Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.

[He...]

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [Ac...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my 5th night in a row of very little sleep. I went almost a month on 4 to 6 hour nights and now I am back down to 2 and last night was 1. I think it's a med I am taking. I take trazodone for depression and I think it helps my sleep. I take Risperdal for bipolar and I think it hurts my sleep even though it has a reputation for being a sedative type drug. I'm going to stop it and see if it helps my sleep.

I continue to take the trazodone for the anti-depressant effects. It really helps me.

I'm happy Trazodone is helping you.

I had a bad experience with Mirtazapine. I decided to jump from my benzo and try to sleep taking only 15mg mirtazapine and Zolpidem as needed. Sleep wasn't so bad but Mirtazapine spoil my mood and gives me almost suicidal thoughts after 6-7 days. 2nd time I tried, 2nd time it happens so I stopped taking it.

just reporting 3rd or is it 4th night now (lol cant remember) of the mag gly and so far no noticeable improvements but i do want to take a full week at least until the weekend to see how it goes... last night i woke up at 3:30am(had to pee as usual, and then i cant sleep when i get back to bed).. but this time i quickly reached for my bach and then fell asleep in i think around 10-15 minutes after... then woke at 8...

I think on friday I might switch the mag gly to an earlier time to see if it affects anything...  and I also might experiment with magnesium citrate next week (ive read the mag gly is the one thats for insomnia but we are all different so... who knows)

Rex, sounds like the Bach is helping much more than the magnesium- I'm glad that seems to do something! 

HM, I hope stopping the risperdal helps and doesn't cause any ill effects.

I'm going to try to go without taking anything at all tonight, we'll see how that goes.

Nothing works for me so why bother?  I've been tracking and nights with mela, ahs, etc are no different than me on my own.  I still have the propanolol I haven't used/tried.

I can't make it past the morning cortisol surge somewhere 3:45-4:30.  It's getting really old guys.

I finally slept 7 to 8 hours last night and I am dog-tired anyway. I also feel somewhat depressed.

Hopefully, my day goes better soon. I am anxious also. So far not starting good. I want to go back to sleep.

I finally slept 7 to 8 hours last night and I am dog-tired anyway. I also feel somewhat depressed.

Hopefully, my day goes better soon. I am anxious also. So far not starting good. I want to go back to sleep.

I think that's pretty normal to feel depressed and tired after sleeping well.  The anxiety has been gunning the engine for a long time, and it's out of gas.  Sorry your anxiety is still there with the exhaustion!  No fun.

I think that's pretty normal to feel depressed and tired after sleeping well.  The anxiety has been gunning the engine for a long time, and it's out of gas.  Sorry your anxiety is still there with the exhaustion!  No fun.

Thank you, Sage! I am feeling a little bit better as the day goes on. Hope you're having a good Friday.

HM

Thank you, Sage! I am feeling a little bit better as the day goes on. Hope you're having a good Friday.

HM

Thank you H!  I am doing better today.  Slept the last two nights.  Glad you're getting some relief as the day goes on.  Mornings are just brutal, aren't they.

How's everyone doing? 

Since I last posted I've actually not had the dramatic cortisol surges, but have had broken sleep all night long, probably 3-4 awake periods throughout the night. A new pattern for me. 

I hope you all are hanging in there.

When you don't feel tired after sleeping few hours it's because you have an excess of cortisol and adrenaline. Maybe your body is starting to heal by itself after a long period of stress. It could be a good sign.

When you don't feel tired after sleeping few hours it's because you have an excess of cortisol and adrenaline. Maybe your body is starting to heal by itself after a long period of stress. It could be a good sign.

Mayeb it's a good sign. I don't know. I slept 5 hours the last 2 nights and I feel almost the same as if I had slept 8. I am thinking about going back to school at 52. I am on disability but maybe I can work? Not working makes me depressed. I need something to do everyday.

thought i'd chime in and report: either the magnesium glycinate or my reduction of melatonin has helped me to have less broken sleep, or at least fall back asleep faster... I'm gonna continue on the magnesium until it ends anyways... I'm down to .300mg (300mcg) of melatonin and that seems to help me sleep better than the higher doses... still at .33mg of klonopin at night as well.... also haven't had headaches during the day (which i think were mostly melatonin related)..

I have some gratitude apps that really help, you can beat your depression, you gotta find the one thats right for you but i have one called Gratitude on android... its helped me through a lot...

i havent needed my bach rescue sleep pills lately so thats good so i can save them for when i start my Night taper (feel anxious just thinking about it) but at the same time I know somehow someway I'll figure a way out of this.. you have to believe and stay positive, it will mold your mind into a better state... but you have to be willing to try

anyways, HEARTMOST, you can also pick-up a hobby, theres youtube tutorials on how to do anything nowadays, wanna be a coder, home repair, sell stuff on amazon, make accessories.. theres something for everyone out there

Hi everyone, It’s 3:45am in the morning and this insomnia is grueling. This post is not so much about seeking any particular advice but more about sharing my story and current situation. After having a window For several weeks-which included five hours of solid sleep, last week had two days of hell with severe anxiety, zero sleep, thoughts intrusive, five days of normal five hour sleep and now in to another wave on my third night of hell.

Wow am I paying the price taking Valium every night for years. I’m having trouble with the acceptance part as I am stubborn. I am beating myself up and I know it’s not helping. I guess you guys are the only ones in the world right now who  understand as I relate to many of the post here.

A new symptom I have recognized in stage three is how my body warms up. For the last hour I have been sweating. Also heart palpitations with this sweating. I did read yesterday about using cold packs on the head to provide sleep. Not sure I’ll try it but there are so many nuggets of information and I recognize the desperation in many peoples posts. I hope one day to read this and be in complete healing recovery.

The idea of returning to benzos is ludicrous at this point even though I fantasize about it for relief. To have to start at day one again and jump after five months clean would be disastrous for me though I understand how Some posted about reinstating.

I never thought this board would be such a lifeline. Honestly, as you can see from my previous post, I thought I was done with the recovery and said goodbye. I was wrong and now like many I am in limbo state of not knowing when this will be over.

In a strange way these recent beatings of insomnia along with all the anguish it brings could be the very thing I need to humble myself and start to accept that I’m not walking away from years of benzo And not paying the consequences. For years I would quit and have no side effects. I thought it was harmless. My mother was a dentist as my father as well. As I look back prescriptions were available growing up in my house. My mother died three years ago from abusing OxyContin as well as other prescriptions. It was very upsetting to see a woman who had overcome many adversities die in this manner. I myself am a recovering alcoholic for 10 years. Valium is the last crutch that I was using to sleep at night.

From reading other post I am also aware how this board can be detrimental if I’m on it too much reading, processing, looking for solutions that might help with my insomnia. This is my first post early in the morning. Thought if anything my post may distract take the reader for a minute and provide some comfort in that are many suffering right now, awake, feeling alone. This I understand from the meetings I attend. 

I do believe in God and I pray for all who are suffering and reading my post. May you all continue on your journey of recovery and healing. God bless

PS - I am grateful for the two hours of sleep I got tonight. The other nights were zero hours.

Hi everyone, It’s 3:45am in the morning and this insomnia is grueling. This post is not so much about seeking any particular advice but more about sharing my story and current situation. After having a window For several weeks-which included five hours of solid sleep, last week had two days of hell with severe anxiety, zero sleep, thoughts intrusive, five days of normal five hour sleep and now in to another wave on my third night of hell.

Wow am I paying the price taking Valium every night for years. I’m having trouble with the acceptance part as I am stubborn. I am beating myself up and I know it’s not helping. I guess you guys are the only ones in the world right now who  understand as I relate to many of the post here.

A new symptom I have recognized in stage three is how my body warms up. For the last hour I have been sweating. Also heart palpitations with this sweating. I did read yesterday about using cold packs on the head to provide sleep. Not sure I’ll try it but there are so many nuggets of information and I recognize the desperation in many peoples posts. I hope one day to read this and be in complete healing recovery.

The idea of returning to benzos is ludicrous at this point even though I fantasize about it for relief. To have to start at day one again and jump after five months clean would be disastrous for me though I understand how Some posted about reinstating.

I never thought this board would be such a lifeline. Honestly, as you can see from my previous post, I thought I was done with the recovery and said goodbye. I was wrong and now like many I am in limbo state of not knowing when this will be over.

In a strange way these recent beatings of insomnia along with all the anguish it brings could be the very thing I need to humble myself and start to accept that I’m not walking away from years of benzo And not paying the consequences. For years I would quit and have no side effects. I thought it was harmless. My mother was a dentist as my father as well. As I look back prescriptions were available growing up in my house. My mother died three years ago from abusing OxyContin as well as other prescriptions. It was very upsetting to see a woman who had overcome many adversities die in this manner. I myself am a recovering alcoholic for 10 years. Valium is the last crutch that I was using to sleep at night.

From reading other post I am also aware how this board can be detrimental if I’m on it too much reading, processing, looking for solutions that might help with my insomnia. This is my first post early in the morning. Thought if anything my post may distract take the reader for a minute and provide some comfort in that are many suffering right now, awake, feeling alone. This I understand from the meetings I attend. 

I do believe in God and I pray for all who are suffering and reading my post. May you all continue on your journey of recovery and healing. God bless

PS - I am grateful for the two hours of sleep I got tonight. The other nights were zero hours.

Thanks for your prayers, Blue.  I'm really sorry you're suffering so much. We all can relate, as I know you are aware.  Those nights can be long and lonely.  I hope you get some sleep soon.

Blue,

I am right there with you. Sunday night was an 8, Monday a 5, Tuesday a 5 and last night back to a 3:(

I have noticed I am just as tired when I sleep 8 hours. None the less, my health needs for me to get 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night.

Thank you for your prayers! You're in my prayers too.

HM

I guess I'll report in here.  I've been going to sleep around 9:00 or 9:30 every night for the past few nights.  I usually wake up multiple times during the night and then stay awake after 4:00 or 4:30.  That's why I started going to bed early.  Those early wake-ups would be intolerable otherwise.  As it is, it's so hard.  I feel like I'm getting even weaker, lots of trembling and tremors.  I'm sure this is all because of my hormones.  Have not had a cycle this month (sorry any guys reading).  The longer without, the more miserable I become.  Haven't had a window since Sunday.  Last night was particularly miserable because I had horrible heartburn which makes it harder to breath (increases inflammation in my lungs).  Trying to be hopeful this will turn around soon.  It's hard.

I'm sorry Sage :( You're in my prayers. I feel your pain. Every morning when I wake up and realize I didn't sleep and I am depressed. I am working on it:) I am also anxious. I just took hydroxyzine for anxiety and I hope it works. I'd like for it to make me tired enough to fall asleep but it never does. It just makes me tired enough to lay down but not sleep.

I hope you have a good day.

HM

I'm sorry Sage :( You're in my prayers. I feel your pain. Every morning when I wake up and realize I didn't sleep and I am depressed. I am working on it:) I am also anxious. I just took hydroxyzine for anxiety and I hope it works. I'd like for it to make me tired enough to fall asleep but it never does. It just makes me tired enough to lay down but not sleep.

I hope you have a good day.

HM

Thank you for your prayers! 

Really is so depressing! I'm so sorry you're struggling too.  I'm the same with hydroxyzine, it puts in in a conscious coma.  Never helps me sleep.  And then when it wears off I feel worse than ever. 

It's a very bad night.  I had some severe GERD and nausea after dinner.  I went to sleep for a couple hours after doing some pressure points, but have been awake since 12:30 AM.  I'm already so weak and so anxious.  Seriously did not need this tonight!