12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

LiveLife:  I am so, so sorry you are still struggling so much.  This has been going on so long!  I am thinking things will settle down for you very soon. 

Leeann:  How was your sleep last night?  I have had two bad nights in a row.  Yuck.

Just wanted to pass this along.    I have really not paid too close attention to what I eat through this experience.  I try to eat healthy, but I pretty much eat what ever I want within the healthy realm.  Last night I had tomato pie for dinner and ate quite a bit of it.  Today, I am feeling wretched.  Just now discovered that tomatoes are full of glutamate.  I am wondering if that is why I am feeling rotten today.  I am very anxious, sweaty, etc.    Does anyone know about the tomato glutamate connection?    I also read that Green Tea is really good for balancing your glutamate/gaba.    I was told my someone on this forum just the opposite; that green tea was full of glutamate, but apparently that is not true.  Would love to hear your thoughts.

I hope everyone is having a decent day.  It is hot here in the south, but the humidity has died down.  It is really nice.  I am going to go for a drive and run some errands.

Thinking about everyone!      Jb42, Bexlan, Helen, GG, Pashu, JBen, Becks, LadyDen (birthday girl),

Had a bad reaction to green tea myself the one time I tried to drink it during my withdrawal period. Haven't tried it since

I used to eat tomatoes years ago when I was just off the pills and they didn't bother me.  I don't eat them anymore.  The only tomatoes I consume are in my pasta sauce and that isn't much.  I don't know about green tea.  I think if it's diluted a lot it might be good to make iced tea with.

Thanks for all your responses on the tomatoes.  Think I will stop eating them for a while and see what happens.  I don't know why this hadn't dawned on me before.  I eat lots of them.....tomato sandwiches, pizza, tomato pie......  It could be why I feel so retched today.   

Lisa

Just wanted to pop in to say that every time I come on the boards I always come in here to read about how you all are doing. I've connected with most of you on this thread through posts at one point in time or another throughout my healing journey and just wanted you all to know I think of you often.

I hope everyone see's some well deserved healing soon, sending you all the love  :smitten:

Morning everybody. Has anyone tried melatonin? I took some last night, but like Decateur’s reaction to the tomatoes, feeling really anxious and jittery today, stinking head and get very hit first thing. Wondering if could be the melatonin. Hadn’t been too bad apart from sleep issues, but not had morning anxiety like this for months. So wondering if I should avoid it. Have taken it occasionally in past but pre withdrawal. Any thoughts anyone?

LiveLife:  I am so, so sorry you are still struggling so much.  This has been going on so long!  I am thinking things will settle down for you very soon. 

Leeann:  How was your sleep last night?  I have had two bad nights in a row.  Yuck.

Just wanted to pass this along.    I have really not paid too close attention to what I eat through this experience.  I try to eat healthy, but I pretty much eat what ever I want within the healthy realm.  Last night I had tomato pie for dinner and ate quite a bit of it.  Today, I am feeling wretched.  Just now discovered that tomatoes are full of glutamate.  I am wondering if that is why I am feeling rotten today.  I am very anxious, sweaty, etc.    Does anyone know about the tomato glutamate connection?    I also read that Green Tea is really good for balancing your glutamate/gaba.    I was told my someone on this forum just the opposite; that green tea was full of glutamate, but apparently that is not true.  Would love to hear your thoughts.

I hope everyone is having a decent day.  It is hot here in the south, but the humidity has died down.  It is really nice.  I am going to go for a drive and run some errands.

Thinking about everyone!      Jb42, Bexlan, Helen, GG, Pashu, JBen, Becks, LadyDen (birthday girl),

Am sorry that happened to you but yes tomatoes are high in glutamate. I personally do what you do as far as diet….I don’t restrict too much. I just eat healthy while being careful of msg, nitrate/ nitrites, soy and preservatives. I do eat tomatoes as in a thin slice on a sandwich or a small amount tossed in a salad. When I make spaghetti, I make my own sauce to ensure there’s no oregano. I eat small amounts of spaghetti at a time. It doesn’t seem to bother me in small amounts. Perhaps you can scale them back to see if it makes a difference. Maybe it was just too much at once. How are you feeling today? Has it settled down?

🤗 hugs

Hi Decateur, sleep OK last night. I took half a unisom. I am trying to stop it so don’t get dependent. Only every get about 4-5 hours, but the 2 hours can’t cope with. Seems alternate nights don’t sleep so see what tonight brings. Am trying to do more. Went out in car to nearby town today, sometimes have to make my husband go back, but least going out in car more. Figure if never try will never improve. Not heard that about tomatoes, don’t eat lot of them, as avoid anything too acidic, as got IBS and had lot UTI’s in past. Tried  green tea but tastes vile,I’m lucky food doesn’t affect me, so probably not lot help. For me supplements are a no no, everything I’ve tried revs me up. Hope you soon feel better, and sleep bit better tonight. Have had periods crappy sleep before so hopefully blip.

Lady D hope you are managing to have a nice birthday however you feel. Husband and I got  big one this year but not up to having proper celebrations. Hopefully next year☹️

It started off rough but settled down after lunch. I did enjoy it as much as I could. Thank you! Wishing you a lovely day today. Yes perhaps next year for us all we can have more fun birthdays because we will be feeling much better and healed.  :thumbsup:

Thank you Pashu and Sandy for the birthday wishes. Love and hugs to you both.

Itsmytime you’re most welcome here anytime. Thank you for your kind words. Anyone going through this knows how much support is needed. I pray that you’re doing well and healed nicely. Big hugs 🤗

Leann not everyone can handle melatonin. But I do know if used often it will mess up your natural circadian rhythm. It’s best to use it sparingly if you use any. As well as the smallest amount. Hope it levels off soon.

Morning everybody. Has anyone tried melatonin? I took some last night, but like Decateur’s reaction to the tomatoes, feeling really anxious and jittery today, stinking head and get very hit first thing. Wondering if could be the melatonin. Hadn’t been too bad apart from sleep issues, but not had morning anxiety like this for months. So wondering if I should avoid it. Have taken it occasionally in past but pre withdrawal. Any thoughts anyone?

Leann,

Melatonin doesn't agree with me.  I felt anxious and icky after using it. Sorry that happened to you. I understand the sleep struggle. I just can't take anything anymore though. Hope you feel better when it's all worn off.

Helen

Leann, I did use melatonin very briefly at the beginning of my bwd.  I think it helped for a short time, but I stopped after a couple of weeks, as I did not want to become reliant on it.  I actually had better luck with falling asleep to music and nature sounds, in particular the sound of rain on a roof.  I just asked Alexa to play relaxing music or nature sounds, and it worked well for me!!!

GG

Thanks everyone don’t think J’ll use it again. The unisom luckily don’t give me any side effects will just try gradually ease  off  them, as don’t want get reliant on them. Feel really groggy as well today.

Hi Everyone!  I know I haven't been around for several weeks...had been getting ready for a weeklong visit from my daughter and son-in-law and just getting back into my normal routine in the aftermath.  I have missed everyone.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lady Den!!!  And GG I'm glad to see you are through the worst of your recent nightmare!!

I've been doing OK given all the increased activity...still have my symptoms here and there and I think while I'm in the final chapter of my recovery I believe it will still be some many more months.  We are all making progress.  Of this I'm sure. 

Sorry to hear that some of you are still struggling.  I know how hard it is.  I'm convinced the hot weather is not at all good for us as I noticed I did less well in all that heat and humidity.

May Autumn bring lovely cool and beautiful days to all of us (at least those of us in the Northern hemisphere LOL)...

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and send well wishes for a joy filled and healthy weekend. I check in about once a week to see how everyone is doing. I pray for all the challenges I read about, and praise God when I read about progress made.

I’m functioning with symptoms on and off. I see the cardiologist on the 7th to follow up regarding my AFib incident. The results of the heart monitor I wore for 2 weeks were all normal. A couple of tachycardia incidents that were brief, but no AFib. I was able to stop taking the blood thinner.

I’m looking forward to the Fall weather and college football. We are big football fans here in Oklahoma. I’m having lots of family over tomorrow for the 1st OU football game, my husband’s birthday and Labor Day.

Love and hugs,

Sandy

Super big THANK YOUto all my beautiful friend/ benzo family! You all are some of the most awesomeness people on the planet! I’m feeling rough so far BUT I’m going to do my best to enjoy my day even if I’m in bed today. As Bexlan said I’m looking forward to my healing this year so this time next year I’ll be at a resort celebrating my birthday like a normal person. And yes I’ll be crying…..tears of joy to finally be free of this. It warmed my heart to receive such lovely birthday wishes from you all. I’m in my morning dread/wave ( rough one today) but you all have me smiling! I love you all very much.

Come on healing for us all! We are ready!!!!,

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Yes Lady Den..We are one of the most amazing people on this planet....I haven't seen such wonderful hearts all collected together...

I pray we all get to full recovery soon...I love you all...

Bexlan

Hi Everyone!  I know I haven't been around for several weeks...had been getting ready for a weeklong visit from my daughter and son-in-law and just getting back into my normal routine in the aftermath.  I have missed everyone.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lady Den!!!  And GG I'm glad to see you are through the worst of your recent nightmare!!

I've been doing OK given all the increased activity...still have my symptoms here and there and I think while I'm in the final chapter of my recovery I believe it will still be some many more months.  We are all making progress.  Of this I'm sure. 

Sorry to hear that some of you are still struggling.  I know how hard it is.  I'm convinced the hot weather is not at all good for us as I noticed I did less well in all that heat and humidity.

May Autumn bring lovely cool and beautiful days to all of us (at least those of us in the Northern hemisphere LOL)...

Awesome to hear from you and especially that you’re still doing well. Yes you are in the final chapter. I hope you enjoy your family very much.

Yes it is hard to still deal with the aftermath of this daily but we press on until it is completed. I’m looking forward to Autumn ( Fall). It’s my favorite season because of all the beautiful colors and nearly perfect temperatures. Not too hot and not too cold.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I enjoyed it as best as I could. Those in support of me rallied around with love to make sure I wasn’t forgotten. It means so much to me. When I’m well enough I have a lovely surprise for them.

Enjoy your weekend! Love you bunches, Deanna! ❤️💗❤️

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and send well wishes for a joy filled and healthy weekend. I check in about once a week to see how everyone is doing. I pray for all the challenges I read about, and praise God when I read about progress made.

I’m functioning with symptoms on and off. I see the cardiologist on the 7th to follow up regarding my AFib incident. The results of the heart monitor I wore for 2 weeks were all normal. A couple of tachycardia incidents that were brief, but no AFib. I was able to stop taking the blood thinner.

I’m looking forward to the Fall weather and college football. We are big football fans here in Oklahoma. I’m having lots of family over tomorrow for the 1st OU football game, my husband’s birthday and Labor Day.

Love and hugs,

Sandy

Warm hugs to you Sandy dear! Enjoy your hubby’s birthday with your family. It’s a pleasure to see your posts. I’m also getting my cheerleading ready for football …Geaux New Orleans Saints! I hope they have a good year this year. Fall is faster approaching and I’m so glad.

What wonderful news about your heart monitor testing. I’m so very pleased. So I guess it was all WD effects popping up? That’s a good thing because it means it will fade away..hopefully it’s gone already  :thumbsup:

I also thank God for all he’s done! He just keeps on keeping me by his loving grace and mercy. I’m not too bad this morning HalleluYaH! I even went outside this morning to enjoy the birds singing and a little morning sun before this rain comes. I wasn’t able to stay out long but it was lovely to do that again. All that was missing was Leann’s zen garden to sit in.

Wishing you happy healing and great weekend.

Love you! 😘

Leann,

Melatonin doesn't agree with me.  I felt anxious and icky after using it. Sorry that happened to you. I understand the sleep struggle. I just can't take anything anymore though. Hope you feel better when it's all worn off.

Helen

Helen how are you feeling? Any better? I’m concerned about you, dear. Are you able to eat and drink fluids?

Prayers going up that this virus leaves soon. Thinking of you. Love you bunches, Twin. 🌹💗

GG hope you get out to your garden today. But yes please don’t over do it. So happy you’re doing much better. Enjoy your window. Love you sweet cakes! ❤️🤗

Good morning all,

I hope everyone here will enjoy a nice Saturday.  Lady Den, I'm so happy you were able to get outside a little this morning. 

Sandy, I'm glad your heart tests are looking good! I swear the benzo withdrawal plays tricks on our hearts but always good to get checked out.  I had my annual physical this week and all my blood work came back VERY good so I know that whatever I'm feeling is benzo stuff.  I think reassurance in any form is helpful to our stress levels, don't you?  I had a full cardio work up a 3 years ago.

I do currently have what I think is a "piggyback cold".  I seem to have contracted yet another one on the tails of the one that I had two weeks ago.  It's very nasty and I'm blowing my nose non stop and have a sore throat and a cough.  It's not Covid....so many antigen tests and even a PCR test.  It's just a nasty cold.  I'll be resting all weekend.  Hubby has gone on an 8 day road trip to visit his family and friends in the midwest so I'm just going to be here doing some restful healing.  Thankfully, there is an abidance of tennis to watch and I'm a fan. 

Live Life, I hope you are getting some relief. 

Take care all,

Helen

Good Morning:

So great to hear from some of those we haven't heard from in a while......Bexlan, ItsMyTime, Deanna, and Sandy.    Love hearing from them.  Even though y'all are not on here as much, I think of you and wonder how you are doing.    Please keep checking in from time to time.  I know once you are feeling better, this is not a priority, but it is an encouragement to those of us that are on here on a daily basis. 

Sandy:  Your appointment is just around the corner.  I will be anxious to hear what the doctor has to say.  I know everything is going to be just fine, but you will feel so much better when you hear that from the doctor.  Go Sooners!  I LOVE college football.  My husband is a huge Alabama fan.  I am a University of TN fan.  And one of my daughters is at Auburn.  We are very confused around here.  I am impressed that you are having family over to watch the game.  You must be doing pretty darn well.  So happy for you!!!!

Deanna:  Yes, fall is on the way.  I think we will all feel somewhat better when the weather cools off.  My symptoms always intensify in the summer.  Glad you are having better days. 

ItsMyTime:  How are you doing overall?  I am assuming you are doing much better!  So happy for you!!  Keep going!

Bexlan:  How goes the battle?  Are you feeling good these days?

Leeann:  Did you sleep okay last night?  Hoping you are having a wonderful day and enjoying some cooler temperatures! 

GG:  Are you doing okay?  I know you had an outing last night.  Hopefully you had lots of fun!!!!

LadyDen:  Already outside this morning???  That is awesome.  You go girl!  Keep it up.  Listening to the bird sing is a great way to start the day. 

Helen:  Just checkin in.........hope you are doing well.

To everyone else:  Pashu, Jb42, JBen, Becks, and everyone else......I hope your day is manageable. 

All my best to everyone of you!!!!!!!

Lisa

LiveLife:  How are you?  You have been pretty quiet lately.  I know you are struggling, so don't feel like you have to reach out, but just know I am thinking of you!  You will get better!    You will heal!!  I know you know all these things, but sometimes it helps to hear someone else say them.  I hope you have decent day.

Helen:  Sorry you have another cold.  So frustrating!    Glad you are able to rest.    Yes, there is plenty of tennis to watch.  I watched Serena's entire match last night.  Wow!  Amazing!    I am sad to see her retire! 

Lisa

Lisa,

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I am really struggling I don't know why this is lasting so long and is so intense. So many symptoms and this fear is just unbelievable.  I'm trying so hard to stay positive and saying this is my brain healing.  I am just in tears.  I want my life back or even just even a decent day would be nice, to keep me encouraged.  Thank you for asking. Big hugs!

Are you doing a lot better? It seems like it and I'm happy to think that is the case.

LiveLife