Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

I'm 52, started benzos age 34. 20 days to go.

Wow, Peaceful, what a journey. You're so close . . . 20 days!!!! How are you feeling?

:smitten:

Katz

Wow, Peaceful, what a journey. You're so close . . . 20 days!!!! How are you feeling?

:smitten:

Katz

Hi Katz, I’m doing really well and I feel good, thanks for asking.  Most of my systems are back online, just waiting on a few small areas -- e.g. the blurry vision.  It's definitely been a long journey  :idiot:  I'm closing out a number of chapters in my life, all to the good.  I’m so ready to be done!  :thumbsup:

Katz,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement, I really needed some hope. How awesome that you are and were a novelist, and that you recovered.

It's interesting that you could not read during your taper. I am experiencing the same thing. When that comes back I would love to read your works. Take care - Tom

It's interesting that you could not read during your taper.

It's peculiar that this happens to us, isn't it? I was literally unable to make sense of sentences, and therefore, paragraphs. I had material I needed to "read" so I bought CDs, listened to them, and made notes. Good grief. I thought I had early stage Alzheimer's, truly.

But with the passing of my benzo taper, this unfortunate symptom passed also. I believe all of us afflicted in this way will recover. It's frightening and discouraging, but temporary.

Be well,

Katz

40. Life was going great until I hit major interdose withdrawal in September. Xanax five years. Having a rough taper and lost my career. Not sure how people make it so long until they heal, really struggling with symptoms, what I've lost, and the fear I won't heal.

I hope everything works out for you. Sorry you are going thru a lot. You will get thru it I'm sure of it.

Good luck.

I just turned 65 and will not give up. I c/t in 2002 and had to reinstate after 4 months of not getting better. It took a good 2 years to feel halfway normal, but I managed to stabilize, hold and then I tapered again. On and off due to life's stressors. I wish I could go live on a remote island and have no stress, but of course that is not realistic. I don't feel like I am too old to keep trying, especially with the better taper methods that we have now.

Dana, at 60 I’m thankful we are getting off benzos!  Giving up is not an option for me either.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Dana, at 60 I’m thankful we are getting off benzos!  Giving up is not an option for me either.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Amen!

I am so encouraged by the number of people here that are older and still trying! Yes, there is always Hope and something in my Spirit prompts me to keep trying even though I have bends in the road. We all do. I am also encouraged by the people who have gotten off at an older age. If that doesn't give me  :)hope, I don't know what will.

I’m 68. I agree that there is no choice but to get off this drug. I believe it is the only chance I have to free myself from the severe Benzo induced depression and anxiety that have slowly destroyed my life for years. I have been tapering over a year. I was in relative withdrawal when I started. I cannot stabilize and everyday has become mere survival. But I am going to taper off. If it takes me down, I will go down Benzo Free. I don’t see a real choice. Reinstatement would be settling for a life of suffering. I am sure about that. So, I have nothing to lose to believe that I can get some of myself back, if I am willing to accept the fact that it may very well be long and hard. Esperanza