Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

7 years on clonazepam

22 months off! ;D

Too many years wasted spent living in illness from polypharmed hell:  Lexapro/Wellbutrin/Trazodone/Adderrall/lamictal/Lamortrigine/clonazepam

So thrilled to be feeling a bit better from withdrawal side effects these last two days!  ;D Hope it lasts and keeps getting better (hope I didn't jinx myself)

event.png

43... wasted over 6 months on this rubbish, thankfully found benzobuddies now and not years down the line.

Put on at age 19

Been on for 25 years

Will be interesting to see what adult life is like for the first time without drugs...  Worth the fight to find out!

53 started taking clonazapam at 48 stopped at 53 use to look 10 years younger now look 10 years older and feel it

40. Life was going great until I hit major interdose withdrawal in September. Xanax five years. Having a rough taper and lost my career. Not sure how people make it so long until they heal, really struggling with symptoms, what I've lost, and the fear I won't heal.

Hi Tom.

Sorry you are struggling. I think the size of your cuts so far might be the reason. They sure seem awfully big to me.

A slower taper schedule might really help you. I started at 15 mgs and marched down very aggressively to 5 mgs when I was stopped by awful s/x. I wish I had made smaller cuts -- I don't believe I would have had such a hard time.

The smaller cuts you plan to make should help.

I know you're worried about ever healing, but we all do get over this awful benzo nightmare. I thought I'd never heal, either, but I did.

All my best,

Katz

40. Life was going great until I hit major interdose withdrawal in September. Xanax five years. Having a rough taper and lost my career. Not sure how people make it so long until they heal, really struggling with symptoms, what I've lost, and the fear I won't heal.

Me too Tom...I lost my job of almost 30 years and I am older than you. These drugs have pretty much wrecked my life. I have been on them nearly 30 years. My biggest fear is that I will never feel better again but I still have hope. All these bizarre sx's make you feel like you are seriously ill, even dying sometimes. Each day is often a struggle to just survive for me.

Guys, you can recover and lead good lives again. I hear your doubts and despair.

I, too, despaired of recovery ever happening. I was so sick on my taper I thought I might die. And my taper took such a long time.

I was on benzos for over 20 years. Ditto psych drugs -- I don't think I could count them. Also Ambien. 

But after I was off everything, gradually I began to feel better. Then I reclaimed my former career. I am a novelist . . . yet on my taper I couldn't even read. I began to write again, and my 2nd post benzo book is about to be published.

I don't think I am special. And I am old. I'm 71.

So please believe that you will get better, and get back to your former lives . . . or discover new ones.

I'm rooting for all of you.

:smitten:

Katz

Guys, you can recover and lead good lives again. I hear your doubts and despair.

I, too, despaired of recovery ever happening. I was so sick on my taper I thought I might die. And my taper took such a long time.

I was on benzos for over 20 years. Ditto psych drugs -- I don't think I could count them. Also Ambien. 

But after I was off everything, gradually I began to feel better.

Katz

Approx. how many months Katz after off everything before you started feeling better? Thanks for your post!

I will  be 74 in 3 weeks.    Think I am the oldest, unless I am proven wrong. Prescribed Valium last year, and not given any advice, except that on my low dose, of 3-4mgs I would not become addicted and keep taking it.  I stupidly trusted the Doctor. Down to 1.85mgs  today.

Well done Chinchuck. You're getting there  :)

Put on at age 19

Been on for 25 years

Will be interesting to see what adult life is like for the first time without drugs...  Worth the fight to find out!

I totally agree! Very interesting experiment & comparison.