Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.

[He...]

God help me thru today.

Me too!  The depression is almost unbearable.  I'll say us a prayer.

Sage, Shayna.  Hoping you get some rest soon and have a better day.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [Ac...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

God help me thru today.

I know sage honey. I’m about to go to work. I also have a hangover from unisom that did t work. God help us xx

God help me thru today.

I know sage honey. I’m about to go to work. I also have a hangover from unisom that did t work. God help us xx

(((hugs)))  You're so brave.  No way I could work through this.

I’m not brave, I just know staying home is not going to make one iota of difference. I could meditate all day in an epsom salt bath scented with lavender and still not sleep. Plus I only just started this job and I can’t call in sick yet. It is so hard, but sometimes it’s better to fake being normal than crying all day at home. I’ve done that for 2 years.

Stay strong sage xxx

I’m not brave, I just know staying home is not going to make one iota of difference. I could meditate all day in an epsom salt bath scented with lavender and still not sleep. Plus I only just started this job and I can’t call in sick yet. It is so hard, but sometimes it’s better to fake being normal than crying all day at home. I’ve done that for 2 years.

Stay strong sage xxx

I totally understand that.  Staying home is killing my mind.  Unfortunately, I'm not even physically capable of going to a job because of how weak I am.  I need to find something important to do or I'm going to go crazy. 

Sage I didn’t Work for 2 years and 4 months. I was probably bedbound or couch surfing for 1 year of that, but I always filled my days once I got on the move. Walking, cleaning my house, reading. Keeping busy is key, regardless of how much sleep u get. Otherwise u give urself time to think, and thinking is the devil in all this. U have to just roll with it as best u can coz trust me, fighting it does not work.

Make urself a nice bath and a cup of tea and have a soak with a good book. Be kind to urself x

Sage I didn’t Work for 2 years and 4 months. I was probably bedbound or couch surfing for 1 year of that, but I always filled my days once I got on the move. Walking, cleaning my house, reading. Keeping busy is key, regardless of how much sleep u get. Otherwise u give urself time to think, and thinking is the devil in all this. U have to just roll with it as best u can coz trust me, fighting it does not work.

Make urself a nice bath and a cup of tea and have a soak with a good book. Be kind to urself x

Thank you Shayna  :smitten:  I know you're right.  Wish my muscles would cooperate.

Hi guys,

Sorry you are having it so rough. It's been a good ten days since I had an 8 hour night. The night before last was 5 hours and last night was about 3, maybe 4. I am job hunting and going to go back to the gym today, to see if that helps.

Wishing you a great day and great sleep tonight.

HM

wishing you all recovery and good rest!

heres whats been working for:

california poppy extract, i take around 2 droppers full (which i think is around 20ml) and I've read its a safe herb (but do your own due dilligence obviously)

melatonin, depends on the night I'll take anywhere from 300mcg to 3mg, on the weekends i lift heavy weights so that affects my sleep so on those nights i take around 2-3mg of melatonin + california poppy..

if i feel im in a good week, i'll stay off the california poppy and just stay on melatonin (the california poppy also does not leave me feeling like shit unlike more synthetic sleep drugs, im going for the all natural because i wake up feeling good, may wake up tired but at least not feeling like shit)...

i also still take the Bach Rescue Sleep in emergencies but I have noticed i need to take 2 and it can take up to an hour to actually kick in...

chamomile tea (anywhere form 1 - 3 bags at the same time depending on how im feeling) at 7pm is also a daily ritual, and no caffeine except after waking up...

dim lights at night, stretching, breathing meditation, my lavender roller that i sniff a bit before watching a movie until im tired...

those are my things that have helped me a lot... again all natural cause it feels better... everyone is different theres lots of other natural things that may work for you like valerian root, lemon balm, passiflora, im just sharing what has worked for me but feel free to find something that works for you and there is something that will...

as a last resort, i do still have doxylinate succinate, advil, aspirin, but i try to stay away as much as possible from this (But i think keeping them by my bedside kinda provides me with a mental relief that if i really really really needed it, its there... ) i do take the aspirin sometimes on the days i workout or just feel a headache, but its low dose...

sending out love to all of you and wishes of recovery. you'll one day be laughing back at how much pain you endured and how you made it out. believe it.

It's 3:22 AM and it's looking to be a zero night.  I can hardly believe this after having so many nights of good sleep.  I'm becoming a useless zombie crippled by anxiety and depression.

I just read this...I had PM you but now I know your update....so so truly sorry...I too am having Anxiety, depression and insomnia. I was fine for weeks...sunday night I had really good sleep then Monday morning the anxiety started and it didn't stop all day...by night time I knew by the consistent level of rushes there would be little to no sleep...yesterday morning what an emotional mess..my wife laid hands on me and prayed for healing...it worked! I was fine the rest of the afternoon..felt sleepy 9pm...thought ok I am done let's get back to window but no! Went to bed at 11pm and rushes came over me with lots of crap thoughts.....the bad thoughts: my wife is going to leave me if I don't get it together soon, I am going to lose my job, I am going to lose everything I have worked for in my life....NONE OF IT IS TRUE!

I know you believe in God....I told my wife what the thoughts were and she said that's the devil putting that in my mind...when she said that I fought back..When I realized it was that bastard trying to ruin my life I knew who I was up against...I battle alcoholism 10 years ago and have been sober of booze since Sept 6, 2011...that was huge battle that took everything I had to beat..

We can beat this too.....and we will heal....as I mentioned, I find your story amazing...you caught COVID and it brought you back to BB due to your nervous system to re damaged....scary...I went to give vocal lessons to a friend yesterday and he said he had a cold...we were standing in his patio...I say I can't risk it being COVID and left...I was kind of upset he didn't text me saying I'm sick lets postpone....I thought of you the whole time...

God Bless and Prays for Sage :smitten: :smitten:

It's 3:22 AM and it's looking to be a zero night.  I can hardly believe this after having so many nights of good sleep.  I'm becoming a useless zombie crippled by anxiety and depression.

I just read this...I had PM you but now I know your update....so so truly sorry...I too am having Anxiety, depression and insomnia. I was fine for weeks...sunday night I had really good sleep then Monday morning the anxiety started and it didn't stop all day...by night time I knew by the consistent level of rushes there would be little to no sleep...yesterday morning what an emotional mess..my wife laid hands on me and prayed for healing...it worked! I was fine the rest of the afternoon..felt sleepy 9pm...thought ok I am done let's get back to window but no! Went to bed at 11pm and rushes came over me with lots of crap thoughts.....the bad thoughts: my wife is going to leave me if I don't get it together soon, I am going to lose my job, I am going to lose everything I have worked for in my life....NONE OF IT IS TRUE!

I know you believe in God....I told my wife what the thoughts were and she said that's the devil putting that in my mind...when she said that I fought back..When I realized it was that bastard trying to ruin my life I knew who I was up against...I battle alcoholism 10 years ago and have been sober of booze since Sept 6, 2011...that was huge battle that took everything I had to beat..

We can beat this too.....and we will heal....as I mentioned, I find your story amazing...you caught COVID and it brought you back to BB due to your nervous system to re damaged....scary...I went to give vocal lessons to a friend yesterday and he said he had a cold...we were standing in his patio...I say I can't risk it being COVID and left...I was kind of upset he didn't text me saying I'm sick lets postpone....I thought of you the whole time...

Aww, Blue. I was hoping you were gone from here for good, not because I didn't want to talk to you but because I had hoped your window would last and you would be healed.  I'm so sorry the anxiety and insomnia is back.  Mine just keeps on getting worse.  I can't seem to sleep more than one night without having another zero.  Tonight has been a zero.  Just so dang discouraged because zero nights give rise to days of extreme anxiety and depression.  This is just ravaging my body and mind.  And it's so scary because Covid is a big unknown.  I have no idea how long this will last or whether I'll be able to withstand it.  That's good you just left when you found out your friend was sick.  It was truly stupid of him not to tell you before letting you come over.  I hope this wave doesn't last you very long.   

Aww, Blue. I was hoping you were gone from here for good, not because I didn't want to talk to you but because I had hoped your window would last and you would be healed.  I'm so sorry the anxiety and insomnia is back.  Mine just keeps on getting worse.  I can't seem to sleep more than one night without having another zero.  Tonight has been a zero.  Just so dang discouraged because zero nights give rise to days of extreme anxiety and depression.  This is just ravaging my body and mind.  And it's so scary because Covid is a big unknown.  I have no idea how long this will last or whether I'll be able to withstand it.  That's good you just left when you found out your friend was sick.  It was truly stupid of him not to tell you before letting you come over.  I hope this wave doesn't last you very long. 

Thank you Sage! I just slept two hours but woke up literally with my heart pounding and in a panic which has never happened before. So it looks like fours hours of sleep total BUT anxiety rushes....I'm on my knees begging for relief... I thought I was healed or well on my way to the end....this is truly the worse experience in my life!

God help us please...have mercy on your servants and heal us  :'( :'( :'(

Thank you Sage! I just slept two hours but woke up literally with my heart pounding and in a panic which has never happened before. So it looks like fours hours of sleep total BUT anxiety rushes....I'm on my knees begging for relief... I thought I was healed or well on my way to the end....this is truly the worse experience in my life!

Oh wow, that is so discouraging!  Sometimes a little sleep can be worse than none if you wake up with your heart pounding and in a panic.  I've been there done that too.  I'm really glad your wife is so loving and supportive, we need that so badly when things get rough.  My husband has continually offered to lay with me while I'm suffering, but I tell him no because I need him not to be tired during the day if I need his help.  Also, I don't want him getting sick.  But he's been very kind and willing to put himself out to comfort me, which I appreciate so much. 

Oh wow, that is so discouraging!  Sometimes a little sleep can be worse than none if you wake up with your heart pounding and in a panic.  I've been there done that too.  I'm really glad your wife is so loving and supportive, we need that so badly when things get rough.  My husband has continually offered to lay with me while I'm suffering, but I tell him no because I need him not to be tired during the day if I need his help.  Also, I don't want him getting sick.  But he's been very kind and willing to put himself out to comfort me, which I appreciate so much.

I know Sage I know.. :'( :'( :'( :'( please God help us

Hey guys.  I am back in acute.  It has been days now of bad mental symptoms.  I think due to a setback from stopping nasal steroids.  My skin felt like it was burning off my body all night.  I got maybe 3 hours of broken sleep.

Blue, sage, AD, rex, shayna, HM - How are you all doing this morning?

Hey guys.  I am back in acute.  It has been days now of bad mental symptoms.  I think due to a setback from stopping nasal steroids.  My skin felt like it was burning off my body all night.  I got maybe 3 hours of broken sleep.

Blue, sage, AD, rex, shayna, HM - How are you all doing this morning?

Hi JB,

Sorry to hear this..sounds awful! ...burning skin? ouch!!  :-[ :-[

I had a very rough night..my second in a row after having weeks of a window..maybe 4 hours of sleep (2 from 10 to 12 then 2 from 330 to 530) but the anxiety and intrusive thoughts are through the roof!!  :'( :'( :'( Woke up first time my heart pounding which was caused  panicking

I was doing business with Mexico City yesterday on the phone which I have done before...I know it is safe in the parts I travel yet I had a nightmare I was being chopped up into piece by the cartel...It was so real I had to really snap back after I woke BUT the anxiety was  really bad.. I crawled into bed with my wife who assured me it was not real...My God JB...what a night of fun  :-[ :-[ :-[

Glad we have each other  :thumbsup:

I am glad we have each other too.  Dont know where I would be without this incredible support system. 

I get those type of nightmares too.  You wake up with your heart racing, breathing rapidly, almost in a panic and knowing if you dont try to calm down quickly you will go into full panic with all the adreneline, intrusive thoughts and everything else to go with it!

We are healing!

I am glad we have each other too.  Dont know where I would be without this incredible support system. 

I get those type of nightmares too.  You wake up with your heart racing, breathing rapidly, almost in a panic and knowing if you dont try to calm down quickly you will go into full panic with all the adreneline, intrusive thoughts and everything else to go with it!

We are healing!

Yes JBen, we are healing! Construction going on in the brain big time!! Agree, an incredible support system with valuable info. I would have thought I was losing my mind had it not been for those who have gone before us and advised us on this terrible terrible process of healing!

I'm going through hell this morning...I laid down after I posted here and felt calm only to have a rush come over me within 20 mins.....this sucks....I'm going eat some food as it time to eat and it may lower rushes....I have little appetite but I will force myself.

Are you feeling better Jben? or? God help us please

Not feeling better.  Body is raging.  I know this is just a wave.  It is just my body.  My spirit will rise above it.  I will distract myself with work today. 

I’ve been using meditation this the last week.  Havent done that in some time.  A friend showed me how to visualize each cell of my body healing.  They told me to visualize a green healing universal light flowing through my body healing it.  It has worked a bit to help calm me down.

JBen and Bluemoon, I wonder if the increasing darkness is causing some of the symptoms and the insomnia?  It seems like we're all getting hit at the same time for whatever reason.  It's just awful.

Not feeling better.  Body is raging.  I know this is just a wave.  It is just my body.  My spirit will rise above it.  I will distract myself with work today. 

I’ve been using meditation this the last week.  Havent done that in some time.  A friend showed me how to visualize each cell of my body healing.  They told me to visualize a green healing universal light flowing through my body healing it.  It has worked a bit to help calm me down.

Glad to hear you are meditating. I am too. It helps 90 percent of the time to slow my heart rate down. Kriya yoga is the technique I have been practicing for months. It took a few months but I know now what sensation to look for and yes, the burning off of bad karma through the 3rd eye and the cosmic energy is a vision to help heal the brain...Blue light beaming down from the brain..

I know this is a wave, too..when we are in the wave it sure is easy to lose our marbles with the craziness of it all.

I know I have said this before but I feel like saying it again...I think I've made some good decisions throughout my life...more than bad ones...

busted my butt in college, have a decent job, great wife, great home, quit drinking 10 years ago and great life...BUT THE NIGHT I STARTED TAKING VALIUM FOR SLEEP YEARS AGO IS BY FAR ONE OF THE WORSE MISTAKES I HAVE EVER MADE!! JEEZ! :idiot: :idiot: I fairly certain if you are reading this, you are kicking yourself for every getting mixed up with Benzos...

Thanks for letting me share that. I'm feeling a bit better now.... 8) 8) 8) ate some food and anxiety kicked down...I hope it goes away..sorry if I rambling this morning JBen and my other buddies....I think Im still a little shocked by my Mexican cartel nightmare...Time to lay off my dark movie selections and put some lighter shows on...I really do appreciate you all for letting me vent, share and show support for you....We do heal! God bless, Blue

JBen and Bluemoon, I wonder if the increasing darkness is causing some of the symptoms and the insomnia?  It seems like we're all getting hit at the same time for whatever reason.  It's just awful.

For me it is the steroids I am slowly tapering.  I am sure of it.  Besides I am in LA and it is super sunny here every day.  I do miss the rain sometimes.

For me it is the steroids I am slowly tapering.  I am sure of it.  Besides I am in LA and it is super sunny here every day.  I do miss the rain sometimes.

I'm in L.A. too...we have had sun everyday...though Sage may be thinking day light in General is getting shorter and this sunday we turn the clocks back an hour...that should be fun :o :o

I have no idea where this is coming from for me...only that the last time it happened it was the start of the month October remember Sage?

It went away at least the anxiety after a few days..the anxiety part sucks so bad!!! I am feeling calmer now but this mornings episode left scarred with its intensity...like really? After 6 months cold turkey? God please help us

Oh yeah, definitely.  That's a rough thing to go through. I'm in Washington, so yeah.  It's east side, so not as dark as the west side, but still not a great place to be in November.