Curious about the ages of ppl who are withdrawing.

[An...]

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [or...]

• [An...]

• [de...]

• [Sa...]

28. I consider myself old here because I took my first dose of medication (Cymbalta) straight after leaving school at 17-18 years of age. I sometimes cannot remember what life is like without being medicated and the withdrawals that come with that.

You guys are real warriors  :thumbsup: to be able to push on and even pass down some wisdom here on these forums.

62 white male

like one guy said above I looked much older, I always looked young for my age until C.

but a facelift made me look 50...seriously. I feel good and I get dates now...

62 white male

like one guy said above I looked much older, I always looked young for my age until C.

Ok so you recommend the face lift? I’m thinking about getting one at some point.  ;D

I’d be afraid to get a facelift and need pain medication.

I’m going to give my body a chance to recuperate, but I’ve aged considerably since I started the withdrawal process. Loosing fifteen pounds at my age didn’t help.

Hoping I’ll look better when I gain some much desired weight.

Best

31 been using benzos since 16

Wow, I am amazed at the ppl under age 18 who are put on these drugs. I think I was about age 25 when I was 1st put on them.

Are these drugs (benzos) given to really small children? Does anyone know?

I know what you're saying. I doubt small children get them except maybe for epilepsy as a secondary med? now that I'm grown to put it very mildly I am upset that they trashed my developing brain with this poison.

I've successfully tapered 3 times and cold turekedy to zero 2 times previous to this taper. I think because I was so young and far from having a fully developed brain at 16years old I have serious chemical injury to my brain. Each time I've come off I haven't been able to function mentally or physically to any degree.

It's like giving amphetamines to kids with add or adhd. do these demons (aka doctors) really not think some sort of massive consequences will not occur by giving these powerful drugs to kids? Do no harm my ass.

I am just curious. I see ppl in their 60's and 70's who are trying to withdraw from these drugs after long-term use. Simply state your age please if you don't mind sharing.

**I am 56. I wish I had gotten off this crap 2 decades ago.

42, about to turn 43. Been on some type of benzo since age 16. This is my Second attempt to get off Klonopin

I'm cracking up laughing over the facelift comments as I have my "secret stash" of money that I'm saving for it!  :thumbsup: Just a brow lift. :)

I, too, have aged 10 years over the past 2 years of this dreaded taper. My mini surgery will be my gift to myself when I feel well enough.  Also agree that the weight loss is not helping my cause! Was down to 90 lbs this past October/November! Finally hitting the triple digits at 100 lbs even. Woo-hoo!  :laugh: Yeah, I'm getting large. Ugh!!!!!! But eating like crazy!

I'm cracking up laughing over the facelift comments as I have my "secret stash" of money that I'm saving for it!  :thumbsup: Just a brow lift. :)

I, too, have aged 10 years over the past 2 years of this dreaded taper. My mini surgery will be my gift to myself when I feel well enough.  Also agree that the weight loss is not helping my cause! Was down to 90 lbs this past October/November! Finally hitting the triple digits at 100 lbs even. Woo-hoo!  :laugh: Yeah, I'm getting large. Ugh!!!!!! But eating like crazy!

Lol i still don’t understand why most lose weight during their taper but I’ve gained. Not sure which is worse. Hmmm I think the face lift is a must after this somehow even though I’ve gained I feel my face didn’t get the memo and gravity took over.  :-\

I will  be 74 in 3 weeks.    Think I am the oldest, unless I am proven wrong. Prescribed Valium last year, and not given any advice, except that on my low dose, of 3-4mgs I would not become addicted and keep taking it.  I stupidly trusted the Doctor. Down to 1.85mgs  today.

77!

Was 72 when I started my DLMT.

Lol i still don’t understand why most lose weight during their taper but I’ve gained. Not sure which is worse. Hmmm I think the face lift is a must after this somehow even though I’ve gained I feel my face didn’t get the memo and gravity took over.  :-\

Literally laughing out loud at your memo comment! Priceless! 

In the past, when I've gained weight... you know, back in the day when I actually could!... I used to say that my "boobs" always got ripped off since the weight went everywhere but there (where I needed it the most)!  :laugh:

I will  be 74 in 3 weeks.    Think I am the oldest, unless I am proven wrong. Prescribed Valium last year, and not given any advice, except that on my low dose, of 3-4mgs I would not become addicted and keep taking it.  I stupidly trusted the Doctor. Down to 1.85mgs  today.

77!

Was 72 when I started my DLMT.

Builder, I'm impressed! After all of that at 72 and you're still here helping out the rest of us? 

Bless you!

Literally laughing out loud at your memo comment! Priceless! 

In the past, when I've gained weight... you know, back in the day when I actually could!... I used to say that my "boobs" always got ripped off he weight went everywhere but there (where I needed it the most)!  :laugh:

Lol Lori I wish I could give you some, my boobs are insanely huge I’ve had to buy new bras to accommodate them. It must be a hormonal thing. I’m hoping they deflate at some point. Believe me you’re not missing anything. I feel like they should have their own area code. Sigh.

19 months on diazepam

20 years on other syc meds

2 months off diazepam and 10 months of all syc meds

62 white male

Ok so you recommend the face lift? I’m thinking about getting one at some point.  ;D

Me too mountaintop! I’m entirely too vain and benzo withdrawal and vanity don’t mix!

I’m 48 in July. I may be benzo free by my birthday.  :) *fingers crossed*

Annie

62 white male

Me too mountaintop! I’m entirely too vain and benzo withdrawal and vanity don’t mix!

I’m 48 in July. I may be benzo free by my birthday.  :) *fingers crossed*

Annie

That would be awesome Annie! You’ve made such great progress in a year’s time you should be proud. Rooting for you.  :thumbsup:

That would be awesome Annie! You’ve made such great progress in a year’s time you should be proud. Rooting for you.  :thumbsup:

Thanks mountaintop.  :)

Annie