Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.

[He...]

HM,

You most likely will be able to sleep 8-9 hours one day, especially if you didn't have sleep problems prior to Benzos?

I regularly get 7-9 hours pretty much every night now and there was a time I thought I'd never sleep without taking something Rx

Good luck!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [Ac...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, the way:)

I got two nights of 5 hours of sleep followed by last night, which was 1.5 hours of sleep. It's so all over the map. I did consistently get 8 to 9 hours of sleep prior to benzos, so I am hoping to get back to that. Thank you so much for the inspiration! I appreciate it.

HM

Thought I’d drop in and say hi. It does take some time, but pretty much everyone I know from here has their sleep eventually come back. Insomnia was probably my worst symptom. I’d miss 1-3 nights in a row. It was really up and down. I usually had a pattern of sleeping some one night and none the next. Most nights now I sleep between 6 and 7 hours and usually don’t wake up except for my wife’s alarm. But typically I can fall back asleep for 45m to 1h. Some weekends I’ve even gotten between 8-10. Which when I was back in the thick of it I might not even get that much in a whole week. Anyway, keep pushing forward. It’s no fun, but one day you all will make it to the other side.

What’s up ThEwAy2, hope you’re doing well! Been a while since we’ve talked.  :)

Thought I’d drop in and say hi. It does take some time, but pretty much everyone I know from here has their sleep eventually come back. Insomnia was probably my worst symptom. I’d miss 1-3 nights in a row. It was really up and down. I usually had a pattern of sleeping some one night and none the next. Most nights now I sleep between 6 and 7 hours and usually don’t wake up except for my wife’s alarm. But typically I can fall back asleep for 45m to 1h. Some weekends I’ve even gotten between 8-10. Which when I was back in the thick of it I might not even get that much in a whole week. Anyway, keep pushing forward. It’s no fun, but one day you all will make it to the other side.

Thank you! It's so kind of people to come back and encourage those still in the trenches.

Thank you! It's so kind of people to come back and encourage those still in the trenches.

For sure! I know how scary it all can be. It’s all par for the course and these crazy symptoms are all rather typical. Hope tonight goes well for you.

My sleep has been deteriorating this week.  I only slept 4 last night.  Bed at 11, up at 3 with surge.  I had taken Hydroxyzine before bed bc it felt like it would be a rough night, but it didn't help, apparently, unless I would have gotten less without it.  I'm so uncomfortable. 

Hope it was better for everyone else

Sorry AD.  It is extremely uncomfortable.  I am no better.  Terrible breathing issues all night then surge at 2am.  I am in tears with exhaustion.  Nothing is helping.  The severe anxiety is unbearable.  The depression, which has not surfaced in a long time, is back.  I cant breathe!

I just got up knowing I would not be able to get any sleep.  I am a zombie.  Distraction is key even when you are so bad.  This is the worst I’ve been in months.  But distract I must.  So this morning at 2am - well now it is 530 - I made cornbread.  I dont even really like cornbread but it was something to keep my mind off of how I am feeling.  This will be one of my more difficult days.

Hey guys, I guess we can all be miserable zombies together today.  I guess I got the most sleep probably, but I feel horrible.  Was awake by 4:40 and had to drag myself up to cook food.  I can't just grab fruit and some nuts or something.  I have to have a full meal every few hours because of blood sugar issues.  I was just crying this morning over my plate of food because I didn't even have the energy or will to put it in my mouth. 

Oh geez, sorry JBen and sage.  I had a good cry in the shower this morning.  This is so rough right now and it's hard to imagine things being better, but I'm glad siggy stopped by to provide some encouragement and hope that this will fade eventually. 

Oh Sage, sorry.  I know exactly what you mean - I dont even have to imagine it.  Being so tired that you dont have the energy to do such a small task - my god that is a terrible feeling.  :'(

Oh geez, sorry JBen and sage.  I had a good cry in the shower this morning.  This is so rough right now and it's hard to imagine things being better, but I'm glad siggy stopped by to provide some encouragement and hope that this will fade eventually.

For some reason it makes me cry to think of you crying in the shower.  I'm so sorry!  I'm thankful for Siggy's post too.

Oh Sage, sorry.  I know exactly what you mean - I dont even have to imagine it.  Being so tired that you dont have the energy to do such a small task - my god that is a terrible feeling.  :'(

I know you don't have to imagine, we're all living it.  :therethere:  :'(

Hey guys,

After 2 months of getting at least 'some' 5+ hour nights and up to 8 hours, I just had a 4 night stretch of less than 3 hours. Last night was about 2.5. I slept 2.5 hours straight though, so that is better than a broken 2.5 hours. I need to go back to the gym because it helps me sleep. I have missed several days in a row. It's hard to go without much sleep.

Hope everyone has a great day,

HM

Hey guys,

After 2 months of getting at least 'some' 5+ hour nights and up to 8 hours, I just had a 4 night stretch of less than 3 hours. Last night was about 2.5. I slept 2.5 hours straight though, so that is better than a broken 2.5 hours. I need to go back to the gym because it helps me sleep. I have missed several days in a row. It's hard to go without much sleep.

Hope everyone has a great day,

HM

I know it becomes a vicious cycle after a while.  No sleep, no exercise.  No exercise, no sleep.  I'm really sorry things are not going well with sleep right now!

Sage, You're so right! I am waiting for the sleep to come first, so I can go to the gym. I use to be a huge gym rat and worked out an hour and a half a day with tons of energy. Now, I feel like crap at the gym and I have to force myself to get through it.I always feel better after I workout though.

Have a great day,

HM

1 hour sleep tonight.  I get very sick with no sleep.  I have akathesia now and can't stop shaking.  In so much grief over my lost life.  :'(

Ugh.  I am sorry Sage.  This is so difficult.  I am where you are too.  Something has happened.  I am back to acute.  I think I took the wrong medication for me and now no sleep, severe depression, akathesia,  cant catch my breath.  In my 11th month I thought I would be further along than this!

Ugh.  I am sorry Sage.  This is so difficult.  I am where you are too.  Something has happened.  I am back to acute.  I think I took the wrong medication for me and now no sleep, severe depression, akathesia,  cant catch my breath.  In my 11th month I thought I would be further along than this!

I am so sorry!  It's torturous. I hope things get better for you very soon.

I had to go out to the car so I could scream and cry.  :'(

It's odd we're all hitting a wave at the same time.  My heart is breaking for you all.  You deserve better.

I've got some self pity too, sage, over the cost of all this.  JBen, Im only 7 off, but thought I'd be further too, considering after acute I felt 90% for several entire months.  Now I've got the tachycardia again after not having it much in October, and my health anxiety has gotten much worse. 

We've had 4 straight days of rain where I'm at so I've not had much physical activity at all.  Maybe that's my problem.  I'll try to get outside today for a jog and maybe that will help. 

We will heal, this is just so uncomfortable and torturous.

It’s not too unusual to have a few relatively good months only to be plunged back into a bad stretch. Also true with the sleep pattern. It never made sense that I’d have a stretch of a week or few weeks good sleep just to go back to a really bad pattern. Just know that it’s typical for recovery. It happened with my withdrawal and then also the three setbacks I’ve had. So don’t get too discouraged when that happens. It doesn’t mean you aren’t making progress and healing

It's 3:22 AM and it's looking to be a zero night.  I can hardly believe this after having so many nights of good sleep.  I'm becoming a useless zombie crippled by anxiety and depression.