Where's the insomnia buddies? no action on the threads.

[He...]

Last night, I am not sure how much I slept. It was weird. I would wake up here and there and realize I had been dreaming. Could be anywhere from 2 to 4.5 hours. I am so used to 'resting' in bed and not sleeping that it's hard to tell anymore. Know what I mean?

Have a great day!

HM

P.S.

I am in the 'other' Washington! WA State! It's getting colder every day.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [He...]

• [Ac...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night, I am not sure how much I slept. It was weird. I would wake up here and there and realize I had been dreaming. Could be anywhere from 2 to 4.5 hours. I am so used to 'resting' in bed and not sleeping that it's hard to tell anymore. Know what I mean?

Have a great day!

HM

P.S.

I am in the 'other' Washington! WA State! It's getting colder every day.

I should have specified WA state, lol.  Me too.  I'm on the east side of the mountains in the Yakima Valley.

Hey Sage! That's great:) I love the PNW. How's your sleep been? Mine is staying the same. Not moving forward or backward. Hope you (all) have a super day!

XO

HM

Hey Sage! That's great:) I love the PNW. How's your sleep been? Mine is staying the same. Not moving forward or backward. Hope you (all) have a super day!

XO

HM

Mine has shifted so that I seem to sleep every other day.  The days I don't sleep are really, really bad. 

XO

HM

Mine has shifted so that I seem to sleep every other day.  The days I don't sleep are really, really bad.

This was my most common insomnia pattern, although it did fluctuate some. But most of the time it was one night on, one night off. Seems to be somewhat common. It's no fun for sure, but it should eventually even out for you.

I'm sorry you're having zero nights, Sage :( That sucks. At least, it sounds like you're getting sleep every other night, which is good. For the last few nights, I have consistently gotten about 4 to 5 hours of sleep. It's been at least 2 weeks since I got 8 hours. I am just grateful that I am sleeping. Today is my 7th day without Xanax. Weird! Seems like yesterday that I was having horrible WD's from it. It took me exactly 6 months to get off of it. From 4mg's to 0 in 6 months! but most of that was cut in the very beginning.

I am job hunting like a maniac! I have blank spots on my resume that don't look good. Wish me luck!

HM

I'm sorry you're having zero nights, Sage :( That sucks. At least, it sounds like you're getting sleep every other night, which is good. For the last few nights, I have consistently gotten about 4 to 5 hours of sleep. It's been at least 2 weeks since I got 8 hours. I am just grateful that I am sleeping. Today is my 7th day without Xanax. Weird! Seems like yesterday that I was having horrible WD's from it. It took me exactly 6 months to get off of it. From 4mg's to 0 in 6 months! but most of that was cut in the very beginning.

I am job hunting like a maniac! I have blank spots on my resume that don't look good. Wish me luck!

HM

For having gone from 4 mg of Xanax to none in six months, you're doing really, really well.  For a lot of people that kind of taper would have just destroyed them.  I know it's really been hard, but you've done well!

I too went through an every other night sleep experience for a few months

I'd get some sleep one night and then none the next.  It eventually evened out.

You'll get there too!

I had a 3 night before last and a zero last night with panic attacks all night.  I'm very anti-medication, but so desperately sick now that I'm considering something like Remeron.  I have a feeling I would deeply regret it, but I'm so desperate. 

[08...]

I had a 3 night before last and a zero last night with panic attacks all night.  I'm very anti-medication, but so desperately sick now that I'm considering something like Remeron.  I have a feeling I would deeply regret it, but I'm so desperate.

I used a very minimal amount, enough to nudge me to sleep, and I was able to get off it with no serious side effects after approx 5 months use.

Hello!

After a couple months of getting several 7 hour nights, I am back to averaging more like 3 hours. I am interviewing for a new job, so I hope I can keep up with it. It is a remote sales job selling software solutions to the medical and health care industry.

Wish me luck!

HM

I can confirm too that the night on night off sleep pattern is common through withdrawal. Mine was like that for two months. Then I started having 30 minutes to 1 hour on the nights off and it slowly increased.

Hello!

After a couple months of getting several 7 hour nights, I am back to averaging more like 3 hours. I am interviewing for a new job, so I hope I can keep up with it. It is a remote sales job selling software solutions to the medical and health care industry.

Wish me luck!

HM

HM,

You can do this...even on 3 hours.  Your brain will get all the sleep it needs until your sleep evens out for good. 

Don't convince yourself that you can't work or do anything after not sleeping.  I did that at first but then realized I was just sitting at home awake anyway.

So instead, I went into work and it was better than staying at home and wallowing in self-pity and despair

Plus when I was at home, I was alone and knew why I was there and it made things worse

I found out that we can work on very little sleep and still do our job well!  :thumbsup:

But that was only after Badsocref and some other BBs said I should go to work and try it and I'm so glad I did.  It didn't fix anything, but I found I could work easily after one night of missed sleep and then I stretched that into 2 and sometimes 3 nights in a row of missed sleep....I  felt like crap, but at least I was at work and didn't have to quit my job.  It was either feel like crap at home or at work.  But by noon or so, I usually felt a lot better.  It's all mind over matter.  If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter...

Good luck...

Hello!

I  felt like crap, but at least I was at work and didn't have to quit my job.  It was either feel like crap at home or at work.  But by noon or so, I usually felt a lot better.  It's all mind over matter.  If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter...

Good luck...

I like how you apply rationale...You didn't lose your job, you realize being at home was worse because you knew why you were there and alone...Faced your fear of work without sleep, by noon the morning anxiety subsided...these are facing fears...As one BB said his anxiety was founded on fear and the fear attached it self to anything regardless of it accuracy or not....this is our biggest hurtle...trusting the windows and seeing the waves as a lie...it is part of the symptoms of all this mayhem

Shay,

Sorry it's so hard, but I've got to believe and trust that you will heal.  You're just over 5 months off and that was the time when I was in the middle of the worst for insomnia! 

Hang in there...

Theway,

I hear what you are saying. The job I am trying to get is actually remote, so I would be working from home. Last night was another 3 or 3.5 hour night for me. I am hanging in there. I can tell it is slowly getting better. I just have to hang in there. Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I appreciate it!

Shayna,

You're still my hero! I don't know how you do it, but you do. I hope your sleep gets better over time.

Wishing all of us full nights of deep sleep.

HM

I sure hope ur right. Straight back into it today, work then swimming training for my son with a unisom hangover. Then work then a work dinner.then work then 2 days off. Omg come on body u got this.

That's what I tell myself too. Come on body, you got this! I have learned a LOT about WD from Benzo's. It's a nightmare. I still can't believe I haven't taken Xanax in almost 3 weeks. I can't wait until it's 5 months, like you. I hope both of our sleep is a lot better by then.

HM

I hope everyone here has been hanging in there.  Ive been taking time off BB to focus on recovery and my health anxiety.  I continue to have difficulty with the 4am cortisol surge, but sleep has been slowly slowly improving, on the whole.  I think of you all often.

HM, congrats on the jump again! 

AD, Thank you for the congrats on my jump:) I also have a cortisol surge every morning. Mine is around 6am or so. It is really uncomfortable. I am rife with anxiety when it happens. I hope it resolves soon. I hope yours does too.

HM

• 3 weeks later...
Just got off valium 10 days ago and experienced sleep-onset insomnia so thought I would say Hi and post on your thread. Sorry to hear others are suffering with this, but reassuring that I am not alone. Hopefully we all sleep better soon!