Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Good morning group!

Sounds like the overall mood is improved today, though it sounds like many still aren’t feeling great.  So that’s a mixed bag, but moving in the right direction maybe?

I’ve had a few pretty good days in a row, and today seems to be starting out well.  This  is a relief and a good sign I think.  Maybe I’m finally stabilizing.  I hope others can get some times of clarity soon.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. 

Chin, earlier in my journey I experienced a lot f fears, and I still have some fear of symptoms.  This is normal in withdrawal and it resolves.  Mary had a good suggestion to take one fear and try to face it.  It’s called exposure therapy and it helps your brain eventually relearn it should not fear these things.  But take it slow, and repeat the exposure occasionally.  If you hold stable in time your system will become stronger and the fears will subside.  Sometimes this is like a fight, but you can do it we are here for you.

Have a decent day everyone

Bill

Chinchuck, I'm in a wave right now and a lot of things are scary. If I get a window then it all goes away. I hope we both get a window soon. Love, Gx

Chin, honey what you have described is totally my life. It is not the real me, it is what the benzo did. I know what it is like to fear the feeling it gives me to do anything. It isn’t real fear. It is a feeling that my brain recognizes as real fear. I am not really afraid to do laundry. I am afraid of the feeling I get. And it is the same feeling I would get if I was walking alone after dark in a very dangerous place. It is hard enough to feel this way. Please do not feel embarrassment to think you could make it go away f you were a stronger person. Just living through it, proves you are strong. Love, Esperanza

That's exactly right, Espy. My daughter rang and it was hard work to talk to her. The Dr Jekyll part of me talks to her for hours. But Mr Hyde is here right now. My Mum rang and she said to keep an eye on the front door. I had a meltdown yesterday and I've got the feeling that she's sent me some flowers. That would make me so happy if I was the real me. Instead I'm thinking what an effort it will be to unwrap and arrange them. I feel so bloody ungrateful. And I know that I will look at them and feel guilty for putting my family through this. Just hold on, Espy and Chinchuck.

That’s crazy stuff, Intend. Gosh, best wishes getting it all sorted out. Glad Taper is dood.

goodnight LHSG...well wishes to all. :smitten: XX💕🌈😴

Sometime, I need to figure out how the time that shows on this website correlates with my time.

Me too Scardie. I’ve tried to figure the time out several times, but it’s Greenwich Mean Time set by the Royal observatory in London England.

It’s the exact moment time the sun crosses the Greenwich meridian and reaches its highest point in the sky there in Greenwich. Somewhat confusing unless one is an astronomer.

Oh thanks, Intend! Then I’ll definitely leave it be & not worry about it. You are so smart, just to know all you wrote above about. Hope it’s as smooth as can be for you today. XX

Good morning group!

Sounds like the overall mood is improved today, though it sounds like many still aren’t feeling great.  So that’s a mixed bag, but moving in the right direction maybe?

I’ve had a few pretty good days in a row, and today seems to be starting out well.  This  is a relief and a good sign I think.  Maybe I’m finally stabilizing.  I hope others can get some times of clarity soon.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. 

Chin, earlier in my journey I experienced a lot f fears, and I still have some fear of symptoms.  This is normal in withdrawal and it resolves.  Mary had a good suggestion to take one fear and try to face it.  It’s called exposure therapy and it helps your brain eventually relearn it should not fear these things.  But take it slow, and repeat the exposure occasionally.  If you hold stable in time your system will become stronger and the fears will subside.  Sometimes this is like a fight, but you can do it we are here for you.

Have a decent day everyone

Bill

Morning Bill, so happy you are feeling well.  I have had one window, it lasted almost 3 weeks and it was wonderful.  Would have been better if I hadn't just had cataract surgery  :laugh:  glad you are with us and giving us hope.  Thanks!  Love Mary 🐣🐣🐣🌻😎

Thank you Mary. I am so embarrassed that it has got out of hand. First it was agoraphobia, now it's everything. I have got so I dare not think of anything or it turns into a fear. I haven't heard of others being this paralysed by it. It would give me comfort to know that others have had fear that prevents everything and have are feeling better now. It's completely disabled me, I am afraid of going downstairs, talking on the phone, the door bell , talking to people, tv books, all the things I loved are fears now. I hope it goes, but of course I fear it wont. Oh my it's just crazy

I get this way quite a bit now. Fear of my computer, fear of my finished basement, fear of going places; just think/imagine it, and I probably have fear of it.

My CNS has just been too mucked up with 6 changes of generic clonazepam.

Thank you Mary. I am so embarrassed that it has got out of hand. First it was agoraphobia, now it's everything. I have got so I dare not think of anything or it turns into a fear. I haven't heard of others being this paralysed by it. It would give me comfort to know that others have had fear that prevents everything and have are feeling better now. It's completely disabled me, I am afraid of going downstairs, talking on the phone, the door bell , talking to people, tv books, all the things I loved are fears now. I hope it goes, but of course I fear it wont. Oh my it's just crazy

If you go to search on the homepage, type in fear of every thing, I bet some posts come up from other people.  There are people on here that have the same thing.  I have read it in their posts

;) you are not the only one and eventually it will ease up.  ♥️

And you have that person right here.

I get this way quite a bit now. Fear of my computer, fear of my finished basement, fear of going places; just think/imagine it, and I probably have fear of it.

My CNS has just been too mucked up with 6 changes of generic clonazepam.

Intend, I know you have a lot of fear now, but you are one of the bravest people I know.  You just do it anyway, and that is brave as hell 🌹🌹

That’s crazy stuff, Intend. Gosh, best wishes getting it all sorted out. Glad Taper is dood.

Sometime, I need to figure out how the time that shows on this website correlates with my time.

Me too Scardie. I’ve tried to figure the time out several times, but it’s Greenwich Mean Time set by the Royal observatory in London England.

It’s the exact moment time the sun crosses the Greenwich meridian and reaches its highest point in the sky there in Greenwich. Somewhat confusing unless one is an astronomer.

Oh thanks, Intend! Then I’ll definitely leave it be & not worry about it. You are so smart, just to know all you wrote above about. Hope it’s as smooth as can be for you today. XX

Scaredie,

Today, the 18th of  April is going to be a toughie. I wish I was an astronomer because I would make so much money doing that. Let’s go to London and be astronomers. No benzos, just $.

I love ET, and I am always looking for names for  people, so Scardie, all my posts to you will be to ET  :D

I’m on my way to Utah Retirement Systems all the ways in downtown Salt Lake City.

Good luck to me is all I can say.

Dan is heading off with Mary. Hope the traffic is ok. Yikes!!

And Oy Vey from the Irish ☘️ one. I mean the one from Southern Ireland.

I’m on my way to Utah Retirement Systems all the ways in downtown Salt Lake City.

Good luck to me is all I can say.

Dan is heading off with Mary. Hope the traffic is ok. Yikes!!

And Oy Vey from the Irish ☘️ one. I mean the one from Southern Ireland.

:laugh: :laugh:  you should have made Dan go with you.

If it's Greenwich Mean Time then it's an hour out. (I'm in the UK). But we put our clocks forward a week or so ago, so that might be it.  Gx

Having a melt down  just because I had to sort out my mobile phone, It's too much just now I hope I haven't lost my mind. Thank you for the messages of understanding. I think I have to make me come back somehow and find a way forward. Come out fighting . I am sick of being terrified and  I know exactly the feeling about the flowers. What was once a pleasure is another stress too much.  How do you all cope?

Hi Chinchuck. I guess we cope because there's nothing else we can do.

IMO, I think fighting it is the WORST thing you can do. It leads to more stress. The best thing is Acceptance, though I know it is instinctive to fight.

Oh, things like mobile phones are very frustrating and stressful. You are not the only one. Remember that things like that are also stressful to people who are well.....

Love, Gilly xxx

Hi Chinchuck. I guess we cope because there's nothing else we can do.

IMO, I think fighting it is the WORST thing you can do. It leads to more stress. The best thing is Acceptance, though I know it is instinctive to fight.

Oh, things like mobile phones are very frustrating and stressful. You are not the only one. Remember that things like that are also stressful to people who are well.....

Love, Gilly xxx

me for one, figuring out electronic anything has always been a challenge and just annoys the crap out of me  :)

English, are you feeling any better?  :smitten:

Hi Mary. I'm better than I was yesterday thanks. My Mum and Rebecca say I couldn't have been worse. I was bad. I completely flipped out.

Trying to accept now. I can't upset Rebecca again as much as I did yesterday.

How are you, my friend? Gxxx

Hi Mary. I'm better than I was yesterday thanks. My Mum and Rebecca say I couldn't have been worse. I was bad. I completely flipped out.

Trying to accept now. I can't upset Rebecca again as much as I did yesterday.

How are you, my friend? Gxxx

I'm okay , doing better, going to exercise in a little while, washing sheets now.  Another exciting day  :).  What was wrong yesterday?

Oh Mary, I was a mess. I don't want to go back into it.

You are so disciplined about your exercise. I really admire you.

Gxxx

Just a quick hello you guys, I'm feeling shitty, coughed again all day and I've pulled muscles in my back and chest from coughing so hard. I'm exhausted from all this hacking..ujgggggggg :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hope you're all doing much better than me right now.

Love you all,

Trish

[e2...]