Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Just a quick hello you guys, I'm feeling shitty, coughed again all day and I've pulled muscles in my back and chest from coughing so hard. I'm exhausted from all this hacking..ujgggggggg :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hope you're all doing much better than me right now.

Love you all,

Trish

Are you taking anything Trishy?

Just a quick hello you guys, I'm feeling shitty, coughed again all day and I've pulled muscles in my back and chest from coughing so hard. I'm exhausted from all this hacking..ujgggggggg :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Love you all,

Trish

No can't take anything over the counter, can't take decongestants because of how sensitive my heart is to them, it can easily put me into an arrythmia it had before ☹️ so unfortunately I have to just ride it out. I'm drinking a ton of water and using stream but that's about it.

Love you all,

Trish

No can't take anything over the counter, can't take decongestants because of how sensitive my heart is to them, it can easily put me into an arrythmia it had before ☹️ so unfortunately I have to just ride it out. I'm drinking a ton of water and using stream but that's about it.

Cough it up girl, sorry you are still sick :(

Love you all,

Trish

Cough it up girl, sorry you are still sick :(

Thanks, ... Hope tomorrow is better this thing needs to go.

Ok well good night hope you have a good night, I'll check in tomorrow.

😘💞💞

A post of builder 's

Well, that's not exactly the way the process works.

The body tries to stay in equilibrium by constantly making adjustments to current  conditions.  When you start taking a benzo, it obviously depresses some nervous responses, so to protect itself  it reduces its response to GABA to maintain  equilibrium. 

Conversely, when you reduce your dose, and the downer effect from the benzo declines, the body responds by increasing its response to GABA.

And when you try to lower your dose faster than the body can respond, that's withdrawal.

So when I got down to 3mg 1)  that's a really small dose (yes, it is), AND  2) my taper rate was so slow (about .25mg/14 days) that my body was now able to respond as quickly as I was cutting.

And somewhere around 1-2mg, valium really has no physiological effect, so your dependency has essentially ended.

I say it over and over, the whole concept of a daily microtaper is simply to more closely match your taper rate to your body's recovery rate.  And its NOT about making accurate cuts, or precise cuts, its about making gradual cuts.  Because thats how the body responds, gradually.

[4e...]

Too reset your time from GMT, so that it corresponds to your own time zone, all you have to do is go to —> Modify Profile —> Look and Layout.

Then change the Time Offset (from 0) accordingly.

For the east coast, enter -4 and for the west coast, -7, for example. That’s for daylight saving time.

You have to change it again for standard time, to -5 and -8, respectively.

Hope that helps.

That’s crazy stuff, Intend. Gosh, best wishes getting it all sorted out. Glad Taper is dood.

goodnight LHSG...well wishes to all. :smitten: XX💕🌈😴

Sometime, I need to figure out how the time that shows on this website correlates with my time.

Me too Scardie. I’ve tried to figure the time out several times, but it’s Greenwich Mean Time set by the Royal observatory in London England.

It’s the exact moment time the sun crosses the Greenwich meridian and reaches its highest point in the sky there in Greenwich. Somewhat confusing unless one is an astronomer.

Okay, :sleepy: :sleepy: good night everyone, hope you sleep well, love you all, Mary.  ♥️🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🌷❤️🦋

Wow, just read through everyone posts, forgive me if I can’t remember all I read & proper names. Intend, hope all went well today & yes benzo free astronauts, sounds good to me💫Leslie, much thanks thanks for the time tip, will try & check it out when not so tired.🤛🏻Chinck? Yes I have had many overwhelming fears come & go, many you mentioned, some stay & I have to learn to accept, like Gilly said. I do understand. That’s why I made my avatar ET, because, I feel so far from home, from me & I was feeling all sad & overwhelmed by it yesterday. In my opinion, we must try acceptance, one thing, one day at a time, try not to let what seems like all the things we can’t do overwhelm us. Cherish any good moment & be proud of yourself for achievements, small & large. English, sorry I missed what’s shakin with your bacon, but I hope things are on the better side for you. Bill, glad you’re well, thanks for sharing hope. Mary, I’m good with ET, sorta represents my goal, to find my way back home. You go girl with the workouts. Trishy, I’m so sorry to hear you’re suffering with no relief. Can you try chamomile tea with honey? Any decaf tea with honey? What about plain mucinex? Can you get a script for cough? Just some ideas. Hope you find relief soon. Oh forgive me if I’ve left anyone out. That was a big memory test for me. Can’t, T, Stut, hm, brain done. Goodnight LHSG, sweet dreams & healing hugs, XX, SC-ET👆🏻💕🌈😴

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Lady Mary glad to see you are in better form my love.ls it the idea of a bigger dungeon that has lifted you 😳.l hope your weather has improved and Tim got a good sleep last night.l am in Dublin the weather is perfect so happy days.Going off to the beach for a chilled day so will try to get on over Easter.love you my lady Mary.

Trish better out than in so cough it up.lf it's anything like the virus we had here the cough lingered for about 3 weeks.l know it is annoying but it will pass.love you my lST.

Gilly and Espy hang in there you are strong ladies and you will get through this.l know how hopeless this all feels but it is withdrawal and it will pass.Keep yourselves safe sending love and hugs.

Sc well done you remembered plenty that old brain of yours is still working.Now be patient and wait.love to you.

Intend l hope your journey went well my love.l think you must have a bit of Jewish ancestry somewhere along the line? Now if you said feck every other word l would be sure you were from the South 😀.

Sending love to you and Dan.

T glad to hear things are picking up the hold is doing it's job.l hope today sees more improvement.love to you.

Love and hugs Stut X

Morning Jen how do l cope? It's very simple l have to l don't have any support so l have to keep going no matter how l feel.l know for me that has been a blessing and a curse but l must say it has not allowed me to become trapped in a cycle of avoidance and fear.

I know you are probably thinking she isn't that bad well l could fill a couple of pages with symptoms which have been both disturbing and crippling.l am never free from symptoms nor have l ever had a window.

I believe in exposure therapy because the more we avoid things the more we fear and on and on it goes until there is nothing we can do.

I have and will continue to say this make a list of your fears pick something and face it.You are not weak however you must take some control back.

Love to you.

Love and hugs Stut X

Too reset your time from GMT, so that it corresponds to your own time zone, all you have to do is go to —> Modify Profile —> Look and Layout.

For the east coast, enter -4 and for the west coast, -7, for example. That’s for daylight saving time.

Hope that helps.

That’s crazy stuff, Intend. Gosh, best wishes getting it all sorted out. Glad Taper is dood.

Sometime, I need to figure out how the time that shows on this website correlates with my time.

Me too Scardie. I’ve tried to figure the time out several times, but it’s Greenwich Mean Time set by the Royal observatory in London England.

It’s the exact moment time the sun crosses the Greenwich meridian and reaches its highest point in the sky there in Greenwich. Somewhat confusing unless one is an astronomer.

Thank you so much Leslie that is something we have been discussing off and on for a long time.l hope you are doing well my love and l must say you are doing an amazing job on this forum.

. Love and hugs Stut X

[4e...]

Aww, thanks Stut, I think of you so often, and I’m happy that you’re able to push through this battle with such determination. Hope you have a lovely time at the beach!

xoxo Leslie  :smitten::smitten::smitten:

Good morning LHSG hoping everyone has a better day.

Lady Mary glad to see you are in better form my love.ls it the idea of a bigger dungeon that has lifted you 😳.l hope your weather has improved and Tim got a good sleep last night.l am in Dublin the weather is perfect so happy days.Going off to the beach for a chilled day so will try to get on over Easter.love you my lady Mary.

Trish better out than in so cough it up.lf it's anything like the virus we had here the cough lingered for about 3 weeks.l know it is annoying but it will pass.love you my lST.

Gilly and Espy hang in there you are strong ladies and you will get through this.l know how hopeless this all feels but it is withdrawal and it will pass.Keep yourselves safe sending love and hugs.

Sc well done you remembered plenty that old brain of yours is still working.Now be patient and wait.love to you.

Intend l hope your journey went well my love.l think you must have a bit of Jewish ancestry somewhere along the line? Now if you said feck every other word l would be sure you were from the South 😀.

Sending love to you and Dan.

T glad to hear things are picking up the hold is doing it's job.l hope today sees more improvement.love to you.

Love and hugs Stut X

Oh Queen Stut, yes beat the seller up on the castle, get me a good deal and I will give you a %  :laugh: :laugh:  I have decided a dungeon suits me well and have a few in mind to try it out :laugh:

Hope you are feeling better, I wish I could see Muffin swim, I would love that, Daisy play on the beach and Socks pee and poop :D. Easy to tell your favorites.  Love you, your Lady Mary 🐝🌺🌻🌷🌼🦋🐣

Morning LHSG, really hoping people feel better today.  Just hate all the suffering  :(. I think of you all and love you very much.  We are here together for a reason, to support one another, Mary 🐝🌺🌻🌷🌼🦋🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣

Hope that helps.

THANK YOU LESLIE ASH!

:thumbsup: Heathcliff

Hope that helps.

THANK YOU LESLIE ASH!

:thumbsup: Heathcliff

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: 🌺

I see you my Queen, think you are sneaky do ya?  Oh, I see, you saw B3 on!    Sizing him up for the dungeon, hmmmmm?    :laugh:

Wow, just read through everyone posts, forgive me if I can’t remember all I read & proper names. Intend, hope all went well today & yes benzo free astronauts, sounds good to me💫Leslie, much thanks thanks for the time tip, will try & check it out when not so tired.🤛🏻Chinck? Yes I have had many overwhelming fears come & go, many you mentioned, some stay & I have to learn to accept, like Gilly said. I do understand. That’s why I made my avatar ET, because, I feel so far from home, from me & I was feeling all sad & overwhelmed by it yesterday. In my opinion, we must try acceptance, one thing, one day at a time, try not to let what seems like all the things we can’t do overwhelm us. Cherish any good moment & be proud of yourself for achievements, small & large. English, sorry I missed what’s shakin with your bacon, but I hope things are on the better side for you. Bill, glad you’re well, thanks for sharing hope. Mary, I’m good with ET, sorta represents my goal, to find my way back home. You go girl with the workouts. Trishy, I’m so sorry to hear you’re suffering with no relief. Can you try chamomile tea with honey? Any decaf tea with honey? What about plain mucinex? Can you get a script for cough? Just some ideas. Hope you find relief soon. Oh forgive me if I’ve left anyone out. That was a big memory test for me. Can’t, T, Stut, hm, brain done. Goodnight LHSG, sweet dreams & healing hugs, XX, SC-ET👆🏻💕🌈😴

Scaredie,

I noticed your new avatar. What you wrote about makes good sense to me. 💙

Gilly, I understand the thoughts. We are told to just recognize them as only thoughts and let them go. I know from experience that that is very very hard to do when you are hurting. It helps me just to tell people and that is what you did here, in a safe loving place. Maybe that will help a bit. We can’t take away your pain, but we can validate it. Keeping remembering that tomorrow doesn’t have to be like today. And if it is, that doesn’t mean it won’t change the next day. If you can, just let today be Only Today and get through it as best you can. Of course, you know all this already. I am sending you the best hug I can, Esperanza

Stut, your post about your own withdrawal resonated with me. You are an amazing woman. Enjoy your Easter in Dublin. Love, Esperanza

Thank you so much, Espy. Yes, I may know these things but I need to be told over and over again. Dave is a love, but he doesn't get that at all. I am really grateful to you. Love, Gilly xxxx

[87...]