12-24 months and up support group

[La...]

Leann,

Thank you for your reply. Were you able to watch TV over the last few years? It's weird I could for about the first 7 months and then it was too stimulating for my nervous system. Nothing in benzo withdrawal or recovery makes any sense it's all crazy. I do use meditation at night before bed but I wake up constantly with night terrors. So I'm hoping that's going to pass for me soon. It really is disruptive for my sleep.

LiveLife,

I also have very severe tingling in the whole right side of my body from my shoulder all the way down to my legs and sometimes my feet. I also used to get that last year but it was gone for quite some time and it came back about 6-8 weeks ago.  I am also getting severe abdominal muscle pain which had also gone away and now has returned with vengeance.

Cannot figure out what is happening.  At 21 months off benzos I wish I could say it was all over.

Hoping we get relief soon.

Yes Live I can watch TV fine, I know others struggle with it. I struggled with insomnia for years hence addiction to zopiclone. Try listening to a calming CD to help with sleep really helped me. I’ve not had night terrors I feel for you, lack of sleep is horrible. I have a milky drink called Horlicks over here. Really hope it eases for you soon. Evening here, so going sign off and slob out in front TV. Sending big hugs xxx

Fly,

Hopefully because these symptoms came back it's going to be a worse before it gets better scenario for both of us. I have to keep hanging on to that thought because my symptoms have gotten so much worse than they've been in a very long time and they weren't all that good before. So here's hoping for both of us.

Leann,

Thank you so much for your reply. I hope you have a restful night.

Hugs!

LiveLife

Again, LiveLife, thank you for throwing me a rope of hope to hang on to!  It seems like there are quite a few of us that are having some new symptoms and old ones coming back around to haunt us.

Sending fervent wishes that all of us emerge from this horror movie sooner than later🙏🙏🙏😍😍😍😍😍😍🥰

Hugs,

GG

At 34 months and the tingling burning pain has been with me since day 1 and yes it’s in my private area.  It’s common.  I do not believe you have cancer.  I am sure you have looked up every bad thing that it could be but in reality it could be age and nothing more.    I believe you have health anxiety which is triggered by the brain’s constant searching for a solution.  I think you should do all you can.  Garden walk shop and let it be for now.  I can make myself pretty miserable by worrying about this all the time.  No setbacks no sensitivities just benzo wd for me.  I like you have tested everything by 24 months.  Nothing was found so I stopped.  Every time I got a weird sx or pain or they came and went I ran to the doctor and Dr Google searched everything.    Do your best to distract and quit googling every sx or disease you may have.  You have Paws and it comes and goes. 

I know I am probably guilty of all you state, UpperLeft, but the only thing that has me questioning what is going on is the results of my pelvic ultrasound which showed thickening of the uterine wall and fluid in that area.  Also, the bloating of my abdomen worries me.  I am usually quite positive and optimistic, and have weathered through three surgeries in three years and come out on top. 

I hope you are having good days!

GG

I know GG and I am sorry.  I have had my own health scares and convinced myself it was more than it was, then when it was not I was relieved.  I realize you had a abnormal ultrasound but worrying about it is not going to change it.  Do your best to distract.  Trust me I still have the burning tingling nerve pain from my mouth to the tips of my left toes.  Constantly not one day without it.  I am living with it and inspite of it. I have no choice and am still here.  Laying around worrying and praying it away is not a option.  It does go away and fade in time…I have to believe that for us both.  The one thing I do know is that I will treat nothing without positive test results. 

U

I do take great comfort from your messages, UL, and know that you have fought your own, long and very difficult personal battle with BWD.  I so appreciate you taking the time to reset me on the straight and narrow, and I will now put my bag of sorrows away.  My mom used to always say, “Don’t bother trouble ‘til trouble bothers you”!

Here’s to a future of healthy and happy living🙏🎉

Hugs,

GG

Hi Deanna.  Just wanted to touch base with you today…how are you feeling?  I pray better than I am.  I am feeling really awful today with bad GI issues, chills, mild headache.  Also have been having some strange tingling throughout my body, especially in the private area. 

Do you think the antibiotics have upset my entire CNS?  Even if I have uterine cancer it wouldn’t manifest this way, do you think?

Feeling pretty down when I look back and read my post on May 5th that I was almost ready to write a success story.  Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Hugs,

GG

Oh my dear GG I am so sorry you feel so awful :-(  Yes I had read awhile ago when some buddies took antibiotics (certain ones I cannot recall right now) it impacted their CNS and brought back some withdrawal symptoms.  But in time it will pass and you will regain your improved baseline!

Do you have a fever?  Or do you just feel like you have one?  I don't think a fever has ever been part of BWD, has it for you?  The tingling is so typical in BWD, and I too have had several instances where out of the blue my entire lady-part mucosa would burn and itch horribly! It would last for a day or two, and my OBGYN suggested that at our age coconut oil can be very soothing.  I sometimes used baby oil but I found the coconut oil helps more.  Coconut oil melts at body temperature so you can just warm it in your hands and smooth it around wherever needed.

I'm no doctor, but I agree your symptoms don't seem to be indicative of uterine cancer.  I think bleeding and pain would be more in line with that diagnosis.  Also my understanding is that uterine cancer is very slow growing and takes a long time to manifest itself into a late stage.  So let the follow-up with the Dr and biopsy shed light on that part of the equation.  I would bet good money that the finding of your uterine lining thickness is an incidental finding having noting to do with your current symptoms.  Meanwhile go back to all the strategies you used to improve and get to where you were in your healing.  You will regain your healing again.  I imagine that the antibiotics upset your microbiome which needs time to bounce back, and your nervous system needs to heal as well.  You will get there, although I know it is no fun going through this.

I am thinking of you GG!  You will get through this my dear  :smitten:

Dear Live don’t know if this helps at all, but this is definitely very non linear. Last year about this time, I managed to go away for  a couple nights, I was 2 and half years off zopiclone. Not up to doing that at moment, but must admit have taken the odd rescue dose this year as was really struggling as AD withdrawal hit me, not going take any more zop though. So things do vary greatly, may be in a few months you will see lot improvement. I’m hoping as AD withdrawal eases maybe might get away sometime this year. It does seem that you can seem to improve, then get slammed back again for a while, but it’s not an indication you will be like this forever. I felt like hell for couple weeks after Covid, but it did improve . Hugs from across the pond xxx

Good morning, 12/24 buddies,

I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing, and give an update on my progress. I don’t check in often due to triggers when reading how much suffering we have all suffered from BWD.

I am now 30 months and 5 days Benzo free. My pre Benzo life is slowly returning. I am totally functional most days with lingering and annoying symptoms. I’m very happy to report that the anxiety, fear and mental symptoms no longer plague me on a daily basis. They can pop up every now and then, but I’m able to persevere.

I cope with the tinnitus by listening to music and staying as busy as I can. I’m so grateful just to be able to do household duties again that I take pleasure in anything that keeps me busy and productive.

I still get head and face pressure at times, but it doesn’t scare me. I still get a UTI now and then and can cope with the side effects from the antibiotic so much better.

My eyesight is challenged at times,  but my eye doctor says all is fine for my age. I haven’t been to a doctor in over 6 months. I still get GI symptoms occasionally, but I had those prior to taking a Benzo.

I truly feel like I’m on the downhill slope to complete recovery. Like other buddies, I have a whole new perspective on life.

I can’t tell you how grateful I am to this group for helping me when I felt so totally hopeless and helpless. You are all amazing and very strong. Thank you, LadyDen, for starting this group. It is truly a blessing to so many.

Wishing everyone well.

Hugs,

Sandy

Hello to all,

Hope everyone is having a decent day. I am in intense misery. Have many symptoms and last night the fear was off the charts again keeping me up and it's with me right now. It is so absolutely terrifying. I'm using all types of techniques breathing, meditation, EFT everything I know and it is just relentless. It really hasn't let up. Tuesday night I had a break for a few hours and it was so amazing. The brakes are few and far between. I'm so hoping for a break at least from the fear it's one of the worst symptoms I have. And I have many physicals that have been really bothering me. For some reason the last two weeks have been worse than ever. I'm sure hoping there's an end in sight for me or at least some relief.

Leann,

Thank you for your post to me it was very encouraging and helpful. I definitely appreciate it.

Sandy,

So good to hear how well you're doing. Hoping I turn the corner soon. And I can definitely understand why you have a hard time coming on here seeing others suffering. I'm the same way. But I'm suffering so much myself right now I can barely hang on.

Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Good morning, 12/24 buddies,

I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing, and give an update on my progress. I don’t check in often due to triggers when reading how much suffering we have all suffered from BWD.

I am now 30 months and 5 days Benzo free. My pre Benzo life is slowly returning. I am totally functional most days with lingering and annoying symptoms. I’m very happy to report that the anxiety, fear and mental symptoms no longer plague me on a daily basis. They can pop up every now and then, but I’m able to persevere.

I cope with the tinnitus by listening to music and staying as busy as I can. I’m so grateful just to be able to do household duties again that I take pleasure in anything that keeps me busy and productive.

I still get head and face pressure at times, but it doesn’t scare me. I still get a UTI now and then and can cope with the side effects from the antibiotic so much better.

My eyesight is challenged at times,  but my eye doctor says all is fine for my age. I haven’t been to a doctor in over 6 months. I still get GI symptoms occasionally, but I had those prior to taking a Benzo.

I truly feel like I’m on the downhill slope to complete recovery. Like other buddies, I have a whole new perspective on life.

I can’t tell you how grateful I am to this group for helping me when I felt so totally hopeless and helpless. You are all amazing and very strong. Thank you, LadyDen, for starting this group. It is truly a blessing to so many.

Wishing everyone well.

Hugs,

Sandy

Sandy this is an amazing post!  I am thrilled for you and wish you continued healing  :smitten:

Sandy:  I am so glad to hear how well you are doing.  Think of you often.  I was asking GG about you recently.  I know you will just continue to feel more and more like your pre-benzo self.  Thanks so much for giving us an update and encouraging all of us.

LiveLife:  So sorry you are struggling so much!!!  I too am in a nasty wave, and holding out hope that it will be over.  You are brave!  This will get better.  You will have your life back one day!!!  We are all holding on tightly to that assurance.   

So thankful for this group and the support of each of you!

Lisa

A late day pop in from GG.  Hello all, hope everyone had some relief from symptoms as we head into the dinner hour. 

Sandy, hi, so wonderful to hear that you are re-entering the real world and functioning well even on the days that you still have a little “benzo buzz” floating about.  You are not too far ahead of me, and have been a true blue benzo buddy who has given me hope and prayed for me on some of my darkest days.  We seniors have to stick together and remind ourselves that we still have a lot of living to do.  So go now and catch up on all the things you love and hold dear, and that you have missed out on for way too long. You will be missed🙏😍🙏😍🙏

Today was a much better day for me with no nausea and no flu like symptoms.  Only real symptom was a pretty bad headache which came as a surprise, as I had not had one in about six weeks.  I am hoping that the antibiotic side effects have left town for good, and I can get back to not worrying about every little thing!  Health anxiety is a monster symptom in itself!

See you tomorrow😜😜😜

Hugs,

GG

Having a hard time eating and sleeping again.

Wishing everyone health and healing here.

Gardenguru I will keep my fingers crossed for you that it left for good.

A late day pop in from GG.  Hello all, hope everyone had some relief from symptoms as we head into the dinner hour. 

Sandy, hi, so wonderful to hear that you are re-entering the real world and functioning well even on the days that you still have a little “benzo buzz” floating about.  You are not too far ahead of me, and have been a true blue benzo buddy who has given me hope and prayed for me on some of my darkest days.  We seniors have to stick together and remind ourselves that we still have a lot of living to do.  So go now and catch up on all the things you love and hold dear, and that you have missed out on for way too long. You will be missed🙏😍🙏😍🙏

Today was a much better day for me with no nausea and no flu like symptoms.  Only real symptom was a pretty bad headache which came as a surprise, as I had not had one in about six weeks.  I am hoping that the antibiotic side effects have left town for good, and I can get back to not worrying about every little thing!  Health anxiety is a monster symptom in itself!

See you tomorrow😜😜😜

Hugs,

GG

Hugs GG!  See you tomorrow.

Again, LiveLife, thank you for throwing me a rope of hope to hang on to!  It seems like there are quite a few of us that are having some new symptoms and old ones coming back around to haunt us.

Sending fervent wishes that all of us emerge from this horror movie sooner than later🙏🙏🙏😍😍😍😍😍😍🥰

Hugs,

GG

Yes I’m one of those too. Old symptoms cycling back. Sucks! Sucks! Sucks! Feel better soon. ❤️

Good morning Yearlings! Thank you all for being concerned about me. I’m doing fine as I can. I’m getting the 2 year milestone can of whoop ass. Fun right? So I’m doing some extra tlc.

Sandy thanks for updating us. You sound so much better and I’m excited for your complete upcoming healing. I’m so glad to have met you. You’re such a sweetheart. A warrior for real. I wish nothing but the best for you. It’s awesome to read that you’re able to engage in normal life happenings again. I’m also beginning to do the same. It is very liberating to do something as simple as mop a floor without feeling faint or fear of falling over from boatiness/ ataxia. I’m now able to walk around outside. Not as far or as much as I’d like but I’ll take any kind of improvements at this point. To go from being completely bedridden for two years to now I’m in bed only when I want to be ( in rough waves I stay in bed until it passes). Lately since turning 2 years, it’s been kinda rough but a better kind of rough. If that makes sense? This goes back and forth as you said whenever it wants to. We’re at its mercy. So we wait it out however long it is. All the while faking it until we are not faking anymore but it’s our new reality! It’s so easy to become discouraged by these shifts of feeling like we’re going backwards. Old symptoms that has been long gone popping back up at horrible times. Not that any time is good but it seems like it knows when we need to be at important events….boom here they come upticking.  :tickedoff:

Annoying as heck! Right? I recall not so long ago I couldn’t even run a bath to get in it. Wow! Now I do it like so…….normal. It’s mind blowing when I think about how we sneakily improve in the background while still feeling like crap warmed over! 😂 I’m looking forward to all of our success stories real soon. Looks like you’re leading the way for us.  :thumbsup:

I’m so glad that I started this thread too. You all have helped me just as much. I greatly appreciate you all. Nothing but love for you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

JBen ❤️

GG ❤️

Becks ❤️

Deanna ❤️

Stitch ❤️

Live ❤️

Sandy ❤️

Leann ❤️

Lisa ❤️

Upper ❤️

Who did I miss? Definitely not on purpose so this is for you ❤️

Btw, let me share a joke to give us a laugh….

There was this very rich middle aged lady who’s never been married. She decided she’s had all the fun in her younger years so time to settle down to find someone she can grow old with. The problem was that she was very picky! So, she hired a matchmaker. Sitting in the matchmaker office she said “Sir, I’m very picky so I don’t think you’ll find me a guy to fit my strict requirements. I want him to be handsome, fit, healthy but never has been with a woman.” The matchmaker was taken aback by her last requirement. “ Wow. I’m not sure there’s anybody in this world that fits that description. Most men in their 50’s and 60’s are not virgins. But, I’ll look high and low to see if I can find him. And I’ll tell you what, I’m definitely the man for this job.if I can’t find him, then he doesn’t exist!” The woman squealed in excitement telling him no matter the cost go find him! So, about 3 months passed by and the matchmaker called the lady with exciting news…he found a guy meeting her requests so get the wedding planning started. Before hanging up the phone he said and as an added bonus he has a nice accent I think you’ll love. He’s Australian!

So the guy takes a flight flowers in hand met his beautiful bride to be at the airport. Sure enough he was fine as hell. Wooooo weeee! Fit, healthy and oh my god what an accent! She immediately fell in love! They got married in 2 weeks…….

The night of the honeymoon in their fancy very roomy hotel suite, the guy starts acting weird after some passionate kissin. Moving furniture, jumping around, making fast grabbing motions in the air. The new bride was scared that she just married a mad man. So she calmly asked him…..” what in the world are you doing?” Seeing the worried look on her face, he hugged her and said ….

“ Don’t be scared, my love. If making love to a woman is anything like being with a kangaroo then all this furniture can’t be in the way.”

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

* this joke is not to insult or offend Australians!* It is just a joke I read online the other day.