Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.

[He...]

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [Ac...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hrs last night Shayna.  It had been a while.  I don't think I'll complain about sleeping until 4 or 5 for a while.  I hope I can get back to that.  I'm going in the wrong direction recently

Zero sleep. I’m a mess today. Worse night in months. Trying to wait for the cortisol to wind down. Went for run, took a hot bath and it helped a tiny bit. I feel like crying and I’m sure I will soon.

Blue,

You know it will even out.  I'm 5.5 years off and still had some zero nights last January (2021) but haven't had any since then, so over a year.  It's how you respond to the zero night that makes the difference.  You are not broken, all is not lost.  It's one night.  Sleep WILL even out...it's just a gust of wind, not a Category 5 Hurricane!  Better nights are ahead of you for sure!

Thank you for reminding me Way. I hope you are well. Sounds like you are. I’m just beat up right now. Had a good cry and it calmed me down.

Thank you for reminding me Way. I hope you are well. Sounds like you are. I’m just beat up right now. Had a good cry and it calmed me down.

Ditto what blue said.  I hope it evens out- I don't know if I can handle another night like that back to back

Accident, I’m currently running errands in the hopes of normalizing the day and not focusing on what just happened which was you well know traumatizing. The way has been a bit of a mentor for months here and is an expert on insomnia. Nice guy. I’m hoping after reading his post, that if I go about my day as Difficult as it may be, by the afternoon as it usually does my anxiety subsides into the evening. I know that if I focus on it I will manifest it. Just like you mentioned that we did it yesterday to ourselves. Let’s both try to not do that again tonight and stay positive right on?

Accident, I’m currently running errands in the hopes of normalizing the day and not focusing on what just happened which was you well know traumatizing. The way has been a bit of a mentor for months here and is an expert on insomnia. Nice guy. I’m hoping after reading his post, that if I go about my day as Difficult as it may be, by the afternoon as it usually does my anxiety subsides into the evening. I know that if I focus on it I will manifest it. Just like you mentioned that we did it yesterday to ourselves. Let’s both try to not do that again tonight and stay positive right on?

Yes, let's stay positive.  It's not constructive to post about how much I've cried this morning.  Tonight will be better.  Every time I have a night this bad, it's followed by good sleep.  Eventually the vise grip on my chest relaxes.  That's just how it is now but it will pass.  Positivity! 

What's the weather like in LA?  About 30 and sunny here, but snow is on its way.  Icy wind. 

I had zero last night. Right there with you. I had a big fight with my boss so I knew I’d have a bad night because I was very angry. Self fulfilling prophecy.

I’ll be doing my usual walk a ocean swim and going to work regardless. This is life for me as unfair as it is but it’s not going to take away what I enjoy anymore.

The way says to give it the middle finger and I have that eff u attitude about it most days. I never have 6 hours so if ur getting that ur lucky.

Get up, do some exercise, do something to keep ur mind busy. I guarantee u have had more sleep than me this week but I have not once cancelled anything because of a bad night. Live ur life x

Yes, let's stay positive.  It's not constructive to post about how much I've cried this morning.  Tonight will be better.  Every time I have a night this bad, it's followed by good sleep.  Eventually the vise grip on my chest relaxes.  That's just how it is now but it will pass.  Positivity! 

What's the weather like in LA?  About 30 and sunny here, but snow is on its way.  Icy wind.

Yeah man, I think we’re doing this to ourselves. What the hell man it’s traumatizing but yes it will fix it on it go manifest it again. So let’s not talk about the past and talk about how great tonight is going to be right on. Weather here in LA is in the 50s, cloudy. Even when it’s sunny there’s a cold wind that I can’t stand which gets me sick every time with a sinus infection. I live about A mile and a half from the beach. In Redondo Beach. South Bay. Not until daylight savings occurs in March does LA start to bloom again. It gets dark at 5:15 here cold as hell outside and then suns up at seven. We don’t get much rain but the beach sucks. I was born and raised here one of the few. Most of my friends moved away in the 90s because it became too expensive.

I was just in Orange County, CA a few weeks ago and the weather was decent. We could go for walks because it was mild in temperature. OC is a beautiful place. Went 'window shopping' ay Fashion Island Mall because I don't have shopping money, lol. It's a great mall.

The weather in Seattle is in the 40's. I went for a walk here on Saturday, and it was uncomfortable. The cold air made my lungs burn, and I was shaking. I don't tolerate cold very well because of my thyroid condition. I also don't tolerate extreme heat very well. I am only comfortable in 65-to-75-degree climates. I look forward to spring here so I can go for pleasant walks.

Tired today. Slept about 5 hours and woke up 2 hours ago. I FEEL so tired that I could just lay down and drift off into dreamland for a few hours, but I know I would just lay there awake. Can't wait for my sleep to fix itself. It's been quite a while since I have been able to fall back to sleep after like 7am. About a month ago I did, and it was heavenly.

Have a great day, everyone.

HM

[1f...]

I’ve never seen the snow but reading a book by an open fire looking out onto white sounds pretty nice too.

I loved it when I was a kid. I effin' hate it now. All it's good for is wasting time shoveling it off your driveway, and making traffic grind to a halt.

We had a snow-storm here about 2 months ago and I am praying it doesn't snow again this winter. I wish I could afford to be a snow-bird and go to AZ or something every winter. My happy spot is 65 to 75 degrees. I love spring early summer and early fall in Seattle. It's beautiful.

We had a snow-storm here about 2 months ago and I am praying it doesn't snow again this winter. I wish I could afford to be a snow-bird and go to AZ or something every winter. My happy spot is 65 to 75 degrees. I love spring early summer and early fall in Seattle. It's beautiful.

I am the same as you HM. I love all the seasons except winter.

I hear you. Well, I drank coffee today, so I hope I can sleep tonight. It felt and tasted good to drink it. Wish me luck! It's only %:30PM. I have a few hours to go.

HM

• 1 month later...

I guess everybody must be sleeping really well. No posts on here for several weeks.

Happy Sleeping.

HM

• 3 weeks later...

I did.  I had about a month of feeling 95% and having good sleep, 8 hours a night. 

A little while ago, just like a switch flipping everything came back in a wave and Ive got insomnia again.

Hi AD,

I am sorry to hear you are in an insomnia wave. That's rough. I have never had the stretch of 8-hour nights that you have had but I have had enough 7- and 8-hour nights that I was hoping I was 'healed'. This last week was: 3, 4, 3, 3, 1.5, 8 and 7. Last night was 7 but I just had a 1.5-hour night 2 nights ago. Everybody (that is healed and sleeping well consistently) say it takes a long time to get to where you are sleeping 8 (or 9 or 10) hours per night for months on end. I am SO much more productive when I sleep, except yesterday I woke up from having slept so deeply and well that I had a hard time feeling awake during the day. I slept like I was on Xanax! But I haven't taken any of that for 5 months.

Good to hear from you, AD.

HM

30 mins of perceived sleep last night a day zero the past two nights..and somehow I don't feel too bad? I'm convinced I'm sleeping more than I realize somehow...I'm deep in DP/DR and it plays games with ur head

Hm, I'm sorry you've not gotten much improvement since I was last around.  It looks like I'm about to log a 2 hour night which I haven't had since mid January

CA, it's nice you don't feel too bad with that sleep pattern- be thankful!

It's not just the insomnia that sucks, but most ly the anxiety or inability to calm down at any point in the day, including at night.  But I guess that's a different thread, haha.