Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Syringes for micro liquid taper

[Li...]

@[...]

If I’m understanding the taper plan you shared correctly, it looks like you could begin by using a combination of a 10mL syringe and a 0.5mL syringe.

Here’s a video that might help:

• Like 1

[...]

Ok, that's the plan Dr.Horowitz shared with me. I don't understand it yet but will watch the video and gather the required tools.

• Like 1

[Li...]

Good.  You also might want to get a 1mL syringe.  That way you could use the 10mL syringe to measure 9mL and a 1mL syringe to measure from 0.95 to 0.55mL.  At that point, you could switch to the 0.5mL syringe to measure from 0.5 to 0.25mL.

Did Mark also give you suggestions on how to obtain a liquid form of your lorazepam?   For example, do you plan to use a compounding pharmacy?  Or, do you plan to make your own?  If the latter, you might be interested to learn that 1mg and 2mg lorazepam orodispersible tablets are available in India per Drugs@CDSCO.

Changing subjects … 

In reading through your past posts, you indicated you took an antibiotic back in November 2023.  Do you recall the name of the antibiotic?   Did you experience any adverse reactions to it?

• Like 1

[...]

My husband just started enquiring about the availability of liquids. It will take a little while to get all the info.

Yes, in Sept'23,  I developed a uti. It was very uncomfortable and I couldn't make it to the hospital so had a digital consultation with a urologist. The connection was bad too. I remember we did not have a detailed discussion about my condition nor did we get to a point about medication I was taking. He emailed me a prescription for Oflox along with a couple of other meds. I had absolutely no idea that I should be checking out interactions with ativan (The benzo was just always on the back burner, never bothered me). So yes, that's what probably broke the cycle big time. The oflox helped with my uti symptoms but subsequent testing kept showing a large number of bacteria count, so I was on 4 other dosages of uti antibiotics. Those weren't fluoroquinolones. But I remember that as i was recovering from the uti symptoms,  I was having transient lightheadedness and a feeling of pressure in my nose like I'm about to have a nose bleed. I never connected anything to the meds I was on. Somewhere in between all those antibiotic doses, I developed stomach pain and gastric issues. I was on meds to treat those for another 6 weeks and was bedridden the entire time with bad stomach spasms. Also, I started having pain in my bladder everytime I needed to use the loo. As well as sharp pelvic pains.

It was a tough time. I had never experienced back to back issues like this ever in my life. Had headaches too. And plenty of testing. CT abdomen, 2 MRI brain, lots of blood work. All normal except for fatty liver grade 2. I visited way too many doctors. 

[Li...]

Thank you for sharing the good news that your husband is helping you learn about liquid lorazepam options available in India, @[...].  I hope you’ll keep us updated so other members can learn from your experience.

Re: your experience with Oflox back in September 2023 ….

On the outside chance you haven’t already read this, here’s what the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition has to say about fluoroquinolone antibiotics:

These antagonize the GABAA receptor and have recently been updated with an FDA Boxed warnings by the FDA regarding risks “due to potentially permanent, disabling side effects occurring together,” such as nerve damage, Myasthenia Gravis, and others. It is important to note as well that the fluoroquinolones actually displace benzodiazepines from their binding sites on GABA-receptors. This class of antibiotics can precipitate acute withdrawal in people taking or tapering from benzodiazepines. It may be necessary to take antibiotics during benzodiazepine withdrawal, but, if possible, the fluoroquinolones should be entirely avoided. Fluoroquinolones should be contraindicated with chronic benzodiazepine exposure in nearly every scenario.

You might want to share the above information with your neurologist and other doctors as well.  

Source:

Medications and Supplements of Concern on Benzodiazepines, During Cessation and After Withdrawal - Benzodiazepine Information Coalition

• Like 1