Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

Cagirl, 

It was my birthday yesterday. But thanks just the same. Trochsetter

Yes, I posted yesterday, but I got the wrong buddie.  My apologies.  I hope your day was great. 

69 - 2 years on 1 1/2 mg. Clonazepam.  Started slow taper 5 weeks ago. It's been rough, but I'm determined to get through this.

61 and noe 2.5 years completely off after taking K for 18 years.

Been rough...

Issue now is dizziness and a feeling of weak legs.

No matter, as life goes on and it's just another day to conquer something

I have been on benzos since around 2006 onward.  I have tapered down from 2mg of Ativan begining from last August to 0.375mg this month.  It is kicking my ass baldy.  Been nauseous for the whole time, losing hair, I can't really function.  I am still deciding if I am going to soldier on through the rest or try to find a doctor to help me stay at this dose for a while until I feel a bit better.

I am (gasp) a senior. If I could go back in time and never start taking benzos, I would. My tolerance, and subsequent taper, stole years from me, dampened my spirit, wracked by body with sx from hell...all because I had a few panic attacks in my 30s and the doctors tried to help me. If I only knew what would await.....

66. 2 mg Ativan, tolerance w/d; begged to taper, CO to 3 mg Clonazepam. Tolerance w/d. Very slow taper.  Suzuka9 My mantra: It does not matter how slow you go, as long as you don’t stop.

I am just curious. I see ppl in their 60's and 70's who are trying to withdraw from these drugs after long-term use. Simply state your age please if you don't mind sharing.

**I am 56. I wish I had gotten off this crap 2 decades ago.

hi im 68 and been on valium since my early 40s and it never was a problem i done well in life got a good job became self-employed bought property and life went on and to be honest it never bothered me been on the 15 ml valium i always told myself i was not addicted to them they do nothing for me which i felt to be true and to cut this story short about 3 yrs ago i was going through a bad time with my wife's illness dementia and was put on some other meds and somehow i just stopped taking 5 ml and any WD i was having i put it down to the other tablets the doctor gave me and all the side effects were because of that ignorance was bliss in my case and a year later i was back at the doctors saying i needed help again with my wife's mental state i was off the first lot of tablets he gave and said i did not like them and could i try a different type for some unknown reason i dropped another 5 ml and same i got WD but once again it was the tablets and after some months i stopped taking the new tablets and went to Asia and decided to live there which is still the plan but in any way my doctor said i would have to stop the valium and i agreed as i was now only on 5 ml and no problem to me WRONG WRONG and it has become a year long battle to get off the 5ml I Am down to 2 ml at present and sitting there as i want to be feeling right  before moving on and also the feeling inside me from my head to my toes at present is not good and i just want to sit and wait till this goes and hopefully it will the postive I Am taking from the WD is slowly slowly i have rambled on but also i have got great feedback and help from the site and i also learned a lot so im greatful to be a member such a great sit