people. I know it has hit here as many people have been coughing and hacking just like you.

Hope you hurry up and get better. I think you mentioned  you were using “steam?” I guess that’s a vaporizer. Dan got it too, and he used a humidifier.

Maybe you could try some old fashioned cough drops to break this cycle of coughing. Like I told Dan, when you cough, it irritates the throat which causes more coughing.

I just hope you get better, and that you and Rich have a good day today. 🐥 🐣 🌷 🥚💝

Hey intend, we're like two ships passing in the night, when I'm on your not.  :D

So I was swabbed for flu at the walk-in urgent Care clinic last week and it was negative and I was also swabbed for strep as I only had a fever and sore throat at the time ,along with chills and aches, then the cough came and it's one hell of a cough. It's deep in my chest. The fever went away after day two and it never went higher than 100.3 , so who knows what this is but my guess is bronchitis. Anywho, today was better so far as coughing goes so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's on its way out.

Hope you and Dan enjoyed your Easter.

Your coughing Colbert :laugh: :laugh:

Hello Intend! I think it might be one of those where you don't think you've improved much but when you think about what you were like three of four days ago, you know you've made some progress.

How are you?  G 💙💚💛

Gilly, I think you’re right about that. I’m doing ok today.

I pay attention all the time to see how I feel from one day to the next. I want to keep tapering to get off this stuff, so I know you’re right.

We should monitor this closely, but also try to  monitor from week to week. That way we get the overall picture. 💜❤️

I've just eaten a chocolate rabbit. Don't tell the Easter bunny or he'll be after me....

You're a good old stick, Mary. You're running this thread now and doing a very good job.

💙💜💙💜💙  Gilly xxxxx

I am helping run  this thread, with all of you English .  Tim didn't buy me a bunny.  :(

💙💜💙💜💙  Gilly xxxxx

I am helping run  this thread, with all of you English .  Tim didn't buy me a bunny.  :(

Mary,

I didn’t get one either, but I have too many stuffed animals anyway.

I even have Grumpy Cat. Blake bought him for me about 2 years ago. 🌹

How are you?  G 💙💚💛

Gilly, I think you’re right about that. I’m doing ok today.

I pay attention all the time to see how I feel from one day to the next. I want to keep tapering to get off this stuff, so I know you’re right.

We should monitor this closely, but also try to  monitor from week to week. That way we get the overall picture. 💜❤️

I tell a lot of people to monitor in a notebook ( or if more computer literate  :laugh:). Use a spreadsheet.  I learned that from Can't, he always says it, and in that way , you might see a pattern that can help.  I always thought that was such a good idea, I repeat a lot of stuff he says.  I should watch it before he sues me  :D. It's hard to tell some days to the next though, when I had my one and only window, it was several days before I realized that was happening.  Of course, it was right after the eye surgery too ;). Love you ladies 🐱🐱🐾🐾. Both my kitty ladies  ;)

💙💜💙💜💙  Gilly xxxxx

Mary,

The perfect stuffed animal for you  :laugh:;D.  Just Kidding, you know I think you're great

Esperanza, thinking about you my cousin.  Hope your day wasn't too rough.  Love you very much and missed your wise and funny presence .  Mary 🥕🐇🥕🐇🥕🐇🐰🍄🐰🍄🐰🍄🐰🍄.    👒👒👒👒👒👒👒

💙💜💙💜💙  Gilly xxxxx

Mary,

The perfect stuffed animal for you  :laugh:;D.  Just Kidding, you know I think you're great

Mary,

You’re right. I am a grump a lot of the time. And talk about annoyed. I get annoyed at good old Dan all the time.

I got annoyed at him today and almost everyday. But can we live w/o these men?

Um... time to ponder and contemplate again.

Ok, we cannot.

I like the suggestion to monitor by keeping  a notebook to see a pattern. I think I’ve got my pattern figured out. I hope I do anyway.

Another indispensable man named Cant. Let’s see. He’s a ninja turtle I think. So Cant, it’s turtle 🐢 time. 🐢 🐢 🐢  :thumbsup:

Night LHSG, hope your Easter was full of hope, and rabbits and some fun.... watching the end of a movie I need to pay attention too.  Sleep well, love you all, Mary 💝💞💘💕❣️

Stut , In case you peak on , know I love you! Lady Mary 🌺🌺🍄🍄🐱🐕🐶🐾🐾🐾

Morning everyone, couldn't sleep and my husband's going out off town, so I just got up.  This not sleeping well is new, and it sucks :).  Went to two doses yesterday, on valium, so that should cover me, hope my body adjusts quickly. 

Here is hoping you all have a decent day.  Love you all!  Mary 🌺🌺🦉🐕

Stut, you around my Queen?  🍀☘️🍀☘️🍀☘️🍀 Lady Mary

Morning everyone, couldn't sleep and my husband's going out off town, so I just got up.  This not sleeping well is new, and it sucks :).  Went to two doses yesterday, on valium, so that should cover me, hope my body adjusts quickly. 

Hey Mary,

Welcome to the land of early birds. I've been up since 4 , I'm calling in today, still not feeling that great but definitely getting better. What do you mean you went to 2 doses of Valium yesterday? Did you increase or decrease?

Hey Mary,

Welcome to the land of early birds. I've been up since 4 , I'm calling in today, still not feeling that great but definitely getting better. What do you mean you went to 2 doses of Valium yesterday? Did you increase or decrease?

Hey you, neither, been titrating, down to 10.36 and was just taking a small piece in the afternoon, just decided it was time to put that little bit in the nighttime dose, so instead of 3 , just doing 2 now.  Glad you are getting better, hopefully that cough is getting ready to go away.  Rest some....love ya, Mary 💘💞💕❣️

Hey Mary,

Hey you, neither, been titrating, down to 10.36 and was just taking a small piece in the afternoon, just decided it was time to put that little bit in the nighttime dose, so instead of 3 , just doing 2 now.  Glad you are getting better, hopefully that cough is getting ready to go away.  Rest some....love ya, Mary 💘💞💕❣️

Oh ok I get it. This damn cough is the worst, it's slow to leave.

How was your Easter, did you go anywhere. I went to my sister's for dinner and had to leave early bc I felt awful. I have fatigue from this, however, I do think it's getting better ever do slowly ☹️

How long will Tim be gone? I hope not to long..

😘💞💞

Hey Mary,

How was your Easter, did you go anywhere. I went to my sister's for dinner and had to leave early bc I felt awful. I have fatigue from this, however, I do think it's getting better ever do slowly ☹️

😘💞💞

No, I did something stupid and have been paying for it ever since.  We bought 2 Leeza xl twins to go in our adjustable bed, some how, Amazon dropped them off on the front porch without Sly hearing them which never happens, so I felt like I should get them in myself, which was a bad move.  Now I really hurt in certain places and not sleeping well.  Sly never doesn't hear them, never.  He barks like a crazy dog  :laugh: :laugh:  I have tried to stretch through it, but not making a lot of headway yet.

Damn, pain sucks.  Tim will just be gone one night, thank goodness.

Hey Mary,

😘💞💞

No, I did something stupid and have been paying for it ever since.  We bought 2 Leeza xl twins to go in our adjustable bed, some how, Amazon dropped them off on the front porch without Sly hearing them which never happens, so I felt like I should get them in myself, which was a bad move.  Now I really hurt in certain places and not sleeping well.  Sly never doesn't hear them, never.  He barks like a crazy dog  :laugh: :laugh:  I have tried to stretch through it, but not making a lot of headway yet.

Sorry Mary I'm still here, two of my friends have been texting me so I was busy responding to them.

Well I'm glad that Tim will only be gone for a night, also what were you thinking girl trying to lift on your own?? I won't be too hard on you for that though bc I've done it myself :idiot:

Did you try ice and heat for the pain?

Hey Mary,

😘💞💞

Sorry Mary I'm still here, two of my friends have been texting me so I was busy responding to them.

Well I'm glad that Tim will only be gone for a night, also what were you thinking girl trying to lift on your own?? I won't be too hard on you for that though bc I've done it myself :idiot:

I have heat on it now  ;D. Heat has been my primary med for my back through this whole nasty thing.

Hey Mary,

😘💞💞

I have heat on it now  ;D. Heat has been my primary med for my back through this whole nasty thing.

Ok good, I prefer heat over ice. I shower in the morning but I take nice hot baths to relax me at night. Why don't you soak in a nice hot bath today. That way you get all your muscles in. ;D

Hey Mary,

😘💞💞

Ok good, I prefer heat over ice. I shower in the morning but I take nice hot baths to relax me at night. Why don't you soak in a nice hot bath today. That way you get all your muscles in. ;D

I may try that, cause it's weird but it's mostly in my sides, my left side is just a disaster  :(

Hey Mary,

😘💞💞

I may try that, cause it's weird but it's mostly in my sides, my left side is just a disaster  :(

Oh dear lord my phone is blowing up today, my daughter had me on the phone and then Rich called, he calls me every morning from work and then the teacher I work with was texting me 🤪 it's been not stop since about 6:00 . Anyway, I think a bath could help it may help if your tensing up bc of pain making the matter worse. So soak away some time today my dear friend and enjoy 🛀😊

Well, did everyone get enough chocolate and jelly beans? Surely the Easter Bunny did well by us all, considering how much we earned a little sweetness over this past year. I didn’t consider the fact that I had to ride in the backseat on the way home. My mother-in-law has the be upfront. At 91, I am just glad she can still get out. Not going to cram in a tiny space. That said, I wish I hadn’t eaten too many Easter eggs. Kind of funny. I was throwing up in an empty Target bag while she chattered away to Tom about her friends at assisted living. She is very hard of hearing, so I didn’t upset her. It was a good day, all in all. Doing anything is a struggle for me now, but some things are worth struggling for. Someday, maybe we can all eliminate the word “struggle” from the moments that should be ones of joy. May it be so. Esperanza

Sorry you've been sick, Espy. Hope you're okay now.  💙

Mary, I've done silly things like that before. I once pulled a new oven up a flight of stairs. Crazy. I was lucky I was alright. Hope you're okay soon. The hot bath sounds like a good idea. Love to you. 💙

Trishy, I'm sorry the "lurgy" is still with you. That word is from a British comedy I think. It covers all illnesses. Were you back at school today? It's a bank holiday over here. Most kids back at school tomorrow. Sending love. 💙

Well, I am still suffering from the change of my generic Mirtazepine. I've emailed the doctor's and I'm hoping they can give me my old brand tomorrow or the day after.

According to the pattern of my w/d, I should be due a window but I've no idea where the damn thing is. Perhaps it won't arrive until the meds brand change. Easter has been a total non-event. Felt rubbish almost all the time.

Sorry to be a misery. Hello to everyone I haven't mentioned.

Lots of Love.  Gilly xxx 💟💟💟

[97...]