12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Sorry you are still struggling Live. If it’s any consolation I still don’t have symptom free day. I am better than I was. Made myself go to a restaurant in our nearby town just now. First time in months been into town. I am getting better at going out in the car, so sure you will improve. Almost feel like I’m on the cusp, nearly manage to get home without thinking was everyone alright. But there’s always someone gives me doubt, so my husband sometimes goes back to check. This does take such a long time and the residual anxiety hangs on for dear life refusing to let your brain completely heal. I do think any sort mental symptoms do seem the hardest to cope with. Are there any hobbies, interests you can distract with, When I was in the thick  of it did a lot of tapestry. The concentration needed did help. Wish I could give you something positive to help with anxiety, but I’ve yet to find anything, just takes long long time❣️

We love the Saints too, LadyDen. We lived in New Orleans and Baton Rouge for several years.

Awesome!!!

I’m hopeful for them this year…we will see.  :thumbsup:

Hope you have a great day and feeling better.

Good morning all,

I hope everyone here will enjoy a nice Saturday.  Lady Den, I'm so happy you were able to get outside a little this morning. 

Sandy, I'm glad your heart tests are looking good! I swear the benzo withdrawal plays tricks on our hearts but always good to get checked out.  I had my annual physical this week and all my blood work came back VERY good so I know that whatever I'm feeling is benzo stuff.  I think reassurance in any form is helpful to our stress levels, don't you?  I had a full cardio work up a 3 years ago.

I do currently have what I think is a "piggyback cold".  I seem to have contracted yet another one on the tails of the one that I had two weeks ago.  It's very nasty and I'm blowing my nose non stop and have a sore throat and a cough.  It's not Covid....so many antigen tests and even a PCR test.  It's just a nasty cold.  I'll be resting all weekend.  Hubby has gone on an 8 day road trip to visit his family and friends in the midwest so I'm just going to be here doing some restful healing.  Thankfully, there is an abidance of tennis to watch and I'm a fan. 

Live Life, I hope you are getting some relief. 

Take care all,

Helen

Helen you have to get well sweetie! That nasty cold needs to go! But I’m relieved it isn’t COVID. I’m sure you’ll you’ll miss your hubby. Restful healing as you watch tennis is a good thing. If you need me, just reach out. Hope you enjoy your Sunday as best as you can. How’s your appetite?

Big hugs 🤗 veggie soup 🍲 and love ❤️

Good Morning:

So great to hear from some of those we haven't heard from in a while......Bexlan, ItsMyTime, Deanna, and Sandy.    Love hearing from them.  Even though y'all are not on here as much, I think of you and wonder how you are doing.    Please keep checking in from time to time.  I know once you are feeling better, this is not a priority, but it is an encouragement to those of us that are on here on a daily basis. 

Sandy:  Your appointment is just around the corner.  I will be anxious to hear what the doctor has to say.  I know everything is going to be just fine, but you will feel so much better when you hear that from the doctor.  Go Sooners!  I LOVE college football.  My husband is a huge Alabama fan.  I am a University of TN fan.  And one of my daughters is at Auburn.  We are very confused around here.  I am impressed that you are having family over to watch the game.  You must be doing pretty darn well.  So happy for you!!!!

Deanna:  Yes, fall is on the way.  I think we will all feel somewhat better when the weather cools off.  My symptoms always intensify in the summer.  Glad you are having better days. 

ItsMyTime:  How are you doing overall?  I am assuming you are doing much better!  So happy for you!!  Keep going!

Bexlan:  How goes the battle?  Are you feeling good these days?

Leeann:  Did you sleep okay last night?  Hoping you are having a wonderful day and enjoying some cooler temperatures! 

GG:  Are you doing okay?  I know you had an outing last night.  Hopefully you had lots of fun!!!!

LadyDen:  Already outside this morning???  That is awesome.  You go girl!  Keep it up.  Listening to the bird sing is a great way to start the day. 

Helen:  Just checkin in.........hope you are doing well.

To everyone else:  Pashu, Jb42, JBen, Becks, and everyone else......I hope your day is manageable. 

All my best to everyone of you!!!!!!!

Lisa

Yes it was so lovely to go outside yesterday morning. First time in so long! I’m doing it again in a few minutes. Looks pretty cloudy here right now. I had a window most of the day yesterday. Today doesn’t seem too bad so far. I’m sure hoping my rough wave cloud has lifted. Happy Sunday to you, my dear! May you be blessed today with feeling better.

I’m very excited about football this year. You’re hubby is a Bama fan and you’re a TN fan. Well ok! I bet game times are very interesting in your house. Lol 😂

Live  :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy: :mybuddy::hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

This may not be any comfort but some people’s waves last longer than others. It sucks but the baseline afterwards is much better. Some even healed after a lengthy stretch. Hang in there dear. We are here for you! It won’t be long now!

Happy Sunday everyone. Enjoy your day! Be blessed! ❤️🙏

Hello to all my buddies,

Leann and LadyDen,

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement.  It really means a lot. Trying to hang on to the thought that things could change at any time.

Sending  Much love and healing hugs to all,

LiveLife

LiveLife:  I am thinking about you this morning.    Hoping and praying you will get some relief soon.  This latest wave has gone on so long for you.  You are getting better even though it does not feel as if that is happening.  We will all heal!!!  Hang in there, friend.

Lisa

Hello to all my buddies,

Leann and LadyDen,

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement.  It really means a lot. Trying to hang on to the thought that things could change at any time.

Sending  Much love and healing hugs to all,

LiveLife

I’m having complete meltdown today, crying , feeling hopeless, think pushed myself too far, 3rd day in a row went out in car , big mistake. Feel sick, jelly legs. Last couple days really felt was on the cusp recovery. I used be like this all the time like you, just to let you know things do turn around. Think just do best you can do, if all it is, is sitting in bed crying, then so be it. This is so non linear, sleep gone awful as well. Just to let you know you and me both having crappy day. The fact you manage try stay positive throughout, you  do better than moaning Minnie me ❣️

Lisa,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. And this definitely has gone on way too long, hoping for an end in sight.

Leann,

I'm glad to hear you had some better times but I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering right along with me today. Hopefully things will start improving for you again soon.

Hugs,

LiveLife

Feels like acute again. So sorry you are still suffering live. Don’t think I’ll ever get much better than this. Trying to do normal stuff just backfires. Keep thinking sooner or later my husband will get fed up and leave.. Think being made CT caused irreparable damage, as nothing eases the mental torment. Feels like a vortex of horrible thoughts going on in my head that keeps dragging me back whenever I try to escape.

Lisa,

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I am really struggling I don't know why this is lasting so long and is so intense. So many symptoms and this fear is just unbelievable.  I'm trying so hard to stay positive and saying this is my brain healing.  I am just in tears.  I want my life back or even just even a decent day would be nice, to keep me encouraged.  Thank you for asking. Big hugs!

Are you doing a lot better? It seems like it and I'm happy to think that is the case.

LiveLife

Not really. I’m in the rocky waves with you! I did have ONE decent day the other day but by bedtime it came crashing down again. I’m in rough wave right now as I’m typing this. I understand how you feel because this is unreal for real! That corner has got to be very near now for us. Let’s keep taking one day at a time. Even in the day I sometimes have to take one hour at a time. Distracting distracting distracting. Prayers and calming breathing. Positive affirmations. As rough as it is, this can’t be for nothing, right? Major healing in the making. Sending you big hugs!

Sorry you are still struggling Live. If it’s any consolation I still don’t have symptom free day. I am better than I was. Made myself go to a restaurant in our nearby town just now. First time in months been into town. I am getting better at going out in the car, so sure you will improve. Almost feel like I’m on the cusp, nearly manage to get home without thinking was everyone alright. But there’s always someone gives me doubt, so my husband sometimes goes back to check. This does take such a long time and the residual anxiety hangs on for dear life refusing to let your brain completely heal. I do think any sort mental symptoms do seem the hardest to cope with. Are there any hobbies, interests you can distract with, When I was in the thick  of it did a lot of tapestry. The concentration needed did help. Wish I could give you something positive to help with anxiety, but I’ve yet to find anything, just takes long long time❣️

This WAS very supportive and positive Leann. And I agree with what you said. Especially this taking so darn long. I’m very proud of you going out to eat. Way to go! It will get easier as you do it more often. But careful not too often.

I’ll be so happy when I’m at this point even if I can go somewhere for 5 minutes. This is progress for you, Leann. Only months ago you couldn’t do this. So count it as a win, my dear. Yay!

Happy Labor Day to all Americans! 💪🏼👏 🇺🇸

We thank our ancestors for the hard work they’ve done in working to better our country.

Have a great day everyone! I’m spending mine resting as I’m too boaty to do much. 🛌

❤️🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸❤️

This WAS very supportive and positive Leann. And I agree with what you said. Especially this taking so darn long. I’m very proud of you going out to eat. Way to go! It will get easier as you do it more often. But careful not too often.

I’ll be so happy when I’m at this point even if I can go somewhere for 5 minutes. This is progress for you, Leann. Only months ago you couldn’t do this. So count it as a win, my dear. Yay!

Leann,

Bravo to you for getting to the restaurant! That's a big deal.  You're much stronger than you think.  I'm sorry things took a negative turn for you again but I think you'll come back around to better days.  Fall has good things in store for you with cooler weather and a change of atmosphere. 

Helen

Leann,

I'm so sorry to hear you feel like you're in acute again. But you had a good reprieve it's coming back and the next time it may never leave. Never forget that everyone heals!

LadyDen,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling right along with me. I know we're doing some deep healing but for how long does this have to keep on going?? I believe I should be finished by now with all the intensity of these symptoms. But I guess my brain and nervous system aren't finished yet. I know it's not all for nothing it's just so hard to endure. Right now even distracting is difficult again. Like you said we have to take one hour maybe even 1 minute at a time to get through this.  My nights for sleeping have been horrible. The fear and pain in my left side have been unbelievable. The nausea has been so bad it makes it hard to eat I have to force myself. And I have other symptoms too. At night, I doze off and then wake up all night. I know it can get worse before it gets better. But where is the better, the worse has been here for so long. Please let there be an end in sight for you and I and everyone of us!

Sending you big hugs.

LiveLife

Lady Den,

I'm still fairly sick but things seem to be changing a bit.  The cold is still rocking but now my stomach feels bad too so I'm speculating maybe this is my body trying to rid itself of the bug.  Just a thought but it helps me to believe it!  I haven't slept much at all so I'm feeling pretty weird but perhaps a bit better than yesterday. I just wish you were better!  Thanks for checking on me. 

Life Life,

Sheesh what a long ride this is indeed. I'm so very sorry for all your intense suffering right now. Not sleeping has circled back around on me too so I feel your pain!  We'll just keep doing our best.  We have to.

Helen

Leann,

I'm so sorry to hear you feel like you're in acute again. But you had a good reprieve it's coming back and the next time it may never leave. Never forget that everyone heals!

LadyDen,

I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling right along with me. I know we're doing some deep healing but for how long does this have to keep on going?? I believe I should be finished by now with all the intensity of these symptoms. But I guess my brain and nervous system aren't finished yet. I know it's not all for nothing it's just so hard to endure. Right now even distracting is difficult again. Like you said we have to take one hour maybe even 1 minute at a time to get through this.  My nights for sleeping have been horrible. The fear and pain in my left side have been unbelievable. The nausea has been so bad it makes it hard to eat I have to force myself. And I have other symptoms too. At night, I doze off and then wake up all night. I know it can get worse before it gets better. But where is the better, the worse has been here for so long. Please let there be an end in sight for you and I and everyone of us!

Sending you big hugs.

LiveLife

Never felt this bad before live. Like my brain is literally burning up from the inside. Almost like an electrical  storm is affecting every one of my nerve endings, like being plugged into the mains. Fearful of everything, really hoped I wouldn’t wake up this morning. I know you suffer extreme symptoms. I did take a melatonin Thursday, that’s when it started maybe that. Maybe did push myself too much. We did have big electrical storm in the early hours  felt like  it is still going on in my head. Really feels like chemical anxiety like  you would literally do anything just to make it stop. I would take a zopiclone if I thought it would ease it but it won’t. Thank you so much for your compassion xx

Helen,

I'm so sorry you're still struggling with that cold but hopefully that will be a thing of the past for you very soon. I'm sure you're going to do just fine once you get through it. But yes you and I seem to be in the same boat with the sleep right now these night terrors really make it difficult to sleep. Wishing you a much better night's sleep. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.

Leann,

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. That sounds absolutely horrible. Hopefully it's the last flare up before everything settles down for you. I wish we all could see much better days very soon.  I have used melatonin with no problems recently. But a few years back I had some issues with sleep and tried to use it and it bothered me then. So, I had some allergy clearing for it and now it seems to help me. Although it doesn't negate the night terrors, that's what's making my sleep so bad.  If you're sensitive to something it can definitely backfire on you.

Big hugs to all!

LiveLife

Lady Den,

I'm still fairly sick but things seem to be changing a bit.  The cold is still rocking but now my stomach feels bad too so I'm speculating maybe this is my body trying to rid itself of the bug.  Just a thought but it helps me to believe it!  I haven't slept much at all so I'm feeling pretty weird but perhaps a bit better than yesterday. I just wish you were better!  Thanks for checking on me. 

Life Life,

Sheesh what a long ride this is indeed. I'm so very sorry for all your intense suffering right now. Not sleeping has circled back around on me too so I feel your pain!  We'll just keep doing our best.  We have to.

Helen

Helen and Live I’m on the bad sleep train too…as of last night. I struggled to fall asleep in my night wave. I just stuck with my sleep progression routine and finally fell asleep. We know how things go in this crazy crap show. And yes some slams can last for months. We get tired because it is exhausting! It gets old real quick to wake up and go to bed in a Groundhog Day over and over. But it HAS to break at some point. I try to picture this as a sunrise and sunset. When slammed it’s a sunset but it’s slowly turning into a sunrise. So it seems….actually it’s always a sunrise in reality. The sun never stops shining. Our world has simply spun on its axis away from the side of the planet that we live on. We are in the dark but the other side are in the light at the same time! In this recovery journey, we are slowly turning back to the light. Naturally we want it to be done quick. Rightly so because who wants to suffer like this for this long…nobody! But it must do it the way it is set to do it in order to be done correctly and completely. Apparently this is not a rushed job for most of us. I wish there was a way for it to do it quick but with that not being the case, we take minute to hour to day to get through as best as we can. Hanging on to the hope that today will be that day we have turned toward the sun. There IS a healed us that is emerging. Regardless of how bad or for how long we are suffering this, it is there. My favorite thing to compare this to is a caterpillar turning into a butterfly. I’m in the process of getting my new beautiful wings….free to fly away from this forever and the sky’s the limit! 🦋

I was reading an old post from a success story to where they said to ask ourselves this question….

Would you rather feel a few months in a window then the rest of your life be hell OR would you rather have this hellish period however long it takes to repair then a forever window?

Leann,

LadyDen,

Sending you big hugs.

LiveLife

Never felt this bad before live. Like my brain is literally burning up from the inside. Almost like an electrical  storm is affecting every one of my nerve endings, like being plugged into the mains. Fearful of everything, really hoped I wouldn’t wake up this morning. I know you suffer extreme symptoms. I did take a melatonin Thursday, that’s when it started maybe that. Maybe did push myself too much. We did have big electrical storm in the early hours  felt like  it is still going on in my head. Really feels like chemical anxiety like  you would literally do anything just to make it stop. I would take a zopiclone if I thought it would ease it but it won’t. Thank you so much for your compassion xx

Am sorry. Leann do you think you should leave everything alone and give yourself enough time to heal? It sounds like melatonin isn’t agreeing with you. Yes you might be uncomfortable for a bit but maybe that’s what your brain finally needs…to be left alone. Just a thought  :thumbsup: If you go back and read your old posts, you’ll see that every time you mess with something it doesn’t go well. From your posts it makes you worse. Many of us are just as uncomfortable as you are…different symptoms but the same uncomfortable each day. We just accept it and get through the day then we get a window  :thumbsup:

I agree with whoever said that at some point we’ve got to stop reaching for something to take because of being uncomfortable. For most of us, that’s what got us in this situation in the first place. Natural is better. I think we fair much better using natural resources to help when we’re uncomfortable instead of taking something. We all know in this recovery sometimes we just won’t feel good. Also depending on people’s age, that must be considered ( aging brings aches, pains, mood swings, anxiety and all kinds of things). Anyway, I know I’ve suggested this to you before to try leaving everything alone for a significant amount of time.

What do you have to lose? I almost want to put money on it that you would make big leaps forward in your healing if you did that.  :thumbsup: The little while you tried it, you were much better. Remember?

Big hugs to you 🤗

Hope you feel better today.

Good morning!!!

Hope everyone had a decent weekend.  Of course, it was a holiday here in the States, so we had an extra day in our weekend!

I watched a lot of tennis, did a little knitting and laid pretty low.

How is everyone feeling this morning/afternoon?

Trying hard to stay positive and hopeful.  That can be so hard, but it certainly helps make the day a little brighter.

On September 15 I will be 30 months out; 2 1/2 years!  I never dreamed it would take this long, but I am so grateful that I have come this far.  I believe that this will all be over for me at some point, and I continue to look towards the future and all the wonderful things ahead of me.

I hope this does not offend anyone (the administrators might take this post down), but as you may have discerned from my posts, my faith is extremely important to me, and has been an integral part of my benzo journey.  I was originally given a benzo to help me sleep after having my second child.  I "healed" from that round in 2006, but continued to drink alcohol regularly and then in 2019 took Ambien periodically.    Unbeknownst to me at the time, the alcohol was keeping me from healing completely, and then the Ambien put me back into full blown tolerance withdrawal.  March 2020 I stopped taking Ambien and drinking alcohol, and thus my 2 1/2 year journey began.  It has been the absolute hardest thing I have ever been through in my 61 years!  Having said all that, I know there is a purpose in my suffering.  God is going to use it for my good and His glory.  I believe this with all my heart.  God has sustained me each and every day, and has been by my side every minute.  Does it feel terrible?  Yes!  Do I pray that it will stop?  Yes!  I am trusting that God, in His wisdom, has allowed me to experience this.    I know we don't all have the same beliefs.  That is one thing I love about this forum.  We are all different, but are united in our suffering.  It is actually a beautiful thing!   

I have nothing but incredible respect for each and everyone of you!!!  I am so honored and humbled to be a part of this group.  Y'all have no idea what you have meant to me!!! 

I hope everyone has a day that is somewhat manageable.    LiveLife, Leeann, GG, Helen, Jb42, Deanna, LadyDen, and all the rest......we are one day closer to healing!

Good morning!!!

Hope everyone had a decent weekend.  Of course, it was a holiday here in the States, so we had an extra day in our weekend!

I watched a lot of tennis, did a little knitting and laid pretty low.

How is everyone feeling this morning/afternoon?

Trying hard to stay positive and hopeful.  That can be so hard, but it certainly helps make the day a little brighter.

On September 15 I will be 30 months out; 2 1/2 years!  I never dreamed it would take this long, but I am so grateful that I have come this far.  I believe that this will all be over for me at some point, and I continue to look towards the future and all the wonderful things ahead of me.

I hope this does not offend anyone (the administrators might take this post down), but as you may have discerned from my posts, my faith is extremely important to me, and has been an integral part of my benzo journey.  I was originally given a benzo to help me sleep after having my second child.  I "healed" from that round in 2006, but continued to drink alcohol regularly and then in 2019 took Ambien periodically.    Unbeknownst to me at the time, the alcohol was keeping me from healing completely, and then the Ambien put me back into full blown tolerance withdrawal.  March 2020 I stopped taking Ambien and drinking alcohol, and thus my 2 1/2 year journey began.  It has been the absolute hardest thing I have ever been through in my 61 years!  Having said all that, I know there is a purpose in my suffering.  God is going to use it for my good and His glory.  I believe this with all my heart.  God has sustained me each and every day, and has been by my side every minute.  Does it feel terrible?  Yes!  Do I pray that it will stop?  Yes!  I am trusting that God, in His wisdom, has allowed me to experience this.    I know we don't all have the same beliefs.  That is one thing I love about this forum.  We are all different, but are united in our suffering.  It is actually a beautiful thing!   

I have nothing but incredible respect for each and everyone of you!!!  I am so honored and humbled to be a part of this group.  Y'all have no idea what you have meant to me!!! 

I hope everyone has a day that is somewhat manageable.    LiveLife, Leeann, GG, Helen, Jb42, Deanna, LadyDen, and all the rest......we are one day closer to healing!

What a beautiful uplifting post, Lisa! And I echo what you said. God is truly my all in all and he’s all I need at all times! HalleluYAH! I often post references about him because he’s all I know! I’d be dead if it wasn’t for him keeping me in the midst of it all as I’ve going through this, a divorce while in the peak of this, left alone nearly every day, completely bedridden for 2 years, etc. So if the Admins take this down then so be it! I think we’re safe as we’re not with the intention of encouraging any religion on anyone. We are simply giving credit/ gratitude for who we know is our help in this.

You’ve done very well so far. That is to be celebrated. ALL of us has done very well under these extremely difficult and long circumstances. That’s why I said we are not being strong, we are strong! I’m echoing you in being grateful for this journey. Honestly, it could be much worse! Some of our buddies lost their life trying to go through this. This isn’t a small thing by no means. So everyday that we make it, we are blessed! Yes this is a slow long exhausting process BUT atleast we can see that it will end with a bit more time. Even having ups downs slams and bams won’t stop it from happening. I’ll tell you what, Lisa, this is one of the biggest lessons I’ve learned concerning my health. Life changing! I’ll forever be extremely hesitant about what I put in my body especially from a doctor. I’m still in awe that a little sleeping pill nearly killed me and took my life away for going on 3 years now. I HAVE to hold fast to my belief that this isn’t permanent. That I will heal. My prayer is that it will be very soon. I’m making the best of being trapped in my apartment everyday. Honestly it is extremely hard to endure after all this time. But I hold tight my hope that God will heal me in restoring me to my normal healthy self free of these waves and symptoms and free to grab my keys to leave this place to go enjoy a day in his beautiful creation. I dream of that day everyday.

This just can’t be as good as it gets! Nope! I’m not believing that!

Love you ❤️🌹

Really nice post Lisa - Congrats on coming up on 2.5 years!  I feel the same as you, grateful for the good progress I've made and looking forward to being completely healed one day.

My worst symptoms have faded enormously, now experiencing some new sensations like needing to take deep breaths alot because I feel like I stop breathing (which isn't true at all)....I think this is what they call air hunger.  Things are shifting.  I take this as good news.

May we all make some shifts today!!!

I love your post, Decatur, and totally believe my faith has helped me survive. I’m 32 months Benzo free and very symptomatic today. Days like I’m having now make me doubt that it could possibly still be Benzo withdrawal. I may just be anxious about seeing a cardiologist tomorrow.

Thanks for sharing. Wishing everyone well.

Sandy